PDA

View Full Version : Cursed Bag of Holding. (PEACH)

Samuel Sturm
2009-04-03, 10:55 PM
Schrodinger's Cursed Bag of Holding.

Stuff that is in the bag only has a 50-50 chance per item of actually being there when you open the bag.

Perhaps you could have some fun with items accidentally left by previous owners?

(First homebrew, but I like it.)

Ent
2009-04-03, 11:16 PM

Stuff that is in the bag only has a 50-50 chance per item of actually being there when you open the bag.

Perhaps you could have some fun with items accidentally left by previous owners?

I like it too, as a DM. You might call it the Murderous Bag of PC Angst though; your players will h8 you to death.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-03, 11:20 PM
Or a 50/50 chance of it being dead. This also gives me an idea for a spell.

Schrodinger's Questionable Summoning I-VIII
As Summon monster of a level higher, but with a 50% chance of the summoned creature to be dead.

Jack_Simth
2009-04-03, 11:22 PM

Do items that vanish stay vanished (e.g., once the waveform collapses, they stay collapsed), or do they have the same chance the next time someone looks?

Ent
2009-04-03, 11:22 PM

As Summon monster of a level higher, but with a 50% chance of the summoned creature to be dead.

How about a 50/50 chance the summon monster is hostile to you and your allies?

Samuel Sturm
2009-04-03, 11:25 PM
Do items that vanish stay vanished (e.g., once the waveform collapses, they stay collapsed), or do they have the same chance the next time someone looks?

No, probably not. You probably wouldn't want to inspire that much player hate.

It'd work great in an evil campaign for getting rid of unsightly bodies though.

Lappy9000
2009-04-03, 11:38 PM
You know there already is a Bag of Devouring (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/cursedItems.htm#bagofDevouring), aye? Suped up version?

Samuel Sturm
2009-04-03, 11:41 PM
You know there already is a Bag of Devouring (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/cursedItems.htm#bagofDevouring), aye? Suped up version?

Yes, but I'm not talking about items permanently disappearing, so much as blinking on and off each time you open the bag.

Perhaps I was slightly confusing.

Icewalker
2009-04-03, 11:59 PM
Ah, so it would be 'every time you attempt to remove an item from the bag, there is a 50% chance that it cannot be found'? I suggest that if the chance fails, you get a different random item out of the bag. :smallwink:

Starscream
2009-04-04, 01:07 AM

Material components: A lump of radioactive metal and a vial of poison gas.

Pyrusticia
2009-04-04, 01:33 AM
Ah, so it would be 'every time you attempt to remove an item from the bag, there is a 50% chance that it cannot be found'? I suggest that if the chance fails, you get a different random item out of the bag. :smallwink:

I like it!

"You vampires will rue this day when you get a taste of my MACE OF DISRUPTION!!"

*pulls out a dead fish*

"Ummm....."

:smallbiggrin:

VelvetThunder
2009-04-04, 04:16 AM

Oh as a Necromancer that would be wonderful!

Pie Guy
2009-04-05, 07:42 PM

But is dead because of the spell, or is dead before then?

Jack_Simth
2009-04-05, 07:51 PM
But is dead because of the spell, or is dead before then?Does it matter?

Also, with a Summoning spell, you couldn't normally use the body - it vanishes at the end of the spell.

VelvetThunder
2009-04-06, 12:33 AM
Does it matter?

Also, with a Summoning spell, you couldn't normally use the body - it vanishes at the end of the spell.

I thought that you could use the bodies, but that they would still vanish at the end of the spell. So you could summon up some dead stuff, Turn it undead, and then use it for the rest of the duration. I know that's horribly inefficient, but Flavor wise... it'd be awesome!

lesser_minion
2009-04-06, 06:35 AM
Well, wouldn't a dead body be considered an object? I thought only creatures disappeared at the end of a summoning spell.

So necromancers would be laughing with that particular spell.

jcsw
2009-04-06, 06:48 AM
What if we were to combine this with Chicken Infested?