WeightType
Sniping Crossbow500 gp1d61d8
18-20/x2100 ft.5 lbs.
PiercingElven Gracebow
100 gp1d61d8x360 ft.3 lbs.Piercing[/table]
1Reach Weapon
2Double Weapon
Axehammer
Resembling a cross between a light hammer and a handaxe, an axehammer has the head of a hammer with edges as sharp as those of an axe, and can function much like both.

Battle Cane
Battle Canes are similar in build to a quarterstaff, but with one curving end and another shod in iron. The battle cane is a special monk weapon. This designation gives a monk wielding a battle cane special options. With a battle cane, you get a +2 bonus on opposed attack rolls made to disarm an enemy (including the roll to avoid being disarmed if such an attempt fails). You can use a battle cane to make trip attacks. If you are tripped during your own trip attempt, you can drop the cane to avoid being tripped.

Chainblade
A Chainblade is a hybrid of a bastard sword and a spiked chain. It looks like a sword, but when swung, the blade extends into a series of bladed chain links. A Chainblade has reach, and like a spiked chain, it can be used to attack adjacent foes. You can make trip attacks with a Chainblade. If you are tripped during your own trip attempt, you can drop the blade to avoid being tripped. When using a Chainblade, you get a +2 bonus on opposed attack rolls made to disarm an opponent (including the roll to avoid being disarmed if such an attempt fails). You can use the Weapon Finesse feat to apply your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to attack rolls with a Chainblade. Because of a Chainblade’s complexity, one must take the Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword) and Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Spiked Chain) feats before one can take the Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Chainblade). Feats that apply to either of the two–for example, Weapon Focus (Bastard Sword) or Improved Critical (Spiked Chain)–also apply to the Chainblade, though you gain no benefit for having the feat for more than one of the weapons. If you are wielding a Chainblade but lack the proficiency feat for it, you must wield it as a two-handed weapon and cannot use it to attack adjacent foes or make trip attempts.

Elven Gracebow
Elven Gracebows are medium-sized bows, sized between a shortbow and a longbow, used in many elven martial arts. Monks treat elven gracebows as special monk weapon. This designation gives a monk wielding an elven gracebow special options. If you have a penalty for low Strength, apply it to damage rolls when you use an elven gracebow. Composite elven gracebows cannot be built.

Goblin Deathspike
Goblin Deathspikes are slender, amazingly well crafted–for goblins, at least–spikes of steel. Not designed for hack and slashing, a goblin deathspike can easily pierce through to the vital and inflict grievous damage. You get a +2 bonus on Sleight of Hand checks made to conceal a goblin deathspike on your body. You can’t wield a goblin deathspike in two hands in order to apply 1½ times your Strength bonus to damage. Because using the weapons requires great manual dexterity, you must have the Weapon Finesse feat in order to take the Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Goblin Deathspike) feat.

Sniping Crossbow
A Sniping Crossbow is a modified light crossbow designed for accuracy, with a slender body and a mounted telescopic sight. You draw a sniping crossbow back by pulling a lever. You load and fire a sniping crossbow just as you would a light crossbow. As a full-round action, you may make a single attack with a sniping crossbow. If the attack is successful, you may add half your Dex bonus to the damage roll.

War Claws
A War Claw consists of a three steel blades mounted on a modified gauntlet, designed to be strapped onto the forearm. This allows you to hold an item in the hand wielding a war claw, though you may not attack with them while doing so. A war claw cannot be disarmed.

martyboy74
2006-08-23, 08:15 PM
Does the sniping crossbow's 1/2 dex to damage stack with other abilities that apply dexterity to damage?

The Demented One
2006-08-23, 08:43 PM
Does the sniping crossbow's 1/2 dex to damage stack with other abilities that apply dexterity to damage?
Sure why not. Oh, and if a crysmal comes anywhere near it, it triggers the Third Impact.

martyboy74
2006-08-23, 08:50 PM
Oh, and if a crysmal comes anywhere near it, it triggers the Third Impact.
You're getting good at this.

The Demented One
2006-08-24, 11:23 AM
You're getting good at this.
You know, someday I probably will make something that interacts with crysmals.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-24, 11:36 AM
Perhaps that giant sentient Psicrystal thing you came up with would be a good place to start for that.

The Demented One
2006-08-24, 11:40 AM
Perhaps that giant sentient Psicrystal thing you came up with would be a good place to start for that.
I was actually thing something along the lines of either a Crystal Elemental, or a Crysmal Hivequeen. Take your pick.

Dragonmuncher
2006-08-24, 11:42 AM
I like these.

Axehammer- nice to have a poweful light weapon.

Deathspike- A Master Thrower/Exotic Weapon master with these? Awesomtastic.

War Claw-I like the idea, although I'm not sure how useful it would be. Maybe hold a potion or a wand in the hand?

Chainblade- This is very weird, and I'm having a very hard time visualizing the weapon. I can see it being like a sword, and when you swing it it extends, but does it snap back into a sword-like shape? Does it have a rubber band core, or something? Flavor aside, I think it's a cool and powerful weapon. I can't decide if having to have bastard sword and spiked chain proficency is too much or too little to ask. Especially since once you get a chainblade, those two feats are essentially meaningless. Hm.

Battle Cane- interesting. Did you use that point-based system for making weapons I've seen somewhere? BC looks balanced, and new monk weapons are always fun.

Gracebow makes me laugh, monks banging enemies on the head with their bows. Good stuff though.

The Demented One
2006-08-24, 11:58 AM
Chainblade- This is very weird, and I'm having a very hard time visualizing the weapon. I can see it being like a sword, and when you swing it it extends, but does it snap back into a sword-like shape? Does it have a rubber band core, or something? Flavor aside, I think it's a cool and powerful weapon. I can't decide if having to have bastard sword and spiked chain proficency is too much or too little to ask. Especially since once you get a chainblade, those two feats are essentially meaningless. Hm.
You ever played Soul Caliber? Think Ivy's sword.

Did you use that point-based system for making weapons I've seen somewhere? BC looks balanced, and new monk weapons are always fun.
Yep.

Gracebow makes me laugh, monks banging enemies on the head with their bows. Good stuff though.
More like flurry of arrows.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-24, 12:02 PM
I was actually thing something along the lines of either a Crystal Elemental, or a Crysmal Hivequeen. Take your pick.
I have to pick?

The Demented One
2006-08-24, 12:03 PM
I have to pick?
Pick which one I do first, I mean.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-24, 12:05 PM
Hm. Crysmal, then. Elementals never really do it for me.

Hypertext
2006-08-24, 01:07 PM
Do you think that maybe the War Claw could get some sort of bonus to disarm? It seems like something that would be good at that and usually an exotic weapon will have something like that. Being able to hold something in your hand and not attack with it doesnt seem all that helpful IMO.

Eighth_Seraph
2006-08-24, 04:21 PM
Sure why not. Oh, and if a crysmal comes anywhere near it, it triggers the Third Impact.

what is all this about crysmals?! What in the four octilion layers of the abyss is a crysmal? Every thread I've been on this week has had a referance to either crysmals or the third impact.

martyboy74
2006-08-24, 04:24 PM
what is all this about crysmals?! What in the four octilion layers of the abyss is a crysmal? Every thread I've been on this week has had a referance to either crysmals or the third impact.
This (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/crysmal.htm) is a crysmal. It eats crystal.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-24, 04:43 PM
This (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/crysmal.htm) is a crysmal. It eats crystal.
It's too bad they don't have LA. It'd be fun to play one.

The Demented One
2006-08-24, 05:05 PM
It's too bad they don't have LA. It'd be fun to play one.
Not that it means anything, but I'd call 'em LA +3, +4 tops. Might find some berk who'll let you play one. Interesting roleplaying...instead of trying to seduce a barmaid, you'd start hitting on her jewelry.

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-08-24, 10:32 PM
Interesting ideas. The chainblade is pure fun (playing a lot of Soul Calibur/watching Brotherhood of the Wolf, I take it?), if completely impossible as a real life weapon. But it fits well for fantasy. The feat progression to wield it feels very odd, but makes sense given how obscenely powerful the weapon is.

I like the goblin deathspike, it's funky but in a good way. Not sure that forcing someone to take Weapon Finesse first is entirely necessary, but I'd have to see how nasty it was in action to be sure (the wide crit range and x3 multiplier open it up to possibly getting out of hand with the right build).

The battle cane is pretty interesting. Is it inspired by something? Possibly a shepherd's crook?

I'm not quite sure how I should picture the axe-hammer. Just sharpening the edges of a normal hammer wouldn't produce the right effect - do they extend into blades? I'm probably missing the obvious here, just can't get the visualization right. But it's a great little weapon, one of the few light exotic weapons I've seen worth spending the feat for, IMHO.

The war claw seems a bit underpowered to me. I like that it can't be disarmed but allows you to pick something up with that hand. However, otherwise it's a slashing shortsword, and you can't attack when you're holding something. I'm not sure it's good enough to justify spending a feat on, but it's too good as just a martial weapon.

I'm worried that the sniping crossbow could become overpowered very quickly with the right build. It already has a better crit range than a light crossbow, and from the description I assume you can reload it as a free action with Rapid Reload. Coupled with it's ability to add Dex to any successful attack, I think it's just a step too good.

I like the elven gracebow... except that it only works for elves. I'm just tired of elves always getting shiny new toys just for them. Even with the race restriction, I think the damage is a bit high for it as well. I'd probably like it better if any monk who spent the feat could use it as a monk weapon, and if it did a d6 damage instead. It being an elven weapon makes sense for flavor, but making it's only real usage race restricted just seems silly to me.

The Demented One
2006-08-24, 10:50 PM
Interesting ideas. The chainblade is pure fun (playing a lot of Soul Calibur/watching Brotherhood of the Wolf, I take it?), if completely impossible as a real life weapon. But it fits well for fantasy. The feat progression to wield it feels very odd, but makes sense given how obscenely powerful the weapon is.
Yeah, this is Ivy's sword.

I like the goblin deathspike, it's funky but in a good way. Not sure that forcing someone to take Weapon Finesse first is entirely necessary, but I'd have to see how nasty it was in action to be sure (the wide crit range and x3 multiplier open it up to possibly getting out of hand with the right build).
High strength plus this could lead to unhealthily high damage on crits. Requring finesse will tend to prevent that damage from getting too crazy.

The battle cane is pretty interesting. Is it inspired by something? Possibly a shepherd's crook?
Nothing in particular, just a quirky concept I came up with.

I'm not quite sure how I should picture the axe-hammer. Just sharpening the edges of a normal hammer wouldn't produce the right effect - do they extend into blades? I'm probably missing the obvious here, just can't get the visualization right. But it's a great little weapon, one of the few light exotic weapons I've seen worth spending the feat for, IMHO.
Think of it as a hammer, where the back of the head flares out into an axe blade.

The war claw seems a bit underpowered to me. I like that it can't be disarmed but allows you to pick something up with that hand. However, otherwise it's a slashing shortsword, and you can't attack when you're holding something. I'm not sure it's good enough to justify spending a feat on, but it's too good as just a martial weapon.
Maybe bump up the crit range by one?

I'm worried that the sniping crossbow could become overpowered very quickly with the right build. It already has a better crit range than a light crossbow, and from the description I assume you can reload it as a free action with Rapid Reload. Coupled with it's ability to add Dex to any successful attack, I think it's just a step too good.
Hmm...maybe require a full-round action to make a single attack in order to get the Dex bonus.

I like the elven gracebow... except that it only works for elves. I'm just tired of elves always getting shiny new toys just for them. Even with the race restriction, I think the damage is a bit high for it as well. I'd probably like it better if any monk who spent the feat could use it as a monk weapon, and if it did a d6 damage instead. It being an elven weapon makes sense for flavor, but making it's only real usage race restricted just seems silly to me.
Yeah, I suppose I could work something out.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-24, 10:54 PM
Making the War Claw an exotic 1d4/1d6 19-20/x3 would be perfect.

The Demented One
2006-08-24, 10:56 PM
Making the War Claw an exotic 1d4/1d6 19-20/x3 would be perfect.
Yeah, but high crit mods tend to be the domain of the "Thog smash!" variety of weapon--axes, mauls, and so on. Sword-type things tend to be more of a high crit range deal, which is the way I went.

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-08-24, 10:58 PM
Think of it as a hammer, where the back of the head flares out into an axe blade.
Ah, now I get it. I don't know what was wrong with my brain, but I was making it far too complicated. Your description is fine, it was just me.

Maybe bump up the crit range by one?
That might be too much, but nothing else occurs to me (I don't think tripping makes sense, and while disarming kind of does, I think it would be too much since it can't be disarmed).

Hmm...maybe require a full-round action to make a single attack in order to get the Dex bonus.
A standard action special attack would also remove the problem. A full round seems a tad much.

Yeah, I suppose I could work something out.
Sorry to kind of go off there, just kind of a pet peeve thing - and even I'm not immune to it. Made a couple shiny elf-only PrCs and items for no other reason save that elves seem to be a magnet for such things. Bloody elves. But I really like the concept overall, and the "elves came up with it" part of the flavor makes a great deal of sense in your basic D&D world. I'm really curious to see what a monk-archer build would look like, given how feat intensive archery builds tend to be.

The Demented One
2006-08-24, 11:02 PM
Sorry to kind of go off there, just kind of a pet peeve thing - and even I'm not immune to it. Made a couple shiny elf-only PrCs and items for no other reason save that elves seem to be a magnet for such things. Bloody elves. But I really like the concept overall, and the "elves came up with it" part of the flavor makes a great deal of sense in your basic D&D world. I'm really curious to see what a monk-archer build would look like, given how feat intensive archery builds tend to be.
Truth be told, I agree with you completely. Only reason I made it elven in flavor is because I can't think of any real-world martial art that's ever used a bow, and just taking a bow with a Japanese name and saying "Oh yeah, monks totally use that!" hurts my soul. I've retained the flavor, but changed it so any monk can use it. Damn elves can learn to share.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-24, 11:24 PM
Yeah, but high crit mods tend to be the domain of the "Thog smash!" variety of weapon--axes, mauls, and so on. Sword-type things tend to be more of a high crit range deal, which is the way I went.
The Punching Dagger's a x3, and for a similar reason: stab wounds are lethal.

The Demented One
2006-08-24, 11:56 PM
The Punching Dagger's a x3, and for a similar reason: stab wounds are lethal.
You don't stab with the claws, you cut with them. Hence, slashing damage.

Fredderf
2006-08-27, 11:48 AM
I would change the crit range on the war claw. 18-20 seems a bit much, and it ends up with the game stats of a rapier, which is, in my opinion, a bit much for a claw.

I like the chain blade, good 'ol soul calibur 2 ;D.

The battle cane makes me smile. I can't help but think of some old guy completely whooping on a PC with one of these. Good weapon though.