PDA

View Full Version : Sailors on the Astral Sea (Group 2 IC)

Pages : [1] 2

NecroRebel
2009-04-04, 02:10 PM
You have waited a long time for this day. Countless foes have stood before you, and all have fallen. Demon, Devil, Undead, Fey, Mortal, Elemental, Immortal… It has never mattered. They would have harmed you, harmed those you have chosen to protect, and for that, they perished.

Now, with the greatest villains of the mortal realms laid low, you have turned your eyes to the higher planes. Your reasons are myriad, but the choice remains: to accomplish your goals, you now seek true divinity, either for yourself or for a friend. To this end, you have gone to the city of Hestavar, floating in the great mists of the Astral Sea. Some of you have traveled by portal from one of the greatest temples of the world, while others have swam in the Sea itself. The path that was taken is of little consequence now, for you have arrived.

You were amazed to view the Bright City from the shores of the Astral Sea, its glittering isles stretching high overhead, seeming as far away as the stars but as near at hand as the ground beneath your feet, and you simply stared for a moment before becoming aware of the Angel who stood nearby, gazing at you. She spoke, saying that her Great Lady Ioun expected your presence, and directed you to join her. She lead you to a great, silvery-blue disk of pure magical power, and together you rose rapidly through the clouds of pure light, far, far above, to the Swan Tower, Kerith-Ald.

Your guide brought you before the Goddess herself, where you were joined by other supplicants and seekers. The Lady of Knowledge spoke to you and asked why you have come. Your companions spoke of many journeys that had passed, and all spoke of a goal akin to your own. She seemed pleased, and spoke of a way that you could join her in the pantheon of true Gods: seek out the realm of doomed Amoth and rekindle the Darkened Pillars, and the throne of the dead God would be yours.

However, she said, even she does not truly know the method to rekindle the Pillars. This is a secret that has long eluded her followers. In truth, she is not even certain where it could be found. It may be, she said, that it is within the corrupted passages of the Hells, or lost in the forsaken deserts of Shom. It may be that her enemy, Vecna, the God of Secrets, keeps it in his own library in the palatial temple hidden in the winds of Pandemonium. It may even be forgotten, not secret but simply unrecognized, within the Gloaminghold, Corellon’s follower Duskmoon’s retreat. The Goddess does insist that the method exists, though, and asks that you and the others, as the few worthy ones, sail the Astral Sea to learn what it is, and, in the end, to join the pantheon as the newest God, pushing back the forces of ignorance and darkness for ever more.

Vox Clamantis
2009-04-04, 04:07 PM
Kuekemon

The spirits know everything.

Many months ago a change came over the countless spirits of my forest. They like to wander, always wander aimlessly among the trees and meadows and rocks. One day they stopped wandering, and I awoke with a million spirits gathered around me, staring. I could not understand why, and they would not answer.

Now I know.

A savage gnoll, covered in only a few scraps of cloth, stands unbowed by the glory of the goddess. It is not disrespect. It is not pride. Obeisance is not something one learns in the wild.

For all his threadbare attire, there is nothing humble or ordinary about this mortal. Despite the slightest hint of white about his muzzle and the wiry musculature of a body that borders on gaunt, there is an ageless vigor in his motions and look in his eyes like that of a canny old wolf. From the tip of his nose to the end of his tail, everything about Kuekemon screams to the subconscious: predator.

Nahal
2009-04-04, 05:36 PM
Korgan

The sorceror's normally inflated ego seems to be kept in check in the presence of Ioun, though the air about him still carries the aura of barely-contained power that has by now become familiar to the group. His bald head is freshly shaved, and his gear appears to be tailored for style as much as comfort. While other humans might call him handsome, his force of personality is far more potent than his appearance.

What comes next? he thinks to himself. This has all been one string of crazy events, and now I'm here in front of a goddess telling me to go find some ritual that make someone into a deity? We just sail off into the Astral Sea, search randomly for some long-forgotten magic and then one of us is an insta-god? Bah. One of these guys can have that responsibility. Could be fun though.

He then speaks to Ioun, taking care to be as diplomatic as possible.

This sounds like quite the quest, and one that offers much even to those not seeking divine ascension. One question though, if I may. Will we be relying upon our own magics to travel the Astral Sea, or is there a decent shipwright nearby where we can pick up a skiff or some other vessel?

Sinenomine
2009-04-04, 05:59 PM
Rotgob

The warforged is a towering mass of steel, his body and armor decorated with red and blue tribal paintings give him a feral look. He stand fierce, since orks never taugh him to bow, and his eyes dart around the room, trying to evalutate both his new companions and the Goddes.

Kueke' told me there'z gonna be good scrappin' around, so Rotgob's in! And - pointing at the manticore resting next to him - SpikyChukka is too, or me gonna beet its lil' lazy ass!

Saying that, Rotgob throws a piece of meat at the resting monster, who carch it on the fly and starts devouring it with pleasure.

The Bushranger
2009-04-04, 09:36 PM
Patrick O'Connell

White-haired despite barely being into middle age, Patrick stands ramrod-straight, hands tucked behind his back, head tilted slightly in a gesture of respect torwards Ioun. His leather armour fits him tightly, yet not too tight, marks here and there showing where it had been repaired after this battle and that.

His eyes show a hint of weariness - that he has seen too many battles, that he has seen too many friends fall, and that he knows he will be seeing more of both before his quest has ended.

I shall be happy to assist in whatever small way I can, milady, he says simply, bowing slightly.

Awesomologist
2009-04-05, 01:11 AM
Mathas

Mathas found the warmth of Hestavar quite comforting, especially after his recent stay in Letherna. It was almost shocking at first, although the deva showed no outward sign of it. The smell of life permeated throughout the city, where it not for the audience with Ioun Mathas would have taken time to know the city and explore some more.

Kerith-Ald was certainly a sight to behold. Mathas looked up at the spires of the Swan Tower, Ioun's seat, and marveled in its presence. His grey hood slipped off his head exposing his shoulder length white hair, tied back with a black ribbon. He let his hood stay down, but took the opportunity to adjust the carved onyx raven's heads that made the clasps of his cloak. In the audience chamber Mathas remained on one knee while he listened to Ioun's instructions. The Raven Queen told him only that Ioun required his services in accompanying a group of others in her service.

Aid the ones to become gods. Punish the enemies of my patrons. That is the path fate has set before me.

Mathas nods his head in agreement when the bald human asks for the means of transportation this fellowship would have when traversing the Astral Sea. When given a moment to speak to the goddess, Mathas bows his head, "Great Ioun, knower of all, where do you suggest we begin our journey?"

opheliagonemad
2009-04-05, 05:57 PM
Allyshandriya Talinea
Allys had prepared for her audience with the Lady of Knowledge carefully, taking care to have her vestments clean and her straight gold hair brushed smooth. She had set aside her Eladrin-crafted chain armor and longsword aside as a sign of respect and peaceful intentions, wearing only her silver holy symbol of Avandra over the soft green tunic and split skirts that had been tailored carefully to fit her slight frame. Bowing deeply in the manner that had been taught to her as a temple acolyte, Allys spoke, softly
"Great Ioun, you and my lady Avandra have been allies on numerous occasions, joining together for the protection of knowledge and freedom, so that both may flourish. I, too, will gladly assist."

NecroRebel
2009-04-06, 06:32 PM
The Goddess speaks softly, with an air of subtle confusion. Most lesser men would probably have dismissed it as their imagination, but you can see through her to some small degree to know that she, amazingly, does not truly know. "I do not believe that that which you seek is within the sands of Shom," she says, "for the men who once lived in that place were my servants and I do not think that they would hide such a thing from me. I also doubt that it is within Vecna's ability to hold such a thing without using it. He would probably give it to one of his servants to use, hoping to bind the new god to his service and take its power for himself. That he has not done this suggests that either he knows no way to bind even a newborn god or that he does not have the method to grant ascension."

That said, Ioun seems to relax somewhat as the topic moves to something she knows better. "I have taken the liberty of arranging transport for you. At the docks of Hestavar, my servants have a specially enchanted skiff prepared for you. It will serve you well on your journeys ahead, for it is not as fragile as lesser vessels and will be able to be with you, even far from the Sea itself."

Awesomologist
2009-04-06, 06:53 PM
Mathas

Hmmmm... No mention of the Gloaminghold. Ioun is wise, but not too giving. Mathas can't help but to smile to himself, She must be on good terms with Queen of Winter...

Keeping his head low, Mathas addresses Ioun once again, "Great and Wise Ioun, I will serve you in this most noble of tasks. I ask but one more question," Mathas looks up and around at his would be companions, "Who amongst these you have gathered here today in the Swan Tower is the chosen to ascend?"

Nahal
2009-04-07, 03:07 PM
Korgan

Necro: If you're planning on having Ioun answer, then just post and I'll remove the following comment

Does it matter? Korgan asks Mathas. If we are to explore as much of the Astral Sea as it sounds like we'll be doing, odds are that we'll have to build our strength up to a near-divine level just to survive the search. Besides, it's sort of a moot point until we have the ritual anyway. Why not just deal with it then?

The Bushranger
2009-04-07, 03:27 PM
Patrick

Such hubris, Patrick thinks in regard to Mathias' question. What will be, will be.

We thank you, milady, both for the information and the use of your skiff. We hope to be successful in all respects in this quest that you have given us. He bows respectfully.

NecroRebel
2009-04-07, 04:10 PM
Ioun smiles sadly. "What will be, will be. It matters little to us who among you joins us, nor do we have the power to choose for you."

If you are ready to take your leave, the goddess bids you good fortune on your quest. The walk down through the city is a peaceful one. Markets, scattered throughout Hestavar, provide access to any materials one could possibly seek, and any shopping you wish to do is easily accomplished within an hour of leaving Ioun's presence. It is not long before you reach the water's shores and, beyond, the silver mists of the Astral Sea.

Upon arrival at the docks, the adventurers are greeted by another one of Ioun's angelic servants, who directs them to the ship the goddess had spoken of. It is enchanted with several different spells of travel and warding. One allows the navigator to detect Astral masses, color veils, and even the dreaded psychic storms far before actually meeting them, another improves the skiff's durability to the point where even the strongest foes would be hard-pressed to damage it, and another such that the captain may cause it and its cargo to shrink to the size of a toy and grow again with a thought.

The vessel is identical to the MotP Astral Skiff, except with the ability to detect things in the Astral Sea at a distance of ten miles and generally navigate more easily, and has resist 30 all. Also, it works as a Folding Astral Skiff except also holds nonliving matter when reduced in size so you don't have to unload it if you don't want to.

If you have anything to do in Hestavar, please tell me. Also, it would be good if you could decide on where you want to go for your first world/dungeon delve and tell me so I know where you're actually headed.

Also, if you don't care for some actual spoilers...I want to figure out what tactics you intend to use and what your characters are capable of so I can hopefully make challenging and entertaining combats. As a result, you're going to be ambushed by maruts while still in the Sea proper.

opheliagonemad
2009-04-07, 04:42 PM
Allys, having now donned her armor and longsword, makes a quick check of her pack, eager to be back to travelling.

Well, unless anyone has any business we ought to take care of here in Hestavar, I think we ought to be off. Where shall we go first?

Nahal
2009-04-07, 04:45 PM
Korgan

[roll0] to see how much Korgan can recall offhand about the planes

Addressing the group once they get onto the boat, Korgan asks Why don't we start with Arvandor? The Eladrin are certainly no strangers to magic, perhaps one of their ancient dead knows something.

Vox Clamantis
2009-04-07, 06:02 PM
Kuekemon

Having traveled only around his own lands and the Feywild, Kuekemon is at a loss how to navigate the Planes. Even ordinary boats are all but unknown in his inland domain. His pointed ears, always alert, twitch as he boards the ship.

For reasons known only to himself, Kuekemon prowls to the head of the ship and takes up position there like a bright eyed, feral figurehead, staring unblinkingly at the horizon.

opheliagonemad
2009-04-07, 06:14 PM
Allys

I have a Sextant of the Planes, which should help us in navigating the ship. I am certain that my eladrin ancestors in Arvandor may be willing to offer assistance if they can Allys says, boarding the ship.

Nahal
2009-04-07, 06:42 PM
Korgan

Alright then, says the sorceror, shall we get underway? Allys can be our navigator, then we need a pilot and three crew while someone gets to play figurehead and keep an eye out for whatever needs keeping an eye out for. Looks like the Gnoll has that last part covered, anybody flown one of these before?

Awesomologist
2009-04-07, 06:58 PM
Mathas

Mathas' golden eyes stare blankly at the bald human. Arrogance... Pride... Certainly he is not the one chosen to ascend. The deva looks away, giving the human no answer, and nods as Ioun reveals that she does not know herself who would attain godhood.
Mathas follows the others to the skiff, taking in the wonders of this bright city. Once aboard he joins gnoll at the bow of the ship, sitting cross legged with his blade across his lap, hands relaxed on his knees. Mathas looks up at the gnoll and takes the opportunity to introduce himself to one of his new companions, "This city is far more beautiful than I had expected. A pity we must leave it so soon. I am Mathas, servant of the Raven Queen. I hope you do not mind my presence here with you at the bow of the skiff, get of Yeenoghu. I find the presence of one of your kind most interesting."

Vox Clamantis
2009-04-07, 07:00 PM
Kuekemon

Turning to look steadily at his companion, Kuekemon tilts his head to one side in the manner of a curious canine. After a moment's staring, he looks forward again. He raises one claw and taps himself on the breast.

Kuekemon.

His eyes never leave the horizon, but he speaks loud enough to make it clear that he's talking to Mathas.

There are none like Kuekemon. The spirits tell him some others look like Kuekemon, but they're not like him.

Kuekemon likes to hunt alone...but sometimes a pack brings down bigger prey. Kuekemon is glad to have a pack on this hunt.

Having said his piece, Kuekemon falls forward to the deck and arches his back. His fur and skin pulse and shift for a moment; when they stop a 500 lb jackal is sitting on the foredeck, his eyes and ears forward.

In beast form, Kuekemon's Passive Perception is 38. :smallbiggrin:

I'm not sure whether he can talk in Beast Form.

Awesomologist
2009-04-07, 07:26 PM
Mathas

Mathas nods in understanding and watches as the gnoll shifts in shape with a look of studied appreciation. "A pack indeed can be most useful. I too however understand the allure of hunting alone Kuekemon. Sometimes a pack can be noisy." The deva offers a smile at the gnoll turned hyena before leaving him to help the others control the skiff.

The Bushranger
2009-04-07, 07:42 PM
Patrick

Obviously you enjoyed the hospitality we received last time we were in Arvandor, Pat observes dryly with a shake of his head. However I suppose there are far worse places we could start. And to answer your question, in all honesty when it comes to flying one of the things, I haven't a clue.

Nahal
2009-04-07, 07:51 PM
Korgan

What? Korgan cheerfully asks Pat, you mean you didn't have fun? Besides, given the choices we were presented with, the Elven afterlife seemed the least likely to kill us all on sight. As for the skiff, I guess I'll take the helm and hope I don't crash into anything. Doesn't much matter who pilots, but I'd rather be off than spend more time chatting about it. If no-one objects, Korgan will head to the helm and trust the rest of the group to do something logical.

Vox Clamantis
2009-04-07, 09:31 PM
Kuekemon

It occurred to me that you might want to use active checks.

Perception 1: [roll0]
Perception 2: [roll1]
Perception 3: [roll2]

Wow, terrible rolls.

opheliagonemad
2009-04-07, 09:36 PM
[roll0](+19 for arcana skill, +4 for sextant of the planes)
Allys pulls out her sextant of the planes and begins preparations to navigate the skiff to Arvandor.

Sinenomine
2009-04-08, 04:00 AM
Rotgob

Rotgob didn't' really appreciate the wonderful city, too chaotic (a bad kind of chaos), too many people and too little fighting going on for his tastes, so he embrace with joy the group's arrival at the skiff.

Flying on the deck with SpikyChukka he looks around, trying to decide how to pass time during the trip. Alchool or fungi intoxication is not an option for him, and doone in the party seems in the mood for a good fistfight, so he decide to volounteer for some scouting duty

Hei guyz, me think me can get a nize wiew from above, so gonna be flying 'round and see if zomeun is dumb enogh to attack uz.

Call me if ya need getting big loadz 'round.

Argh trying to do orchispeak is harder then i tought (for a non-native english speaker at least), i'm struggling to find a decent balance between flavour and readability.

The Bushranger
2009-04-08, 10:30 AM
Patrick

For varying definitions of 'fun', I suppose. Pat chuckles and shakes his head. I suppose you're right though, so many choices and so few that actually involve a good chance of remaining upright, breathing, and warm. He claps Korgan on the shoulder. You see to the helm, Fearless Leader, and I'll make sure nothing sneaks up on us from behind. Of course we'll probably be going so slow that they wouldn't have a chance to do anything before they were past us...

Grinning a bit, he heads for the stern to keep a lookout.

Perception: [roll0]

Nahal
2009-04-08, 12:05 PM
Korgan

The sorceror's reaction to Patrick's comment is only half-joking. Leader? Ye gods man, what fool would actually put me in charge? I may be walking fount of magic and devastatingly hansdome, but you don't want me deciding the fate of the universe. I'd propose some harebrained, ridiculous scheme and convince everyone to go along with it. Probably something involving copious amounts of wine, women, and displays of magical prowess.

opheliagonemad
2009-04-10, 12:35 AM
Allys
Well, with any luck, there will be smooth sailing, or at least as smooth as we can expect, until we reach Arvandor. I suspect we will have enough battles ahead of us after we go to the home of my fallen ancestors.

Vox Clamantis
2009-04-10, 01:14 AM
Kuekemon

Near the prow of the ship, there are now two jackals; one is Kuekemon, but the other is nearly identical, seated beside him on the deck yet strangely insubstantial. It seems to be whispering something in his ear...

...but he shakes his muzzle from side to side as if rejecting whatever he'd been told. Turning his head, he watches the others for a few long moments before returning to his vigil.

NecroRebel
2009-04-10, 10:48 PM
The angels and other spirits manning the docks help you to unload, then leave you to sail out of port on your own. The waters of the endless sea glitter and turn to mist as they fall endlessly over the edge of the dominion, but as your ship passes over the threshold it simply lifts gently off into the silver mists of the Astral Sea.

The beginning of the journey is mostly uneventful. You pass by a small and well-guarded temple of sorts, lashed together out of rubble that floats endlessly in the Sea. This temple, you know, contains a teleportation circle designed to allow Astral travelers to come directly to the Bright City when they have need, and is fortified so that no hostile force could use it to invade. This is not the only piece of flotsam in the Sea; the area around Hestavar is littered with chunks from the size of a pebble to the size of a small island. Many of the larger pieces have small farms growing food for visitors to the City upon them, while others have Seaside villas for the nobility.

As you near the edge of this rocky halo, several flashes appear momentarily around your ship and a thunderous voice booms out, demanding you halt. The voice is difficult to resist, even for the likes of you, but even if you can resist it, the ship you are riding upon cannot; it rapidly comes to a stop despite any efforts to make it move. (Ship is Immobilized)

Arrayed about you is a small party of strange, dark-skinned swordsmen in armor, standing on some of the larger boulders. One, the one who had shouted before, is huge, nearly twice the height of the others. All ripple with quiet power, as sonic force sheathes their bodies. They do not appear to be particularly friendly, though they are not yet moving to attack.

Mathas, Allys, PatrickThe creatures are all Maruts, while the larger one is a Concordant. All are resistant to thunder and have thunder attacks.

AllMore information about them is available with a Religion check, DC 25; those above are those who beat that on a passive check, though they can also roll for more information.

At this point, you can either roll initiative and simply go into combat, or attempt to parley with them. It is your choice.

The basic arrangement of the area is in the spoiler. The brown area is the Skiff, grey spaces are boulders, and white spaces are open astral mists. Note that due to the properties of the Astral Sea, you all gain a fly speed equal to half your walking speed and have the Hover property so you can stop in midair, but also have the Clumsy Flier property so you take -4 to attack rolls and all defenses while flying. If you already have a fly speed or gain one somehow via items or powers or somesuch, you just gain Hover and don't take the penalty.

Battle Map:http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/2043/sotasg2marutfightp1.png[roll0]

Nahal
2009-04-10, 11:11 PM
Korgan

Reaching into his pack and pulling out an innocuous-looking stone on a chain, Korgan appears to do little more than look at it for a moment as he faces towards the larger being. Hail, and well met! Korgan calls out to the party's leader. What brings you to our vessel? Stay your weapons, there's no need for bloodshed. I am Korgan, and we are but travelers seeking to be about our business.

Whipping out the Foe Stone and using it on the Concordant (costs 2 minor actions), then [roll0] in an attempt to be persuasive. It's too late here for serious dialogue-crafting, but hopefully the roll helps.

Korgan's words aren't elaborate, but it's almost as if his magic is strengthening Korgan's speech to make you want to believe what he's saying. As he goes to return the stone to his pack, he briefly passes his gaze over one of the swordsmen. Keeping his staff ready but his posture unthreatening, he awaits the Concordant's response.

Assuming we're not working round-by-round yet, I'll use the Foe Stone on one of the Blademasters before putting it away (another 2 minor actions)

Sinenomine
2009-04-11, 04:40 AM
Rotgob

Drawing his weapon and shield, Rotgob spurs his manticore to fly closer to the large immortal, studying the creature and preparing for battle

Ya! Get 'way from our path or we gonna stomp ya good!

Move action:
Move Spikichukka to P9-Q10
2x Minor action?
Draw weapon and shield

Notes:
My space is 2x2 (i'm riding a large creature)
My foestone (yep i got one too and Korgan just remembered it to me) actually replaces my left eye
I cannot find wich action drawing weapon-shields is in 4e, i got a minor and a standard left so i think those should suffice. If for some reason i still got a minor left, i'm using the foestone on the Concordant.

Vox Clamantis
2009-04-11, 04:40 AM
That was a very respectable Diplomacy result...

Kuekemon

Blurring back into humanoid form, Kuekemon focuses on the Concordant, hoping to determine his intentions.

Insight: [roll0]

Awesomologist
2009-04-11, 11:09 AM
Mathas

Letting the others take action in negotiations, Mathas draws his ebony fullblade and looks over the would be assailants with a calm gaze.

[roll0]
[roll1]

NecroRebel
2009-04-11, 10:32 PM
The leader of the immortals surrounding you seems to be shouting, even though it is speaking normally. It doesn't seem to willing to speak at a volume that doesn't shake everything as it booms out, "We care little for what your purpose is. The ports have been speaking of that vessel you ride for weeks and how it has been enchanted. You will give it to us, or you shall die." While they seem to be threatening you and are probably ready to try to carry out those threats if their demands aren't met, they do not yet attack. This is probably posturing, attempting to intimidate you into giving up your ship without a fight.

Foestone:None of the Maruts have any weaknesses, and both's lowest defense is Reflex.

Mathas:All of the creatures are Maruts. The bigger one is a Marut Concordant, not a different kind of creature, so all of the information on the Maruts applies to it, too.

As was mentioned, they are resistant to thunder and have attacks that deal thunder damage. They are also immune to sleep. The swordsmen are fairly mundane otherwise, though they can sometimes strike twice quickly, while the concordant is magically-adept, capable of hindering enemies' ability to move.

Sinenomine:
PHB, p.289. Standard action to ready a shield, minor to draw an item or weapon.

Vox Clamantis
2009-04-11, 11:09 PM
Kuekemon

Stepping close to Korgan (the latter gets a sudden whiff of pine, dirt, and fresh blood), Kuekemon speaks so that only he can hear.

Tell them Ioun sent us.

Then, loudly enough to be heard by the rest of the group but not the Maruts;

Clear our flanks first.

Meanwhile:
He'll ready an action to throw a Storm Spike at Blademaster 3 if things go sour.

Nahal
2009-04-12, 08:11 AM
Korgan

Hearing Kuekemon's advice, the sorceror feels it can't make things any worse at this point. Carefully stepping down from the helm, he speaks once more. Ioun herself has given us a task to complete, and this vessel is meant to carry us to our destination in order to fulfill it. Do you really think that stealing from the goddess of Knowledge is wise? Do you really think there will be no consequences? Gracefully stepping down from the helm into the center of the boat, Korgan readies his staff. Go find easier prey. You'll not survive attacking us.

[roll0], for funsies. Korgan shifts 1 square SW, but won't fire until the others have time to reposition themselves or one of the Maruts moves. Note that his AC and Reflex get boosted by 1 (to 31 and 33 respectively) as a result of the shift.
Edit: Ye gods, that was brutal. Funny how the poorly-roleplayed diplomacy check gets a great roll, and the well-roleplayed intimidate check gets a nat 2.

Sinenomine
2009-04-12, 11:42 AM
Rotgob

'Nough of thiz! Ya speak of pillaging uz, but ya still got to stomp uz!
Time of chit-chat is done! Now comes time for smashing ya good!

Swinging his hammer in the air, Rotgob charges the enemies, trying to give momentum to his next blow.

Came on guyz! Scream with me!

WAAAAGHH!!

Sorry for killing your odds of talking us out of this, but Rotgob is not exactly for "give pace a chance".

I refrained from taking any actual action since i don't know how Necro wants to handle the initiative flow, so:
Initiative roll: [roll0]

Vox Clamantis
2009-04-12, 03:06 PM
LMAO, nice natural 20 on the initiative. :smalltongue:

Kuekemon

Without hesitation, the feral gnoll steps forward and hurls the streak of lightning that had been culturing in his hand as though it were a javelin.

Readied: Storm Spike at Blademaster 3
Attack: [roll0] vs Reflex
Hit: [roll1] lightning damage and the target takes another 8 if he doesn't move at least two squares on its next turn.

And I forgot to roll Initiative, so I'll do that in the OOC thread.

NecroRebel
2009-04-12, 03:23 PM
I'm still missing initiative for Allys and Patrick, though since they're likely to go after Kuekemon and Rotgob and before the Maruts it probably won't matter.

Also, since they're just as ready for battle as you, you don't get a surprise round, though at the moment they're still going after all of you, so... yeah. They didn't roll too well for initiative.

As Rotgob roars out his battle cry, the creatures recoil for an instant, but almost as quickly are back to battle stances. "Take them, quickly!" their leader shouts, rattling the stones and ship, "The god-ship will be ours!"

Battle is joined.

I'll post an initiative order once everyone's rolled. You can probably go ahead and post your first round actions before then, if you'd like, since the initiative order is more for knowing what order I should do your actions in rather than what order you need to post in.

Battle Map:
I think this map includes all of your last-minute repositionings, so it should be accurate.http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2043/sotasg2marutfightp1.png

Nahal
2009-04-12, 03:24 PM
Korgan

Seeing the battle get underway, Korgan sweeps his staff in a broad arc. Rippling blasts of air streak towards the closest Maruts, and those that are hit are tossed about the battlefield like rag dolls. Concentrate your attacks! Korgan shouts. Bring them down one at a time, to reduce the number of blades we have to contend with! Disable others if you can.

My position should be K17, no? Unless you want that shift during my previous it of dialogue to be my move action for the first round.

Casting Thunder Summons on B1, B4, and B3. Will swap attack rolls as needed for tactics. Necro, since it's a ranged attack and not an area I've done damage rolls for each bolt and will treat them as a set when swapping attack rolls via Sorcerous Flux. Let me know if you want it done another way.
All attacks are vs reflex, and up to 15 points of thunder resistance are ignored.
[roll0], [roll1] thunder damage.
[roll2], [roll3] thunder damage.
[roll4], [roll5] thunder damage.
I'll assign the miss to B4. Ye gods, those are weak damage rolls.

B1 gets put at K7, and B3 is brought on deck NE of Kuekemon (J17). Korgan shifts to L17 as his move.

Either way, my minor will be to activate my Stoneskin Robes, granting 10 temporary HP's.

The objective here is to move one of the flankers out of striking range while bringing another one in for curb-stomping.

Sinenomine
2009-04-12, 05:43 PM
Rotgob

The feral warforged charges the gigantic constuct, trying to immobilize him in place

YA! Met my steel friend!

Move action:
Fly to O4-P5
Minor action:
Use foestone on the Concordant
Standard action:
Pinning smash on the Concordant

Pinning smash, hit: [roll0] vs AC
Pinning smash, dam: [roll1]
Pinning smash, crit: [roll2]
On a hit: Gain 11 temp. HP
On a hit: the concordant is immobilized untill i'm no longer adjacent to it
On a miss: the power is not expended

Awesomologist
2009-04-12, 07:27 PM
Mathas

With the sound of thunder crackling over the deck of the skiff, Mathas turns to face the nearest Marut Blademaster.
"The Raven Queen calls for your soul, marut!"
Mark BL3 as my Oath of Enmity. At-Will Free Action from Radiant Fullblade, All damage dealt by this weapon is radiant damage.
Mathas's ebony blade is consumed by bright light as he speaks. The deva moves forward and brings his heavy blade down upon the immortal creature.

Move Action next to where ever BL3 is on the boat.
Light of the Avenging Sun, Standard Action - [roll0] and [roll1], Use the better of the two. [roll2] If the attack hits: target takes a -4 penalty to attack rolls against Mathas until the end of Mathas' next turn.

After bringing his sword down up the Marut, Mathas sneers, "I intend to collect on your soul immortal!"

Free Action if the attack hits: Immortal Curse

The Bushranger
2009-04-13, 12:41 AM
Patrick

You have chosen the wrong ship to board, the warlock finally speaks as he produces his wand. I hope that whatever diety you worship is feeling merciful torwards you, because I am not.

Casting Curse of the Black Frost on B4.
Damage: [roll1] Cold

Effect: If the target moves for any reasion, it takes 1d8 cold damage (save endds). If the target saves, you cannot sustain this power.
Sustain Minor: The target takes 2d8 cold damage.

opheliagonemad
2009-04-13, 12:41 PM
Allys
If you will not allow us to proceed peacefully, then we must carve out our own path. Allys focuses on her holy symbol of Avandra and prepares to send a burst of blindingly bright light on the Blademaster nearest her.

Sorry ya'll, just got back from the convention and didn't have reliable net access there; combat started after my quick Friday post. Initiative [roll0]. Searing light on B3 [roll1] vs reflex, damage [roll2] radiant; blinded until end of my next turn if hit.

NecroRebel
2009-04-13, 03:55 PM
Rotgob's charge, Allys's light, and Patrick's frost all spatter harmlessly off the stones floating in the mists as their opponents display startling agility. Still, all is not lost; Korgan's magic and Mathas's shining sword both meet flesh, wounding the immortal pirates. However, even as the damage is done it begins to be sealed again as the Maruts absorb the matter of the Astral Sea.

Despite being disoriented, those things that Korgan had forcibly teleported around the battle are quick to recover. One of them moves with the other Marut that he found on the rock he was warped to to assault the warforged warrior, both striking with speed unexpected from people so large. The one that had found himself on the deck of the Skiff itself seems eager to be there, laying about himself with his blade at both Kuekemon and Korgan.

Even as more foes begin to mob Rotgob, the swordsman that was already against him attacks, covering its leader, who rapidly disperses into black-gold fog, whips away from its assailant, and reforms holding dozens of silvery chains. These, it throws towards the Skiff with a shout, seemingly shattering them into countless pieces which try to wrap themselves about those sailors who are upon the ship and lay them low.

It is now Kuekemon's turn.

Enemy Actions:Blademaster 1 teleports to O3 and uses his double attack against Rotgob and his mount.

[roll0]
[roll1] normal + [roll2] Thunder, push 1, and mark until end next turn
[roll3]
[roll4] normal + [roll5] Thunder, push 1, and mark until end next turn.

Blademaster 2 uses his double attack against Rotgob and his mount.

[roll6]
[roll7] normal + [roll8] Thunder, push 1, and mark until end next turn
[roll9]
[roll10] normal + [roll11] Thunder, push 1, and mark until end next turn.

Blademaster 3 shifts to K17 and uses his double attack against Kuekemon and Korgan.

[roll12]
[roll13] normal + [roll14] Thunder, push 1, and mark until end next turn
[roll15]
[roll16] normal + [roll17] Thunder, push 1, and mark until end next turn.

Blademaster 4 teleports to O6 and uses his double attack against Rotgob and his mount.

[roll18]
[roll19] normal + [roll20] Thunder, push 1, and mark until end next turn
[roll21]
[roll22] normal + [roll23] Thunder, push 1, and mark until end next turn.

Concordant teleports to L2-M3, uses Fortune's Chains at K16 (area burst 5; hits every party member on the skiff basically), and uses Dictum on Rotgob's mount.

All attacks vs. Will and include the penalty for being marked by Rotgob.

[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]

[roll29] and the target is dazed (save ends)

[roll30]
Hit immobilizes (save ends)

Recharge rolls (I do these at the end of monster turns so I know what's recharged nex turn)

[roll31]
[roll32]
[roll33]
[roll34]
[roll35]

Battle Status:Initiative Order:
Rotgob
Allys
Korgan
Patrick
Mathas
Maruts
Kuekemon

Enemy Status:Blademaster 3 is at -4 to hit Mathas and under Mathas's Immortal Curse.
Concordant is marked by Rotgob.

Battle Map:http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/2043/sotasg2marutfightp1.png

The Bushranger
2009-04-13, 04:05 PM
Save: [roll0]
More to come later.

Nahal
2009-04-13, 04:39 PM
Korgan

Taking a free action here, will do my full turn once I'm up. Korgan takes a grand total of 2 damage: the concordant misses, the Marut hits but 10 damage gets eaten by his temporary HP and the thunder damage is resisted.

Momentarily surprised that he doesn't fall to his doom after being pushed off the skiff, Korgan is somewhat perturbed to notice that his defenses weren't entirely sufficient to negate the Marut's strike. The Concordant's attack fails to take hold, though Korgan notices the effect it has on some of his companions. Seeing Rotgob outnumbered, he shouts Get back here! Help us bring down this one, before those others do the same to you!

Sinenomine
2009-04-13, 05:15 PM
Rotgob

Enemy's action results:
Manticore is hit three times, for a grand total of 3 damage
On the first hit on the manticore Rotgob reacts activating Mountain's roots, nagating the push and becoming immune to forced movement untill the stance ends.
Manticore is immobilized, still in O4-P5

Rotgob is hit twice, for a grand total of 20 damage
On the first hit against him him Rotgob reacts with Unbreakable, reducing damage by 13
After the first hit Rotgob gains 11 temp. HP from battlerager's vigor
After the second hit Rotgob gains 11 temp. HP from battlerager's vigor

Rotgob 166/186 + 11T
Manticore 207/210

Awesomologist
2009-04-13, 05:33 PM
Mathas is missed by the Concordant's Attack! Thanks Rotgob!

opheliagonemad
2009-04-13, 05:44 PM
Allys
The concordant's attack misses Allys
Allys manages to avoid the silvery chains thrown by the concordant and looks quickly to assess which of her allies might have been hit.

Vox Clamantis
2009-04-13, 06:54 PM
Kuekemon
HP: 123/159 Surges: 13
AC: 34 Fort: 34 Refl: 32 Will: 37
Dazed

Thoughts jumbled by the pirate's mental assault, Kuekemon reacts to the more immediate threat of the closer Marut that took a swing at him. As he raises his hands his claws seem to close around a spectral horn that glows brighter by the moment. Puffing out his lungs, he blows deeply; the call is long and pure, a summons to the hunt and nearly unbearable to hear at such close quarters. Nevertheless, there is something irresistibly compelling about the primitive bloodlust that suffuses the sound.

Since he's dazed, Kuekemon only gets one action:

Standard: Horns of the Undefeated Khan at Bladethinger 3
Hit: [roll1] damage
Miss: half damage
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, allies gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls and a +5 bonus to damage rolls against the target. As a free action before your next turn, each ally within 20 squares of the target can make a saving throw and shift 3 squares as the first action of his or her turn.

Sinenomine
2009-04-14, 06:49 AM
Rotgob
HP: 166/186 + 11T - Stance: Mountain's roots

Barely scratched from the Marut's assaults, Rotgob taunts the creatures, swinging his hammer in a big circle of pain.

Is that all ya got?
Get here and fight!

Actions:
Beginning of round:
Manticore save: [roll0]

Standard action:
Come ang get it!, pulling the concordant in M3-N4
Concordant, hit: [roll1] vs AC
Blademaster 1, hit: [roll2] vs AC
Blademaster 2, hit: [roll3] vs AC
Blademaster 4, hit: [roll4] vs AC
Damage: [roll5]
Critical damage: [roll6]
Every target is marked

End of round:
Manticore save: [roll7]

The Bushranger
2009-04-14, 09:25 AM
Patrick

His mind spinning a bit from the enemy's assault, Patrick decides to focus his attention on the nearest target.

Eldritch Blast on Blademaster 3.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Awesomologist
2009-04-14, 10:42 AM
Mathas

Hastened by gnoll's power, Mathas slips closer to the blademaster. Using the confusion of battle, the deva uses the power contained in his belt to make the blademaster think Mathas is in two places at once while Mathas moves to flank and strike at his opponent while placing himself between the Marut and Allys.

Free Action: Shift to J17
Minor Action: Baldric of Tactical Positioning - K16 counts as flanking ally
Move Action: Shift to K18
Standard Action: Bond of Retribution against BL3
[roll0]
[roll1]
(Rolls include +2 from Kuekemon and +2 from flanking; Use highest roll)
[roll2] (includes +5 from Kuekemon and +4 from Radiant Weapon)
Effect on Hit: The first time an enemy other than the target hits or misses Mathas before the end of my next turn, the Marut takes 6 Radiant damage.

Nahal
2009-04-14, 10:44 AM
Korgan

Korgan, Human Sorceror, Wild Mage, Archmage
Init +19 HP 134/136 Bloodied 68 Healing Surge 34 (0 used /11)
AC 31 Fort 32 Reflex 33 Will 37 Speed 7

Resist 15 Thunder

Taking advantage of the opening created by Kuekemon's attack, Korgan moves to the rear of the skiff to get his feet on more solid ground (and some distance between him and the Marut). As Korgan raises his staff, violet runes blaze around his head. Eat this! shouts the sorceror. A moment later, a halo of crackling purple energy briefly appears around the head of the blademaster.

The attack proves more effective than even Korgan was expecting, as the Marut spasms violently in an apparent effort to break its own back. The human smiles as he shifts his position. You liked that, didn't you? he taunts.

Shifting 3 squares to L20 as a result of Kuekemon's attack.
Standard: [roll0] vs Will, [roll1]. If the attack hits, the Marut takes -2 to its next attack roll.
Move: Shift to K20
Minor: Discard

Edit: Crit! Will roll the bonus dice OOC, and the base damage becomes 52. With the bonus, that bring our total to 97 psychic damage from an at-will power. Oh, and the Marut takes -2 to its next attack :smallbiggrin:

opheliagonemad
2009-04-14, 11:15 AM
Allys

Concentrating on her holy symbol, Allys sends a burst of Sacred Flame at Blademaster 3. The warmth and light from the flame helps Kuekemon try to shake off the dazing effects of the Marut's attack. [roll0] vs reflex on B3; damage [roll1] radiant (bonus from Wis and implement (I keep forgetting to add Implement damage) and Kuekemon may make a saving throw.

NecroRebel
2009-04-14, 03:12 PM
Rotgob
On the first hit on the manticore Rotgob reacts activating Mountain's roots, nagating the push and becoming immune to forced movement untill the stance ends.
Manticore is immobilized, still in O4-P5

Technically that doesn't really help you as it just means your Manticore is pushed and you're not, but for the sake of not screwing you over and letting you actually use your combat style, I'm going to just make the Manticore's forced movement stopped by Mountain Roots too :smallbiggrin:

Despite the Astral chains binding him, body and spirit, Kuekemon leads Allys and Korgan in a fierce counterattack against the Marut swordsman in their midst. Although it narrowly avoids the first two attacks, it bends itself directly into the path of Korgan's magical assault. Contorting rapidly with a cry of pain, the Marut bends neatly in two backwards and, after a sickening crack, moves no more.

Meanwhile, Rotgob fearlessly taunts the remainder of the would-be pirates, managing to incite even their leader into coming to fight him. Although he only manages to lightly wound one of them, they do not seem to be paying much attention to the rest of the group.

It is now Patrick's turn, then Mathas's, then the enemy's. Please redo your actions, as your previously-stated attacks on Blademaster 3 are no longer valid.

Rotgob
Allys
Korgan
Patrick
Mathas
Maruts
Kuekemon

Enemy Status:Blademaster 1 is marked by Rotgob.
Blademaster 2 is marked by Rotgob.
Blademaster 3 is dead.
Blademaster 4 is marked by Rotgob.
Concordant is marked by Rotgob.

Battle Map:http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2043/sotasg2marutfightp1.png

The Bushranger
2009-04-14, 06:28 PM
Retarget to Blademaster Two...

Awesomologist
2009-04-14, 07:14 PM
Mathas

Seeing the Marut Blademaster fall Mathas moves forward, aided by the force of the Gnoll's previous attack. Keeping with the momentum, the Deva leaps forward onto the stone west of the skiff. From there he looks fiercely at the Concordant, "The Queen of Death demands that you kneel before her servant!"
A glow of radiant light envelops the Concordant, the light pulsating as if waiting for another command...

Free Action: Shift to I15. (I believe I still get my free shift from Kuekemon's prior attack.)
Move Action: Move and jump I10 [roll0]
Standard Action: Radiant Brilliance
[roll1] vs. Reflex
[roll2] radiant damage.
Effect: At the start of Mathas' next turn, the target is the center of a burst 5 radiant explosion that affects only Mathas' enemies: Wisdom vs. Will; 3d10 radiant damage; half damage on a miss.

NecroRebel
2009-04-15, 08:15 PM
Patrick's eldritch power strikes the nearest of the surviving Maruts, staggering it briefly, as Mathas jumps onto the nearby boulder and challenges the enemy leader. Suddenly, though, that same Marut appears upon the other boulder. It appears angry at the Avenger's demand and roars out a reply: "You kneel to me!

Enemy Actions:Blademasters 1 and 2 use their double attacks on Rotgob.

[roll0]
[roll1] normal + [roll2] thunder, push 1, and marked until the end of the Marut's next turn.
Edit: Critical hit; 21 damage + 6 thunder instead of rolled values
[roll3]
[roll4] normal + [roll5] thunder, push 1, and marked until the end of the Marut's next turn.
Edit: Critical hit; 21 damage + 6 thunder instead of rolled values
[roll6] (CA)
[roll7] normal + [roll8] thunder, push 1, and marked until the end of the Marut's next turn.
[roll9] (CA)
[roll10] normal + [roll11] thunder, push 1, and marked until the end of the Marut's next turn.

Blademaster 4 simply attacks Rotgob.

[roll12] (CA)
[roll13] normal + [roll14] thunder, push 1, and marked until the end of the Marut's next turn.

Concordant teleports to K7-L8, uses its Thunderous Edict, and uses Dictum on Rotgob's Manticore.

Thunderous Edict:
Close burst 10, +24 vs. Fortitude, attacks vs.:

[roll15]
[roll16] (This should read Manticore; I'm just a moron apparently :smallredface: )
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

[roll20] Thunder damage and push 4.
Damage if miss: Half, and no push
Edit: Due to critical on manticore, it takes 26 instead.

Dictum: [roll21]
If hit, Manticore is immobilized (save ends)

Recharge Rolls:
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]

Rotgob
Allys
Korgan
Patrick
Mathas
Maruts
Kuekemon

Blademaster 3 is dead.
Blademaster 4 is marked by Rotgob.
Concordant is marked by Rotgob and subject to Radiant Brilliance's effect

Battle Map:http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2043/sotasg2marutfightp1.png

Vox Clamantis
2009-04-15, 09:09 PM
Kuekemon
HP: 113/159 Surges: 13
AC: 34 Fort: 34 Refl: 32 Will: 37

Thunder rolls through the Astral mists as the wild gnoll lifts his staff overhead with both hands and joins his voice with the sudden howling of the wind. Across the battlefield, the body of the Concordant breaks and ripples as it fights to obey the command it hears in that roaring voice.

Standard: Baleful Polymorph @ Concordant
Attack: [roll0] vs Will
Hit: The target is stunned and assumes the form of a hare (save ends both).
Aftereffect: [roll1] damage
Miss: [roll2] damage, and the target is dazed (save ends).

TERRIBLE attack roll, but at least it does good control on a miss.

Sinenomine
2009-04-16, 12:04 PM
Rotgob
HP: 131/186 + 1T - Stance: Mountain's roots - DR 10

Rorgob shakes off the impressive blows of the Maruts with a twisted grin, continuing to insult them as he rains blow to every enemy in reach

A kiddo hits harder than ya guyz, what'z tha matter? Ya poppa didn't teach ya how to smash?

Then shouthing to his companions

Guyz! get tha big one! he keep fleeying like a wimpy girl!

Actions:
Standard action:
Inexorable advance, on BM1 ([roll0] vs AC) and BM2 ([roll1] vs AC)
Damage: [roll2]
Critical damage (19-20): [roll3]
Every target is marked, if at least 1 strike hits rotgob gains 11 temp. HP (staking with the 1 he got already)

Action point => Standard action:
Anvil of doom on BM4 ([roll4] vs AC)
Critical damage (19-20): [roll6]
The target is marked, on a hit the target is stunned untill the end of my next turn
Rotgob gains resist 10 to all damage untill the end of my next turn

End of round:
Manticore save: (immobilized x2) [roll7] [roll8]

opheliagonemad
2009-04-16, 12:41 PM
Allys
Allys moves to the edge of the skiff, calling down a great storm of fire centered on Blademaster 2. Rotgob! Some of us girls stand and fight with the best of them. Great Lady of Freedom, destroy your enemies and protect your servant and her allies. Gathering up a reserve of strength, Allys sends a burst of Sacred Flame down on the concordant while focusing positive energies on the dazed Pat.
Move to J13. Fire Storm, area burst 5 centered on N5, attack v. Reflex: B2: [roll0] B1: [roll1] B4: [roll2] Concordant [roll3]. Damage (fire) B1: [roll4] B2: [roll5] B4: [roll6] Concordant: [roll7]. Miss 1/2. Creates a zone of fire that deals 1d10+12 fire damage at the start of enemies' turns. Sustain minor. Action point. Sacred Flame, attack v. Reflex Concordant: [roll8] Damage, radiant, [roll9]. Pat may make a saving throw.
forgot to roll damage for starting in fire. That's in the OOC thread.

Nahal
2009-04-16, 01:00 PM
Korgan

Storming to the front of the skiff, Korgan shouts back You kneel or you fall, take your pick! Blazing runes surround the sorceror for a moment as Korgan unleashes a furious magical assault on the Concordant. The first blow comes from a bolt of energy that changes color rapidly in flight, only to be green on impact. Korgan's aim is off, resulting in a glancing blow. However, the attack still visibly sickens the creature.

The second attack proves more effective. The Marut suddenly reels as if from a staggering blow to the head, and appears even less in possession of its faculties than it was after Kuekemon's attack.

Will decide on my second attack depending on how this bit goes, will roll the mechanics for it in OOC then narrate here.

Move: K13, ensuring that Rotgob and the Concordant are both within range 10.
Standard: [roll0] vs reflex (includes +2 from Combat Advantage), [roll1], [roll2], [roll3]. Crud, wrong damage dice. Will do those in OOC too. Either way, the Concordant will take Poison damage and ongoing 15 poison (save ends)
Action Point: Extra Standard Action, [roll4]. Korgan gains +3 on the second attack, and all allies within 5 squares gain resist 10 Thunder till the end of the encounter.
Mind hammer hits, dealing 46 psychic damage and knocking the Concordant prone.
So anyway, when it's all said and done: Marut Concordant takes 82 total damage (36 poison/46 psychic), has 15 ongoing poison (save ends), is prone and cannot stand up until the end of my next turn, and takes -2 to his next attack roll.

The Bushranger
2009-04-16, 05:02 PM
Patrick

The white-haired warlock is staggered by the enemy leader's blast, but then straightens up with fire in his eyes.
I bow to no man. I live and die free!

Racing to the edge of his skiff, he levels his wand at the Concordat and angrily snaps out words of power.
Thgis ruoy epacse sdneirf ym lla, thgin tsekrad ni, yad tsethgirb ni!

Move: Move to K13
Free: Warlock's Curse on the Concordat
Standard: Mire the Mind on the Concordat
Attack vs Will [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] psychic damage, and you and all your allies in range are invisible to the target until the end of your next turn. You also gain a power bonus to Stealth checks of +3 until the end of the encounter
Action Point!
Extra Standard: Eldritch Blast at the Concordat.
Attack vs Ref: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

NecroRebel
2009-04-16, 05:44 PM
Your focused counterattack against the pirates' leader leaves it clutching the boulder it stood on, trying in vain to stand as it reels from the devastating wounds it has suffered.

It is now Mathas's turn.

Rotgob
Allys
Korgan
Patrick
Mathas
Maruts
Kuekemon

Blademaster 3 is dead.
Blademaster 4 is marked by Rotgob and stunned until the end of Rotgob's next turn.
Concordant is dazed, prone, cannot stand up until the end of Korgan's next turn, takes -2 to its next attack roll, taking 15 ongoing poison damage, under Patrick's Warlock's Curse, and at the end of Mathas's turn is subject to a secondary attack from Radiant Brialliance.

...Wow, that's a lot of status effects :smalltongue:

Battle Map:http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2043/sotasg2marutfightp1.png

Awesomologist
2009-04-17, 01:52 AM
Mathas
HP: 156/165 AC: 40 Fort: 29 Ref: 33 Will: 33
Resist 15 Necrotic, Resist 15 Radiant
+1 bonus to all defenses against bloodied creatures

In a sudden flash of light, the prone Concordant explodes with radiant energy which washes over all the Maruts. Mathas teleports in a blaze of fire across to the far stone where the sword bearing Maruts assail Rotgob. The deva grasps onto his holy symbol and utters a silent prayer as he appears and another explosion of radiant light envelops the Maruts.
Mathas grasps his sword and points it to the Blademaster by him, "Your soul shall be next to serve my Queen in death!"

Free Action: Radiant Brilliance, Burst 5 Centered on Concordant
[roll0] vs Will
[roll1] vs Will
[roll2] vs Will
[roll3] vs Will
[roll4], Half on miss

Free Action: Immortal Curse on Blademaster 1

Move Action: Fireburst Boots, Daily Item Power, Teleport 6 to N4

Standard Action: Solar Wrath
[roll5] vs Will
[roll6] vs Will
[roll7] vs Will
[roll8] vs Will
[roll9]

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on Blademaster 1

OOC: This is my second time trying to post this tonight. Server seems to be up and down...

NecroRebel
2009-04-17, 06:37 PM
As their leader reels from the sudden barrage of magical powers that assail him, the remainder of the pirates continue to do battle with the iron warrior in their midst.

Despite its wounds and the seemingly insurmountable force pushing it to the stone beneath it, the great Concordant does not hesitate to attack those on the Skiff, teleporting to directly ahead of Allys, Korgan, and Patrick. Though it cannot seem to do anything but flail wildly, it is still in the heroes' way if nothing else.

Enemy Actions:Blademaster 1 uses its double attack against Rotgob.

[roll0] No CA since BM4 is stunned.
[roll1] + [roll2] Thunder, push 1, and marks until end next turn.
[roll3] No CA since BM4 is stunned.
[roll4] + [roll5] Thunder, push 1, and marks until end next turn.

Blademaster 2 attacks Rotgob.

[roll6]
[roll7] + [roll8] Thunder, push 1, and marks until end next turn.

Blademaster 3 continues being a corpse.

Blademaster 4 is stunned.

Concordant teleports to J11-K12.

Saving Throws:
[roll9]
[roll10]

Recharge:
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

Rotgob
Allys
Korgan
Patrick
Mathas
Maruts
Kuekemon

Enemy Status:Blademaster 1 is marked by Rotgob, under Mathas's Immortal Curse, and under Mathas's Oath of Enmity..
Blademaster 3 is dead.
Blademaster 4 is marked by Rotgob and stunned until the end of Rotgob's next turn.
Concordant is dazed, prone, cannot stand up until the end of Korgan's next turn, takes -2 to its next attack roll, and under Patrick's Warlock's Curse.

Battle Map:http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2043/sotasg2marutfightp1.png

Vox Clamantis
2009-04-17, 09:54 PM
Kuekemon

There is a flash on the deck of the skiff, and where Kuekemon stood there is only a giant lynx, hackles raised. Bounding in a tight circle to build momentum, he springs at the Marut leader, all claws rending.

Move: I-16
Standard: Ferocious Charge using Pounce to I-13
Attack: [roll0] vs Refl
Hit: [roll1] damage and the target grants CA to the next attacker

+1 to hit from charging, +1 from Boar feat, +2 from CA
+2 damage from Boar feat, +2 from Tiger feat, +4 from Ferocious charge

Sinenomine
2009-04-18, 07:20 AM
Rotgob
HP: 123/186 + 11T - Stance: Mountain's roots

Despite the rain of blows, Rotgob stands almost unharmed, a fearl light in his eyes shining as he continues to maul his opponents

That's tha spirit! Smash him good!

Actions:
Standard action:
Boggling smash, on BM2 ([roll0] vs AC)
Critical damage (19-20): [roll2]
The target is marked, on a hit the target is dazed and takes a -2 penality to attack rolls untill the end of my next turn

End of round:
Manticore save: (immobilized) [roll3]

opheliagonemad
2009-04-18, 01:40 PM
Allys
Allys moves back slightly from the edge of the skiff and begins reciting passages from the teachings of Avandra in an attempt to enthrall the Blademasters.
May the Lady of Freedom guide us through the wilds. Her servants will spread freedom throughout the world
Shift back to J14. Attack using Enthrall centered at O-4. Area burst 3. Blade1: [roll0] Blade 2: [roll1] Blade4: [roll2]. Sustain Fire Storm as Minor. Damage (psychic): B1: [roll3] B2: [roll4] B4: [roll5]. Any enemies hit are immobilized and unable to make attacks against me until the end of my next turn. All three blademasters will take damage at the start of their turn due to being in the Fire Storm's zone effect. B1: [roll6] B2: [roll7] B4: [roll8].

Nahal
2009-04-18, 03:06 PM
Korgan

Taking a moment to admire the effects of Allys' firestorm, Korgan looks back at the Concordant and notices it continues to regenerate. Stop... healing! the sorceror shouts in an exasperated tone as he backs out of the creature's reach. Bloody regenerators... they don't know how to stay down.

Move: 2 squares NE to I15
Standard: [roll0] vs Reflex (I'm assuming I'm getting a +2 from CA, but if we're losing that to him being prone just revise the number down), [roll1]
Minor: Discarded
Edit: Eww. On the plus side, I've done close to 100 damage each of the past two rounds.

NecroRebel
2009-04-18, 06:18 PM
Allys and Korgan, startled by the Concordant daring to come attack them after the punishment they had inflicted, stagger backwards, their attacks going wide of their targets. Kuekemon's feline reflexes manage to get him through their confused stumbling without hinderance and even allow him to deal several shallow gashes into the giant's left side.

It is now Patrick's turn, then Mathas's.

Rotgob
Allys
Korgan
Patrick
Mathas
Maruts
Kuekemon

Enemy Status:Blademaster 1 is under Mathas's Immortal Curse and Oath of Enmity.
Blademaster 2 is marked by Rotgob, dazed until the end of Rotgob's next turn, and takes -2 to attacks until the end of Rotgob's next turn.
Blademaster 3 is dead.
Blademaster 4 is immobilized and cannot attack Allys until the end of her next turn.
Concordant is bloodied, dazed, prone, under Patrick's Warlock's Curse, takes -2 to its next attack roll, and all party members are invisible to it until the end of Patrick's next turn.

Battle Map:http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7739/sotasg2marutfightp1l.png

The Bushranger
2009-04-18, 08:23 PM
Gah, I forgot that after taking the action point there was +4 to attacks, which would have applied to that Eldritch Blast. Ah well.

Patrick

Ah, so you're finding things not quite to your liking, big guy? Pat taunts the Concordat before levling his wand at it once more. Rehtie sgniht ekil ton lliw sdneirf ruoy!

Standard: Use Will of the Feywild on the Concordat.
Attack vs Will: [roll0] (+2, Combat Advantage, probably still doesn't hit)
Psychic Damage: [roll1]
Warlock's Curse Damage: [roll2]
You can teleport the target 5 squares, whereupon it makes a melee basic attack against an adjacent creature of your choice.
Effect: The target is dazed until the end of its next turn.
On hit: Teleport the Concordat to N6 and have it attack Blademaster 2.
Move: Use Feystep Lacings to teleport to P9 (all charges used).
The Concordat takes 3 damage from Slashing Wake.

Patrick has Concealment until the end of his next turn.

Awesomologist
2009-04-18, 11:28 PM
Mathas

Mathas takes a sidelong step, shifting across the rocks to being his heavy blade down upon his oathsworn enemy.

Move Action: Shift to N3

Standard Action: Bond of Retribution
[roll0] vs. AC
[roll1] vs. AC
(Use Highest Roll)
[roll2]

EDIT: ACTION POINT
(Grrrrr.... Can't add a new set of rolls to the same post. See Below)

Awesomologist
2009-04-18, 11:34 PM
Mathas
Mathas

Redoubling his efforts, Mathas focuses in and attacks again.

Action Point

[roll0] vs. AC
[roll1] vs. AC
(Use Highest Roll)
[roll2]

NecroRebel
2009-04-21, 03:36 PM
Despite their best efforts, the heroes fail to wound the pirates any more than they already have, and look on helplessly as damage already inflicted begins to knit itself shut, the Maruts drawing off the stuff of their immortal origin to heal themselves.

As their leader finally rises to its full height once again, Rotgob is assailed yet again by two of the Marut swordsmen. However, the third, the one that Mathas has chosen to die, turns from the tin soldier to do battle with the deva, swirling about and striking him viciously.

Enemy Actions:Blademaster 1 shifts to O2 (not marked by Rotgob, so no Combat Challenge) and attacks Mathas.

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] Thunder, push 1, and marks until end next turn.

Blademaster 2 attacks Rotgob.

[roll3]
[roll4] + [roll5] Thunder, push 1, and marks until end next turn.
Critical hit; 21 damage + 6 thunder instead of rolled values

Blademaster 4 uses its double attack on Rotgob.

[roll6]
[roll7] + [roll8] Thunder, push 1, and marks until end next turn.
[roll9]
[roll10] + [roll11] Thunder, push 1, and marks until end next turn.

Concordant stands from being prone.

Saving Throws:
[roll12]

Recharge Rolls:
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

Rotgob
Allys
Korgan
Patrick
Mathas
Maruts
Kuekemon

Enemy Status:Blademaster 1 is under Mathas's Immortal Curse and Oath of Enmity.
Blademaster 2 is marked by Rotgob, dazed, and taking -2 to attack until the end of Rotgob's next turn.
Blademaster 3 is dead.
Blademaster 4 is immobilized and cannot attack Allys until the end of Allys's next turn.
Concordant is bloodied, dazed until the end of Patrick's next turn, takes -2 to its next attack roll, and is under Patrick's Warlock's Curse.

Battle Map:
I've put the new tokens in for those of you who gave them.http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/1249/sotasg2marutfightp1w.png

Vox Clamantis
2009-04-22, 02:58 PM
Kuekemon

Undismayed by the recuperative powers of the local criminal element, Kuekemon does what every hunting animal does when faced with tiring prey: goes in for the kill.

Minor: Feral Accuracy (reroll melee attacks)
Standard: Nature's Grave
Reroll: [roll1] vs Reflex
Hit: [roll2] damage
Miss: Half damage

Crit dice rolled in the OOC thread.

Action Point!

Blood Moon Action: Savage Rend (free melee basic w/ Action Point)
Attack: [roll3] vs Reflex
Reroll: [roll4] vs Reflex
Hit: [roll5] damage and the target grants CA to the next one of my allies to attack it

Standard: Blood Moon Frenzy
Attack: [roll6] vs Reflex
Reroll: [roll7] vs Reflex
Hit: [roll8] damage

NecroRebel
2009-04-22, 03:41 PM
As mentioned in the OOC thread, that series of attacks Kuekemon just did kills the Concordant, so please direct your attacks towards the Blademasters instead.

Nahal
2009-04-22, 04:22 PM
Korgan

Seeing the Gnoll eviscerate the already savaged Concordant, Korgan lets out a triumphant bellow. Well done! he shouts. See that, fool thieves? Korgan calls out to the surviving blademasters. You're next!

Repositioning himself closer to the fray, the sorceror aims his staff in the middle of the melee. A small storm of chaotic energy seems to coalesce around its tip, but it does not immediately fly towards the combatants. Instead Korgan seems to focus for a moment, and the swirling runes surrounding his body seem to move in a somewhat more predictable fashion. Satisfied, he lets the bolt of energy fly. Though Mathas and Rotgob are caught in the burst, they are somehow unharmed by its effects. The blademasters near Rotgob are not so lucky.

Move: To L13
Minor: Chaos Sanctuary, Rotgob's 4 squares and Mathas' one.
Standard: Tempest Surge, origin O5. Will roll assuming maximum burst size, then edit as needed. Mathas and Rotgob are not affected either way.
[roll0], [roll1], [roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
Edit: Will swap the rolls against B2 and B4. Since B2 grants combat advantage, I should be able to hit him after modifying the roll of 30 by +2.

opheliagonemad
2009-04-22, 11:58 PM
Allys
Allys focuses a lance of bright light towards Blademaster 1. Mathas, I will try to give you an advantage against this one.
Attack vs reflex [roll0] Damage (radiant) [roll1] Mathas gets +2 to his next attack on B1.

Sinenomine
2009-04-23, 09:50 AM
Rotgob
HP: 92/186 + 11T - Stance: Mountain's roots - Bloodied

Starting to feel the wear of battle, Rotgob swithes to a more conservative fighting style, continuing to mangle the blademasters.

Good job Guyz! Now come and stomp tha little onez!

Actions:
Standard action:
Crushing surge, on BM4 ([roll0] vs AC)
The target is marked, on a hit Rotgob gains 11 temp. HP (staking with the ones he currently have)

The Bushranger
2009-04-23, 10:23 AM
Patrick

Well done! Patrick calls to his companions before leveling his wand at Blademaster the Fourth.
Mood ruoy ot redael ruoy wollof!

Minor: Warlock's Curse on Blademaster Four.
Standard: Delusions of Loyalty on Blademaster Four.
Attack vs Will: [roll0]
On Hit: Hit: On its next turn, the target uses its standard action to make a basic attack against the last creature to attack you since your last turn. If no one attacked you since your last turn or the target is unable to attack, target loses its standard action.

Awesomologist
2009-04-23, 12:58 PM
Mathas

Deftly dodging the Marut's attack, Mathas's brilliant blade flashes with black tendrils of necrotic power as though the blade drew life from the deva in order to strike harder at the astral brigand.

Standard Action: Living Death Strike (Free Action: Loose a healing surge to increase damage to 4[W])
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] vs AC
(Use Highest roll, Add +2 if Allys' attack hits)
[roll2], On Miss: Half Damage

NecroRebel
2009-04-23, 08:51 PM
Sorry I didn't post earlier; it's apparently been a busy day on the forums and when the thread wasn't higher up than it was I assumed no one had posted.

Kuekemon dodges past the still-staggered Marut's attempts to ward him off and lays into it with a brutal series of claws and bites. While it does eventually manage to weakly push the druid off of it, the damage is done; the bleeding slows and stops even as the wounds fail to shut and the giant goes limp and silent.

The other immortals are beginning to be increasingly demoralized, their attacks less vicous and more desperate now. Despite their increased emphasis on defending themselves, the heroes' attacks still manage to narrowly slip through. Mathas in particular is successful, his foe's flesh withering as the Avenger's blade slides home.

Enemy Actions:Blademaster 1 attacks Mathas.

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] Thunder, push 1, and mark until end next turn

Blademaster 2 uses its Double Attack on Rotgob.

[roll3]
[roll4] + [roll5] Thunder, push 1, and mark until end next turn
[roll6]
[roll7] + [roll8] Thunder, push 1, and mark until end next turn

Blademaster 4 teleports to Q5.

Concordant dies.

Recharge:
[roll9]
[roll10]

Rotgob
Allys
Korgan
Patrick
Mathas
Maruts
Kuekemon

Enemy Status:Blademaster 1 is bloodied and under Mathas's Immortal Curse and Oath of Enmity.
Blademaster 2 is not under any status effects.
Blademaster 3 is dead.
Blademaster 4 is marked by Rotgob and under Patrick's Warlock's Curse.
Concordant is dead.

Battle Map:http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2043/sotasg2marutfightp1.png

Vox Clamantis
2009-04-23, 09:40 PM
Kuekemon

Muzzle flecked with the blood of the Concordant, Kuekemon leaps from rock to rock, blurring into his ordinary form in order to cast a blazing bolt of lightning at one of the remaining Maruts...

Move: to L-7, automatically making the check to jump those distances
Standard: Storm Spike @ BM1
Hit: [roll1] lightning damage, and the target takes 8 damage if it doesn't move at least 2 squares on its turn

Hah! More crit dice in the OOC thread! :smallbiggrin:

Nahal
2009-04-24, 01:58 AM
Korgan

Thoroughly absorbed into the battle, Korgan's cries become less eloquent. Suffer! he shouts at the Maruts, as purple runes surround the sorceror while he levels his staff at one of the remaining soldiers. A crackling purple halo appears around the head of the Marut north of Rotgob, and a moment later the creature spasms violently under the vicious mental assault. The energy arcs to the Marut Mathas has been dueling a moment later, and it fares considerably worse under the psychic attack.

Standard: [roll0], [roll1].
In case they're relevant: [roll2], [roll3],
And [roll4], [roll5]
Move: Shift NE to L14, Causing AC to increase to 31 and Reflex to 33
Minor: Discard
Edit: Re-Doing B2's damage and B1's crit damage in OOC. Both B1 and B2 take -2 to their next attack roll. That's 39 psychic to B2 and 73 psychic to B1. I love how my at-will chains :smallbiggrin:

Sinenomine
2009-04-24, 03:10 PM
Rotgob
HP: (92-82)/186 + 11T - Stance: Mountain's roots - Bloodied

Woah! Nice Zzappa Korgan!

Witnessing more enemies fall, Rotgob grins, trying to carve the flesh of his opponent

Actions:
Standard action:
Crushing surge, on BM2 ([roll0] vs AC)
The target is marked, on a hit Rotgob gains 11 temp. HP (staking with the ones he currently have)

OOC:
I din't understand if i hit my target last turn, if this is the case i'm unscratched for this round

NecroRebel
2009-04-24, 06:54 PM
Since it doesn't really matter what the rest of you do anymore, I'm just going to assume you all attacked the enemies that weren't being ruthlessly murderized :smalltongue:

Also, everyone who attacked last round hit (though a couple of you only barely), so Rotgob did get the bonus temp. HP last round

Kuekemon's and Korgan's spells smash into one of the still-surviving blademaster, blasting it into several pieces that spin off into the distance. Seeing their friend's final fate, the remaining Maruts, already demoralized, seem to simply give up. While they do still fight, their attacks are pathetic and clumsy, and they cease to be able to avoid your final assaults at all. Fighting as they did at that stage, they would hardly be a match for one of the younger dragons, much less your peerless might.

It takes little time to slay the remaining enemies and to clean the Skiff of their blood, and so you are free to continue on to your next destination. While the voyage ahead will be long, hopefully it will be more free of these little diversions.

BM1 dies. Assume BM2 and BM4 die without dealing any damage or forcing you to expend any other resources as well.

You can continue on towards Avandor and Gloaminghold if you'd like, or you may choose a different destination. Regardless, it will take at least one day to travel, thus you may recover all powers and abilities.

Nahal
2009-04-24, 07:22 PM
Korgan

Bloody Pirates, Korgan mutters as he helps clean off the ship's deck. They assume they can steal whatever you're carrying, but never have anything worth claiming once you prove them wrong. Speaking to the gorup, he then says I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd just as soon be off. To Arvandor?

Vox Clamantis
2009-04-24, 07:36 PM
Kuekemon

When the last Marut falls, Kuekemon growls deep within his chest and leaps upon the body, tearing the throat out and spilling blood into the Astral mists. When he blurs back into human form, his muzzle is still stained red. It doesn't seem to bother him.

Arvandor.

Having cast his vote (however briefly), the gnoll heads back to the prow of the ship, idly wiping his muzzle with a piece of cloth from his belt. From the deep stains in the fabric, it's apparent that this cloth has been used for this purpose before, rinsed, and then used again innumerable times.

The Bushranger
2009-04-26, 10:45 AM
Patrick O'Connell

I would suggest heading on to Arvandor as well, Patrick says, shaking his head a little regretfully. Perhaps their leader was getting desperate to prove himself to his men. He had to know they stood little chance against us.

Awesomologist
2009-04-26, 11:38 AM
Mathas

The deva cleans his blade of Marut blood before hopping along the stones to make his way back to the skiff. He takes a moment to sit cross-legged, his sheathed sword across his lap, and offer silent prayers to his goddess.

Mathas opens his eyes and looks to his companions, "Where ever we must go, let us make haste to get there." He then rises and takes up his post on the skiff to get underway.

Sinenomine
2009-04-26, 04:11 PM
Rotgob

As he drives his manticore toward the skiff, Rotgob answers to Mathas

Hah! No need to hurry!
Ya needa learn to enjoy ya life more, We smashed them so we gotta celebrate!
Was not a hard fight but that is no excuse.

Nahal
2009-04-26, 07:05 PM
Korgan

No reason not to do both! Korgan calls back to Rotgob. We can rest up a bit and grab a meal if you like, but I for one am looking forward to some more pleasing terrain and locals than what's on offer here. Pulling out a basket seemingly too large to fit in his pack, Korgan adds Help yourselves, ladies and gents.

Using Everlasting Provision for those who need food. I'd just as soonw e get moving, shall we rule an extended rest followed by a trip to Arvandor?

NecroRebel
2009-04-27, 10:06 PM
The next few days are uneventful; while a few other masses are detected by the Skiff's navigation system, none of them are hostile creatures. Most are simply small, barren rocks, floating harmlessly in the mists. It is only after a lengthy voyage, somewhat uncomfortable on the small vessel you have to ride, that you finally sight a color veil of Arvandor, the Verdant Isles. Through it, the great forests of Fey Gods are visible through breaks in the veil itself.

Soon, other vessels become visible, both tiny skiffs not unlike your own through to the elegant Eladrin frigates, floating through the Sea going towards and away from the Astral Dominion that is your destination. You join those sailing inwards and slowly drift through to the true waters of this divine dominion.

Somewhere within is the hidden house of Gloaminghold, said to be found on a tiny island near where the waters drift off into the sky. It may not be easy to find without a guide; Duskmoon, the Warlock whos house it is, was said to be a skillful illusionist. You may wish to travel to one of the larger islands to inquire about your desination's true whereabouts, or you may seek it on your own. While the Fey do not revere Avandra as highly as they do Corellon or Sehanine, the presence of an Eladrin priestess may make them more willing to aid you. Do you choose to sail the waters, seek the celebrants among the great forested isles, or something else entirely?

Vox Clamantis
2009-04-27, 11:31 PM
Kuekemon

The feral gnoll has been growing increasingly restless as time passes on the tiny skiff. Long before they actually come into view, he was staring in the direction of the forests with a look of unashamed longing. His ill ease in such confined spaces is betrayed by his musings as he stares at the astral wilderness.

When I return to my home, there will be a great hunt. I will have to drive out the giants, the orcs, and the evil spirits that will have come to the forest in my absence.

If the spirits were wrong to send me away, there will be no-one to keep the land and quiet the spirits. The spirits will leave, and the animals will grow small and weak, the trees will grow still and silent, and my home will be gone.

Kuekemon doesn't particularly care how we go about doing things. He's not exactly a master strategist. He's concerned with results, not means. In general, it's safe to say that he doesn't have an opinion until he indicates otherwise.

Nahal
2009-04-28, 12:06 AM
Korgan

That's the problem with claiming a dominion, Korgan says. Too much responsibility, and too many obligations. I've been offered one a couple times, usually through marriage, but it would have only slowed me down. Pausing for a moment, he continues. Whose dominion is the Gloaminghold within, anyway? We might as well go pay them a visit. Could be fun, and I can probably persuade whoever we need to that helping us is in their interest.

The Bushranger
2009-04-28, 02:18 AM
Patrick

I guess that sounds like as good a plan as any...and I'm still can't believe I'm saying that in reference to one of your plans, Korgan. The warlock chuckles good-naturedly as he looks out from his perch at the bow of the skiff; he refrains from commenting on his own views on dominions, holdings, and the like. Those who know him know him; those who don't, his reasoning goes, not unkindly yet practically, don't need to.

Awesomologist
2009-04-28, 06:15 PM
Mathas

The deva looks to his companions, "Do any of you practice the arcane art of rituals? Perhaps a divination or other source of information would be useful? If not that then perhaps someone here in Arvandor can be paid for such services either in gold or by offering our own abilities."

opheliagonemad
2009-04-29, 02:30 PM
Allys
I possess the ability to uitilize arcane rituals. My ritual book contains instructions for consulting an oracle if you like me to use it. I for one feel that consulting with some of the celebrants in the forest may be our best course of action at first, but we can use divination to guide us in choosing our path

Vox Clamantis
2009-04-29, 03:50 PM
Kuekemon shakes his muzzle from side to side.

We go where the spirits wish, wherever we go. There is no need to ask their guidance directly. Simply decide, and they guide your decision.

opheliagonemad
2009-04-29, 10:04 PM
Allys
Well, then let us land at the first large island or obviously populous settlement we see and start doing some research on Gloaminghold"

Nahal
2009-04-29, 10:25 PM
Korgan

Sounds like a plan, the sorceror agrees. Onward, then! May we find both answers and ale worthy of our quest! With that, Korgan steers the skiff toward Arvandor, using the assistance of any of the crew who are able to provde it. Once they reach a decently-sized settlement, Korgan looks for a place to land. If no-one else volunteers to do so, he will fold up the skiff and carry it with him (we did get a folding skiff, right?)

NecroRebel
2009-04-30, 07:58 PM
Finding one of the larger islands is easy, as is finding a place to land. Finding people in the woods proves somewhat more difficult, as the firelight of ruesti gatherings tends to vanish when intruders approach. Still, it does not take more than an hour for you to catch one of them unawares enough to get into the circle of torches, bonfires, and feasting tables.

As you enter the party of exalted fey, the soft music that had been floating on the wind stops. Most of those present are the spirits of long-dead Eladrin, obviously servants of Corellon and Sehanine, with a scattering of satyrs, gnomes, and even a noble fae dragon in their midst. A rune-shrouded hound lifts its head and growls at the intruders on the other side of the centermost fire, but calms as one man stands and strokes its head as he approaches you.

This man is obviously still alive. His robes and jewelry marks him as one of the Ghaeles of Winter, Eladrin frostlords and, as all lords of the seasons are among the Fey, respected highly among his people and other inhabitants of his worlds. While the others around the tables whisper among themselves, confused and angry at the intrusion, this man seems calm as he approaches and calms the guests with a raised hand. He stops before Allys and seems to size up the party, disapproving of the mortals, somewhat amused at Mathas, and curious at the presence of a Warforged. As yet, he is not hostile, and addressed Allys cautiously.

"You are welcome among our fires, sister," he says, "though I am not so certain of your choice to bring these others with you. I am Hilinasl. Why have you come here with these people?"

From what I can tell, there's no really obvious settlements on the isles of Avandor. Even the "palace" of the gods seems to me like it would blend pretty easily into the forests. As such, I'm just going to have you meet up with a roaming band of partygoers, Hobbit-style :smallwink:

Vox Clamantis
2009-04-30, 10:37 PM
Just being in the woods again seems to calm Kuekemon's melancholy. The moment he leaps off the skiff, he blurs into the shape of a great white wolf and lopes among the trees, sniffing as though hunting around for a trail. A few steps behind him is his familiar spirit, floating alongside in the shape of a glowing hunting companion.

He's not really looking for anything in particular; just doing what animals do in unfamiliar territory.

The Bushranger
2009-05-01, 10:54 AM
Patrick

Standing a few steps behind Allys, the white-haired bard regards the group with respect, feeling somehow...at home, perhaps, among these Fey, and yet somehow feeling a longing stirring in his heart at seeing them, a sense of unworthiness...

Nahal
2009-05-01, 06:14 PM
Korgan

In contrast to the warlock, Korgan appears momentarily worried upon confronting such a high-ranking member of the winter fey. When no hint of recognition comes from the ghaele, Korgan speaks up. We are charged with a task by Ioun, noble one, Korgan says to the winter fey. It is possible that what we seek is within the Gloaminghold. Would you kindly tell us where it may be found? We would be most grateful for the assistance.

[roll0] to talk pretty, [roll1] in case it gives me some etiquette insight into the fey
Edit: Holy christ, those are awful rolls. Good thing my mod's insane. Allys may want to step in though...

NecroRebel
2009-05-01, 07:30 PM
"A mission from Ioun?" The eladrin lord considers for a moment, then sighs. "I suppose she would send someone without actually telling them where they need to go. Sometimes that goddess and her servants are just too eager about making people gain their own knowledge. Fine. The Warlock's keep itself is hidden; you won't find it unless you know where to look. Instead, look for a statue of Duskmoon, standing out alone on the bay out that way," he says, indicating a direction different from the one in which you came. "You'll be able to talk to him through the statue, and if he likes what he hears, he'll open the way to Gloaminghold itself."

This doesn't have to be the end of negotiations here; if you'd like to ask these Fey anything else, go ahead. Otherwise, going to talk to Duskmoon is possible, as is other things.

Awesomologist
2009-05-01, 08:15 PM
Mathas

Relaxed around the other immortals, Mathas looks about the festive glade, face smiling at any who would look at him. He looks to the eladrin lord and briefly bows before addressing him, "Lord Hilinasi, thank you for your assistance. I assure you, my companions and I won't take up too much more of your time. I would like to know if there's anything more you could tell us about the warlock Duskmoon or of the Gloaminghold?"

opheliagonemad
2009-05-02, 12:00 AM
Allys
As my companions have stated, we have come here seeking the Gloaminghold. We do not wish to trouble you further, but certainly would appreciate any further advice you can give us.

The Bushranger
2009-05-02, 08:27 AM
Patrick O'Connell

Patrick remains respectfully quiet, almost introspective, as he allows the others to speak, and listens carefully.

Vox Clamantis
2009-05-04, 03:10 PM
Kuekemon looks as though he was prepared to depart, but stops and sits on his haunches to wait for the answer to Mathas' question.

NecroRebel
2009-05-04, 09:13 PM
Hilinasl grunts noncommitedly. "I am not among those who are within the warlock's circle. He has his research; that consumes all of his time, and only those who aid him are truly able to say that they can have influence with him.

Still, you're in... some luck. Esinokar, there," he indicates the dragon, which is pointedly looking anywhere but towards you, "has done some work with Duskmoon and thus might be able to help."

Nahal
2009-05-04, 10:16 PM
Korgan

As he sees the eladrin indicate the dragon, Korgan decides to try and turn on the charm. Pardon me, noble one, he says, but our task would be made much easier if we knew more about with whom we will be dealing. What can you tell us about Duskmoon? I would rather avoid offending or insulting the one whose home we will need to search, and the more we know about Duskmoon the easier it will be to do so smoothly.

[roll0] Edit: Ye gods! Hooray for social combat crits!

Vox Clamantis
2009-05-04, 10:41 PM
Kuekemon

Turning back to the conversation, Kuekemon focuses his attention on the dragon. It has no reason to be deceitful (that Kuekemon knows of), but he's not the sort to take anything for granted.

[roll0]

Jeez. That blows.

NecroRebel
2009-05-05, 09:11 PM
The dragon appears pleased by Korgan's honeyed words, and replies with equal manners. "Lord Duskmoon has been searching for a long while for a means to cleanse himself and, ultimately, the tiefling race of the ancient curses and pacts their ancestors had signed with the forces of the Hells. Still, with his magics focusing on the power of illusion, it is difficult for him to truly change reality. It is this that I have aided him with; my kind can sometimes make illusions solid, and he wished to learn how to do it himself.

Still, he is unsuccessful. He is always very intrigued by anything that might advance his research. If you can offer something that will help him, he will be very pleased. He doesn't actually like visitors to interrupt his studies, though, so while you may talk to him through the statue on the water, I would not recommend it. Instead, if you can, search behind it; there is a vast shroud of illusion that hides his home. Pierce it, speak directly to some of his staff, and arrange to meet him when he isn't otherwise engaged, and he will be much friendlier to any requests you may need to make."

(I'm not certain if you want to leave yet, so I'll hold off on describing the move to Gloaminghold's environs for the time being)

Vox Clamantis
2009-05-05, 09:16 PM
Kuekemon bows his head in gratitude before turning to leave. Even wild hermits have some manners, after all.

Nahal
2009-05-05, 10:35 PM
Korgan

While he doesn't immediately realize the value of what the dragon has just told the group, he responds to the dragon as if it had told him something vastly useful for the sake of etiquette. You have my sincere thanks, Eskinar. I do not know what I can offer in return, but we are in your debt. As soon as the words escape his mouth, however, he realizes their task may have been made much easier here. He waits for the dragon's response, sensing that giving it the last word would be polite.

The Bushranger
2009-05-05, 11:29 PM
Patrick O'Connell

Patrick remains respectfully quiet, sensing that Korgan has the matter well in hand - and, in truth, being just a little surprised by this fact, given how their last adventure together had turned out.

opheliagonemad
2009-05-06, 12:28 AM
Allys
Allys, seeing no reason to add to Korgan's words, merely bows respectfully, waiting for the dragon to make any final remarks.

NecroRebel
2009-05-06, 10:18 PM
"Be cautious with Duskmoon; he is a dear friend to me, but he can be dangerous if provoked. Go in peace." The dragon bends its neck, a dragon's bow, and you take your leave of this eternal celebration.

You begin the journey through the woods of Arvandor towards the coast, where you can sail towards Gloaminghold itself. The forests are wild and thick here, but at the same time they open before you, vines and brambles always beside the path but never within it. Whether this be a property of Arvandor itself or something else guiding you isn't clear. While you hear the songs and see the firelight of other groups of Fey, you never come upon another clearing like the one where you met Hilinasl and Esinokar.

It takes half an hour's jog to reach the coast of the island you are on. As you cannot walk on water, you take a few minutes to activate the magic on the skiff, causing it to grow back to its full size and render it seaworthy.

(Since this is story-important, I'm not going to require an item use for this. I'll only require one where it is your choice whether to use it or not)

As you sail out among the scores of tiny islands that make up Arvandor's archipelago, you manage to avoid rocks and shallows. A few other vessels are once again visible, and a few palaces and other structures are apparent on the shores. You pass these, past the outermost edges of the string of islands, and seemingly out towards the mists that make up the border of the Astral Sea. Some time later, you manage to spot a lone figure that stands out on the water, a stone tiefling, supported by a tiny pedastal; Duskmoon.

Vox Clamantis
2009-05-06, 10:28 PM
Kuekemon

Still seated at the prow of the boat like a furry statue, Kuekemon makes a conscious effort to pierce the illusion of the tower that he's been told is beyond the statue.

Since he has nothing to say unless spoken to, Kuekemon will have remained in beast form this entire time.

[roll0]

Wow, the dice gods are not with me today...frickin' terrible roll.

Nahal
2009-05-06, 10:40 PM
Korgan

Once the statue comes into view, Korgan begins intently focusing on what ISN'T visible. Where are you... he mutters as he attempts to pierce the veil.

[roll0]
Edit: subtract 10 from my mod. I am NOT terribly observant.

opheliagonemad
2009-05-07, 02:50 PM
Allys
Allys calls down a Holy Lantern about 10 feet ahead of the boat, whose bright light is helpful in piercing mists and searching for the hidden. She, too, begins trying to ascertain where the tower may be hidden among the mists.
Holy Lantern, at will utility. For 10 hours it sheds bright light up to five squares ahead that give a +2 to insight and perception rolls. Insight roll [roll0]

The Bushranger
2009-05-08, 12:52 PM
Patrick

"Ah, a nice game of hide-and-seek. Hopefully the hider won't be as lethal as some we've found in the past, eh?

Insight: [roll0]

Awesomologist
2009-05-08, 02:17 PM
Mathas

"Perhaps we should bring this boat around to approach the statue from behind as the dragon suggested."
Upon disembarking the boat Mathas surveys the island and statue.

[roll0]
[roll1]

opheliagonemad
2009-05-10, 03:27 PM
Allys
Allys disembarks, bringing the holy lantern with her; it floats about 10 feet ahead of the group, continuing to help pierce the mists; she goes through the lessons in arcane knowledge she had as a temple acolyte in her head, hoping to stumble upon a clue.
Arcana [roll0] Insight [roll1]

opheliagonemad
2009-05-14, 03:56 PM
Allys
These mists are so thick. Can any of you sense anything? Kuekemon, would you be willing to scout ahead a bit if I float the lantern just ahead of you?

Vox Clamantis
2009-05-14, 09:26 PM
Shaking out his limbs and standing up, Kuekemon turns to Allys and nods his head once. Either he can't speak in animal form, or he's just being uncommunicative. Without making a sound, he shifts into the form of a raven and wings off into the mist.

Black Harbinger, daily power. Lets me take the form of a tiny raven and grants me a fly speed equal to my land speed...in my case, 10.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Dammit, I can't roll higher than 5 on a d20!

NecroRebel
2009-05-15, 07:41 PM
Searching the waters around the statue for the telltale signs of something hidden from view is surprisingly difficult. It doesn't seem as if there is anything there; even as you search with flight, nothing is apparent. Suddenly, though, Allys notices a strange creature, a dog of some sort, sitting out on the water, watching you. When you see it, it quickly turns and darts away, vanishing into a shimmering barrier of obvious magic. It is incredible that you didn't notice it before; apparently, the illusionist at work here is much more skilled than anyone you have yet encountered.

Floating forward to where your the dog vanished also seems to consume the front end of the Skiff, as if it was sailing into a vat of swirling dye. As you cross the threshold yourself, however, the effect isn't evident. Instead, a seawall seems to snap into being on either side of you, the ship moving through a gap in its protection. Ahead, many crates and barrels sit on the shore of a tiny islet, which rises from the water to a height covered in a grand keep. Near thecargo stands two people attended by several stone and wood constructs, all of whom seem to be waiting for you to arrive at the stone pier that juts into the water.

As you land, one of the elves at the water's edge greet you as the other guides the golems to secure your ship to the pier. "Hail the ship! I assume you have a message for Lord Duskmoon? It must be important to send someone in person instead of sending a messanger beast, so you should enter right away. Please, follow me, and I will take you to him in his study."

Once you have landed on the shores of Gloaminghold, the elf guides you into the manor. You are lead through long and mazelike corridors, up and down stairs, through countless doors, and across several bridges hanging over both pools where the sea has been allowed to flow in and greatrooms, before finally coming to the chamber your guide identifies as Duskmoon's study, though once you are within it looks more like a laboratory. Bookshelves line one of the walls, laden with books, scrolls, and curiosities from every conceivable exotic locale. Around it sit several large chairs and couches, rugs sitting under all of it, and a sizable table with several books sitting open on it. The other side of the room, where a regal-looking Tiefling man dressed in fine robes is working, is covered only in barren stone and the paraphenalia of an arcane workspace. Runes and magic circles cover many of the surfaces, a spellforge for making magical items takes up one corner, and alchemical apparati bubble with unidentifiable liquids.

Regardless of the layout, as you enter, the Warlock turns to face you. "You are fortunate to have finally pierced the seawall when you did. I just finished my experiments for the day. Why have you come? I rarely get visitors from beyond the color veil, particularly those of such... mixed company."

Vox Clamantis
2009-05-15, 08:02 PM
At those words, Kuekemon abandons his animal form to stand upright as a gnoll. He doesn't really plan on contributing much to the conversation, but at the very least he ought to have the use of his own voice should the occasion present itself.

Kuekemon is going to watch and listen for the time-being.

[roll0]
[roll1]

opheliagonemad
2009-05-19, 12:17 AM
We have come seeking certain information. We are hoping that given your extensive arcane research, that you might be able to assist us.

Diplomacy [roll0]

The Bushranger
2009-05-19, 02:48 AM
Patrick O'Connell

Standing quietly a few paces behind Allys, Pat nods in agreement with her words. "We understand that you know many things, and we hope that you might be willing to share some of that knowledge, to help with what we seek.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Awesomologist
2009-05-19, 04:01 PM
Mathas

Arms folded beneath his cloak wrapped tightly around him, Mathas moves behind Allys and nods as she speaks. Taking position behind her much like any counselor would do for their primary diplomat.

[roll0] for Allys
Mathas is basically here should Allys have questions or perhaps speak only if he can think of a particular question. Otherwise expect him to be aiding Allys.

NecroRebel
2009-05-19, 08:21 PM
The warlock gestures you towards the table on the more well-furnished side of the room, inviting, "Please, sit. I may be able to help you, though my studies have mainly focused on my own... difficulties. What is it you seek? The problem of lifting an infernal and divine curse like the one that has long held the Tiefling races in its sway has lead me to gain insights into many different topics, so even if it isn't my area of expertise I may know something, or know someone who does."

Vox Clamantis
2009-05-19, 08:23 PM
Kuekemon moves to sit, his familiar spirit curling up at his feet in the form of a wolf. He keeps quiet, not having anything in particular to add to the conversation.

Nahal
2009-05-19, 10:09 PM
Korgan

Initially silent, Korgan speaks up once the group is seated. We appreciate the hospitality, he says. And I realize you've got more pressing concerns, so I'll get to the point. We seek a ritual. One rumored to be able to catalyze a mortal's ascension to godhood. Anything come to mind? Perhaps your experiments strayed toward those who already possess some measure of a divine spark at one point or another. Pausing for a moment, he adds It's been my experience that those of us who choose the adventurer's path are perceived as an eclectic bunch, since our physical appearances do often vary. But we all have something in common, some part of our souls that seeks something more than forty acres and a mule. That much you must understand, no? You're a legend, yourself. How varied were your companions over the years before you devoted yourself to your experiments here?

NecroRebel
2009-05-26, 05:22 PM
"Ascending to full divinity? Most demigods are satisfied with the lesser power that they become once they complete their apotheisis. Still..." the warlock ponders for a moment, then brightens and continues with a canny smile on his face. "Most priests believe that the Raven Queen was a mortal who slew the old God of Death and took his power. This isn't quite true; she was a mortal, and did die and enter the Realm of the Dead as the stories tell, but she wasn't just mortal when she died. I happen to have a volume that tells the true story; a history, in fact, written by one of the survivors from the newborn Goddess's old domain from before she ascended."

He stands and walks over to the bookshelves, running his fingers along their spines until he comes to a set of nine identical tomes, bound in pale, supple leather. He taps the last one before turning back to the table. "The book is of course very rare. Unique as far as I know. I don't believe even Ioun has a copy. I could give it to you, but of course you would have to give me something of equal value in return." He indicates the books that he had fingered before, continuing, "These make up one of the copies of the old... 'contract,' shall we call them? between Bael Turath and Asmodeus. The contracts were signed, modified, and resigned many times over generations. Ten volumes were written up by the end. As you see, I possess only nine; I'm missing volume three. No complete set is known to exist outside the Hells themselves, but copies have been made of each tome. If you could acquire one for me, I would be endlessly grateful. Do you understand my meaning, oh 'eclectic bunch'?"

The Bushranger
2009-05-26, 05:35 PM
Patrick O'Connell

I believe I understand, the white-haired man says softly, nodding. I would be happy to assist in...acquiring what you need.

opheliagonemad
2009-05-26, 07:34 PM
Allys
I, too, would, be willing to acquire it for you. Do you have any leads on where we should first look?

Nahal
2009-05-26, 08:58 PM
Korgan

Other than the hells? There must be a few marketplaces that could provide us a lead. Anywhere we'd be likely to look that isn't Hestavar? Korgan thinks to himself as well, poring over his memory for places where one might find goods of a less-than-holy nature.

[roll0] to think of any fun and exciting extraplanar marketplaces that might contain a lead on an incredibly rare Infernal tome

NecroRebel
2009-05-26, 09:31 PM
Duskmoon laughs, obviously delighted that you'd agree to help him. "I doubt it would be for sale anywhere; I have agents around most of the major cities looking for a copy to show up, but none have. I suppose someone in Sigil might have it. That place is easy to get spies into, but difficult to get information out of, or at least anything accurate.

I've scoured every ruin from old Turath I could find on the mortal plane, and it's reflection in the realm of the Fey as well. There might be some forgotten library on the Shadowfell that holds a copy of one or two of the volumes, and it would probably survive there, though... Well, you may have noticed that they're bound in human skin. I suspect that any you find there might bite.

If anywhere outside the Hells would have the book... I hesitate to suggest it, because all that I have learned of it says that it is far too dangerous for one of my ilk, but you may find it less dangerous. It is a long-lost, long-hidden planar bubble known as Apocrypha, reachable through any book. This plane is said to take the form of an endless library, where every book ever written can be found, inhabited by spirits who are trapped by their own lust for knowledge. I myself seek knowledge, so I fear being ensnared by it, but if you have no other choice and cannot find it anywhere else, I will teach you how to go there, and allow you to use one of the volumes of the contract that I already possess to enter. It may be that entering through a particular book will take you to near other, similar books within the library itself. It's theoretically possible that you might even appear within arm's reach of the missing volume, though, again, I would not recommend trying."

Nahal
2009-05-26, 09:40 PM
Korgan

Books never held any serious draw for me, Korgan responds, though I've never held anything against them. Personally I think Apocrypha sounds like fun. Anyone have a differing opinion?

Awesomologist
2009-05-26, 11:45 PM
Mathas

Mathas looks at Duskmoon inquisitively at the mention of his goddess. As his companions begin to agree to retrieve the foul book of binding. However the promise of receiving a book that details the ascension of his own goddess intrigues him far more.
I must meditate and pray to the Raven Queen. She must be made aware of this book.
Mathas nods in agreement with the others before looking at them, "I am most interested in reading this Lord Duskmoon posses. Apocrypha sounds like a good place to start."

Vox Clamantis
2009-05-27, 06:22 AM
The gnoll, having kept himself quiet and unobtrusive during the exchange, bares his canines in a long grin and taps his claws against the wood of his chair.

If those who seek knowledge from books become trapped, Kuekemon need fear nothing. What might books teach him that the spirits cannot? He looks out of the corner of his eyes at his companions, barely turning his muzzle. We are decided?

NecroRebel
2009-05-27, 04:34 PM
The warlock frowns at your apparent eagerness to put yourselves in danger, but nevertheless sighs "Well then, I suppose we should get to teaching you the ritual you'll need. It's the same to escape from the library, though the stories I've heard of those who have left that place say that they found themselves someplace other than where they entered. One sage suggested that leaving would take someone to where the book they used to escape was written, or where it referred to, or something else about it that was unknown, so I cannot really say much about it."

The ritual is surprisingly simple, and in less than in hour those of you who know how to cast rituals have it mastered, with the components for both the travel there and the return trip arranged, and, just in case, your Skiff retrieved from the keep's harbor. As you are making final preperations, Duskmoon bids you farewell, saying, "I do not know what exactly you will find in the library of Apocrypha, so be very careful there. The spirits haven't ever been reported attacking anyone who escaped, but at the same time, it could be that no one who they have attacked have survived. I have only one suggestion: silence in the Library."

opheliagonemad
2009-05-28, 11:19 AM
Allys

Truly, Sir, we greatly appreciate your hospitality and your advice. Thank your assistance

Allys then returns to working on preparing the ritual.

The Bushranger
2009-05-28, 12:46 PM
Patrick O'Connell

I thank you as well, kind sir. Your assistance has been of the greatest help to us, and I hope that we will soon be able to return safe and in possession of the book you seek.

Vox Clamantis
2009-05-28, 03:53 PM
Even Kuekemon, not the most accustomed to playing polite guest, gives a sort of half bow. With a growl he dismisses his familiar spirit but makes no further preparations; he doesn't seem to require any.

Awesomologist
2009-05-28, 04:40 PM
Mathas

Mathas bows at Duskmoon, "Your aid has been most appreciated. We will retrieve your book. I look forward to learning more about my goddess."

Mathas moves then to assist the others with the ritual. Once the portal is complete, the Deva offers to step through first.

opheliagonemad
2009-05-29, 01:08 PM
Allys

I think it is best if we proceed with extreme caution. We should move forward as stealthily as possible. Those of us in heavy armor should go last.

Nahal
2009-05-29, 02:03 PM
Korgan

Sounds like a plan, the sorceror says. Though it might help to keep our sharpest eyes and ears in front. I'm not the sneakiest rat out there, so I'll keep to the middle. If something needs blasting, let me know and I'll open fire.

Vox Clamantis
2009-05-29, 02:19 PM
The slightest of sly gleams in his eye, Kuekemon arches his back and drops into the form of a great panther. Beneath his golden eyes there is an unmistakable feline smile.

NecroRebel
2009-05-29, 04:57 PM
With all preperations completed, your casters begin the ritual, assisted by the Lord of Gloaminghold. Circling around the book and chanting, the tome slowly flips open, pages turn in an unseen wind, more than could possibly be bound within. The ritual continues, slowly spiraling inward, until the book sticks on one page, blacker than the deepest caverns, yet you can see illustrated upon it pure white stone and crystal and glass and, beyond, the fine blackwood stacks that hold hundreds of tomes. Beyond even those, far in the distance of the impossible painting, what seems to be sunlight filters through open colonnades made from more of the lovely materials that are nearest the source of the vision. The ritual comes to a head; with a final rising song, you fall silent and, as one, place your hand upon the picture, and darkness consumes you.

You find yourself somewhere strange, surrounded by fleshy, pliable walls, dim reddish light filtering through them. Within the same space are your companions; you seem to be held within a sack of some sort. Those of you with sharp corners around your body pierce holes in the bag, through which comes white sunlight. Tearing yourselves free entirely is not difficult, and you find yourselves seeing the same image you saw through the portal.

You are currently standing in the remains of the fleshy 'sack' that you entered through. Scattered about it are also several hundred shredded and crumpled pages, written in tight, formal Supernal script. Examining them more closely reveals that this was a copy of the volume of the Turathi Contracts you used in the ritual, swollen and burst. Behind, there is a small study area surrounded in bookshelves, with eight exits scattered radially about the perimeter, one of which, the one nearest you, faces out onto an open white marble plaza with stairs leading down to a lower level on either side of a bridge that leads to another set of stacks.

Strange, disembodied voices whisper in the shadows, wonder and curiosity evident in their tones though no words are evident. There is no presently any indication where, if anywhere, what you seek is located.

Nahal
2009-05-29, 05:16 PM
Korgan

Right, Korgan whispers, Perhaps we should have the more scholarly among us try to figure out if there's a logical filing system here so that we can get to work finding the book. Kuekemon, keep an eye out and see if you can figure out where those voices are coming from. The sorceror, in the meantime, begins looking around the immediate area to see what books are on the shelves where the party emerged.

[roll0], or [roll1]

Vox Clamantis
2009-05-29, 06:30 PM
Kuekemon begins to pad silently around, looking for the book in question while trying not to intrude upon the silence of the library.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Awesomologist
2009-05-29, 08:06 PM
Mathas

Mathas nods at Korigans words as he looks about the library trying to find a signs of organization.

[roll0]
[roll1]

opheliagonemad
2009-06-01, 04:22 PM
Allys

Allys, too, begins to attempt to ascertain the organization of the library.

Arcana [roll0] ; Insight [roll1]

NecroRebel
2009-06-03, 04:04 PM
This particular section of the great library is populated entirely by books bound in supple leather. Most of it is a pale, slightly pink color, though others are reddish, blue-black, or even charcoal. Those of you who are skilled in the natural arts immediately recognize that no beast has such skins; rather, they are the skins of people, human, dwarven, elven, tiefling, drow, and several other races. Every tome you take from any of the shelves in this room is written in Supernal, labeled with a number eight, and written in tight, legalistic language. Apparently, this is a collection of eighth volumes of Immortal contracts bound in the skin of sentient creatures.

Beyond this chamber, you notice that the bindings in the rooms beyond are also all formed from similar materials; black wood in one, another chamber of leather covers, another in simply paper, more in willow bark. It seems likely that, although it is an astonishingly strange means of organization, that the tomes throughout the library are grouped by binding type, language, and volume number.

As you search through the stacks, you also notice something odd - shadows creep slowly across the floor without anything apparently casting them. Some even seem to float softly in the air; they do not move towards you, but simply hang there. Where the shadows lie, the whispers in the air seem to hush, their wonder suppressed by... something unidentifiable. It is not fear, but there is a definate sense of anticipation around the shadows.

Nahal
2009-06-03, 04:55 PM
Korgan

A shudder passes down Korgan's spine once the origin of the books' bindings is made clear. Keeping his voice down, he says Right then, if this is volume eight, we'd best make for the volume 3 section. And watch those shadows, they give me the creeps. To emphasize the point, Korgan pulls out his Foe Stone and aims it at one of the free-floating ones.

I'm guessing we can work out the direction of the correct area without a roll? I'd think all we need is to see where section 7 is located relative to section 8 and proceed in that direction, no? Drawing the foe stone is a minor, using it is also a minor (just in case I'm triggering combat). If the shadow counts as a creature, the stone will tell me its vulnerabilities and lowest defense.

Just in case it's needed: [roll0], [roll1]

Vox Clamantis
2009-06-03, 04:59 PM
Kuekemon stalks silently through the library, looking for books bound in pale leather.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Awesomologist
2009-06-03, 11:12 PM
Mathas

Mathas mutters a low prayer to the Raven Queen for the peace and guidance of these lost souls as he continues to search for the book.

I figure this might be worth a Religion Check on the spirits, maybe Mathas can see if they are tied to anything in particular. If there's a way to free any distressed spirits Mathas will consider it as an option.
[roll0]
Then in search of the book or direction to get to the right wing of the library.
[roll1]
[roll2]

The Bushranger
2009-06-04, 01:11 AM
Patrick O'Connell

As the others work on studying the library shelves, the white-haired warlock curiously studies one of the shadows, considering it and finally speaking.

Greetings. We are explorers, come in peace.

Arcana: [roll0]
Diplomacy: [roll1]
Insight: [roll2]

NecroRebel
2009-06-04, 10:49 AM
As Patrick addresses the unnatural shadow, it seems to ripple then begins to slide towards him, far faster than its previous random drifting, though still not so quickly that it would be difficult to avoid.

Those of you who are searching other chambers find that they, too, are all also eighth volumes written in legalese Supernal. All that differs superficially is the cover material. Many of the rooms are much larger than the study you entered Apocrypha in; the stacks for tomes bound in leather not from sentient beings, for instance, take up a grand gallery with high, vaulting ceilings.

KorganThe Foe Stone gives somewhat confusing readings. The shadows are not alive, undead, or animate, but at the same time they are vulnerable to light.

You do not yet have enough information to determine which direction would be appropriate to find what you're looking for.

MathasThe spirits in this place are not truly distressed; your attempts to probe ways to release them from this place are successful, in that you learn that it would not be difficult to exorcise some of them, but you also know that they would not react well. Even simply testing to see what might work turns the mutters and whispers irritated and angry.

You do not yet have enough information to determine which direction would be appropriate to find what you're looking for.

PatrickWhen you speak to it, the shadow begins moving towards you at 1 square per round.

You are not familiar with whatever it is; it is not native to the Shadowfell or Far Realm, nor is it any sort of Fey you have heard of. It may be native to this plane rather than elsewhere, which would make it very difficult to learn about outside Apocrypha.

Nahal
2009-06-04, 11:25 AM
Korgan

Somewhat astonished by the dizzying number of books, Korgan begins to sense the enormity of the plane (and quite possibly the task set before them). Rather than examine individual books, he attempts to locate a catalogue or index, focusing on larger chambers in the hopes that they'd leave one in a room of greater significance. He also discloses his intent to the group, in case others wish to follow suit. Seeing the shadow start moving toward Patrick, Korgan says I'd keep away from that if I were you, friend. I don't trust shadows in general, least of all ones that stand on their own. Light should banish it just as easily as any other shade, if you can call it up.

[roll0], or [roll1] in case he can guess at a pattern to Apocrypha's layout that will guide him toward a more central location.

The Bushranger
2009-06-04, 01:46 PM
Patrick O'Connell

Yeah, hopefully it won't come to that. Patrick takes a quick glance in Nahal's direction before turning his attention back to the shadow. I mean you no harm. However if you intend me harm I will defend myself.

He repeats this in Deep Speech and Primorial as he backs up, hand resting on his wand.

Backing up at the same rate the shadow is advancing...
Diplomacy: [roll0]
:smalleek:

NecroRebel
2009-06-04, 03:03 PM
The shadow shows no reaction to Partick's attempts to communicate beyond continuing to slowly approach.

There are no apparent catalogues or other guides in the chambers you search. As you search, you do occasionally pass by open courtyards, lit by what seems to be sunlight, which have bridges leading to apparently-seperate structures and staircases leading both up and down to other levels. It seems likely, if there is any true organization in this place, that going to completely different sections may hold some clues to the book's location that simply wandering in a single piece of the library might not.

Vox Clamantis
2009-06-04, 03:35 PM
Kuekemon catches Korgan's eye and indicates with wave of his nose that he's heading in the direction of one of the bridges.

Nahal
2009-06-04, 04:01 PM
Korgan

Good call, Korgan says. To Patrick, he adds Either blast that thing or come with, it doesn't look like it moves all that quickly so we should be able to outpace it.

Awesomologist
2009-06-05, 08:56 AM
Mathas

Mathas follows the others along as they continue to explore the library, keeping any eye out for any signs of where to find the book. He also ponders the meaning of all the shadowy creatures about.

Hmmm kinda feel like I'm chasing shadows, no pun intended. Is there anything else I could have learned from that (or a new) religion check? For instance is there any way to safely communicate with the shadows? Maybe they can lead us to the book?
Just in case here's a fresh set of checks.
[roll0] - Usual keeping an eye out
[roll1] - Perhaps some new information about the shadows or anything else of religious significance.
[roll2] - Making sure we're not being tricked by moving buildings and shelves or any sort of illusion
[roll3] - Maybe religion is the wrong path to pursue?

opheliagonemad
2009-06-07, 05:41 PM
Allys, watching the shadow carefully, goes back to searching the stacks of books, though her hand moves to her Holy Symbol, as though she is preparing to call upon Avandra to rebuke the shadow creatures if they show aggression.

Insight [roll0] Religion [roll1] Arcana [roll2]

NecroRebel
2009-06-08, 01:34 PM
Yeah, I'm not really giving you guys enough direction here as yet, so the obvious aimlessness is largely my fault. I'll attempt to fix that here by... giving something obvious to do. Hopefully.

The open space, as it turns out, is the entrance to what appears to be a vast city of towers, each seperate from the others and connected by countless bridges, one on each level. Some, such as the one you just exited, are far taller than others, though most become far thinner as they approach their apex; the tower you stand near stretches nearly fifty stories above your heads, but the topmost floors would scarcely hold one bookshelf.

Each tower's construction, on the exterior at least, seems identical. Windowless, four doorways look out over bridges connected to a different tower, and each bridge connected to the next layer up and down by staircases spiraling away around the tower. The area is lit by countless human-sized entities, a long, thin body and featureless, almost angelic head held aloft by dozens of thin, featherlike limbs. Each glows softly along what would be their spine, shining through their translucent bodies.

Four stories below you, the light suddenly becomes much harsher. The creatures there are the same, but their glow is more like that of a desert sun as they hover above a sea of blackness - the same shadows as those that you recently evaded in the library, except in unspeakable numbers. Where the shining creatures' light touches them, the shadow slowly burns away, and the creatures seem to be trying to destroy the darkness, sinking slowly as it vanishes around them.

One of the nearest creatures floats slowly towards you, watching you warily, before it speaks in a crooning whisper, "Visitors of flesh. You should not be here. The shadows still hunger greatly."

Nahal
2009-06-08, 03:17 PM
Korgan

Seeing the gathering of shadows down below, Korgan suppresses an inexplicable urge to join the apparent fight against these creations of darkness. Speaking to the creature of light, Korgan says Thanks for the warning, and we don't intend to remain any longer than necessary. Tell me, is this entire tower behind us all eighth volumes of infernal contracts? We seek a specific third volume, and would appreciate being pointed in the right direction. Once that's over with, we'll gladly leave this place.

In case it'll help: [roll0] I'm hoping we don't offend it, but having an idea of where to go next would be helpful.

NecroRebel
2009-06-08, 03:31 PM
You get the distinct impression that it is pointing at the level behind you, though it does not obviously move, as it whispers again, "Eighth floor. Eighth volume. Supernal language. All contracts and bargains in writing." It points downwards, into the darkness. "Third volume. Third floor. Shadows consume. Death awaits you."

Nahal
2009-06-08, 05:08 PM
Korgan

I appreciate your concern, Korgan responds, but we're not so helpless as we may appear. Are there stairs inside the tower? How do we get down there? Turning towards the shade that was pursuing Patrick, Korgan raises his staff and takes aim. Green runes appear on his exposed skin, and then a fist-sized orb of green caustic-looking liquid flies toward the trailing shadow.

Note: if the shadow is more than 20 squares away, Korgan will move into range for his [roll0] vs Reflex, [roll1] acid

NecroRebel
2009-06-08, 05:48 PM
I had just assumed you guys had lost that particular patch of shadow, as you move ten times as quickly as it does and went someplace fairly random around the tower. But... Oh well. I guess it matters little.

The creature looks at the stairs that lead downwards in obvious bemusement. "Stairs outside. Lead up and down."

As Korgan's ball of acid streaks through the shadows that had followed this far, it disperses momentarily, becoming far larger but thinner, then reforms, only barely smaller than before. The glowing entity he has been speaking to looks at it, hisses angrily, and the light it casts dims out momentarily. A flash of light comes from its face and into the cloud, leaving only the barest trace left, which float away aimlessly. "Light destroys shadow. Shadow consumes flesh. Flesh becomes shadow. Do not touch shadow, flesh. We destroy shadow. Do not undo our work." With that, that particular entity floats downward, towards the darkness below, its glow turning harsh like the others as it takes the place of another, now rising up towards where it had been.

Nahal
2009-06-08, 06:02 PM
Korgan

D'oh, failed to see that part of the post.

Obviously frustrated by the negligible effect his attack had on the shadow, Korgan says to Allys I don't suppose you can conjure up that kind of light on command? Looks like we'll need it down there.

Vox Clamantis
2009-06-08, 06:29 PM
Kuekemon rears back into gnoll shape and sets the claws from his hands together, much the way a human would if it were musing.

Only light hurts shadow...but Kuekemon has no light. He is not accustomed to depending on another.

Whether or not that was intended to be helpful or not isn't clear.

Awesomologist
2009-06-09, 08:16 AM
Mathas

After the exchange with the shadow creature, Mathas motions to others back into the tower and begins looking for a set of stairs that lead downward.
"I think the warning is clear enough. Lets make sure we do not disturb the shadows any more than we may need to. Allys and I can provide the divine light of the gods should the shadows decide to close in upon us."

Nahal
2009-06-09, 09:01 AM
Korgan

Agreed, says the sorceror. Let's move on then. Keep our sniffer here, he adds while gesturing to Kuekemon, in front, and one of you (indicating Allys and Mathas) keep close by him in case we find ourselves in trouble. Hopefully we can grab the book and get out without too much of a fuss, but let's try and keep quiet down there. He then moves toward the stairs, assuming the others will follow.

opheliagonemad
2009-06-09, 10:34 AM
Allys
You might say that light is something of a specialty of mine. With that, she steps forward to walk beside Kuekemon.

NecroRebel
2009-06-09, 12:06 PM
It is simple to get three levels down, to what should have been the fifth story of the tower if the light beast was telling the truth. That is when the difficulties arise, for the stairs leading further downward are swallowed in the blackness of the hungry shadows mere feet below where you now stand.

One of the other light beasts approaches as you get further down. "Visitors of flesh. You seek shadow-feeder? Our work is long. Seek the Blackflame. Blackflame knows way of flesh-through-shadow." Once it is finished speaking, it turns, and sends a beam of light upwards, to another one along one of the bridges, who in turn sends another beam towards a thid, and so on down the line. The beams of light seem almost solid, and they are visible even in the middle of the air. They seem to be a guideline of sorts, directing you towards this "Blackflame."

The Bushranger
2009-06-09, 01:11 PM
Patrick

Well, that was...mildly disturbing. At least we know where to go now, more or less. I guess we follow the yellow light road to this Blackflame, then?

Vox Clamantis
2009-06-09, 01:53 PM
Kuekemon, having assumed the form of a great wolfhound, lopes on ahead.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Nahal
2009-06-09, 03:04 PM
Korgan

Disturbing or no, I'll take the help. I'm not much use against those shadow things, and I toss around more destruction than anyone else here. Let's go find this Blackflame and see if we can't get what we need from him...her...it... whatever the case may be.

Korgan once again sticks to the middle, doing his best to keep an eye out and occasionally looking down to check on the battle against the shadows.

Just cause it probably cant hurt: [roll0], [roll1]

Awesomologist
2009-06-09, 03:33 PM
Mathas

Sticking close to Kuekemon, Mathas eyes the beams of light as the cut through the darkness around them.

[roll0]
[roll1]

NecroRebel
2009-06-09, 04:01 PM
The guiding light the caretakers of this place provide mostly stays parallel to bridges and staircases, occasionally leading upwards or downwards as it circles around spires. You'd easily find yourself lost if not for the light; each tower seems almost identical, each bridge and staircase perfectly the same. Even the few towers that are large enough relative to those around them to be truly noticable are not different enough from others to determine location from much distance, so you are extremely glad that you had the foresight to mark your path with enchanted chalk.

As you travel, there are some minor changes to the appearance of the library; skeletal corpses lie, bodies stretched as if clawing to get away from something terrible, and some areas are scorched, pockmarked, and ruined, as if some battle had taken place there. Sometimes, it becomes necessary to jump a short distance just to get over gaps in the bridges or stairways. It is one of these places where the next obstacle arises.

Before you, across a wide gap, is an unspeakably massive tower, several times the size of any you have previously seen. However, only one bridge goes to it; there were clearly others, once, but it seems as though they were intentionally broken off, and their doors blocked. Unlike the other light creatures, those surrounding the tower all face outwards, and only the ones near the bottom glow to keep back the sea of blackness there. Unfortunately, the one way into the tower itself isn't near where the guidelight directs you; it would appear that you will have to pass through one of the lower levels of one of the neighboring towers to get to the larger one.

Nahal
2009-06-09, 04:06 PM
Korgan

That's bloody annoying, Korgan mutters upon seeing the lack of bridges heading to the larger tower. Ah well, nothing for it, he says aloud. Let's go find out who or what this Blackflame is, and hope he's not responsible for those bodies we stepped over to get here.

opheliagonemad
2009-06-09, 11:16 PM
Allys
Allys, motioning to Kuekemon to lead the way, proceeds down what seems to be the most likely path to the bridge to the tower.

NecroRebel
2009-06-10, 01:19 PM
The path to the large tower forces you to actually pass through the nearer of them, on the lowest level above the darkness below. Any other path passes over broken bridges or stairways, and though your skills, honed through long treks through deadly wildlands, tell you that this way is not safe, there is no other way.

The tower itself is very much like all the others you have seen the inside of. However, at this level there are obvious holes in the floor, revealing the inky blackness below. Still, these holes are not dangerous on their own; they are easily stepped around. You do get the distinct sensation of being watched while you are within, but whenever you look for the source, nothing is there but walls or the ceiling.

It is not until the last room of the tower, where the bridge is visible through the doorway, that you know for certain why this place is dangerous. The room itself is not abnormal; a simple, octagonal chamber, with bookshelves lining the walls and more standing freely around a central space, with a low table sitting in the dead center. However, the great phantasms who block the path out, gazing at you with obvious greed, are certainly not friendly.

The ghosts murmur to each other, speaking of how they'd like to pick your brains and tear off your faces, before slipping softly forward.

Battle is joined.

Alright, initiative rolls.

I did have a better description written, but then I was checking the monsters' initiatives and accidentally closed my browser, so you'll just have to deal with this :smallmad:

I've PM'ed Sinenomine, but if he's not interested in continuing the game or doesn't get back to me by the weekend I'll recruit someone else to be a defender. Until then, I'll play Rotgob for him.

For the map, you can stand in the squares half cut off by the exterior walls as if they were normal squares. The black squares are bookshelves, and thus can be seen and attacked through though they grant concealment but cannot be moved through. The grey squares in the middle are a table, which takes 2 squares to move onto but then one to move around on or off of. The dark red squares that you cannot currently see are holes in the floor, and will spawn Hungry Shadows if there are less than 4 on the map.

Initial Battle Map:http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/8651/sotasgroup2fight2.png[roll0]

Vox Clamantis
2009-06-10, 02:57 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

The Bushranger
2009-06-10, 03:03 PM
Patrick

Ghosts. Why'd it have to be ghosts? Patrick mutters, drawing his wand and staking a fighting position.

Initative: [roll0]

Nahal
2009-06-10, 03:28 PM
Korgan

Dead things should stay that way, Korgan mutters with no small measure of contempt in his voice as he begins reaching into his pack. Let's see what the best way is to get rid of you...

[roll0]
You'd better believe I'm Foe Stoning at least one enemy in a given combat. Those Callers in Darkness look like prime targets...

Awesomologist
2009-06-10, 04:19 PM
Mathas

Seeing the room full of undead spirits, Mathas gives a sigh as he holds his blade in one hand and thumbs the symbols of the Raven Queen that clasp his cloak. The look on the Deva's face is one of sadness and pity for these tormented souls.
Mathas speaks aloud to the ghosts, "Spirits of the dead and damned, leave us be or I must force you to court with Queen of the Dead. I will not free you of undeath gently!"

[roll0]

opheliagonemad
2009-06-10, 04:34 PM
Allys
The chains of darkness cannot bind the righteous and the free
Initiative[roll0]

NecroRebel
2009-06-10, 05:08 PM
The horrors are unimpressed by your posturing, and rush to attack, a great wind following them all the way. The larger phantasms are quicker, and flit through the collection of tomes without difficulty as they rip into your very spirit, while the smaller, slower creatures approach with a screech, causing the whispers about you to manifest into strange forms and hands that grasp at your legs.

It is now Allys's turn.

Enemy Actions:Caller in Darkness 1 moves to L4-M5, uses its Advantage of Fear power on Mathas, and uses Steal Essence on Mathas.

Mathas is marked and grants combat advantage to the Caller until he saves.
[roll0] Includes CA and cover from shelves
[roll1] Necrotic damage and ongoing 5 psychic damage (save ends). On first failed save, takes 5 ongoing psychic damage and weakens (save ends both). On second failed save, takes 10 ongoing psychic damage and is stunned (save ends both).

Caller in Darkness 2 moves to K9-L10, uses its Advantage of Fear power on Kuekemon, and uses Steal Essence on Kuekemon.

Kuekemon is marked and grants combat advantage to the Caller until he saves.
[roll2] Includes CA and cover from shelves
[roll3] Necrotic damage and ongoing 5 psychic damage (save ends). On first failed save, takes 5 ongoing psychic damage and weakens (save ends both). On second failed save, takes 10 ongoing psychic damage and is stunned (save ends both).

Caller in Darkness 3 moves to K7-L8, uses its Advantage of Fear power on Rotgob, and uses Steal Essence on Rotgob.

Rotgob is marked and grants combat advantage to the Caller until he saves.
[roll4] Includes CA and cover from shelves
[roll5] Necrotic damage and ongoing 5 psychic damage (save ends). On first failed save, takes 5 ongoing psychic damage and weakens (save ends both). On second failed save, takes 10 ongoing psychic damage and is stunned (save ends both).

Tormenting Ghost 1 moves to H13 and uses Ghostly Terrain at J13.

Creates zone in area burst 1: Zone is lightly obscured, counts as difficult terrain, and any creature who enters the zone or ends its turn there is immobilized (save ends). For the sake of making the map simpler since there are going to be a lot of these zones, I'm just going to treat every contiguous mass of these zones to be the same zone (so no worries about getting immobilized from moving between them).

Tormenting Ghost 2 moves to H6 and uses Ghostly Terrain at N4.

Creates zone in area burst 1: Zone is lightly obscured, counts as difficult terrain, and any creature who enters the zone or ends its turn there is immobilized (save ends). For the sake of making the map simpler since there are going to be a lot of these zones, I'm just going to treat every contiguous mass of these zones to be the same zone (so no worries about getting immobilized from moving between them).

Hungry Shadows move aimlessly.

Battle Status:Initiative:
Monsters
Allys
Korgan
Kuekemon
Mathas
Patrick
Rotgob

Battle Status:Rotgob:
Marked and grants combat advantage to Caller 3.

Battle Map:
Light blue squares are zones of Ghostly Terrain. They are treated as difficult terrain, creatures in them are lightly obscured, and entering or ending your turn in them immobilizes you (save ends). I'm treating contiguous sections of Ghostly Terrain as a single zone, so moving between any 2 squares of it doesn't immobilize you.http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8651/sotasgroup2fight2.png

opheliagonemad
2009-06-10, 06:56 PM
Allys
Moving next to Rotgob, Allys calls down a Seal of Warding outlined in bright light that seems to be emanating from her Holy Symbol
move to M8. Seal of warding, close burst 3. Creates a zone of difficult terrain until the end of my next term that grants cover to my allies. Sustain zone-minor. attack vs will: Shadow [roll0] C1 [roll1] C2: [roll2] C3: [roll3] Damage (radiant): Hit enemies slowed until the end of my next turn. [roll4] Miss: Half damage.

Nahal
2009-06-10, 08:19 PM
Korgan

Taken aback by the creatures' speed, Korgan forgoes the foe stone in favor of beginning his assault in earnest. Taking aim with his staff, he focuses on a point between the nearest undead beasts. Eat this! he shouts, and a moment later a violent burst of raw magic erupts.

Minor: Chaos Sanctuary to shield Allys, Mathas, Rotgob and Kuekemon in case the blast gets big.
Standard: Attack is vs Reflex and will be centered on L6. [roll0]
Attack rolls: [roll1], [roll2], [roll3]
Move: Shift to P9
Meh. I'll leave the attack rolls as they are, and also note the shift to P9 boots Korgan's AC to 31 and Reflex to 33.

Vox Clamantis
2009-06-10, 10:40 PM
Unable to close with the beasts, Kuekemon steps back and rears onto two legs, hurling a bolt of lighting before his features have even settled from the change.

Storm Spike

[roll0] vs Reflex
[roll1] lightning damage and the target must move 2 squares before my next turn or take another 8 lightning damage.

And there's my natural one. Hot.

The Bushranger
2009-06-11, 12:26 PM
Patrick

Cold for cold, death for death, with this strike I lay you to rest!
Leveling his wand at the fearsome foe, Patrick fires a powerful spell...

Warlock's Curse on CiD1.
Attacking Cid1 with Curse of the Black Frost.
Attack vs Reflex: [roll0] (not sure about covering?)
Damage: [roll1] (half...)
Warlock's Curse Damage: [roll2]

Effect: If the target moves for any reasion, it takes 1d8 cold damage (save endds). If the target saves, you cannot sustain this power
Sustain Minor: The target takes 2d8 cold damage

Awesomologist
2009-06-12, 12:00 AM
Mathas (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=118104), Deva Avenger, Radiant Servant, Punisher of the Gods
Init +11 HP 142/165 Bloodied 82 Healing Surge 41 ( 0 used /10)
AC 40 Fort 29 Reflex 33 Will 33 Speed 6
Str 12 (+11) Con 16 (+13) Dex 12 (+11) Int 22 (+16) Wis 24 (+17) Cha 16 (+13)
Radiant Action - When you spend action point to take action, foe within 5 takes your level in ongoing radiant damage (save ends)

Mathas sighs as the spirits move forward and attack, although once hit by the spirits mind wrecking assault the Deva's pity fades. He faces the Caller that has marked him and speaks his oath, "By decree of the Raven Queen, I will silence your tormented soul." Touching his raven head symbol Mathas releases a burst of of bright radiant light that fills nearly the entire room, searing his foes while only bathing his allies in a warm light. He then steps his way towards his enemy.

Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on CID 1
Standard Action: Solar Wrath, Radiant Close Burst 8, +21 vs. Will

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll=Attack vs Shadow K5]1d20+21
1d20+21
On hit: [roll7] and they are stunned until the end of my next turn (if they are undead, which I'm assuming they are)

Move Action: Move to N6
Also, religion checks to find out more about them:
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
Edit: Trying to fix attacks vs shadows. also forgot my save, I'll roll that in the OOC

NecroRebel
2009-06-12, 03:25 PM
Rotgob's ActionsI've PMed rtg0922 to offer him the defender slot if he's interested. In my experience he's a good player who posts regularly, so hopefully he'll accept and we'll get someone else in soon. When someone new comes in, they'll basically just take Rotgob's place entirely and will otherwise just be retcon'ed in.

Regardless, Rotgob will open with using Crushing Surge on Caller 3.

[roll0]
[roll1] and gains 8 temporary HP.
Marks CiD3 regardless.

OA vs. CiD 2 (for movement; see enemy actions below)
[roll2]
[roll3]
Marks CiD 2

Also, save vs. CA/Mark:
[roll4]

Despite recoiling from the light that Allys and Mathas unleash, the phantasms recover quickly, calling out terrible songs as they attempt to tear your spirits out.

It is now Ally's turn.

Enemy Actions:
Please don't forget to save vs. the Advantage of Fear CA/Mark power and the ongoing damage effect(s) if you're affected by them!Caller in Darkness 1 uses Advantage of Fear on Patrick and uses Double Bite on Mathas.

Patrick grants combat advantage to CiD 1 and is marked by CiD 1 (save ends both).

[roll5] Includes CA and cover (+2 and -2, respectively)
[roll6] Necrotic damage and ongoing 10 Psychic (save ends)
[roll7]
[roll8] Necrotic damage and ongoing 10 Psychic (save ends)

Caller in Darkness 2 moves to N8-M9, provoking opportunity attacks from Rotgob, Allys, and Kuekemon, uses Advantage of Fear on Allys, and uses Double Bite on Allys and Korgan.

Allys grants CA to CiD 2 and is marked by CiD 2 (save ends both)

[roll9] Includes CA and Rotgob's mark (+2 and -2, respectively)
[roll10] Necrotic damage and ongoing 10 Psychic (save ends)
[roll11] Includes CA and mark (+2 and -2, respectively)
[roll12] Necrotic damage and ongoing 10 Psychic (save ends)

Caller in Darkness 3 uses Advantage of Fear on Korgan and uses Steal Essence on Rotgob.

Korgan grants CA to CiD 3 and is marked by CiD 3 (save ends both)

[roll13]
[roll14] Necrotic damage and ongoing 5 psychic damage (save ends). On first failed save, takes 5 ongoing psychic damage and weakens (save ends both). On second failed save, takes 10 ongoing psychic damage and is stunned (save ends both).

Tormenting Ghost 1 moves to N11 and attempts Ghostly Possession on Kuekemon.

[roll15]
If hit, Tormenting Ghost 1 leaves play temporarily and Kuekemon is Dominated (save ends). Ghost comes back into play adjacent to Kuekemon when the Dominated status ends.

Tormenting Ghost 2 is stunned.

Destroyed shadows respawn, other shadows move aimlessly

Saving throws and recharge rolls:
CiD1 vs. Cold [roll16]

Ghost 1 recharge Possession [roll17]

Monsters
Allys
Korgan
Kuekemon
Mathas
Patrick
Rotgob

Battle Status:Rotgob:
Marked and grants combat advantage to Caller 3.

Caller in Darkness 1:
Slowed until end Allys's next turn
Immoblized (save ends)
Under Mathas's Oath of Enmity
Under Patrick's Warlock's Curse
If moves, takes 1d8 Cold (save ends)

Caller in Darkness 2:
Took critical from Allys; needs rolled damage
Marked by Rotgob

Caller in Darkness 3:
Slowed until end Allys's next turn
Marked by Rotgob

Tormenting Ghost 1:
Possessing Kuekemon

Tormenting Ghost 2:
Stunned until end Mathas's next turn

Battle Map:http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8651/sotasgroup2fight2.png

opheliagonemad
2009-06-13, 12:39 AM
After narrowly being missed by the vile creature's attack, Allys Fey steps away from the creatures. When she reappears, she conjures a mantle of bright light. As soon as that prayer leaves her lips, she says the blessing that maintains the Seal of Warding.
teleport to k10. Mantle of glory (vs. will, close blast 5). C1: [roll0] C2: [roll1] C3: [roll2] Shadow,K5 [roll3] ghost [roll4]. Damage (radiant): [roll5]. Sustain seal of warding zone with a minor. Still difficult terrain, allies still have cover.

Nahal
2009-06-13, 01:51 AM
Korgan

Korgan just manages to anticipate the monster's attack and avoids it at the last second, however he decides he has little desire to stay within its reach. Taking a moment to activate his robe's defensive powers, he then moves to Patrick's left though he drops his guard for the sake of covering distance. Once there, he creates another burst in the same area as his previous one. This time, however, the explosion if of multicolored and coruscating light.

Move: P6, provoking an AoO.
Standard: Prismatic Explosion vs Reflex, centered on L6.
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4], [roll5]
[roll=Damage (if hit)]3d12+27
[roll=Damage (if miss)2d12+27
Edit: I'll swap the rolls for CiD3 and the shadow (courtesy of Sorcerous Flux), and do damage rolls OOC. CiD1 takes cold damage and is stunned (save ends), CiD3 takes fire damage, is knocked prone and takes ongoing 10 fire damage (save ends), and Shad takes poison damage with ongoing 15 poison damage (save ends). Targets that are hit take 41 damage, if missed they take 39. Also, forgot to add in the crunch for activating my Stoneskin robes: minor action, I gain 10 temporary HP's.

NecroRebel
2009-06-13, 05:22 PM
Kuekemon's ActionsSince Kuekemon is a bit possessed, I'll take his action for him :smallbiggrin:

Kuekemon runs to N12, provoking an OA, and ends movement due to being immobilized.

Kuekemon is now immobilized (save ends) and dominated (save ends).

Saving throws:
[roll0]
[roll1]
And no, you can't voluntarily fail vs. the immobilize, even if you might normally want to.

Successful save vs. Domination puts Ghost in N11.

Allys's and Korgan's light, pure white and made of many colors, blast and burn the ghostly assailants, leaving one of them smoking slightly as it continues to dissolve under sorcerous fury.

It is now Mathas's turn, then Patrick's, then Bron's.

Enemy Actions:Caller in Darkness 2 takes Spirit Bite opportunity attacks against Korgan and Kuekemon as they move.

[roll2] Includes cover
[roll3] Necrotic damage and ongoing 10 Psychic damage (save ends).
[roll4] Includes cover and CA due to run
[roll5] Necrotic damage and ongoing 10 Psychic damage (save ends).

Monsters
Allys
Korgan
Kuekemon
Mathas
Patrick
Bron

Enemy Status:Caller in Darkness 1:
Stunned (save ends)
Immoblized (save ends)
If moves, takes 1d8 Cold (save ends)

Caller in Darkness 2:
Marked by Bron

Caller in Darkness 3:
Prone
Taking 10 ongoing Fire damage (save ends)
Marked by Bron

Tormenting Ghost 1:

Tormenting Ghost 2:
Stunned until end Mathas's next turn

Battle Map:
I'm... not sure if I've mentioned it to this group, but I'm going out of town today and thus won't have access to MapTools to edit my maps. So, this is going to be the last map for a short while, though I will have access to my combat notes and PDFs. The game will go on, in other words, just... no clear tactical ability for a few days.
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8651/sotasgroup2fight2.png

Awesomologist
2009-06-13, 09:37 PM
Under the effects of the Caller's attacks, Mathas swings his glowing blade at the large ghost.

Just a few notes: Mathas is under several conditions and I wanted to check and make sure my bookkeeping is correct.
Mathas has resisted all but 3 points of Necrotic Damage (Yay Deva!).
Mathas has 2 save ends effects on him
- 5 ongoing Psychic and Weakened
- 10 ongoing Psychic
I only take 10 points of damage since both are of the same type (Psychic).
I should then be currently at 147/165 HP and weakened.

[roll0] or [roll1] vs AC, Use Highest. I did not at +2 from Combat Advantage since I'm not sure if the book case is providing it cover.
[roll2] Radiant Damage. The next attack that hits or misses me causes 6 Radiant Damage to CiD 1. Damage is 1/2 due to Weakened status.

[roll3]
[roll4]

RTGoodman
2009-06-14, 02:15 AM
Brom

I know Patrick hasn't gone yet, but I wanted to get a post in tonight and, well, it's already late. I'm pretty sure nothing will change unless his fey powers completely change the battlefield.

Spinning his glaive a few times through the air in the tight space, the half-orc spits at the spirits, "Ghosts, huh? I've sent more o' your type on to the Raven Queen than I can even count."

Lashing out with the weapon, he strikes at the two large figures before tumbling to the side to strike at the ghost that recently possessed the druid.

Alright, last time I played in a PbP I seem to remember some pretty ridiculously bad rolls. Lets see how it goes this time. :smalltongue:

Standard Action: Use gale of steel, attack CiD 2 and Cid 3, then shift (part of the power) to N10 to repeat the attack against Ghost 1. (By the way, with gauntlets of destruction, I'm just gonna do the damage as 4d3+4 instead of 4d4 rerolling 1s. It's mathematically the same, I believe.)

CiD 2: [roll0] vs. AC
-EDIT: Whoo! Crit on 19-20 with HBM! Rolling in the OOC!

CiD 3: [roll2] vs. AC
Damage: [roll3]

Ghost 1: [roll4] vs. AC (+2 for flanking with Kuekemon)

All three are marked, and with Daunting Challenge their attack penalty for being marked is -3 instead of -2.

Save vs. Advantage of Fear: [roll6]

HP: 160/160
Surges: 12/12
Conditions: Marked by CiD3; granting CA to CiD3

NecroRebel
2009-06-16, 01:29 PM
Patrick's ActionsSince Patrick can't attack without provoking an OA, and can't move without the same, he's just going to move to P11 and use Eldritch Blast on Ghost 1 after Warlock's Cursing it.

[roll0] Includes cover from bookshelf.
...Also, you don't have the +2 free expertise bonus from the houserules added into your attack stats on your character sheet. Everyone gets a +2 bonus to all attack rolls to compensate for the slower growth of attack bonuses than monster defense bonuses; that is why I banned the Expertise feats, because they do the same thing.
[roll1] + [roll2]

Once more, the various specters spin around, their ghostly appendages tearing into and through your flesh like it wasn't even there as they attempt to bring you into the spirit realm that they so angrily inhabit.

It is now Allys's turn.

Enemy ActionsCaller in Darkness 1 is stunned.

Caller in Darkness 2 uses Double Bite on Bron.

[roll3]
[roll4] Necrotic damage and ongoing 10 Psychic damage (save ends)
[roll5]
[roll6] Necrotic damage and ongoing 10 Psychic damage (save ends)

Caller in Darkness 3 stands from prone and uses Double Bite on Bron

[roll7]
[roll8] Necrotic damage and ongoing 10 Psychic damage (save ends)
[roll9]
[roll10] Necrotic damage and ongoing 10 Psychic damage (save ends)

Tormenting Ghost 1 uses Burst of Terror and moves to I16.

Attacks vs. Will
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]

[roll17] Necrotic damage, push 5, and become Dazed and Immobilized (save ends both)

Tormenting Ghost 2 moves to J9 and attempts Ghostly Possession on Allys.

[roll18]
On hit, ghost disappears and Allys is Dominated (save ends).

Destroyed shadows respawn.

Saving throws and Recharges:

Caller in Darkness 1:
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]

Caller in Darkness 3:
[roll22]

Tormenting Ghost 1:
[roll23]
[roll24]

Tormenting Ghost 2:
[roll25]

Monsters
Allys
Korgan
Kuekemon
Mathas
Patrick
Bron

Stunned (save ends)

Caller in Darkness 2:
Marked by Bron

Caller in Darkness 3:
Marked by Bron

Tormenting Ghost 1:
Marked by Bron

Tormenting Ghost 2:

No map since I can't make it today :smallannoyed:

opheliagonemad
2009-06-16, 09:39 PM
Allys

Is possessed. Save for after her action is taken for her: [roll0] Actually, crud, I am going to use my daily item power on my periapt of wisdom +4, which will give me +5 to my wisdom defense vs possession. (sorry, didn't have my books in front of me when I saw the possession attack and forgot I had that interrupt. Sacred Flame against the ghost that tried to possess me, attack roll to be made in the OOC thread

Nahal
2009-06-16, 10:22 PM
Korgan

Shrugging off the Ghost's attack, Korgan once more unleashes an arcane assault against the creatures besetting the party. this time, violent currents of air slam into the Callers and attempt to toss them around the field.

Hokay, adjudicating this stuff is always fun. Using Thunder Summons, targeting the three Callers.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
Since the first roll was even my AC is boosted by 1 (to 32, courtesy of Chaos Power) until the start of my next turn.
Edit: Eww. Okay, so I'll swap the attack rolls between 1 and 3. If the attack vs 3 hits, it'll go to L2-M3 (placing it adjacent to CiD1 and putting part of its space in the immobilization zone).
If the attack vs 2 hits, it will move to N4-O5, also placing it within the immobilization zone.
If the attack vs 1 hits, it'll be teleported into the exact same space it currently occupies (since it'll be adjacent to CiD3 as it is).
Move: Shift to P7 if CiD2 gets teleported, otherwise shift to P5. either way, my AC stays at 32 and Reflex at 33.

Vox Clamantis
2009-06-17, 02:29 AM
Kuekemon is Dazed and a bunch of other stuff, so don't expect much out of him.

Reeling from the spirits' attacks, but feeling otherwise none the worse for wear, Kuekemon holds up his staff and calls upon the spirits to rally his companions. The staff blurs in his hands, taking the form of a great bone hunting horn on which he blows a high, clear note that shatters the stillness of the library.

Yup, Horns of the Undefeated Khan as my sole action this turn. Targeting any one of the Callers I can see by the time my end comes around.

[roll0] vs Reflex
[roll1] damage
Effect: Allies gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls and a +5 bonus to
damage rolls against the target. As a free action before your next turn, each ally within 20 squares of the target can make a saving throw and shift 3 squares as the first action of his or her turn.

The Bushranger
2009-06-17, 02:20 PM
Patrick

Heartened by the blast of Kukemon's horn, Patrick targets the same Caller and lets fly.

Um....did he hit Caller #1? :smalltongue:

Eldritch Blast: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] [roll2]

RTGoodman
2009-06-17, 09:09 PM
Bron

Reeling and dizzy from the ghosts terrifying attack, the brilliant horn blast brings Bron to his senses momentarily. "Alright, you dead bastards, gimme a little breathin' room here." Waiting a moment to strike, Bron swats at the towering undead, seeking to push it away from himself and his companions.

If the 3-square shift from Kuekemon won't count as my action for the turn (i.e., if it's a free action), I'll shift up to L8 with that and then make my attack.

Trying to take an enemy out of combat for a turn, let's use leveraging strike and hopefully push CiD2 8 squares straight down/south. I've got +2 atk from Kuekemon, but -2 since I'm still marked by CiD3. :smallannoyed:

Attack vs. CiD2: [roll0] vs. AC
Hit: [roll1] damage, and the target is pushed 8 squares and knocked prone.
Effect: CiD2 is marked (-3 atk)

Save (vs. Mark, CA): [roll2]
Save (vs. Immobilized, Dazed): [roll3]

EDIT: Damn! Stupid saving throws!

HP: 148/160

Conditions:
-Marked and granting CA to CiD 3 (save ends)
-Dazed and Immobilized (save ends).

Awesomologist
2009-06-17, 10:14 PM
Mathas

Free of the psychic ravaging of the dark spirits, Mathas redoubles his efforts and brings down his radiant blade on the large ghost before him

OOC: Woops I thought I had been pushed. Sorry for the late post.

Standard Action: Light of the Avenging Sun on CiD 1
[roll0] or [roll1] vs AC, Use Highest Roll.
[roll2]
On Hit: The target takes a -4 penalty to attack rolls against Mathas until the end of my next turn
Also, If the attack hits I will use my Immortal Curse on the target.

NecroRebel
2009-06-17, 11:27 PM
PatrickAre you sure your damage is right? You're level 21+, so your at-wills get 2 damage dice instead of only 1. I think your Eldritch Blast should've been 2d10+15 there, not 1d10+15. And the 1d6... That was your Curse damage, right (which you don't get, since it was against CiD2 who is not cursed)? Again, you're level 21+, so that should've scaled up to 3d6, unless you're using something that I'm failing to track...

The undead monstrosities seem unconcerned with spell and sword, even as they burn away the ectoplasm that makes up their 'flesh.' Once more, they surge forward, trying yet again to take you down and make you part of them.

Enemy Actions:First, Tormenting Ghost 2 takes an OA against Allys (provoked by ranged attack in melee).

[roll0]
[roll1] Necrotic

Then, Caller in Darkness 1 remains stunned.

Caller in Darkness 2 moves to N8-O9, uses Advantage of Fear against Bron, and uses Steal Essence against Bron.

Bron is marked by, and grants combat advantage to, Caller in Darkness 2 (save ends) - overwrites previous one.

[roll2] Includes cover and CA
[roll3] Necrotic damage, and ongoing 5 psychic (save ends). First failed save takes ongoing 5 psychic and weakens (save ends both). Second failed save takes ongoing 10 psychic and stuns (save ends both).

Caller in Darkness 3 moves to H8-I9, uses Advantage of Fear against Allys, and uses Steal Essence against Allys.

Allys is marked by, and grants combat advantage to, Caller in Darkness 2 (save ends) - overwrites previous one.

[roll4] Includes cover and CA
[roll5] Necrotic damage, and ongoing 5 psychic (save ends). First failed save takes ongoing 5 psychic and weakens (save ends both). Second failed save takes ongoing 10 psychic and stuns (save ends both).

Tormenting Ghost 1 moves to L11 and attempts Ghostly Possession on Allys.

[roll6] Includes cover and CA
On hit, ghost disappears and Allys is Dominated (save ends). Ghost reappears adjacent to Allys when save vs. Dominate is made.

Ghost 2 shifts to I10 and uses Ghostly Terrain at L9.

Shadows move randomly.

Recharge Rolls and Saving Throws:
Caller in Darkness 1:
[roll7]

Caller in Darkness 3:
[roll8]

Ghost 1:
[roll9]
[roll10]

Ghost 2:
[roll11]

Monsters
Allys
Korgan
Kuekemon
Mathas
Patrick
Bron

Takes -4 attack vs. Mathas until end Mathas's next turn
Under Mathas's Immortal Curse

Caller in Darkness 2:
Marked by Bron
Until end Kuekemon's next turn, gain +2 attack and +5 damage vs. Caller

Caller in Darkness 3:

Tormenting Ghost 1:

Tormenting Ghost 2:

Battle Map:http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8651/sotasgroup2fight2.png

Vox Clamantis
2009-06-17, 11:47 PM
Still rooted in place by evil magics, Kuekemon raises his staff high and hurls a bolt of lightning at one of the larger phantoms.

Storm Spike @ CiD 2
[roll0] vs Reflex
[roll1] lightning damage and the target takes 8 lightning damage if it doesn't move at least 2 squares during its next turn.

:smallsigh: Wow. Rolls of epic suck continue for poor Kuekemon, the little gnoll that couldn't...

RTGoodman
2009-06-18, 11:22 PM
Bron

Bron, still partly frozen in fear, strikes out once again at the ghost before him.

Attack CiD2 with anvil of doom.

Attack vs. AC: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] damage and the target is dazed until the end of Bron's next turn. The target is marked (-3) regardless.

Save vs. Mark, CA: [roll2]
Save vs. Dazed, Immobilized: [roll3]

HP: 148/160

Conditions:
-Dazed and immobilized (save ends).

Nahal
2009-06-19, 01:42 AM
Korgan

I've had enough of you screwing with our heads, Korgan says angrily, now it's your turn! Leveling his staff at the immobilized caller, crackling purple energy arcs from the crystal at its tip onto the Caller singled out by Kuekemon. The sorceror's attack directly assaults the monster's mind, overwhelming it with images and sensations associated with Korgan's past battles. Afterwards he shifts behind the book-case, taking him out of the no-longer-stunned Caller's direct line of attack.

...And it's still on fire! Cue cheesy disco music!
Standard: Chaos Bolt, since the attack chains on an even attack roll I'll list the maximum possible # of attacks in the order I want them executed. All attacks are vs Will, and on a hit the target takes -2 to its next attack roll. Sorcerous Flux doesn't apply here.
, [roll1]
[roll-CiD1 Secondary Attack]1d20+25,
[roll-CiD3 Secondary Attack]1d20+23,
[roll-Ghost 2 Secondary Attack]1d20+23,
[roll-Ghost 1 Secondary Attack]1d20+23, [roll5]
Move: Shift 1 sqaure E, discard minor. AC drops to 31, reflex stays at 33.
It doesn't say that the secondary attack's damage scales up once I reach epic, so I've kept it at 1d6 damage.
Well, the good news is the botched rolls didn't matter anyway. But Caller 2 does eat some damage.

Awesomologist
2009-06-19, 08:49 AM
Mathas

Companions struggling, Mathas continues to beat on the foe before him.

OOC - I may as well be dazed/immobilized since I'm only able to use my Standard Action effectively. This is good to know though and something to prepare for with my other Avenger builds. Also realized I wasted my last attack power. I thought CiD 1 was no longer stunned...

Standard Action - Bond of Retribution
[roll0] or [roll1] (use highest roll) vs. AC
[roll2] Radiant damage and the first time someone else hits or misses Mathas with an attack the target takes an extra 6 Radiant damage.

opheliagonemad
2009-06-19, 06:36 PM
Allys
Calling on Avandra, Allys conjures a Fire Storm down, centered over Bron.
She the sustains her seal of warding once more.

attack vs reflex: caller1 [roll0] caller2 [roll1] caller3[roll2] ghost1 [roll3] ghost2 [roll4] shadow [roll5] Damage, fire [roll6] Miss=half damage. save, CA/Mark [roll7] save, ongoing damage [roll8]. Also, y'all may kill me for this, but apparently it is a feature of my paragon path that any insubstantial creature I hit with a radiant attack loses the insubstantial quality (weighty soul).

Nahal
2009-06-19, 06:53 PM
Necro may kill you, since we're now hoping he'll go back and calculate which entities have been taking full damage off which attacks:smallbiggrin:

NecroRebel
2009-06-19, 07:14 PM
Also, y'all may kill me for this, but apparently it is a feature of my paragon path that any insubstantial creature I hit with a radiant attack loses the insubstantial quality (weighty soul).

I knew something like that existed, but since no one said, "Ooh, I have this spiffy anti-insubstantial feature!" I didn't pay attention and assumed no one had it :smallannoyed:

Necro may kill you, since we're now hoping he'll go back and calculate which entities have been taking full damage off which attacks:smallbiggrin:

You can hope that, but I'm thinking that it just isn't going to happen. When I make a mistake because I'm not paying attention, I'll go back and fix it, but when you make a mistake because you're not paying attention, I think you should live with it :smallannoyed:

Waiting on Patrick again... If Bushranger hasn't posted by tonight I'll take his actions for him again.

opheliagonemad
2009-06-19, 08:38 PM
No, I was assuming it wouldn't be retroactive because it wouldn't be fair to make Necro do all that work because of my screwup. However, can it suddenly start working with any future radiant attacks, or is it going to be held off until the next encounter? *sigh* This is what I get for deciding things would be easier to keep track of if I put it into the Character Builder from D&DI.

NecroRebel
2009-06-19, 09:29 PM
No, I was assuming it wouldn't be retroactive because it wouldn't be fair to make Necro do all that work because of my screwup. However, can it suddenly start working with any future radiant attacks, or is it going to be held off until the next encounter? *sigh* This is what I get for deciding things would be easier to keep track of if I put it into the Character Builder from D&DI.

It'll happen from now on; just remember to tell me when it happens so I'm sure not to forget myself :smallwink: I'm not likely to, now that I know it should be happening, but it's best to be certain, right?

Nahal
2009-06-19, 10:00 PM
Notice I said "hoping," not "expecting" :smalltongue:. I actually forgot about one or two of my tricks; Chaos sorcerors have a lot of stuff that depends on die rolls and so isn't factored into stats.

Vox Clamantis
2009-06-19, 10:40 PM
Kuekemon really feels useless. I made some bad decisions. :smallfrown:

The Bushranger
2009-06-20, 02:11 AM
Patrick levels his wand at Ghost #1.
Begone with ye, foul spirit!

Warlock's Curse on G1 if he hasn't done it already.
Eldritch Blast on G1.
Attack:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1] [roll2]

NecroRebel
2009-06-20, 01:25 PM
The divine flames that Allys calls into being burns the spirits, just as light and flame have burned them before, but this time, something is different. Two of the larger ghosts seem to become tattered and frayed, pieces of their being, other poor souls that they must have consumed in the past, breaking free. The pained spirits rip themselves free, swirling about you with agonizing wails, and then vanish, disappearing into the walls.

The loss of some of their power doesn't much phase the phantoms, however, as they continue their attempt to murder you and, it seems obvious now, add your souls to their own.

It is now Allys's turn.

Enemy Actions:Tormenting Ghost 1 takes another opportunity attack against Allys (provoked by using an area burst attack in melee).

[roll0]
[roll1] Necrotic damage.

Caller in Darkness 2 becomes bloodied, triggering Soulstorm.

Attacks vs. Reflex
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6] Psychic damage and [roll7] Necrotic damage. If hit, Bron also takes ongoing 5 psychic damage and ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends both).

Caller in Darkness 3 becomes bloodied, triggering Soulstorm.

[roll8]
[roll9] Psychic damage and [roll10] Necrotic damage, ongoing 5 psychic damage, and ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends both)

Enemies' turn:

Caller in Darkness 1 moves to J8-K9, provoking an OA from Mathas (and, if he wishes to try his Polearm Gamble, Bron), uses Advantage of Fear on Bron, and uses Steal Essence on Bron.

Bron grants CA and is marked by CiD1 until save.

[roll11]
[roll12] Necrotic damage and ongoing 5 psychic damage (save ends). On first failed save, takes 5 ongoing psychic damage and weakens (save ends both). On second failed save, takes 10 ongoing psychic damage and is stunned (save ends both).

Caller in Darkness 2 uses Advantage of Fear on Korgan and uses Double Bite on Korgan.

Korgan grants CA and is marked by CiD2 until save.

[roll13]
[roll14] Necrotic damage and ongoing 10 psychic damage (save ends)
[roll15]
[roll16] Necrotic damage and ongoing 10 psychic damage (save ends)

Caller in Darkness 3 moves to L12-M13, uses Advantage of Fear on Allys, and uses Double Bite on Allys.

Allys grants CA and is marked by CiD3 until save.

[roll17]
[roll18] Necrotic damage and ongoing 10 psychic damage (save ends)
[roll19]
[roll20] Necrotic damage and ongoing 10 psychic damage (save ends)

Tormenting Ghost 1 attempts Ghostly Possession on Allys.

[roll21]
On hit, ghost disappears and Allys is Dominated (save ends). Ghost reappears adjacent to Allys when domination ends.

Tormenting Ghost 2 moves to N10, provoking an opportunity attack from Allys, and uses Burst of Terror.

Attacks vs. Will
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]

[roll28] Necrotic damage, push 5, immobilized, and dazed (save ends both).
Edit:...Well, that was effective. Hit only Patrick, and there's no place to push him.

Destroyed shadow respawns, rest move randomly.

Saving throws and Recharge Rolls:
Caller 1:
[roll29]

Caller 3:
[roll30]
[roll31]

Ghost 1:
[roll32]
[roll33]

Ghost 2:
[roll34]

Monsters
Allys
Korgan
Kuekemon
Mathas
Patrick
Bron

Enemy Status:Caller 1:
Advantage of Fear vs. Patrick
Advantage of Fear vs. Bron

Caller 2:
Bloodied
Marked by Bron
Advantage of Fear vs. Kuekemon
Advantage of Fear vs. Korgan

Caller 3:
Bloodied
Advantage of Fear vs. Allys

Ghost 1:

Battle Map:http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/8651/sotasgroup2fight2.png

Sorry if I've seemed distracted the past couple of days. Circumstances in the other group have lead to a massive battle being in the works, and it's taking a lot of my attention.

Nahal
2009-06-20, 02:03 PM
Korgan

The grim satisfaction Korgan takes in seeing the Callers become visibly wounded begins to wither as the horrid energies from the nearest one erupt, and Korgan is not quite able to avoid the blast. The buffer created by his robe absorbs the better part of the blast, but the sorceror is nonetheless wounded by the assault. The following attacks against him fail to find purchase, however; the Caller's bites are easily avoided and the Ghost's assault on Korgan's mind is rebuffed by the sheer force of his ego. This quickly restores his morale, and he once more returns the Caller's mental assaults with one of his own. That one hurt, eh? Korgan shouts. Here's another! This time a wave of purple energy rockets from Korgan's staff and slams into the wounded Caller like a hammer, threatening to send it reeling physically as well as mentally. After landing the blow, Korgan shifts himself backward to move out of the monster's reach for the moment.

Well that eats all my temporary HP's. Firing off [roll0] against CiD2's Will. On a hit, it takes [roll1] and is knocked prone, with an additional secondary effect depending on whether the attack roll's even.
Odd: Slide up to 5 squares, which in this case will be 1S to keep it within Patrick's and my line of fire (and grant CA next turn, via Distant Advantage?)
Even: The Caller cannot stand up until the end of my next turn.
Edit: forgot saving throw! Also, Korgan's AC is pumped to 32 via Chaos Power and Boots of the Fencing Master, while Reflex remains at 33 from the latter. Shifting to P5, rolling save in OOC.
If the attack hits, Caller 2 takes a -2 on its next attack roll due to brain-lock.

HP: 117/136
Surges Remaining: 11/11
Defenses: AC 32 Fort 32 Ref 33 Will 37
Ongoing Effects: Marked by and granting CA to CiD2

RTGoodman
2009-06-20, 02:46 PM
Bron

As the ghosts swirl around seeming to become more substantial, they also seem to become more dangerous. Brom is hit by several attacks, leaving him winded, but still manages to lay into a foe that moves to close.

I'll use Polearm Gamble (and Heavy Blade Opportunity) to hit CiD1 with footwork lure as my OA.

Opportunity Attack vs. CiD1: 38 vs. AC (rolled in OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6331430&postcount=278))
Hit: [roll0] damage, the enemy ends its movement (Combat Superiority), I shift to L9, and CiD1 is pushed to K7-L8 AND knocked prone.

If it hits, with all that happens, does it still have enough turn left to attack me? And if it does, does being prone mean it at least takes some penalty on its attack? If it's bigger than a -2 penalty, then it'll miss. (Don't have my books on me to check; sorry.)

Reeling from the many attacks, spins from his current opponent to attempt an attack against the smaller foe behind him, daring the other specters to attack Bron himself rather than his allies. "You'll still have to do better than that to take MY soul. I've got more important things to do with it!"

Get hit for ongoing 5 psychic damage and ongoing 5 necrotic damage from soulstorm from Steal Essence. That second bit of ongoing psychic damage, from CiD1's attack, doesn't effect me, right, since you only get hit with the biggest source of ongoing damage?

As my one action :smallannoyed:, I'll use warrior's challenge on ghost 1.

Attack: 33 vs. AC (rolled in OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6331430&postcount=278))
Hit: [roll1] damage, and the target is pushed 4 squares and knocked prone. (So, I guess, he's just knocked prone.)
Effect: All enemies within 2 squares of the target are marked by me. (I believe, looking at the map, that this hits all three Callers and both Ghosts.)

Saving Throws:
Marked, CA vs. CiD1: [roll2]
Dazed, Immobilized: [roll3]
Ongoing 5 Psychic/5 Necrotic Damage: [roll4]
Ongoing 5 Psychic Damage: [roll5]

HP: 143/160
Surges Remaining: 12/12
Conditions: Marked, CA vs. CiD1 (save ends).

Vox Clamantis
2009-06-20, 03:52 PM
Breaking free of the spectral feelers, Kuekmon takes the form of a great bear and swipes a paw at the large ghost in front of him as he steps to one side.

Standard: Savage Rend @ CiD-3
[roll0] vs Reflex
[roll1] damage and CiD-3 slides north one square.

Move: Shift W one square.

Awesomologist
2009-06-20, 08:21 PM
Mathas

As the dark shadow moves away, Mathas quickly strikes with his blade.

Opportunity Attack: Melee Basic Attack
[roll0] or [roll1] vs AC.
[roll2] Radiant Damage (using verbose rolling because I remembered I have Gauntlets of Destruction equipped!)

In a burst of flame the deva teleports from between the bookshelves and an reappears standing atop the table behind the dark shadow, "You'll not get away so easily from me!" Mathas' words are quickly followed by his glowing blade.

Move Action: Use Fireburst Boots and teleport to... I think I8 however I'm not sure where CiD1 is or where Bron is exactly. I'd like to teleport to a square behind the CiD where I can gain flanking and not be adjacent to any other creature besides CiD1.

[roll3] or [roll4] vs AC.
[roll5] Radiant Damage
On Hit: Target takes an additional 6 Radiant damage is any other creature attacks me (hit or miss)

The Bushranger
2009-06-21, 09:32 AM
Patrick

Rallying against the assault against him, the warlock targets the smaller ghost, gritting his teeth...

Warlock's Curse on Ghost 2.
Use Whispers of the Fey (CHA vs Will)
Daily - Arcane, Implement, Psychic
Standard Action - Close burst 5
Target: Each enemy in burst - Attack: CHA vs Will
Hit: The target must make a basic attack against tis nearest ally (you choose the target if there are multiple possible targets). If it can't make the attack, it takes 2d8+6 psychic damage.
Effect: After it makes its attack or takes psychic damage, the target is dazed (save ends)
Against...
Ghost 2: [roll0] (WC damage: [roll1])
CiD 2: [roll2]
Ghost 1: [roll3]
Cid 3: [roll4]
Cid 1 (if in range - I'm not sure...): [roll5]

opheliagonemad
2009-06-22, 12:20 AM
Allys
Is dominated. Waiting for Necro to take my actions. Saves: vs. Dominate: [roll0] vs. CA/mark [roll1] vs. ongoing [roll2]

NecroRebel
2009-06-22, 02:34 PM
Allys's Action:Somehow I forgot the possession hit :smallredface: Wups.

Anyway, Allys is going to run to K5, provoking an OA from CiD1 and putting her in a hungry shadow square.

KuekemonCaller 3 couldn't slide north 1 square (even phasing creatures have to end movement in clear squares), so I moved it east 1 instead.

MathasIt's impossible for you to be both flanking CiD1 and not adjacent to Allys and the shadow. I'm guessing that you would prefer to flank, so I put you in L6 instead

BronGhost 1 isn't on the map at the moment due to being Allys instead, and her moving away. I'm guessing that you would rather attack CiD2, since it has taken the most damage and will give you the most marks.

As it ghosts away from Mathas, the last Caller in Darkness tears apart, leaving another swirling fountain of spirits behind as it rushes to attack other, softer targets.

The spirit possessing Allys shows through, a wicked smile on her face as her eyes glow black. She laughs as she rushes by the other spirits, leaving her flesh wide open for them to grasp, as she moves to leap into the clouds of darkness that seem to endlessly come from the small pits in the floor. Beneath the mask, the original begins to feel the shadows crawling up her legs... and the flesh getting stripped from them as they do.

It is now Ally's turn again (which, due to her still being possessed, I'm just going to take now), then Korgan's.

Enemy Actions:After Mathas takes his OA vs. CiD1, it is bloodied and uses Soulstorm.

[roll0]
[roll1] Psychic and [roll2] Necrotic damage.

Then, as Allys runs by, CiD1 takes an OA against her. Bron may use his immediate action this round to take his Combat Challenge basic attack (note, because many people seem not to realize this, that this is not an opportunity attack, thus Heavy Blade Opportunity does not allow using an at-will power) due to a marked foe attacking and not including him.

[roll3] Includes CA, cover, and mark
[roll4] necrotic damage and ongoing 10 psychic (save ends)

Then, Patrick's power forces CiD1 to attack Ghost2.

[roll5]
[roll6] Necrotic damage and ongoing 10 psychic (save ends)

On its turn, CiD1 will use Steal Essence on Bron.

[roll7]
[roll8] Necrotic damage and ongoing 5 psychic damage (save ends). On first failed save, take ongoing 5 psychic and weakens (save ends both). On second failed save, take ongoing 10 psychic and stuns (save ends both).

Caller in Darkness 2 will use Double Bite on Patrick.

[roll9]
[roll10] Necrotic and ongoing 10 psychic (save ends)
[roll11]
[roll12] Necrotic and ongoing 10 psychic (save ends)
You guys stacked a lot of penalties on this one... Cover, mark, prone, and on the first attack, mindlock.

Caller in Darkness 3 will use Double Bite on Kuekemon.

[roll13]
[roll14] Necrotic and ongoing 10 psychic (save ends)
[roll15]
[roll16] Necrotic and ongoing 10 psychic (save ends)

Ghost 1 will continue possessing Allys.

Ghost 2 will attempt to possess Kuekemon.

[roll17]
On hit, Kuekemon is Dominated (save ends) and Ghost 2 disappears until save is successful.

The Hungry Shadow beneath Allys attacks her.

[roll18]
[roll19] and 5 ongoing (save ends).
First failed save: 10 ongoing (save ends)
Second failed save: 10 ongoing and blind (save ends both)
Third failed save: 15 ongoing and blind (save ends both)
Fourth failed save: 15 ongoing and blind and deaf (save ends all)
Fifth failed save: 15 ongoing and deaf (save ends both) and blind (no save)

The rest of the shadows move randomly.

Saving throws and Recharge rolls:
Caller 1:
[roll20]

Caller 2:
[roll21]

Caller 3:
[roll22]

Ghost 1:
[roll23]
[roll24]
[roll25]

Ghost 2:
[roll26]
[roll27]

Allys's next round's actions:Allys uses Sacred Flame on Mathas.

[roll28]
[roll29], and Caller in Darkness 1 gains 14 temporary HP.

Allys's saving throws:
vs. Domination - (1d20)[18]
[roll30]

Monsters
Allys
Korgan
Kuekemon
Mathas
Patrick
Bron

Bloodied
Marked by Bron
Takes 6 radiant if anything else attacks Mathas

Caller in Darkness 2:
Bloodied
Prone
Cannot stand until end Korgan's next turn
Marked by Bron
Advantage of Fear vs. Kuekemon
Advantage of Fear vs. Korgan

Caller in Darkness 3:
Bloodied

Ghost 1:
Dazed (save ends)

Ghost 2:
Marked by Bron
Dazed (save ends)
Taking ongoing 10 psychic damage (save ends)

Battle Map:http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8651/sotasgroup2fight2.png

Nahal
2009-06-22, 03:00 PM
Korgan

Seeing his attacks on the Caller's mind continue to bear fruit, Korgan presses the assault in an effort to rip apart what he guesses is basically a swarm of subservient souls into its components. Flee! he shouts, the command addressed to those self-same souls rather than the Caller's overmind. As the violet lightning arcs out from his staff and tears into the Caller, the fear he had been concealing dissipates utterly. He smiles, and moves a step closer.

I should have started the round in P5, and will be shifting into P6 to keep my defenses bolstered. P5 is a valid square for standing, no?
[roll0] vs CiD2 will, assuming I can use Distant Advantage otherwise reduce the result by 2 since it's Prone. On a hit, it takes [roll1] and takes -2 on its next attack roll.
Again, I'll put down the maximum number secondary attacks in the order I want them resolved in case it's relevant. Any creature hit by a secondary attack takes the same -2 on its next attack roll, but if a secondary attack misses the chain is broken just as if I'd rolled an odd number.
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4], [roll5]
[roll6], [roll7]
[roll8], [roll9]
Move: Shift to P6, which maintains my +1 to AC and Reflex.
Chaos Power gives me a free saving throw, which I'll take in addition to my normal one in hopes of shaking Advantage of Fear. Rolls in OOC.
I get a +1 on my next attack due to the Arcane Spellfury feat, assuming the attack hits. I forgot about that one before, though I still hit last round.

HP: 117/136
Surges Remaining: 11/11
Defenses: AC 31 Fort 32 Ref 33 Will 37
Ongoing Effects: +1 on next attack roll

Vox Clamantis
2009-06-22, 03:11 PM
Sandwiched between two book-cases, Kuekemon flashes into the form of a displacer beast and bites at the Ghost nearest to him, tentacles waving over his back to threaten against retaliation.

Claws of Retribution @ Ghost 2
[roll0] vs Reflex
[roll1] damage and until the end of
his next turn, he can make a melee basic attack with a +5 bonus as an opportunity action against any enemy adjacent to him that hits or misses with an attack.

RTGoodman
2009-06-22, 04:45 PM
Bron

In a flurry of combat, one of the large ghosts makes an attack against Allys, and Bron takes the opportunity to make his own.

Combat Challenge melee basic attack against CiD1. I'm pretty sure Mathas and I flanking it at this point, but if not, it's a -2 attack.

Attack vs. CiD1: [roll0] vs. AC
Hit: [roll1] damage, and it's marked

Finally breaking free of the immobilizing effects of the ghostly terrain, Bron dashes to the side, stabbing at the prone ghost fighting the druid before flipping around to strike at the nearest ghost with a follow-through strike.

With a rush of adrenaline, he also harries the large prone ghost further away, preventing it from leaving its current position.

I'll use my move action to shift down and left one to M8, and then use cleave on Ghost 2. (I've got -2 to hit from being marked still, but it's prone, so it evens out.)

Attack vs. Ghost 2: [roll2] vs. AC
Hit: [roll3] damage and Ghost 2 is marked (-3), and CiD1 takes 8 damage.

IF I HIT, I'll use furious assault to add [roll4] damage to Ghost 2.

I'm also gonna use an Action Point to take an extra attack after I move. I'll use dance of steel against CiD2.

Attack vs. CiD2: [roll5]
Hit: [roll]4d3+20 [28] damage (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6344796&postcount=295), the target is marked (-3), and it's immobilized until the end of my next turn.

Saving Throw:
Marked, CA vs. CiD1: [roll6]

HP: 143/160
Conditions: Marked, CA vs. CiD1 (still :smallannoyed:)

Awesomologist
2009-06-24, 03:20 PM
Mathas

Seared by a blast of radiant fire from Allys, Mathas winces, more out of surprise than pain. The cleric however seems to eject the ghost from her though which gives Mathas an idea. He swings his blade in a crackling arch of radiant power at the larger spirit pinned between Bron and himself, causing nearby books and other objects to wink out of existence for a moment and reappear elsewhere in the room.

Standard Action: Splinter the Formation vs CiD1
[roll0] or [roll1] vs AC
[roll2] Radiant Damage EDIT: Guantlets of Destruction - Reroll 1's See OOC
On Hit: Teleport the ghost 7 squares North East away from Allys.

HP: 129/165
Surges: 10/10

The Bushranger
2009-06-24, 03:23 PM
Patrick

Smirking to himself as he dodges the Caller's attacks, Patrick levels his wand at it and attempts to command it to his will - and as his blast leaves the wand, he sees Allys, and his eyes widen, as his wand swings to her...

Warlock's Curse on CiD2
Using Will of the Feywild on CiD2.
Encounter - Arcane, Charm, Implement, Psychic
Standard Action - Ranged 10
Target: One creature - Attack: CHA vs Will
Hit: 2d8+6 psychic damage. You can teleport the target 5 squares, whereupon it makes a melee basic attack against an adjacent creature of your choice.
Effect: The target is dazed until the end of its next turn.
Damage: [roll1] [roll2] + teleport 5 squares straight "up" to attack CiD1.

Using Majestic Word on Allys.
Daily - Arcane, Healing
Minor Action - Close burst 15
Target: You or one ally in burst
Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regains 4d6+6 additional hit points. You also slide the target 1 square.
HP regained: [roll3] and slide to L5.

NecroRebel
2009-06-24, 05:51 PM
As a barrage of magical power splits and corrals the weakened Caller in Darkness, Bron's glaive spins in a wide arc, first tearing through the fringes of the stronger Caller's being, then slices the possessing Ghost's spectral robes, before the tip lodges itself into something solid. The weaker Caller screams and thrashes about the glaive's blade, the countless spirits that make up its body scattering into the floor and ceiling as it melts away, before disappearing in an almost-inaudible pop. The only remnants of the mighty spirit's existence is a thin layer of goo, softly glowing as it covers the floorstones and bookshelves.

It is now Allys's turn.

Caller in Darkness 1 uses Advantage of Fear against Mathas and Steal Essence on Bron.

Mathas grants CA and is marked by CiD1 until save.

[roll0]
[roll1] and ongoing 5 psychic (save ends). First failed save take ongoing 5 psychic and weakens (save ends both). Second failed save take ongoing 10 psychic and stuns (save ends both).

Caller in Darkness 2 dies to Bron's final attack (at -1!)

Caller in Darkness 3 moves to I5-K6, uses Advantage of Fear against Allys, and uses Double Bite against Allys and Mathas.

Allys grants CA and is marked by CiD3 until save.

[roll2]
[roll3] Necrotic and ongoing 10 psychic (save ends)
[roll4]
[roll5] Necrotic and ongoing 10 psychic (save ends)

Ghost 1 moves to J10.

Ghost 2 uses Burst of Terror.

Attacks vs. Will
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12] Necrotic damage, push 5, and dazes and immobilizes (save ends both).

Hungry Shadow beneath Allys attacks her.

[roll13]
[roll14] and ongoing 5 (save ends).
First failed save: 10 ongoing (save ends)
Second failed save: 10 ongoing and blind (save ends both)
Third failed save: 15 ongoing and blind (save ends both)
Fourth failed save: 15 ongoing and blind and deaf (save ends all)
Fifth failed save: 15 ongoing and deaf (save ends both) and blind (no save)

Other Hungry Shadows move randomly.

Saving Throws and Recharge Rolls:

Ghost 1:
[roll15]
[roll16]

Ghost 2:
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

Monsters
Allys
Korgan
Kuekemon
Mathas
Patrick
Bron

Bloodied
Marked by Bron
Advantage of Fear vs. Mathas

Caller in Darkness 2:
Dead (at -1 hp!)

Caller in Darkness 3:
Bloodied
Advantage of Fear vs. Allys

Ghost 1:
Dazed (save ends)

Ghost 2:
Marked by Bron (-3)

Battle Map:http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8651/sotasgroup2fight2.png

Vox Clamantis
2009-06-24, 06:49 PM
Opportunity Attack from Claws of Retribution (given the nature of the wording, I'm not 100% sure whether or not I get the attack before I'm pushed)
[roll0] vs Reflex
[roll1] damage

Doesn't matter; rolled a natural one. :smallsigh:

Vox Clamantis
2009-06-24, 06:55 PM
Blasted back by one of the ghosts, Kuekemon shifts into his natural shape and raises his staff high, a static charge gathering at its tip. With a fairly bestial snarl, he hurls the stroke of lightning at the only spirit still visible to him.

Storm Spike at CiD-1
[roll0] vs Reflex
[roll1] lightning damage and the target must move at least two squares on its turn or take another 8 lightning damage.

Nahal
2009-06-24, 07:06 PM
Korgan

Shifting his position to get a better line at one of the remaining Callers, Korgan fires another blast of violet energy. This time, the energy resembles a glowing, viscous globule of some vile liquid. As it impacts the Caller, it seems to somehow infect it. As the energy seeps into the creature, it tinges the cloud of spirits purple even as the Caller attempts to resist its effects. See how you like being made into a puppet! the sorceror shouts.

I'll alter the post if Allys somehow kills or forces Caller 3 out of my range. But for now:

Move: Shift to P5, sustaining AC at 31 and Reflex at 33
Standard: [roll0], [roll1]. On a miss, Caller 3 takes half damage. If, however, the attack hits, CiD3 takes a free action to charge the closest ally it can charge and makes a melee basic attack against it (albeit at -2 due to Psychic Lock)
Minor: Discard, unless someone's in dire need of healing.
Edit: Chaos Power pumps AC to 32, but it looks like I missed. Does Allys feel like dishing out some radiant damage? :smallwink:

opheliagonemad
2009-06-25, 12:19 AM
Allys
Moving away from the hungry shadow to stand next to Mathas, Allys then sends a ray of searing light towards the Caller that used Advantage of Fear on her.
Radiant v. reflex (if hit, C3 becomes substantial. [roll0] Damage, radiant [roll1] saves vs ongoing [roll2] vs CA [roll3]

The Bushranger
2009-06-25, 01:03 PM
Patrick

The white-haired warlock suddenly appears to waver and vanish from view - and a moment later a blast of multicolored energy lashes out from another location...

Move: Teleport using Infuriating Elusiveness to L12.
Encounter - Arcane, Illusion, Teleportation
Move Action - Personal
Effect: You become invisible and then teleport 4 squares. The invisibility lasts until the start of your next turn.

Standard: Using my Precise Wand of Color Spray against Ghost 2 and CiD 1!
Daily - Arcane, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action - Close blast 5
Target: Each creature in blast - Attack: INT vs Will
Hit: 1d8+3 radiant damage, and target is dazed until the start of your next turn
If your first attack roll hits you score a critical hit
against Ghost 1
INT vs Will [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
against CiD 1
INT vs Will [roll2] Nat 20! Woo!
Damage [roll3]

RTGoodman
2009-06-25, 11:33 PM
Bron

"Ah, see, you go down nice an' easy just like us livin' folks." Bron tumbles back into the middle of the fray, slashing his glaive in a wide arc at the remaining spirits near him and trying to throw off the lingering mental assault from the Caller.

Shift up to L9 again and use polearm sweep to hit the two Ghosts and CiD1.

Attack (CiD1): [roll0] vs. AC
Attack (Ghost 1): [roll1] vs. AC
Attack (Ghost 2): [roll2] vs. AC

Damage: [roll3] damage, marked (-3)
Miss: Half damage, marked (-3)

Saving Throws:
-Marked, CA vs. CiD1: [roll4]
-Ongoing 5 Psychic Damage: [roll5]

EDIT: Well, I sucked it up on attack rolls (a 1 and a 4?), but at least I made my saves, I guess.

HP: 128/160
Conditions: None! :smallbiggrin:

Awesomologist
2009-06-26, 10:52 AM
Assaulted again by the large spirit, Mathas grows frustrated. Knowing however that at least one of these creatures has fallen gives the deva hope. With Allys next to him the Avenger of the Raven Queen looks to protect their healer and perhaps most effective ally against these spirits. He swings his blade in a wide arch attacking the the large spirit between himself and Bron then continues to spin his large sword in a blur that seems to make a shield of dark and radiant steel.

Standard Action: Warding Blade vs. CiD1

Attack: Wisdom vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + Wisdom modifier (+7) thunder damage, and you push any enemy within 2 squares of you, other than the target, 2 squares. Until the end of your next turn, if any enemy other than the target enters a square adjacent to you or hits or misses you from a square within your reach, you can make a melee basic attack against that enemy as an opportunity action.
Censure of Retribution: You gain a power bonus to the attack roll of the melee basic attack equal to your Intelligence modifier (+6).
[roll0] or [roll1] vs AC
[roll2] Radiant Damage
On Hit: Push CiD3 northward 2 squares. Any enemy that enters an adjacent square, hits me or misses me and is within reach takes an OA (+6 to the attack roll). Necro, feel free to roll the OA's on your own to save time if it is needed.

[roll3]
HP - 113/165
EDIT: No longer suffering from ongoing Damage
Also a 19 is a crit! (Radiant Servant) Finally!!! see OOC for extra goodies