PDA

View Full Version : race with highest Dex bonus

Froogleyboy
2009-04-04, 09:19 PM
hey, I need to know the race with the best dex bonus. I need to be able to take class levels before 10th level

Draken
2009-04-04, 09:58 PM
Catfolk from Races of the Wild gives you +4 Dex for a +1 level adjustment.

If you want to stack on more level adjustments. Winged and Insectile (both from Savage species) give you another +4 Dexterity each, for the cost of +2 level adjustment each. You also gain another two pairs of arms, tremorsense and flanking immunity (Insectile) and a flight speed (winged).

Mystic Muse
2009-04-04, 10:11 PM
congratulations. here is the reward for the vaguest post I've yet seen. the +5 air freshener of wonderous pine scented freshness for that "new car smell" I baked you a cookie but I eated it.

I am going to work under the assumption you are playing 4th edition D&D and as far as I can currently tell there is no race with a highest dex bonus. there are races that increase dex by 2 and every other concievable ability score. the bonus might be able to be changed by houseruling but it probably won't be. just find something else that increases one of your other important ability scores.

if you're playing some other game I unfortunately can't help you.

*edit* ninja'd

Myrmex
2009-04-05, 03:15 PM
Here is the gloura, one of the better monster races:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20031003e

It's stat adjustments are:
+10 dex, +2 con, +2 wis, +6 cha, casting as a 7th level bard, charisma bonus to ac and all saves, all for only 7 fey HD and 2 LA.

Throw a couple of levels of hexblade or paladin in there, or some monk, or all of the above, and get a near invincible character with touch AC and saves in the high 40s.