PDA

View Full Version : Dictum Mortuum Error? (hexblade)

Alcopop
2009-04-04, 09:15 PM
Hey i was just reading Dictum Mortuum's fantastic guide on hexblades when i came across the following sentances,

# Curse of Failure: Useless. Since your curse already impedes a penalty to AC equal to the bonus provided by this feat, along with more penalties.
# Curse of the Stricken: Again since your normal curse applies the same penalty to AC along with other penalties, this is useless.

(talking about feats that effect your curse)

this seems to afferm that the hexblades curse applies a penalty to the targets AC, however, no where within the complete warrior (and errata) can i find where it says this, even in Dictum Mortuum's own section on the curse it doesn't mention this an AC penalty;

It requires a will save and lowers attack, saves, ability checks, skill checks and weapon damage rolls. It will basically hurt warriors (two weapon fighters, power attack chargers) and precision based builds (sneak attackers, mobility skirmishers) most. It doesn't impede spellcasting except from touch attacks.

So my question to the playground is does the hexblades curse lower a targets AC? or doesn't it?

Cheers, FeverFox

Hunter Noventa
2009-04-05, 02:25 AM
He might have been referring to the Dark Companion ACF out of PHB2, which replaces the familiar and is basically a thing that lowers the AC of every enemy next to it. Though that's all it does, and doesn't even improve like your curse does.

Glyphic
2009-04-05, 02:28 AM
Nu uh! It also lowers their saves by 2, and has an awesome move speed.

Hat-Trick
2009-04-05, 09:11 AM
It also replaces the familiar, which, from what I hear, is probably a good thing. It doesn't die, is suppressed in AMFs, can be despelled for 24 hours, but no loss of XP and you can still curse your opponents.

Glyphic
2009-04-05, 09:16 AM
Well, your familiar is nothing to snuff at, since you're a high-Hd, high bab class. polymorph doesn't come until later levels, but if you want both a familiar and the companion, there's the obtain familiar feat. :smallbiggrin:

Prime32
2009-04-05, 10:09 AM
Well, your familiar is nothing to snuff at, since you're a high-Hd, high bab class. polymorph doesn't come until later levels, but if you want both a familiar and the companion, there's the obtain familiar feat. :smallbiggrin:
The Attain Familiar version will actually be better, since you don't take a penalty to your level for calculating its abilities.