PDA

View Full Version : [Domain] summoning domain

knightsaline
2006-08-26, 11:38 PM
the summoning domain is the result of someone asking for a domain that has all the SNA spells as the domain list.
here we go!
Summoning domain
Dieties: artemia (god/goddess in my homebrew)
gained power: free augment summoning feat, even if you don't qualify for it
Spells:
1: Summon natures ally 1
1: summon monster 1
2: summon natures ally 2
2: summon monster 2
3: summon natures ally 3
3: summon monster 3
4: summon natures ally 4
4: summon monster 4
5:summon natures ally 5
5: summon monster 5
6: summon natures ally 6
6: summon monster 6
7: summon natures ally 7
7: summon monster 7
8: summon natures ally 8
8: summon monster 8
9: summon natures ally 9
9: summon monster 9

yes, I do know that all it is is SNA and SM spells, I just want a cleric that summons a lot.

edit: removed the limitation, as its already there

Delcan
2006-08-26, 11:42 PM
Characters are already limited alignment-wise when it comes to summoning, as summon spells gain the (Alignment) descriptor of whatever they summon.

Other than that minor technicality, it's a bit plain, but still good. I'll have to make sure the cleric in my game never finds out about the idea. :)

I_Got_This_Name
2006-08-27, 01:22 AM
Most domains only have one spell each level. Other than that, this looks good.

Gyrfalcon
2006-08-27, 01:33 AM
Well, it's more Summon Monster I/Summon Nature's Ally 1, depending on whether you're a druid or a cleric I think.

NEO|Phyte
2006-08-27, 01:42 AM
Well, it's more Summon Monster I/Summon Nature's Ally 1, depending on whether you're a druid or a cleric I think.
druids dont get domains...

knightsaline
2006-08-27, 02:04 AM
druids dont get domains...

thats another topic i might address....or not. druids are already powerful enough with their wildshapes and their timeless bodies.

knightsaline
2006-08-27, 02:41 AM
Most domains only have one spell each level. Other than that, this looks good.

I really couldn't decide which one of these spells to use, so I used both. feel free to remove the SNAs or the SMs if you wish, just make sure the 5000 XP goes to me, not some god who doesn't need it.

Fizban
2006-08-27, 03:26 AM
There's a summoning domain in some book. It has summon moster at every level, except for planar allies and I think gate (summon only) at 9th.
As a side note: I've never liked the fact that nature's ally get's stronger creatues. The bonuses of the template's hardly matter in a fight IMO, and even the elementals are delayed. Why do druids get awesome spell list+wildshape+the best summons+spontaneous summoning?
[/rant]

Gyrfalcon
2006-08-27, 03:38 AM
That's true on the druids, I spaced on that. >_<