PDA

View Full Version : Cute but not Cutesy (Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume discussion)

Fiery Diamond
2009-04-06, 02:13 AM
So, to begin: I am a 19 year old male who really likes anime and manga. Most of the stuff I watch or read is shounen, but not all of it. Usually, I don't read manga that is expressly labeled as shoujo, however. A little while back, I stumbled across a shoujo manga and started reading...and couldn't stop. Most of the time, I find shoujo manga to be either extremely childish, stereotypically girly, or just boring. However, Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume is very different - it is, as the thread title says, cute without being cutesy. It's so heartwarming and cute, I just absolutely love it. The three main characters are each unique and amusing, but they all have hidden depth to them. The interactions are funny and cute, with so many of them very touching. The art style also works well with the manga, and the expressions on people's faces are so hilarious.

So, does anyone else know about this manga and love it? What do you think of this manga? What were your original impressions going into it? Is it as good/bad/better/worse as you expected? Let's talk about this marvelous manga!

UltraDude
2009-04-07, 10:12 AM
I'll admit to being someone who generally doesn't read or watch shoujo, but I have to also admit to liking Lovely Complex and Beauty Pop.

I'll look into your suggestion.