PDA

View Full Version : Fanservice Monster du Jour: Mewtwo [Creature]

Delcan
2006-08-26, 11:39 PM
(Complaints about the source of this particular fanservice can be deposited in the wastebin to your left. I think this creature is interesting enough to toy around with rules-wise. It's lots of power, it's emo-angst, and it's a freak of nature - what more could you ask for in a supervillain? :) )

"I wasn't born... I was created, and my creators have used and betrayed me. I stand alone!"

MEWTWO
Medium Aberration (Psionic)
HD: 14d8+42 (105 hp)
AC: 18 (-1 Dex +7 Int +2 natural) touch 16 flat-footed 11
Speed: 30 ft, fly 60 ft (perfect)
Initiative: +6
Base Attack/Grapple: +10/+15
Attack: Slam +15 melee (1d6+5 damage) or shadow ball +16 ranged (4d6 damage)
Full Attack: Two slams +15 melee (1d6+5 damage) and 1 tail attack +10 melee (1d8+5 damage) or shadow ball +16/+11 ranged (4d6 force damage)
Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
Special Attacks: Psionics, shadow ball
Special Qualities: Darkvision 120 feet, mind over matter
Saves: Fort +5 Ref +10 Will +16
Attributes: STR 7 DEX 8 CON 16 INT 25 WIS 24 CHA 15
Skills: Autohypnosis +24, Concentration +20, Intimidate +19, Knowledge (geography) +12, Knowledge (psionics) +24, Listen +24, Psicraft +24, Search +14, Sense Motive +24, Spot +24, Survival +12
Feats: Combat Manifestation, Empower Power, Maximize Power, Overchannel
Treasure: None
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 16
Level Advancement: By character class

Floating before you is a beast that might be best described as a white and purple cat, twisted and warped at strange angles into a vaguely humanoid shape. Two horns crowning its face give the appearance of ears; two necks seem to connect its head to the rest of its body, as if one spinal cord was not enough for this monster. Its spindly, sharp-angled arms give way to half-formed paws, while its legs and club tail are massive for its frame. Its eyes light the space around it in bright blue animosity.

Mewtwo is the creation of both criminal greed and scientific brilliance, seeking to give life to their vision of ultimate superiority in combat. He was not born, rather formed ex machina from the cells of a benign predecessor species and subsequently charged with a singular power of mind. Unfortunately for his creators, his first moments of self-awareness - of being created as slave to humanity, built to machine-like specifications for the benefit of others - filled him with a hatred unimaginable. His creators enjoyed but a scant few seconds of their success before their creation annihilated them (and their entire laboratory) in waves of a psionic killing rage.
Freed of collar and constraint, Mewtwo divides his time seeking out both isolation, and the deaths of those who would enslave him and others like him. He is a brutal and merciless psionic force, and few can match his unchecked power.

Mewtwo stands 6 1/2 feet tall, and weighs 250 pounds; his hide is a pale off-white, with a purple underbelly. He can speak telepathically to any creature within 1,000 feet that speaks a language.

COMBAT
Mewtwo prefers thoroughly unsubtle means of warfare, manifesting his most powerful abilities immediately and without hesitation from a high-flying vantage. He takes pains to gather the targets of his wrath in isolated places, in order to minimize the possibility of civilization learning of his existence.

Mind Over Matter (Ex): Mewtwo applies his Intelligence modifier to his Armor Class, attack and damage rolls, initiative, Reflex saves, grapple checks, and all other checks that add either his Strength or his Dexterity modifiers. He loses his Intelligence modifier to Armor Class whenever he is denied his Dexterity modifier as well.

Shadow Ball (Ps): As a standard action, Mewtwo can hurl a dark orb of his own vitriolic emotion given psychic strength. Treat this as a ranged attack with a 100 foot range increment. The orb deals 4d6 force damage with a successful attack (no Strength modifier), and has a critical range of 20/x2. If choosing a full attack option, Mewtwo can manifest as many of these as his base attack bonus would normally allow.

Powers: As 14th level psion kineticist; power save DCs 17 + level of power. Total power points 225. Mewtwo's aberration HD count as kineticist levels for the purpose of powers known, total power points, and level advancement in a character class.
Powers Known:
1st: control object, demoralize, force screen, inertial armor, offensive precognition
2nd: control air, energy missile, id insinuation, sustenance
3rd: body adjustment, body purification, psionic blast, telekinetic thrust
4th: control body, inertial barrier, psionic freedom of movement, telekinetic maneuver
5th: energy current, psionic true seeing, psychic crush
6th: mass cloud mind, null psionics field, psionic disintegrate
7th: energy wave, psionic phase door, ultrablast

Psychic Armor: Mewtwo is proficient with medium armor; he has on occasion been sighted in combat wearing a breastplate +2 which further catalyzes his psionics, increasing his manifester level by 1.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-26, 11:48 PM
That's....rather frighteningly accurate. Good job.

Name it something else, change its appearance slightly, and it can serve as a fine BBEG.

Winged One
2006-08-27, 12:03 AM

Name it something else, change its appearance slightly, and it can serve as a fine BBEG.
QFT. I could see a campaign featureing a superficially modified version of this, as well as some other intelligent creatures with simmilar origins(insert plug for my Aozo template here). Too bad that I can't DM worth crap...

Maerok
2006-08-27, 12:17 AM
Used to be a fan ::). Nothing was cooler than Mewtwo rocking that psychic battle armor.

Fizban
2006-08-27, 03:16 AM

Q again FT. I don't play anymore, but I still support the origins. You should do a few more of the classics. Then a pro-pokemon DM could throw a whole pokemon adventure at his anti-pokemon players. Irony is good.

Lord_Arkaine
2006-08-27, 03:21 AM
I need to dig up my rendition of pikachu...