PDA

View Full Version : Devil May Cry 4 question - replaying missions

KIDS
2009-04-04, 07:38 AM
A very enjoyable game of endless and fun slaughter of demonic hordes, delicate combos, magnificent bosses and brilliant graphics, but sadly also boob-syndrome NPCs and "meh" dialogue.

For those who have played DMC 4 (or any previous incarnation where it worked the same way, if it did), how do you play the game as far as difficulties go?

I finished the game on Human difficulty and was intending to do it on Devil Hunter this time. After starting a new game and finishing the first mission, I noticed that this new game could in the same menu play missions (starting from 1st as normal) on human difficulty just as devil hunter. Nero in those missions starts out from scratch.

Conversely, the old game with all 20 Human missions completed also had the option to start Devil Hunter difficulty missions, from 1st onwards (it had it before too, but anyways). Nero in those missions starts with all accumulated items and skills from the entire human difficulty.

Is it intended to play on the higher difficulty level with your character from the lower difficulty level? The difference is staggering. The "old" Nero has about triple the amount of vitality, as well as almost all Red Rose skills. Because of increasing costs, he does still lack gun skills and most normal abilities including Air Hike and Enemy Step, but I was able to obliterate the 1st secret mission with a ton of time left and game overall is a breeze.

How powerful will Dante be when he appears with all skills from complete Human difficulty, plus all those from half-completed Devil Hunter difficulty? It seems a bit insane. In the long run, if Nero has all skills maxed, surely Son of Sparda mode is much easier?

When you played it, did you start higher difficulties from scratch, or did you "import" your old characters? And did you go back to "farm" previous levels for more skills? Did you get all of them or the inflation of skill/item costs prevented you from doing so?