PDA

View Full Version : Taverna Generica 11: Teh Acronym's Very Extraordinary Realm of Nice Alcohol

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 05:27 AM
Taverna Generica

"διακονέoμέv άπαν"
TAVERNA: Teh Acronym's Victoriously Extraordinary Realm of Nice Alcohol Yes, The is not normally included. Hence, "teh"
or
PUB: Place of Uberous Bavardage Credit for that to Blue Umbrella for that particular Acronym

Reasoning for this thread: Townies complained that ACRONYM players and characters were intruding, destroying their plots, and generally making a nuisance of themselves. This thread (and perhaps others that may follow in its vain) are by no means trying to replace town, but are trying to offer ACRONYM players the chance to show their characters off in a non-ACRONYM base environment. In the same way, we are in no way saying that because this thread is here, it will stop ACRONYM players from using the Town. We also remind Townies that we are not saying you cannot post here. Yet, we dissuade you from doing so.

Before you stands a stout, heavy building, constructed from dark, grey stones, with crossbeams latticing neatly across the foundation, up to the heavy wooden, and thatched, roof above. An inn sign hangs outside, eroded by age, the image undecipherable, the name withered: TAVERNA GENERICA.
On the front door, someone, most likely eons ago, has inscribed the same words, and the words Townies, Keep Out! Someone has also hung a sign, offering ACRONYMers work in the bar, permanently, though, in reality, you'll have to work your way up.
The tavern is in walking distance from any Acronym organisations, and other major Acronym landmarks, such as Freedom Glades (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100185) (where the portal to Town currently is). This, I stress most heavily, is not to be abused so you can run amok. It is so characters with no teleport capabilities can come to the inn. Yes, it makes no sense, considering that the organisations are miles apart, in some cases, even further, with environmental hazards, etc. It just is. Should I receive complaints that this is being abused, this shall be edited away.

Inside, there is a large bar area, capable of seating at least one hundred people, with tables, big and heavy, and dark red leather chairs, aged yet comfy, littered about in a disorganised style. Old, oil paintings, of landscapes and battles, are hung randomly about the place, and a roaring fire constantly blazes to one side, nicely illuminating the baby grand piano. Shuttered windows look out onto the streets outside. Behind the bar, an assortment of NPCs man the bar, all middle-aged, pot-bellied men, with bad body odour, and too much stubble and wart issues. The occasional good-time girl (legal), and, recently, boy (legal) (working as a bar wench/manwench) also serves as a bar(wo)man at times, many are rather too old or ugly to be of much use to the refined ACRONYMer, though. And, still further behind them, are the drinks, many hundreds of thousands of them, ranging from the mundane, to the mystic. From the bar, one can also buy typical bar foodstuffs, like pork scratchings, and dragon-flavoured nuts and kettle chips. One can also order proper food, in dizzying variety, from the kitchen, at rather high prices. By the bar, a sign reads "No Wanton Telepathy or Reality-Warping, Please.". The only regular barmaid/hostess/front-of-house is Yasmin Lewis (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5425975&postcount=75). Beside the bar is a noticeboard, currently displaying an advert (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5961357&postcount=1426) for the nearby time and dimesional travel service, Time Tours, a posh flyer for Restaurant Enchanté (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101576) and a simple note for Professional Services (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5724307&postcount=22).
Behind the bar is a large kitchen area, designed to cater for large functions, staffed by unnamed NPC slaves and servants. The technology in the kitchen has been imported from another dimension, there are incinerators, ovens, microwaves, and fridges, unlike the typical level of technology in this dimensional quadrant.

Beneath the kitchen and bar area, accessible through a hidden staircase, lies the gigantic, mysterious wine cellar, filled with ancient drinks, and age-old graffiti, filled with dust, and the occasional pair (or more) making hot nookie beside the bottles, barrels, fine clarets, pure Chardonnays, vintage burgundies, and other fine wines...
Above the bar and kitchen, for three floors up, lie rooms, varying in taste and decor, available as homes, and as places to stay the night. There are NPC cleaners who circulate among the rooms every few days or so, to clean up after the notoriously dirty ACRONYMers.
There's a small stables outside, where horses, ponies, and smaller mounts can be stored, and the NPC stableboys are perfectly capable of sending larger mounts and vehicles to other, larger, holding places off-site, when required to. A hire service working from the stables can send off for rentable mounts, but there is an NPC heavy warhorse stored there, by the name of Cookie, created by Kaela, who can be rented for dramatic entrances, and the like, for a much more modest price.

The only spells on the inn are ones that prevent alcohol from being watered down, and another that stops the entire inn being destroyed. Portals, and teleports, are perfectly allowed within, though frowned upon if they appear in places where they're not wanted.

IC Rules are as follows:
1. No listening to unhappy songs during happy hour!
2. No killing the staff.
3. No vandalism.
4. No thieving!
5. Not so much a rule, but we'd like to remind customers that we retain the right to refuse and kill customers, and no responsibility can be taken on our part if you're evicted, injured, or killed, by Taverna employees.
6. No drug use.
7. No food and drink brought in from other establishments is to be consumed here without staff permission.
Breaking of the rules may earn ACRONYMers banning from the tavern, or a fine. Or, in certain cases, other ACRONYMers, or NPC policemen and bounty hunters, may be employed to hunt down the nasty, nasty people who broked the rules.

OOC Rules are as follows:
1. No controlling the NPCs to do anything that would be considered unlike them to do. You're permitted to make them serve your character(s) a drink, but no, let's say, make them get drunk and burn the place down. Of course, you could always make it clear your character is mind-controlling them into doing such as thing, for example, but you cannot make them do anything out of the ordinary, and make it seem as if they were doing it out of their own free will. I control the NPCs when I'm online and active here.
2. No destroying the place, or doing something to it that'll produce a similar effect (for example, no placing a massive time freeze on the entire area forever). You're allowed to damage it, but destroying it just takes the fun out of it for all the other players.
3. No godmoding/godmodding. Even if it's permitted in some ACRONYMs, it isn't in others, and therefore shall not be allowed in the taverna. The occasional mishap's OK, repeated offence isn't.
4. Players are allowed to make NPCs speak in whatever tone, colour, and font they so choose, though, in keeping with pre-established tradition, the female NPCs normally speak in orange, the males in gray. If I, the thread runner, am not online, NPCs can be played by anyone.
5. Please try and keep posts longer than one or two lines of speech. Description is appreciated. One-or-two-liners that don't do much are OK once in a while - but not regularly.
6. If you want random smashy hahaN00BlulzFun, here's not the place. Anything spammy, random, or just plain annoying, can go! Of course, if your silliness is in moderation and well-roleplayed, and considerate of other players, then welcome in.
Repeated rule violaters (in nearly all circumstances OOC, but perhaps IC), can be punished by being IC banned from the thread. And therefore OOC banned to, under threat of mod being called to remove you for breaking thread rules.
Any other rules can be submitted by PM, and can be considered. Please bear in mind that the rules of this thread may update. Alerts that updates have been made will be made clear on the rest of the thread.

Boo
2009-04-06, 06:02 AM
Mr. Boo, an unnamed man, walks into the Taverna and removes a name tag from his pocket. He proceeds to write down his name on the name tag using blood from his finger as ink. He sticks it onto the door of the Taverna, and then leaves. His name is all that remains.

Hi! My name is:
Mr. Boo

Not to be confused with Mr. Boo!, one of Hong Kong's famous characters of comedy.

Okay pretty lady, bye bye now!

happyturtle
2009-04-06, 06:31 AM
"Well I have been wanting to visit the beach since I met that guy who was from a town there ma'am. A backwater town as he put it ma'am. But I don't know if they have any dirty socks there ma'am. What about you ma'am? Where would you like to go ma'am?"

"I love the beach! We can go fishing! And fight with seagulls!" :smallsmile:

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 06:39 AM
Singing a song softly under her breath, the girl, Amelia, walks downstairs, having recently awoken, bathed, and dressed. Her bi-colour hair streaming down her back, strewn with roses, catches the light from the Taverna's various fires, and brings out the hue of the simple dusky rose shift she wears, matching jewellery further displaying her beauty. Beatific, she takes a seat at the bar, and orders a glass of dilute cedar-resin, mixed with raspberry juice.

FireFox
2009-04-06, 07:00 AM
Shrike, frowning, lets him speak - planning to dump the contents down his throat before Toby can get his mouth shut again.

Heat Metal, B**** Using his hand on her wrist as a conduction point, Tobias starts pouring heat into her body. Depending on such matters as her density and fortititude she may or may not melt before he passes out.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 07:02 AM
Amelia turns, slightly, as she sips her peridot drink with ruby lips, and, with eyes of emerald, watches Shrike and Tobias fight, her gaze passive.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-06, 07:26 AM
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wa-

Whoops. Wrong introduction.
The door is opened, and a person steps in, blood dripping from his flamboyant clothing. Not in the threatening, murderous sense you see, but in the sense that some poor soul has had to walk several miles through the pouring blood-rain. Of course, said soul may may not have been as disturbed as a normal person would be, judging from the twin horns peeking out from the black hair that flopped over his forehead, and the slender, whiplash tail, the same color as his bronzed skin, emerging from his pants. No, *not* like that. Perverts. Anyway, though the man takes the blood falling from the sky to be the most ordinary thing in the world, his clothes are almost certainly ruined. Relatively speaking of course, his clothes being flamboyant, mismatched apparel not out of place in a Final Fantasy game, though the bright colors have faded somewhat from travel (and are now all red with blood).
So this tiefling, this tiefling in the blood soaked JRPG clothes walks into the Taverna in a manner reminiscent of those 'An [X] walks into a bar' jokes, little droplets of blood pitter-pattering onto the floor, and takes a seat at a bar stool. Then he stands up in sudden pain, relocates his tail, and sits down again.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 07:40 AM
Hello. Amelia, who, too, is sitting at the bar, still slowly sipping at her somewhat viscous, unnatural drink. What's your name? She asks, with a sympathetic smile, her eyes bright and entrancing in the somewhat hushed light of the Taverna, the aforementioned storm of rain outside having imbued the air with an unnatural shade, dulling much.
Meanwhile, a barmaid gives the newcomer a menu, along with a curtsey.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-06, 07:57 AM
"Will Valentine," he says with a smile, "and you?"
He flicks through the menu absently, not looking at it. It seems he doesn't have the common Acronymia ability of doing two or three things at once.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 08:00 AM
My name's Amelia. Amelia Moore. You have a beautiful name. Smiling at him, briefly, she says those words, and then, slowly, takes another painstaking sip from her drink, her eyes focussing on him all the while, the emerald globes looking him up and down, round and round...

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-06, 08:28 AM
"Why thank you, you have a beautiful name as well."
He smiles again, a charming smile of warmy warmthness. Like hell! Hell is a warm place. His smile might be slightly less warm than that though.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 08:30 AM
Thanks. Blushing, very slightly, she smiles at him, again, with a smile only as warm as an Indian Summer day, perhaps nearing dusk. Finishing her drink (breaking trend to swig it all down), she orders a refill, and, as she digs about in the pockets of her shift-dress for change with which to pay, asks So why are you here?

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-06, 08:38 AM
"Well, I mostly just hop from place to place. This town just happened to be in my way and I figured I'd stop by. I got a bit put off by the weather, but I figure it isn't usually like this."
As Amelia orders a refill, Will takes the opportunity to ask a barmaid about the pricing of a meal.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 08:41 AM
No. The sanguine storm only recently initiated, methinks. Wherefore is the sky like that, I know not, I am aware, merely, that my heart bleeds as the clouds, to see such horror. Amelia says, her eyes even brighter than before, before she further sips (to sup) from her newly rejuvenated glass of drink.
Meals are [insert moderately price] in whatever currency that functions as currency you can pay with, sir. A barmaid says, simpering, her bovine features chubby.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-06, 08:49 AM
Will grimaces slightly at the price, and rummages around in his multiple pockets, nodding at what Amelia says. He counts out the coins, and places on the bar top the magnificent sum of a few copper pieces. Maybe 5 or 6.
"I'm guessing a banquet is out of the question..."

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 08:58 AM
Your estimation is correct, mister. The barmaid says, backing away slightly, tinging his money into the antique cash register, then serving him a small club sandwich, and a glass of tapwater, with ice and lemon.
Amelia just sips.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-06, 09:08 AM
Will just stares at his sandwich.
"Did I mention how fine you are looking this night?"

The Bushranger
2009-04-06, 09:33 AM
Heat Metal, B**** Using his hand on her wrist as a conduction point, Tobias starts pouring heat into her body. Depending on such matters as her density and fortititude she may or may not melt before he passes out.

Shrike now lets out a yell as she heats up, dumping the potion on and/or in Tobias' mouth before dismissing her manifestation.

Now, of course, the question is will Tobias pass out before he breaks her wrist.

It's a draw!

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-06, 09:43 AM
Will sighs as the barmaid deadtimes, and obligingly eats his sammich.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 10:02 AM
Will sighs as the barmaid deadtimes, and obligingly eats his sammich.

Amelia continues to watch him. All big-eyed, and such. Creepy.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-06, 10:09 AM
Creepy? He's a Tiefling. A ravenous Tiefling, who eats his sandwich very, very quickly.
He's still covered in blood, you know.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 10:12 AM
Puh! Amelia's been playing dollies with a dead body for the last few weeks doing things that haven't been revealed yet. Are you hungry, Mister Loving? I can pay for more food for you, if you'd like?

FireFox
2009-04-06, 10:25 AM
Shrike now lets out a yell as she heats up, dumping the potion on and/or in Tobias' mouth before dismissing her manifestation.

Now, of course, the question is will Tobias pass out before he breaks her wrist.

It's a draw!

Tobias drinks down the potion and dismisses his heating spell. Now healed somewhat, he tries to twist her arm behind her back. That's a good one. Where do you guys come up with these silly ideas? "Draw", and "surrender" too. Heh. No, I will resume beating the snot out of you until you answer a few questions of mine. Not that he was ever beating the snot out of her.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-06, 10:26 AM
"You would really do that? That's very kind."

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 10:30 AM
"You would really do that? That's very kind."

Smiling at him, again, Amelia continues to search about her pockets, and, eventually, pulls out a golden coin, left over from the bag Tobias once gave to her. Eat up, Mr. Love, you've got to. You want to, after all. Blowing him a kiss, before slipping the coin over to him, she skip-hop-dances, blurrily, out towards the stables.
((deadtime))

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-06, 10:35 AM
And so, the Tiefling uses the gold coin to buy the biggest meal he can. Tiefling's gotta eat. He's gotta deadtime as well.

Reinholdt
2009-04-06, 11:33 AM
"I love the beach! We can go fishing! And fight with seagulls!" :smallsmile:
"Alright ma'am. We'll go to the beach then ma'am." He grins.
He's not entirely sure about fighting seagulls, not sure how or why, but he'll live with it. "Now we just got to wait for Vidalia ma'am." He looks outside at the blood rain. "And, uh, for it to stop raining ma'am." Probably don't want to see the ocean after it has been raining blood for the past few days.

happyturtle
2009-04-06, 11:37 AM
"We can stay here until the apocalypse is over," Decker says. "Or I can find a beach somewhere else, where the world isn't ending."

happyturtle
2009-04-06, 12:39 PM
And in a blatant example of double posting, there is suddenly a pretty little elephant curio sitting on the bar, seemingly teleported into place.

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/ele_des_gold.jpg

It appears to be made of precious metals and gemstones.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 12:41 PM
Yasmin, walking back to the bar, having served a nearby elven customer with a glass of freshly prepared jasmine tea, raises an eyebrow at the curio, and, setting the pot down on its place behind the counter, goes over to the recently appeared item. What on earth...? She says, reaching out to touch it.

Reinholdt
2009-04-06, 12:44 PM
"Apocalypse ma'am? Ma'am, is that some sort of..." Butler spots the pretty elephant. "Oh, look at that ma'am!" He points at it gleefully.

happyturtle
2009-04-06, 12:45 PM
"Please don't steal my gems," the elephant says in alarm.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 12:47 PM
Pulling back, Yasmin's shocked. Goodness, I'm sorry, sir or madam. Of course I won't take anything from you. I wasn't aware you were sentient. Can I, um, get you anything?

Reinholdt
2009-04-06, 12:56 PM
Butler looks at Decker with confusion. "Did the statue just talk ma'am?" Guide Butler!

happyturtle
2009-04-06, 01:01 PM
"Oh wow. You're a nice person. That hardly ever works." the elephant says.

Decker follows Butler's gaze. "Neato! A talking elephant statue!"

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 01:03 PM
Yasmin blushes, slightly. So. You're.. an elephant, right? How come you can, um. Talk. If that's not too forward of me, sir or madam. Pouring herself a cup of the aforementioned tea, the waitress looks on, entranced, at the curio, while asking Do you have a name? I'm Yasmin.

Reinholdt
2009-04-06, 01:13 PM
Butler just sort watches, amazed, looking at the elephant like a child look at the newest bicycle 5000 in the shop window. It's so pretty, and amazing, but don't ever, ever touch. Butler stares...

happyturtle
2009-04-06, 01:13 PM
"I really don't know. How come you can talk?" The elephant shakes all over, like a wet dog, ears and trunk and tail flapping. The light catches in the gemstones sending reflected light in sparkles around him. "Ah, that feels better. My name is Jasper."

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 01:17 PM
I can probably explain, vaguely, how humans talk, but it might take a while. It's just, well. Most things made of metal and jewels don't. Far as I've seen, anyway. And it's nice to meet you, Jasper. That's a lovely name. Can I get you anything? Yasmin says, ever so slightly unfomfortable, now. What do you say in this situation?

happyturtle
2009-04-06, 01:31 PM
"Smart as well as nice. And pretty too." He takes a few steps closer to Yasmin and whispers in a low voice only meant for her ear. "You can have one of the aquamarines, if you like." He holds up his left leg where an aquamarine is sparkling.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 01:33 PM
Are you sure? Yasmin whispers, unsure of herself, or even why she's whispering. Or is this is some kind of trick/test.

happyturtle
2009-04-06, 01:38 PM
Jasper nods. "I wouldn't offer if I didn't mean it."

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 01:41 PM
Yasmin reaches out, and tries to take the proferred stone.

happyturtle
2009-04-06, 01:49 PM
The stone, a beautiful, brilliant cut, aquamarine, is easily taken, leaving no sign on Jasper's foot that anything is missing.

"You're kind of cute, you know?" he says, and then, suddenly bashful, tucks his head down and freezes in place, a statue once more.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 02:28 PM
Thanks. You are too. Yasmin says, smiling down at the little elephant. Having half-expected it'd freeze, she watches its motions (or, rather, lack of them), and slips the stone into a pouch hanging on a loose cord round her neck, before getting back to work, having tried to move the little creature/antique to a position where it couldn't be so easily stolen - just behind the bar, perhaps.

Saurous
2009-04-06, 03:06 PM
Saurous sits upright abruptly with a snort, having fallen asleep sometime during the evening. He groans and glances around at the bar, panicking for a moment as he forgets where he is.

The Bushranger
2009-04-06, 03:33 PM
Tobias drinks down the potion and dismisses his heating spell. Now healed somewhat, he tries to twist her arm behind her back. That's a good one. Where do you guys come up with these silly ideas? "Draw", and "surrender" too. Heh. No, I will resume beating the snot out of you until you answer a few questions of mine. Not that he was ever beating the snot out of her.

Not that you were ever beating the snot out of me, Shrike says with a smirk as she joes to judo-chuck Tobias over her head and onto the table in front of her.

This might cause the table to break.

This might annoy Yasmin.

-------

The paladin-telepath(-and-more) girl, meanwhile, undeadtimes and eyes Saurous curiously.

happyturtle
2009-04-06, 03:40 PM
(The evil paladin-telepath, who should have fallen for trying to give someone a splitting headache. EEEEEEVIL!!!!! :smallmad:)

"They sure have been fighting a long time," Decker observes conversationally to Butler.

The elephant is placed behind the bar, but sometime later, reappears atop the bar again.

Reinholdt
2009-04-06, 03:42 PM
"They have ma'am?" Butler looks over. It seems he's been missing all the fighting. "So it would seem ma'am. I thought they were just playing rough or something ma'am." Butler moves closer to the elephant statue, curious.

FireFox
2009-04-06, 03:46 PM
Not that you were ever beating the snot out of me, Shrike says with a smirk as she joes to judo-chuck Tobias over her head and onto the table in front of her.

This might annoy Yasmin.

Tobias is flipped and lands hard on the table, which would only break if made out of plywood. Still continuing in a conversational tone, he rolls off the table. Why didn't you kill me? Stupid, or do you not think I'm a threat?

The Bushranger
2009-04-06, 03:47 PM
((She's a Chaotic Paladin of Freedom - and she also knows of Magtok... :smalltongue:))

((Ninja'd!))

The main reasion I'm not killing you, Shrike says to Tobias in a downright conversational tone, is because nobody's paying me to do it.

happyturtle
2009-04-06, 03:51 PM
((Headaches are evil. Anyone who gets them regularly will back me up on this! And she wasn't acting in self-defense or anything. :smalltongue:))

The elephant statue sits there, all sparkly and unmoving. Very statue like.

Decker is still on Butler's back, nibbling on his ear affectionately.

Reinholdt
2009-04-06, 03:56 PM
Butler was probably going to ask the statue something, but gets rather distracted rather quickly by Decker, and gives a small groan, trying to keep it quiet. His ears are sensitive and he rather enjoys this. The statue is forgotten.

((Yep, the pondering psychopathic psychic paladin should fall.))

The Bushranger
2009-04-06, 04:13 PM
((edited in a reponse to Tobias above, FF))

happyturtle
2009-04-06, 04:13 PM
"What do you want to do at the beach when we get there?" Decker asks.

Reinholdt
2009-04-06, 04:15 PM
"Hmm... I have no idea ma'am. I suppose go swimming ma'am. That sounds like fun ma'am." Also depends on if it's one of those beach towns with all sorts of attractions Butler hasn't heard of or visited before.

FireFox
2009-04-06, 04:18 PM
The main reasion I'm not killing you, Shrike says to Tobias in a downright conversational tone, is because nobody's paying me to do it.

After I attacked you? I'm not buying that excuse; you should have finished me out of self-preservation. That only works if you don't consider me a threat. He steps forward and kicks out at the floating ribs on Shrike's left side, using his shin as an impact point.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 04:22 PM

This might annoy Yasmin.

Indeed. Much glaring commences.

happyturtle
2009-04-06, 04:22 PM
"It'll be so much fun! And Vidalia will love it. I'll find a place with lots of sun." :smallsmile:

Decker is, of course, thinking about the fun to be had at a tourist trap type beach with carnival rides and amusement parks.

The Bushranger
2009-04-06, 04:25 PM
His shin hits...nothing. Because Shrike just did a backflip up to on top of the bar.
Maybe I'm also not killing you because I could use the workout and you're giving me a good one? she admits with a grin.

Reinholdt
2009-04-06, 04:26 PM
"Indeed ma'am. Do you have any idea where she is ma'am? I haven't seen her at the tavern in a while ma'am. And the last we met was at that carnival before we got kicked out ma'am."

Butler briefly considers telling Tobias what he found out for him, but decides Tobias is too busy to worry about things like that.

FireFox
2009-04-06, 04:28 PM
Tobias is flipped and lands hard on the table, which would only break if made out of plywood.
((Yasmin may be happy to note that Tobias isn't that heavy, and it's not likely that judo-flipping him will cause the table to break...))

Tobias pauses to give her a roguish grin. If it's a workout you want...

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 04:32 PM
The tables, though not, as suggested, made of plywood, are of a fairly low-grade material, and have suffered some degree of flak in the past.

The Bushranger
2009-04-06, 04:34 PM
That gets a raised eyebrow from the lightning-slinging redhead. You don't always get what you want. She smirls. Besides, the question would be more if you were up for it...

happyturtle
2009-04-06, 04:35 PM
"She's probably still at PEACE. I'll go and get her when everything is ready. Is there anyone else you want to bring along?" After all, who wouldn't bring lots of guests on their honeymoon? :smalltongue:

Saurous
2009-04-06, 04:38 PM
-------

The paladin-telepath(-and-more) girl, meanwhile, undeadtimes and eyes Saurous curiously.

Saurous pulls a book out of a pouch on his belt and starts reading it, taking a sip of his still-unused water.

FireFox
2009-04-06, 04:39 PM
Whoops. He'll pay for that. Honest.

Oh, that's not much of a problem. The only one I can see is that I'd have to cast Remove Disease on myself afterwords. He feints within her striking range.

Reinholdt
2009-04-06, 04:42 PM
People who have modesty or something I suppose. Silly people.

"Well I suppose we could invite DarkComet ma'am. And maybe Nikolai and Rayd ma'am." Vasilisa perhaps if Butler had ever met her.

"Oh and Magtok ma'am! We need to invite Magtok too ma'am." He was oh so very nice and helpful to Butler earlier.

The Bushranger
2009-04-06, 04:50 PM
Just as long as you remembered to cast a different spell first. Wouldn't want to bankrupt you on child support, after all. Shrike grins broadly, declining the bait . Well this has been the best workout I've had in quite awhile, but I'm afraid I have better people to do. Ta-ta, Toby dear. She mockingly blows him a kiss, before bending her knees and vaulting off the bar to a chandelier, swinging from there to a rafter then to the upstairs landing, and vanishing.

------

Would you happen to know who I'd talk to to get involved in stopping the apocalypse? the brown-haired woman asks Saurous.

FireFox
2009-04-06, 04:52 PM
Tobias watches her go. I... don't know which part of that to retort to. Shrugging, he turns to the broken table, magically shifting and repairing the wood as he intently listens to the mention of apocolypse.

happyturtle
2009-04-06, 04:56 PM
People who have modesty or something I suppose. Silly people.

"Well I suppose we could invite DarkComet ma'am. And maybe Nikolai and Rayd ma'am." Vasilisa perhaps if Butler had ever met her.

"Oh and Magtok ma'am! We need to invite Magtok too ma'am." He was oh so very nice and helpful to Butler earlier.

"Sure! I don't know Nikolai and Rayd though. Oh! We need to invite KR too! She works too hard."

Reinholdt
2009-04-06, 04:59 PM
Butler nods. He hasn't actually met KR, though remembers that DarkComet is the father and was embarrassed about the details of who's the mother or something like that.

"Anyone else ma'am? We might need to write invitations for this ma'am." Since it's bigger than previously expected.

FireFox
2009-04-06, 05:02 PM
Tobias suddenly realizes he just used a lot of magic and promptly collapses in a corner, where he deadtimes.

Vespe Ratavo
2009-04-06, 05:27 PM
Vespe sits near the bar, drumming his fingers with one hand and propping up his chin with the other. It's funny. I haven't gotten any calls yet. It's almost like people want to die horrible flaming deaths.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 05:29 PM
Yeah, the people here are masochists. I think. Some of them, at least. Yasmin says, nodding, judgmentally, towards Shrike and Tobias, both battle-worn, it rather seems, to prove her point. More food, drink, Mr. Ratavo?

happyturtle
2009-04-06, 05:32 PM
"They probably know it isn't going to happen. I mean, you're a timelord. You know it won't happen, right? Oh. I guess that would interfere with business if you told people that though." Decker says, hopping down off Butler's back before he tires out.

Vespe Ratavo
2009-04-06, 05:34 PM
Kinky, he says, though rather flatly and without much enthusiasm. And yes, one sonic screwdriver please. He turns to Decker. Honestly? No idea. I'd explain the temporal physics behind it, but I'd probably just bore the both of us to death.

It's a real drink. Wiki would never lie to me. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_screwdriver#Other_media)

Reinholdt
2009-04-06, 05:35 PM
Butler thinks they should send invitations anyways, despite Decker's silence on the subject.

"Oh, we should invite Mr. Ratavo too ma'am!" He turns to Vespe. "Would you like to come sir?"

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 05:36 PM
After mixing up the aforementioned strangely named drink, Yasmin plonks ice and a festive little pink umbrella into the highball glass full o' cocktail, and serves it to the Timelord with a smile. Without a bill.
Oh, how smitten..

Vespe Ratavo
2009-04-06, 05:41 PM
Vespe takes the drink and smiles. Thanks. He takes a sip, then turns to Butler. That depends. To whence are we going? And why are we going there? And where shall we eat lunch once we get there?

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 05:42 PM
Yasmin quietly blushes, and shrinks back into her seat. Not literally, of course. 'Cause that'd be a bit weird. Y'know?

Reinholdt
2009-04-06, 05:46 PM
"To whence sir? We're not going there sir. We're going to the beach sir. For me and Decker's honeymoon sir. I imagine we'll eat lunch at a restaurant or on the beach or something sir. Depends on how many fish we catch I suppose sir." Since Decker wanted to go fishing.

Vespe Ratavo
2009-04-06, 05:49 PM
Vespe blinks. Rabbit's pregnant with the end of the world and now you two are married? I have been gone a while. Anyway, are you sure you want me intruding on your honeymoon? Seems like a very private thing to be inviting someone else along on.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 05:51 PM
You know, Yasmin says. blushing, and blurting out her words with a slight high pitch and rush of words, Vespe if you want some business, I don't particularly want to die. Or anything.

happyturtle
2009-04-06, 05:54 PM
"It is?" Decker asks. "Why would it be private? Everything's more fun with friends. Yasmin, do you want to come too?"

Reinholdt
2009-04-06, 05:55 PM
"Well I'm sure we can get some privacy when we need it sir. But so far, we intend to invite Vidalia, KR, DarkComet, Nikolai, Rayd, and Lord Magtok sir. We wouldn't want you to feel left out sir." He sort of stays quiet at Yasmin's invitation. Butler knows Yasmin doesn't like him much. Butler's brain then shuts down as he tries to comprehend being pregnant with the end of the world. He hasn't met Rabbit or anything, but the concept is... o.O He falls into deadtimed, completely stupefied.

And can be godmodded by Decker if she'd like.

Vespe Ratavo
2009-04-06, 05:59 PM
All right. Sounds like fun. Vespe turns to Yasmin, grinning. Yeah! You should come too! It'd be fun! He turns back to Decker (at this rate that barstool's going to come unscrewed). So, picked out any..."beach" in particular?

Kaelaroth
2009-04-06, 06:02 PM
Yasmin blushes, seemingly unwilling to follow Butler and Decker on their honeymoon.. till Vespe's words. Then. Yeah, I'd love to go. Thanks, Decker. She says, keeping her pretty eyes, highlighted lightly by kohl, away from Vespe.

happyturtle
2009-04-06, 06:09 PM
"I want some place with seagulls and roller coasters and arcade games and carousels and a ball pit and dancing girls and lots of sunshine and no blood rain," Decker says.

Saurous
2009-04-06, 06:10 PM
Saur sighs and slouches in his chair, mumbling quietly to himself about "stupid kids" and "romance" and "end of the world." Well, it's less "quietly" and more "just loud enough for the others to possibly hear him."

Vespe Ratavo
2009-04-06, 06:14 PM
Well, there is the Plane of Seagulls and Roller Coasters and Arcade Games and Carousels and A Ball Pit and Dancing Girls and Lots of Sunshine and No Blood Rain. Or there's Corpus Christi, Texas. Or California. Or Florida. Or...I could go on, but I won't.

happyturtle
2009-04-06, 06:20 PM
"Oooh! Texas! Let's go there!"

Vespe Ratavo
2009-04-06, 06:29 PM
All right, then, we just need to... Vespe stares confusedly at Butler. Um...is your husband okay? He looks sort of stupefied into a coma. He waves a hand in front of Butler's face.

happyturtle
2009-04-06, 06:31 PM
"Wow! You were gone so long you forgot about deadtime oozes?" :smallconfused:

Vespe Ratavo
2009-04-06, 06:32 PM
Oh yeah. I always hated those. So, should we wait for him to snap out of it, or just go ahead?

happyturtle
2009-04-06, 06:36 PM
"We still need to get a few more invitations out, and my player has to make a thread and stuff. How about tomorrow. Is that okay?"

Vespe Ratavo
2009-04-06, 06:43 PM
Sounds good to me. Vespe sips his drink. Of course, on the surface, he looks at ease, but in his mind he's...well, at ease. No dramaz here.

No, I'm not just padding this post out to make it more than two sentences. That would be silly.

Reinholdt
2009-04-06, 07:52 PM
Butler snaps out of it. He still hasn't a clue as to what Vespe meant by that, but he also at this point completely forgot what it is he was supposed to figure out.

"Great sir! I'll be sure to bring along lots of Nuka-cola sir!" Mostly for Butler, but Vespe can have some. "I'm going to go see if I can't ask a few of the others sir." Butler cheerily grabs his umbrella and heads for the door unless Vespe has more to say.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-06, 09:00 PM
Will Valentine, Tiefling Vagrant that his is, is asleep on his... barstool? That can't be right. Maybe he's slumped over onto the bar or something. Anyway, yeah, he's asleep after his hearty meal (which hopefully didn't involve actual hearts).
What, you didn't expect him to have a home or something, did you? And as for renting a room? Psshhhh....

The Bushranger
2009-04-06, 09:30 PM
It would be a little hard for Yasmin to nod judgementally, or otherwise, at Shrike, seeing as she isn't here. :smalltongue:

The brown-haired woman is, though, and she's also frowning in mild annoyance at the deadtimed Saurous, having been ignored.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-06, 09:38 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz

Still sleeping.

Reinholdt
2009-04-06, 09:43 PM
Irene arrives at the tavern. She takes a look at the sleeping guy with a tail. Eh. You don't wake up drunks at a bar. That's just silly.

And the other person is frowning in mild annoyance.

Probably best just to sit down and get a drink alone. Alcohol is preferred and ordered.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-06, 09:45 PM
But he's not drunk... :smallfrown:

FireFox
2009-04-06, 09:48 PM
Tobias wearily stands up and sits at the bar, buckling on his retrieved swordbelt and ordering a beer. He doesn't notice Irene, or anyone else for that matter.

Reinholdt
2009-04-06, 09:48 PM
But you don't wake someone up to find out that, now do you? :smalltongue:
Although, purely by happenstance, Irene sneezes a loud sneeze. Maybe she's allergic to the virgin blood outside or something.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-06, 09:52 PM
Nope, he's out. He's been walking for the past few days, and the fiend blood doesn't remove the necessity for sleep.

However, by pure happenstance, Captain Jack Hammer bursts into the Taverna dramatically, casting a wave of much needed manliness on a Taverna occupied entirely by women (and a tiefling, and a druid).

Reinholdt
2009-04-06, 09:57 PM
Irene looks at Captain Jack Hammer. And looks. And looks. Ok, I think it's moved on to staring now. She sort of shrinks down a little. He's... well... manly. And it's slightly intimidating.

The Bushranger
2009-04-06, 10:01 PM
Captain Jack gets a...slightly bored look from the brown-haired woman at the bar.

She really wants to know about how to go about stopping the apocalypse. But nobody will tell her!

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-06, 10:02 PM
As she should be. Kneel before the manly! :smalltongue:
So anyway, the Paladin takes a seat at the bar and orders a beer of gratuitous largeness, taking the time to glance with manly disapproval at the 'drunk' tiefling.

FireFox
2009-04-06, 10:03 PM
Tobias, who also needs to know about this world-saving shtick, watches the paladin out of the corner of his eye. Good thing he doesn't know what she is...

Reinholdt
2009-04-06, 10:06 PM
And so the tavern fell into a hush, everyone looking at the other, via stares or out of the corner of their eyes. Each with different agendas. All adding to the tension. Even the NPCs go quiet.

The Bushranger
2009-04-06, 10:11 PM
Suddenly, a shot rang out!

A very dead sparrow falls from the rafters. Another, carrying a tiny, smoking six-gun, flies torwards the door.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-06, 10:13 PM
Cue Will, who wakes up with a start, not looking quite so charming in his post-slumber stupor.

Jack, surprised slightly by the fiend-blood waking up (as well as the shot), nearly falls off his chair, but tells the law of gravity to stop imposing on his manliness, and so doesn't.
Frak yeah!

Edit: Damn. Beat by a Bushranger

FireFox
2009-04-06, 10:14 PM
Tobias takes a deep breath and then exhales very fast. ... I never saw that and thus have no obligation under any sort of Druidic laws, that I really just ignore most of the time, to do anything about it.

Reinholdt
2009-04-06, 10:15 PM
Irene is pretty shocked by this display of manliness. "How... how did you...?" Defy the laws of gravity.

The Bushranger
2009-04-06, 10:19 PM
And so Black-bibbed Bart the Sparrow Stagecoach Robber gets away yet again!

I didn't see anything either. And woudn't quite believe it anyway... Name's Quinn, by the way, and yourself? Quinn offers Tobias a handshake.

FireFox
2009-04-06, 10:22 PM
Tobias shakes it firmly and gives her a tired but charming smile. Some folks refer to me as the Black Fox, but my name is Tobias, Druid. Nice to meet you.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-06, 10:23 PM
Jack just shrugs and rights himself, taking a gulp of his gratuitously large beer.
"Magic."

Will quickly shakes his sleep off, and looks around the room. To see he's cooped in with no less than two paladins. :smalleek:

Reinholdt
2009-04-06, 10:26 PM
"Oh... ok then..." She goes back to trying not to stare. And failing. He's just sooo manly!

The Bushranger
2009-04-06, 10:27 PM
Likewise. Quinn smiles, unknowing of the tiefling hobo's discomfort. So, what's this I hear about apocalypsi?

FireFox
2009-04-06, 10:35 PM
The world's gonna end, but the way I figure, nobody's panicking because GLoG is on the case. He shrugs and readjusts the pheonix feather in his cap.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-06, 10:36 PM
Vagrant. Va. Grant. Psshhh. Hobo. *grumble mumble*

"There's going to be an apocalypse?"

FireFox
2009-04-06, 10:40 PM
Tobias finishes off his beer and, tilting his hat to Quinn, makes his way up the stairs and into his room, where he secures it magically and deadtimes.

Reinholdt
2009-04-06, 10:41 PM
"Oh that's right. I saw something about that at GLoG. I made copies of the bulletins in fact." Irene conveniently pulls out this piece of paper (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5959732&postcount=8), followed by this one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5961363&postcount=9) and passes them around. "I was going to look into it tomorrow. I'd rather not die and all."

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-06, 10:48 PM
Oh. So *that's* why it's raining blood."

Jack looks at the notice. Jack frowns.
"RUN AWAY!? AS IF!"
He strikes a manly pose.
"This apocalypse shall be stopped!"
He unstrikes the manly pose.
"So how do we stop it?"

"Loser."

*PALADIN INDUCED HEADDESK*

"ow"

The Bushranger
2009-04-06, 10:55 PM
Quinn nods back to Tobias then reads the fliers.
But, see, these are all about running away. I want to see about helping to stop it!

((epic ninja!))

Reinholdt
2009-04-06, 11:04 PM
"I... I don't know anything else about it. They haven't given me any other information." She frowns. What's wrong with just leaving?

The Bushranger
2009-04-07, 10:03 AM
Quinn just looks at Irene for a moment, then shakes her head and orders a stiffer drink.

Dani, meanwhile pops in and looks around for Tobias.

FireFox
2009-04-07, 12:21 PM
Tobias is at his staked out place at the bar, watching everything with an idle curiosity as he appears to be sketching out complicated runes on a napkin.

The Bushranger
2009-04-07, 01:38 PM
Dani would attempt to peek over Tobias' shoudler at the runes.

Were she about a foot higher.

So, instead, the megadruid finds himself getting poked in the back of his left shoulder, three times in rapid succession.

Hey you! a familiar and overly perky voice joins the poking.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-07, 01:41 PM
((Kill her, Tobias! How dare she poke your deific flesh!
KIIIIILL HER!))

happyturtle
2009-04-07, 02:33 PM
A portal appears in the Taverna, and Decker pops her head through. "Hey, Vespe, Yasmin - are you there?"

FireFox
2009-04-07, 02:47 PM
((Kill her, Tobias! How dare she poke your deific flesh!
KIIIIILL HER!))

((Tobias is immortal now? But sure, whatever you say.))
Tobias kills Dani awesomely turns around and scowls. The hell you want?

Kaelaroth
2009-04-07, 03:01 PM
A portal appears in the Taverna, and Decker pops her head through. "Hey, Vespe, Yasmin - are you there?"

I'm here. Yasmin says, pushing out from the kitchen, an orange bag slung over her shoulder, clashing with her summery yellow summer dress.

happyturtle
2009-04-07, 03:12 PM
"Great! We've got the cottage all ready. I can leave the portal (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108800) open for Vespe if you want to leave him a note." And Decker disappears, leaving the Special Glowing Purple Thing behind.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-07, 03:21 PM
Writing a note for Vespe in her best cursive, Yasmin happily slips through the portal. While she's gone, NPCs will be manning the joint.

The Bushranger
2009-04-07, 03:29 PM
((Tobias is immortal now? But sure, whatever you say.))
Tobias kills Dani awesomely turns around and scowls. The hell you want?

Dani just grins at him - then her face becomes serious.
I need to talk to you about Sam.

FireFox
2009-04-07, 03:49 PM
No. He turns back to the runes.

The Bushranger
2009-04-07, 03:54 PM
Well, Dani's about to find out just how heartless, or not, Tobias really is.
She tried to kill herself yesterday.

FireFox
2009-04-07, 03:56 PM
Incorrect. Dani's about to find out how heartless Tobias acts. I take it she failed? Good, I still have a chance to win...

The Bushranger
2009-04-07, 04:07 PM
Either way.

There's the sound of a mouth hanging open from behind Tobias, which then shuts with a audible click.

That's...that's all you care about? That you can win something? I stopped her if you must know but you're...you're...you're a jackass!

FireFox
2009-04-07, 04:10 PM
Tobias grows still, not turning around to face her. A jackass? When have I claimed otherwise? If I blow my candle out before her, I "win" in that I don't have to deal with the gr-... you know what? Go boil your head, I don't have to explain myself to a child.

The Bushranger
2009-04-07, 04:20 PM

Oh, dear.

Tobias just did the one thing guaranteed to make Dani angry.

I. Am not. A. Child! She growls, stomping up to get nose-to-nose with Tobias.
This is faciliated by the fact he's sitting and she's standing...

I'm 24 years old. I'm a legal adult in every way. And I'm pretty sure I've got a crush on your sister!

Kaelaroth
2009-04-07, 04:26 PM
((Damn Kaela not having a nearby character who isn't lovely.
. . . How Alek would've mocked this.
I miss him. :smallfrown:))

FireFox
2009-04-07, 04:26 PM
In one fluid motion, Tobias stands up and tries to slam Dani into the bar angrily. I am twice your age, I've fought in two wars, was almost executed for winning one of them, had the one woman I have ever truly loved murdered by a friend before my eyes and made more sacrifices for other people than you've had hot meals. When I call you child, I assure you that I don't freaking care about your thrice-damned opinion on the issue!

((What do you mean Kaela? :smallconfused:))

The Bushranger
2009-04-07, 04:39 PM
Dani's eyes are wide as she listens to Tobias, no saying a word, just listening - and looking rather frightened.

When Toby finally stops to breathe, she takes a deep breath herself and whispers.
I...still think I might be falling in love with her.

pop!

And she's gone.

((Deadtime))

FireFox
2009-04-07, 04:45 PM
I don't flippin' care! Leave me out of it! Looking rather disgusted, Tobias sits back down to try to supress whatever side of him just emerged and to concentrate on the runes.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-07, 04:46 PM
((I mean I miss Alek. I know everyone hated him. But I didn't. :smallfrown:
And he'd've had fun in this situation. He's just as nutty as Amelia, but in a nastier way.

Also, wasn't Dani, like, just in love with Alexis? :smallconfused:
And, wait, isn't Sam a homophobe? I know I haven't been reading as much of everything as I used to, but... whu? :smallconfused:))

FireFox
2009-04-07, 04:52 PM
((Heh. What would he do?

It's sort of complicated, and I worry I don't do a good enough job of portraying it, but Sam and Tobias, being only half-human, are very emotionally unstable. I try to show that both of them hate nothing more than themselves. Sam was, supposedly, raised by an ultra-conservative upperclass Brit and more or less indoctrinated with his beliefs... coupled with that self-loathing and bad relationships with men... I don't know; I always feel like I'm not playing Sam well enough...
Also, the last I heard was that Celtois was sick, but I haven't seen her online in a frighteningly long time. That doesn't have much to do with anything, but just throwing it out there...))

Unable to concentrate, Tobias puts his notes away and pays for another round of beers for himself and the people immediately near him, who had to have their evening disrupted by him being all emotional.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-07, 04:55 PM
((*shrug* Sam's fine, from what I see. Haven't RPed with her properly, so can't diagnose any issues, really.
And, Alek? *shrug* Mmph.))

Nearby NPCs raise their glasses in thanks.

((deadtime here))

FireFox
2009-04-07, 04:58 PM
((Thanks, and deadtime as well.))

Putting on his phoenix feathered cap, Tobias makes his way out after downing his alcohol.

Saurous
2009-04-07, 06:34 PM
Saurous, finally standing up from the chair he's spent the past three days sitting in, shambles away from his table, cupping his ears.

"Gods, so much angst still floating around in this room, it's making my ears ring. I need fresh air."

Rather than simply walking out the door of the Taverna, as a person who wasn't being impaired by his severe allergy to emotion would do, he sticks his head into the purple portal that Decker left behind.

Reinholdt
2009-04-07, 06:42 PM
Saurous head finds itself all the way in Texas! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108800) Now that's thinking outside the box.

The Librarian
2009-04-07, 06:49 PM
An Spear of ice appears and then shatters into little glittery shards revealing Lowan. He walks to one of the booths to sit down.
Man, long day.

((This is an open ACRO thread right?))

The Bushranger
2009-04-07, 07:31 PM
((Also, wasn't Dani, like, just in love with Alexis? :smallconfused:))

((Dani was, and in fact still is. But, being the cheerful little social butterfly she is, she's starting to realise that she has too big a heart to give all her love to one person...plus both she and Shrike warned Alexis that she would probably, ah, want an open relationship. :smalltongue:

Celtois was on Yahoo about - two weeks ago? Said she was busy with schoolwork, haven't seen her since though. >_>

Righty: Yes it is.))

Quinn shrugs off the deadtime ooze and looks over at Lowan with a raised eyebrow. Really? In what way?

Lord Magtok
2009-04-07, 08:41 PM
((Dani was, and in fact still is. But, being the cheerful little social butterfly she is, she's starting to realise that she has too big a heart to give all her love to one person...plus both she and Shrike warned Alexis that she would probably, ah, want an open relationship. :smalltongue:

((I'm thinking of a word to describe Dani. It rhymes with cut. It's not but, gut, hut, Hutt, mutt, nut, putt, rut, or what. Can you guess what it is? :smalltongue:))

FireFox
2009-04-07, 09:23 PM
Tobias reenters the tavern, muttering under his breath.

The Bushranger
2009-04-08, 10:45 AM
((I'm thinking of a word to describe Dani. It rhymes with cut. It's not but, gut, hut, Hutt, mutt, nut, putt, rut, or what. Can you guess what it is? :smalltongue:))

((Hmm...King Tut?
:smalltongue:))

---

Quinn gives Tobias a wave as she heads upstairs to get some rest.

FireFox
2009-04-08, 10:47 AM
Tobias nods, then returns his focus to... whatever it is he's working on.

Terry576
2009-04-08, 05:40 PM
Ven enters, as I finally started being active again. Ven sits down at the "Usual" Table, and orders a drink.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-10, 08:51 AM
Small motes of white light flicker about the bar, near the ceiling, wafting about, occasionally vanishing from view, only to re-appear, as if blown about by the slightest of breezes. And, as if to accompany their shining dance, there's a faint, faint buzzing, a cascade of minute thunder, which frolicks about the tiny pinpricks of glow.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-10, 09:01 AM
They're also being stared at. By a tiefling who has been, in fact, sleeping here for the last couple of days. Of course, he's forgotten all about his growling stomach now that there's something less painful and stareworthy in the room.
Staaaarrreeee....

Kaelaroth
2009-04-10, 09:03 AM
As they notice that they have been noticed (by someone noticing them) the lights dance a little bit closer. A tad closer still. They're ever so pretty, but the very slight buzzing might be a tad annoying to one with advanced hearing; or merely calming to one with average, or less than the normal, auditory capacity.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-10, 09:22 AM
Mr. Valentine, being a very low Tiefling (the diabolic blood coming from his great-great-grandfather), has only average hearing. You'll have to go after his sister for that.

But yeah. Staaaare. Stare at the pretty lights. Maybe they'll be his friends.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-10, 12:33 PM
Well, the aforementioned pretty lights are acting fairly friendly. Swooping round his head, soft and sweet, dancing lightly. Well, quite friendly, indeed - till they attempt to burrow, semi-incorporeal, into his brain.

Darkcomet
2009-04-10, 01:05 PM
Vyrn, shaking off a deadtime-retirement ooze, enters the tavern, acting just as much a pompous royal as he always has been.

He sits down at an empty table and shoos off some NPC patrons who tried to sit with him.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-10, 01:06 PM
The white, buzzing lights, angry and swarming, start to fly, violently, at Vyrn's head. Of course they're just lights. What can lights do!

Darkcomet
2009-04-10, 01:11 PM
Vyrn swats at the lights with one hand as they swarm at him.

What the hell is this?

Kaelaroth
2009-04-10, 01:13 PM
As a small swarm of white lights are, indeed, batted away by an angry hand-swerve, the remainder of the pack attempt to swarm into his ear. Eew. And, from there, to the BRAIN!

FireFox
2009-04-10, 01:13 PM
Tobias undeadtimes, still puzzling away at his project. He now has three unfolded napkins on the bar in front of him, all of which are covered in inked runes.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-10, 01:15 PM
Hm. A more powerful entity. Dromes, fast and furious, little flickers of white light, half-hidden, indeed, by the air, swarm at Tobias from behind, somewhat quiet, calming, and nearly invisible as they speed for his ears - to the brain.

Darkcomet
2009-04-10, 01:17 PM
Vyrn, seeing the things coming, starts swatting wildly around his ears.

Dammit!

Kaelaroth
2009-04-10, 01:20 PM
Sadly, the dromes are fast, and only slightly corporeal. If this is the best the orb-thrower can manage, they're likely to find a way in. :smallamused:

FireFox
2009-04-10, 01:21 PM
Tobias, having supernatural hearing enough so that the slight noise is irritatingly pitched to him, turns around in his stool, an abrasive sentence on his lips. Access to the ears will be gained, and from there to the brain of course, but the latter part is a mote point.

My apologies, that pun sounded better in my head... >.>

Darkcomet
2009-04-10, 01:24 PM
And they probably do, as the ex-royal flails around in a panic.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-10, 01:31 PM
Nom-nom-nom! Instantly, Tobias's memories are, if (obiviously) they aren't met by some kind of defence, devoured by the definition-hungry dromes, and quietly replaced. He will, for a post or so, be, mostly, semi-comatose, while the dromes shudder and feed, and their player asks if Tobias' player would like their other effects to be written via PM, or publicly here?
A similar thing should happen to Vyrn, as the dromes invade his brain, trying to feast, opulently, decadently, on his vault of memory and experience - and let their other effects take place.

FireFox
2009-04-10, 01:34 PM
Tobias collapses on the bar as the dromes do their work. There are some memories concealed and protected in a corner, but as Tobias can't even access them himselves, they shouldn't be a problem to leave.

PM, please.

Darkcomet
2009-04-10, 01:36 PM
Vyrn staggers and falls onto the floor as well, the dromes having gotten in.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-10, 03:43 PM
Dromes, having fed on Vyrn and Tobias, and then having egested, leave their bodies, fat and bloated motes of light now, drifting lazily away on almost non-existent thermals..

FireFox
2009-04-10, 05:44 PM
Tobias groggily sits up and stares around in confusion.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-10, 05:53 PM
A barmaid hands Tobias a glass of tapwater, with a faint smile, before wandering off into oblivion.

FireFox
2009-04-10, 05:56 PM
Tobias takes the glass and smiles back. Then he notices the only tangible results of his hours of work. What the hell is this gibberish? I must have been drunk. Crumpling up the rune-covered napkins, Tobias throws them into a trash bin. So much for his project.

Darkcomet
2009-04-10, 05:58 PM
Vyrn rather belatedly gets up, glancing at Tobias in confusion.

The hell just happened...? He rubs his forehead.

FireFox
2009-04-10, 06:01 PM
Tobias rolls his eyes at Vyrn. We all got drunk and passed out? 'Cause, you know, bar and all.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-10, 06:03 PM
Perhaps someone might notice a flicker of lights outside, heading towards "GLoG", discovered through the thoughts of both of their victims. Perhaps not.

Anyway, Amelia wanders downstairs, smiling at Tobias, dressed in a ridiculously incongruous long sapphire evening dress, her hair in three long, rose-thorn bound plaits. She orders a drink of red, red wine from the bar.

Darkcomet
2009-04-10, 06:03 PM
Vyrn sighs. This man was obviously just like the rest of the commoners. [/Vyrn]

I don't drink.

Vyrn sees Amelia and immediately shuts up and stalks off to a corner.

FireFox
2009-04-10, 06:07 PM
Tobias' retort is lost when he catches sight of Amelia. Hey there, everything all right?

Kaelaroth
2009-04-10, 06:09 PM
Yeah! I'm, like, lovely. I didn't eat, for you. Amelia says, smiling at him, leaning forward, to try and brush his cheek with her ruby lipsticked lips, before sitting down to sip at her deep red wine.

FireFox
2009-04-10, 06:11 PM
Tobias' cheek is brushed and he raises an eyebrow. Didn't eat for me...? Despite Amelia's habit of choosing the most interesting ways to say things, he thinks he can understand her after only the second iteration now. You look, uh, lovely.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-10, 06:14 PM
Thank you. You look jaunty. You have to wear glasses when we're married, though, right? She says, as if only half-listening to the words that dance out of her mouth, before taking yet another elongaed sip from her wine-flute. Shall we dance? With him? She asks, pointing at Vyrn.

Darkcomet
2009-04-10, 06:15 PM
Vyrn, taking note that he was noticed, but not recognized, stalks out of the Taverna, wondering what the hell is going on.

FireFox
2009-04-10, 06:17 PM
Glasses...? Tobias follows the line of her finger and scowls at Vyrn. Hah, he's nothing more than a stuffy old noble. His voice twists into a mocking, vaguely Cockney, tone. Sad little king of a sad little hill, no doubt. Oh sure, I'm technically a Lord, but I'm not as bad as his kind.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-10, 06:19 PM
Amelia looks at him, and, expressionless, says That's so funny! Then, taking a sip of her drink, she gets up, and, gesturing for him to follow, wanders over to the piano, waving kindly to the pianist, who, previously bored, starts to play, jovially, Debussy's Wedding March. And Amelia starts to dance, rapidly and oddly, limbs jutting out, no rhythm. What a white girl. :smalltongue:

FireFox
2009-04-10, 06:21 PM
Tobias follows her, still scowling at the departed Vyrn. Might I ask, what's with the... matrimonial theme?

Kaelaroth
2009-04-10, 06:33 PM
Because we're going to get married, silly. I am, at least. She says, giggling, ever so slightly, as she gets about as near to him as she can possibly get. Are you going to get married?

FireFox
2009-04-10, 06:36 PM
I uh... Tobias' anger turns into depression as he sighs. Amelia, people I get married to die horribly. I like you, yeah, but I'm not going to make a target of you.

Terry576
2009-04-10, 06:38 PM
Ven wanders in, mightily abusing his ability to be in two places at once, and sits down at His/DC/Avatar/Vespe's table. He pulls out a nice six pack of what LOOKS like beer, but what is REALLY Nuka-Cola. He pulls one off, opens it, and chugs it in around thirty seconds. He mutters something that sounds like, Reuse, rinse, and repeat... as he pulls another one off.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-10, 06:38 PM
Fine! Amelia wails, her mood souring as rapidly as his. Pushing at his chest to back off, with all the strength of several Olympic bodybuidling champions, she bursts into high-pitched wails, as the pianist ceases to play, looking a little worried.

FireFox
2009-04-10, 06:40 PM
Tobias exhales as he narrowly avoids falling down, a look of hurt sorrow on his face. Amelia, please... He'd come after you, and I can't let that happen! Why do you even want to get married to a jackass like me, anyhow!?

Kaelaroth
2009-04-10, 06:43 PM
Well, I don't have to, now, do I? Amelia wails, her voice slightly jarring, before becoming somewhat dreamlike. I, like, didn't eat for three days, for you, so I could.. so I could... be lovely. But, Michelle's children would be beautiful, and, like, when the sky was tapping bleeding sky.. And... I HATE you! Stomping her foot (making quite an indent on the floor), she suddenly flies away, speeding off her feet, smashing through a window, and zooming away into the sky. Not amazingly quickly. But fairly fast.
((deadtime))

Darkcomet
2009-04-10, 06:43 PM
Drelin enters the tavern quietly and lurks in a corner.

The old man chuckles to himself. Watching these people never gets old...

FireFox
2009-04-10, 06:45 PM
You starved to... and what the hell are you talking about? Tobias watches with an open mouth as she leaves. Amelia! Sonuvabitch! Tobias hears Drelin and whirls on him. Something funny, jackass!?

Darkcomet
2009-04-10, 06:50 PM
Drelin frowns. What, going to take out your anger on an old man? That's rather pathetic, you know that?

FireFox
2009-04-10, 06:52 PM
Bull crap. Place like this, the older or younger you are from the average the stronger you are. Also, you just insulted me, and frail or not I don't take kindly to that. But, I'm nice enough to let you choose how this is going to go. Tobias snarls in pure fury.

Terry576
2009-04-10, 06:57 PM
Ven rolls his eyes hearing Drelin infuriate someone. He calls without turning around, Drelin, leave it. I don't feel like cleaning up a bloodstain right now. I just want to sit here, and drink some cola. He cracks open yet another bottle.

Darkcomet
2009-04-10, 06:59 PM
Drelin ignores Ven.

I really don't care what you do.

Tobias may note that the old man seems to have a hand in his cloak, as if ready to pull out a gun.

FireFox
2009-04-10, 07:01 PM
Tobias laughs angrily and starts superheating all metal on Drelin's purpose. In DnD terms, some sort of empowered Heat Metal spell.

Darkcomet
2009-04-10, 07:03 PM
:eek:

Drelin collapses, convulsing in utter agony.

Cyborg.

FireFox
2009-04-10, 07:04 PM
That's... unfortunate...
Tobias stops the effect almost instantly and strides forward. If I were you, I'd be thinking really hard about how old watching "these people" gets.

Darkcomet
2009-04-10, 07:06 PM
Drelin stands shakily.

You have no idea what you just did...

FireFox
2009-04-10, 07:10 PM
I know that I just hurt you, and I know that I can do it again. Tobias is dangerously angry now. All you have to do is sit down, but if you think you're too proud for backing down like that, well...

Darkcomet
2009-04-10, 07:13 PM
Drelin sighs. I don't suppose you'd tell me how you knew what I am...?

It's said in an entirely non-confrontational manner. He's just trying to improve his acts, really.

FireFox
2009-04-10, 07:16 PM
I'm the Goddamned Black Fox. He was trying to keep him from going for the hypothetical gun, but Drelin doesn't have to know that, now does he? If you've heard of me than you know I'm frankly a smart person who does his research. If not, well you do now. Are you going to sit down, or do I have to knock you out?

Darkcomet
2009-04-10, 07:18 PM
Drelin, scowling, stalks off, exiting the tavern.

FireFox
2009-04-10, 07:19 PM
Tobias, trying to calm down from his murderous rage, goes to his room and deadtimes.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-10, 08:08 PM
Well, the aforementioned pretty lights are acting fairly friendly. Swooping round his head, soft and sweet, dancing lightly. Well, quite friendly, indeed - till they attempt to burrow, semi-incorporeal, into his brain.

At this, the Tiefling falls off his barstool, writhing and wailing pathetically.
"Ohmygodthey'regoingtoeatmegetitoffgetitoff!"
This wailing and writhing is of course, just a front to cast a silenced... *peruses Beguiler Spell list* ...Color Spray! Against the eyeless lightbulb monsters. Well, he's doomed.

Meanwhile, Kris-the-Player makes a mental note to give Jazirian Slippery Mind when he hits level 10. Damn Kaela and his damn mind-eating characters. *grumblemumble*

horngeek
2009-04-12, 02:46 AM
Daisuke walks in, having use Shunpo to get from the HALO headquarters. He orders a drink, and sits down at one of the tables.

(Deadtime)

Kaelaroth
2009-04-12, 05:43 AM
At this, the Tiefling falls off his barstool, writhing and wailing pathetically.
"Ohmygodthey'regoingtoeatmegetitoffgetitoff!"
This wailing and writhing is of course, just a front to cast a silenced... *peruses Beguiler Spell list* ...Color Spray! Against the eyeless lightbulb monsters. Well, he's doomed.

Color Spray? :smalleek: The dromes, who merely look like they lack eyes, panic, and, buzzing loudly, make for the ceiling, phasing up and away one by one. Bzzzz-eeeek-bzzz!

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-12, 05:48 AM
Will just sort of lies there, looking confused.
"Wait? That actually worked?"
And then the adrenaline kicks in, about a minute late. He jumps up and pumps a fist in the air.
"Yeah!"

Kaelaroth
2009-04-12, 05:51 AM
They'll have their revenge! Admittedly, while out of their own homeplane they're much less intelligent, and he has scary lights (:smalleek:), but, but, but... they'll be back! Perhaps he has a nut allergy they can exploit!
... Though they'd need hands...
DAMNIT!
One might see the dromes drifting away from the building on the breeze, rather disgruntled, I might add.

horngeek
2009-04-12, 06:20 AM
Daisuke undeadspaces
Wait, what exactly did I miss?
He then sees the drones floating away from the tavern as he looks outside the window.
Oh, those things been attacking you?

Well, I have a remedy for that.
He unsheathes his sword
Bring light to the darkness, Shinken
As Daisuke says this, the large sword begins to glow quite brightly. Swinging it in the direction of the Drones, he says
Shinbakufuu
The light from the sword intensifies and turns into a blast of energy that shoots towards the drones.
(since I work on a spiritual level, this should affect the drones even if they can pull that incorpreability trick. and for power and speed of that attack, it can demolish buildings and is moving considerably faster than sound)

Kaelaroth
2009-04-12, 06:24 AM
((First off, they're called dromes. Also, hi! Awesome to see someone new here.))

The dromes, currently in a large cloud, are somewhat confused as a huge chunk of their swarm are incinerated by the aforementioned blast of light. Quickly, they scatter, moving in all directions, still outside the Taverna, however.

horngeek
2009-04-12, 06:28 AM
Well, that will have to do.
Daisuke sheathes Shinken (the sword) as it stops glowing, as he looks at the dromes.
I wonder what exactly they were... hmph.
Maybe have a look at HALO's library or research facilities to find out what exactly they were. Or just ask around.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-12, 06:31 AM
Meanwhile, outside, the dromes fade from view, as the remainder that survive are carried away by the wind. And, as they do such as thing, a barmaid quietly hands Daisuke a menu with a smile, before going back to the state of semi-oblivion in which NPCs reside.

horngeek
2009-04-12, 06:35 AM
Well, for now, I'll just have some dinner. Let's see... I think I'll have just a standard beer, and a... spagetti bolognase. After Orihime's cooking, you don't want to do much experimentation. (note: Orihime, in Bleach, has... unusual recipies)

Kaelaroth
2009-04-12, 06:38 AM
And his spaghetti bolognaise is instantly served, just-cooked and steaming, made with some lovely meat, its particular aroma especially enhanced by the scent of the fresh mushrooms that have been diced and sliced, along with several other root vegetables, and thrown into the mix.
Yummy!

horngeek
2009-04-12, 06:54 AM
Oh, that was a good meal. I'll have to come back here sometime. But for now, I need to find out what I can about these dromes.

Daisuke pays for the meal, and suddenly dissapears in front of the bartender's eyes, having used Shunpo to go to the Freedom Glades.

dagaarn
2009-04-12, 10:43 AM
The tavern door opens with a bang, it swings closed behind the large figure who ducks into the room, and then straightens, a few heads taller than everyone else.(about 2 and a half metres tall)
As he moves through the room towards the bar, chains are heard, rustling on the ground behind him. Though nothing but this giant man is visible, a thousand voices can be very faintly heard, wailing in despair.

Toblakai sits gingerly on a barstool, hoping it wont break, and orders a large ale.

Fredthefighter
2009-04-12, 10:58 AM
Fred walks through the taverna door looking quite angry (see my current avatar for details on what he looks like)
He looks around and sits down, thinking about where to go next considering it doesn't look like anyone here knows what's causing certain people and animals to act angrily. Including himself.

Falgorn
2009-04-12, 11:00 AM
Falgorn follows Fred, breathing deeply. "No, Fred, me and Falgorn share the exact same thought process. Our brains are linked to one another. It's like I'm a super telephone...." See avatar for character. Falgorn is angry as well.

Fredthefighter
2009-04-12, 11:04 AM
That makes things easier. Now think, where else could we get more information on what's happening?
He ponders.
(Dinner deadtime for about 1hr)

dagaarn
2009-04-12, 11:15 AM
Toblakai quickly finishes his ale as he feels the stool begin to give way, and rapidly stands up, almost hitting his head on some candles hanging from the ceiling. He books a room for the night then heads off towards the stairs, as he tries to get there without mishap he accidentally bumps a table and upsets the drinks on it...

Fredthefighter
2009-04-12, 11:41 AM
Fred undeadtimes, wondering if anyone in all of acronym knows what's happening with the animals and angry people. It's making more annoyed by the minute.
There's a low growl in his throat which quickly stops.
Luckily, Fred is the only dwarf who doesn't drink alcohol regularly. So the bumped table doesn't bother him, partially because he's deep in thought.

Falgorn
2009-04-12, 11:47 AM
"What do you suggest, Fred?" He says, trying to ignore the table.

dagaarn
2009-04-12, 11:49 AM
Toblakai pays for the spilt drinks and heads to his room in which he quickly falls asleep and deadtimes until dagaarn finished easter dinner

Fredthefighter
2009-04-12, 11:50 AM
Fred sighs.
I don't know what to do Falgorn, I'm a fighter and a dwarven defender, I'm meant to take orders not give them. I don't have the charisma for leadership. And unless Sparky is some nickname you've decided to start calling me. I sincerely suggest don't call me that ever again.
He sighs and slams his fist (hammer style) against the table.
I just don't know what to do!

Falgorn
2009-04-12, 11:55 AM
"Fine, Fred. I suggest we take a poll...no, we should eavesdrop. See if anyone else has had an anger problem. Maybe it's just a coincindence."

Kaelaroth
2009-04-12, 11:59 AM
pop
LaRoth, looking stunning in a emerald evening gown, along with ropes and rings of gold and pearls, appears at the bar, ordering, quickly, a tall glass of Bloody Mary, an angry expression on her pretty, illusory face.

Fredthefighter
2009-04-12, 12:02 PM
Okay, that sounds like a good plan, should we wait here then?

Darkcomet
2009-04-12, 12:02 PM
Drelin, in appearance an old man using a sniper rifle as a crutch, appears next to LaRoth. He doesn't order anything, though.

Falgorn
2009-04-12, 12:04 PM
"Hmph. Maybe we should ask her...or just see what she does." He says, motioning to LaRoth.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-12, 12:06 PM
LaRoth takes a sip of her drink, and smiles at Drelin, ordering him a plate of french fries, before her expression sours again.

Fredthefighter
2009-04-12, 12:09 PM
Fred gets up and walks over to LaRoth, he tries to look as harmless as possible. Which is quite hard considering he's an armed dwarf who is currently angry.
Excuse me, I'm investigating a recent surge in anger across Acronym. Would you happen to know anyone who has recently succumbed to irrational anger?

Kaelaroth
2009-04-12, 12:12 PM
LaRoth scowls. No. How 'bout my boyfriend? He fracking decided that I was r- No, actually, just, just, no. Why don't you wander back to wherever the hell you came from. :smallfurious:

Darkcomet
2009-04-12, 12:13 PM
Drelin, a little confused, eats with the hand not holding his gun.

I can't claim to have any knowledge of that. He says this without turning to face Fred.

Falgorn
2009-04-12, 12:15 PM
"Now listen here, Ma'am. There is no need for insults." He turns to Fred and whispers. "Yeah. It's not just a coincidence."

Fredthefighter
2009-04-12, 12:16 PM
Ah, okay, thankyou for your time anyway.
He smiles fakely then walks away.
Miserable cow. he mumbles inaudibly.
He sits down looking dissapointed and annoyed, then turns to Falgorn.
They don't know anything about it. Do we wait here and wait for someone else to arrive or try something else?
Fred's looking quite miffed right now.
Falgorn, calm down, we don't want to start a fight, not right now anyway.
Fred's breathing deeply as he tries to restrain himself, he doesn't need to be restraining Falgorn as well, but he has to if he doesn't want to end up in a fight.
Although I think you're right. he whispers to Falgorn.

Darkcomet
2009-04-12, 12:23 PM
Oooh... Bad move, Fred. Drelin heard that.

Damned cyborg.

I think the dwarf just insulted you, LaRoth.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-12, 12:26 PM
Oh, for frak's sake. LaRoth spins round, and glares at Fred, her eyes flickering, briefly, to show skull-like sockets where her pretty eyes seem to be.

Fredthefighter
2009-04-12, 12:26 PM
Why don't you bugger off instead of bothering me when I've got problems of my own!
He draws his shield ready to block if need be. He is not in the mood for a fight right now.
He looks at LaRoth.
What? he says in an annoyed manner.