PDA

View Full Version : Phantom of the Opera Werewolf - Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2

ThePhantom
2009-04-06, 10:25 AM
Paris, 1870.
The Opera House Populare has come under new management.
André: "So, would you mind explaining this note I found before you go? And why do we have to wear these masks?"
Me:"Sigh, Miss Carlotta wanted a maskaque, and you have to keep Miss Carlotta happy."
Firmin:"But what about the note?"
Me: "Madame Giry will explain that. As for myself, I have a train to catch."
André:"Madame Giry?"
Madame Giry:"It is from the Opera Ghost. He welcomes you to his Opera House."
Firmin:"His Opera House?"
MG: "And says that his salary is due. He also wishs for Miss Daaé to sing as tonight's star."
André:"His salary!?! No, we will run this opera house as we see fit."

Within the bowels of the Opera House: "So, it is to be war between us."

Results: ThePhantom has left the Opera House. He was the narator.
-----------
The Roles:

Good Guys: Win when all wolves are dead, extra win if both Christine and Raoul are alive at the end of the game.

Christine Daaé: The rising star of the Paris Opera, and the love of both the Phantom and Raoul. Because of her long time with the opera house and being taught by the Phantom, she is able to know the true identity of people. Seer, extra win condition for wolves

Raoul: The Viscount de Chagny, patron of the Paris Opera house. He is able to protect himself and others from the Phantom's wrath. Baner

André and Firmin: The new managers of the Opera house, they know each other role, but if one dieds, the other goes with him. Partners/lovers

Carlotta: The prima donna of the paris opera, and is very jealous of Christine's sucess. Vain and self-focus, she thinks that she can tell the real identity of people, but she is not often right. Fool

Police: The police summoned by Raoul to trap the Phantom. They know each other. Masons

Cast: The cast of the opera house. They just want to survive this madness. villagers

Neturals: Win by staying alive, but if Madame Giry doesn’t reveal role to either The Phantom or Raoul, they both lose.

Madame Giry: Head of the ballet, she knows about the Phantom, and the opera house, but right now, she isn't talking.
Fool, however if Meg Giry is out of the game, then normal Seer.

Meg Giry: Daughter of Madame Giry, she has a bit of influence over the cast. Day baner, cooldown two days

Wolves: Win when other roles are equal to number of living wolves. Extra win: Christine lynched or night killed.

Shadows: The hiding places of the Phantom. wolves

Head of Fire: A firely head, that wanders the opera house. Its eyes of fire can see the identity of people. Devil

Red Death: The guise of the Phantom during the Masquerade. Touch him not, least ye die. Beast

The Phantom: The Phantom of the Opera himself.
Alpha, special: If lynched, the role of the Phantom moves to a shadow.

List of Players
1-Reinholdt - beast kill day 3 - Firmin
2-Murska - lnyched day 2 - shadow
3-RabbitHoleLost - beast kill day 3 - André
4-Night Surgeon captured night 1- Raoul
5-Gnomish Wanderer - killed night 3 - cast
6-happyturtle - taken night 2 - Christine Daaé
7-Shadowcaller
8-Dirk Kris
9-Aemoh - lynched day 1 - member of the cast
10-PhantomFox - taken night 4 - Meg Giry
11-Fleeing Coward - lynched day 3 - red death
12-Tired N' Drowzy
13-Crimmy
14-Noir_Cat - autolynched day 5 - cast
15-Jontom Xire - electrocuted night 5 - Carlotta
16-Zar Peter - lynched day 4 - cast
17-D_Lord - lynched day 5 - cast
18-Fostire
19-Helgraf
20-Darkcomet
21-EagleWiz - lynched day 6 - cast
22-Icewalker - autolynched day 5 - police
23-pondshadow - killed night 6- police
24-Talic
25-Toasty

UncleWolf
2009-04-08, 01:10 PM
"Alas...poor Murska, for I knew him, happyturtle."

<.<

Sorry, wrong play.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-08, 01:15 PM
((I open this game up by voting for EagleWiz.))

Wreckingrocc
2009-04-08, 03:35 PM
Crimmy.

The random finger stab has yet to fail me.

Helgraf
2009-04-08, 10:22 PM
"Whose was that voice?"

Dear Fermi vis a vis my opera,
Some chorus members must be sacked...

If you could find out which has a sense of pitch...
Wisely though, I've managed to assign minor roles to those who cannot act.

DarkComet

toasty
2009-04-08, 10:25 PM
Aemoh should die, methinks.

Icewalker
2009-04-08, 11:11 PM
A tall man in remarkably unremarkable common clothes looks over the crowds with a keen eye, focusing on happyturtle with a scowl.

Crimmy
2009-04-09, 01:00 AM
*The clumsy newbie dancer enters stage for rehearsal, just to trip on a chain from the dancers.*
Goddamnchains... Uh? Why izzat peggson pointingg at moi?
Nevegmind that, seems my fgggriends have chosen happytugggtle!

Fan
2009-04-09, 01:23 AM
The Angel of Music doth descend from his celestial throne, granting the boon f celestial chrous upon those worthy. Yet, lo for he has found a musical DEVIL in thy midst, with rap music in a opera house they hast sinned, and the angel of music dost smote the bringer of rhymes most foul Aehmoh!

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-09, 03:00 AM
Points at Murska before JX does.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-04-09, 03:16 AM
((Roleplay-y post later. For now, a simple point at Tired N' Drowzy for no reason ))

Talic
2009-04-09, 04:09 AM
D_lord, because nobody has yet, and I want more information before I make points that are meaningful.

Jontom Xire
2009-04-09, 04:31 AM
I point at Fleeing Coward for pointing at Murska before I could!

:smallbiggrin:

Murska
2009-04-09, 05:36 AM
I believe Happyturtle once dared me to try and get her day-1-lynched. :smallamused:

happyturtle
2009-04-09, 05:48 AM
((Please don't lynch me! :smalleek::smallfrown:))

The props mistress unpacks the Phantom's coffin-bed. "Oh dear, this is horribly musty. Can someone help me carry this outside to let it air out?"

Aemoh
2009-04-09, 07:49 AM
*points at Night Surgeon*

For spelling my name wrong :smalltongue:

PhantomFox
2009-04-09, 08:27 AM
Icewalker because I feel like it.

Reinholdt
2009-04-09, 09:38 AM
((Right. Well Happyturtle since she's under the impression girls can't get day-1 lynched no matter what. Course she hasn't played with me in a while. :smalltongue: RP later when songs get decided on.))

happyturtle
2009-04-09, 10:15 AM
Think of me fondly, Aemoh.

First of all, I acknowledge that as a player, I totally deserve to be day one lynched, and should probably never ever be trusted.

But for the sake of team good, you really don't want to lynch me.

Dirk Kris
2009-04-09, 10:44 AM
The ONE game I HAD to play - and I miss the recruitment period. Great, just great.

I know it'll be tons of fun, and Dirky be super-jealous!

UncleWolf
2009-04-09, 10:46 AM

What? You only want Aemoh to think of you fondly? :smallwink:

Crimmy
2009-04-09, 10:54 AM
[[Well, right now, the biggest Bandwagon is against happyturtle. I believe she has 5 votes.

The next one is Aemoh, with 3 votes.

Which one shall be hanged today, I wonder?]]

[[Great, Reinholdt, now we have a tie.

Happyturtle--4
Aemoh--4]]

Reinholdt
2009-04-09, 10:55 AM

First of all, I acknowledge that as a player, I totally deserve to be day one lynched, and should probably never ever be trusted.

((Alright, Prima Donna. This once. I'll first day lynch you somewhere else. :smallannoyed: Aemoh just cause he's next highest in vote count.))

Icewalker
2009-04-10, 12:05 AM

(...because that comment will totally help.)

happyturtle
2009-04-10, 04:33 AM
Wolfbane introduced me to this awesome Phantom of the Opera remix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFIA1m7COYU).

Cause he's just cool that way.

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-10, 04:58 AM
Switching to happyturtle.
For the sake of team evil, I must vote for your lynch :smalltongue:

((Seriously, I've heard the you'll regret it defence too many times. If you're the baner, you might as well come straight out, if you're any other good role all you're doing is begging for the wolves to kill you.))

happyturtle
2009-04-10, 05:06 AM
Indeed. Which is why I didn't come out until I was in danger of a lynch.

But isn't it better to make the wolves use a kill on me than just hand my corpse over to them?

Shadowcaller
2009-04-10, 05:13 AM
((Aemoh then...))

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-10, 05:16 AM
If you were indeed on team good then I'd agree with that but this is WW so forgive me for been skeptical about what you said especially considering the vagueness of your claims - technically, even lynching a villager will hurt team good.

edit:
Basically, what I'm asking for is that you come out with your exact role since you claimed you'll be a great loss for the villagers.
If you're lying, I'm sure the person that actually has the role you claim will dispute them and we can lynch you but if you're telling the truth, then you might even survive the night with the baner's protection if no one disputes your claims.

edit2:
For people like me who needs more than a subtle hint to understand, happyturtle has claimed to be the seer(s). I'd strongly advise that the baner bane happyturtle and the other seer/fool scries her tonight to confirm her identity before any power roles reveal their role to her.

edit3:
Looks like happyturtle posted while I was editting this so please ignore the first part of edit2.

happyturtle
2009-04-10, 07:15 AM
Think of me
think of me fondly,
when we've said goodbye.
Remember me
once in a while -
please promise me
you'll try.

We never said
our love
was evergreen,
or as unchanging
as the sea -
but please
promise me,
that sometimes
you will think
of me!

Of course, if I'm not lynched, I could use Raoul to hold me and to hide me . . .

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-10, 07:23 AM
Aemoh today I guess.

UncleWolf
2009-04-10, 08:50 AM
Then I will also change my point. Aemoh.

Crimmy
2009-04-10, 09:13 AM
[[Okay, so we can all forget about happyturtle.

I'm not changing my vote, basically because my internet is kinda slow, I dunno why.

But even so, Aemoh now has 7 points against him.

happyturtle: Nice video.]]

Crimmy
2009-04-10, 01:05 PM
Sorry to doublepost, but I must make a little announcement.

I'm gonna be away for a while.
I should be back by monday, unless my mom becomes even more of
the bother that she is now.

So, please, no autolynch and/or lynch.

Talic
2009-04-10, 01:19 PM
Wow. Lotta day 1 activity. Subtle hinting that Turtle is Christine... Masterfully played, I must admit.

For the baner to have a chance at preserving the extra win, he's gotta bane you until your identity can be determined... Especially since Christine is an extra win for the wolves, all by her lonesome.

Quite convenient, if true. Then again, you haven't come out and said much of anything. If you are indeed a wolf, Bravo. Bravo indeed. I suppose I'll wait to see what Aemoh is before casting any suspicion on that though...

Y'know, since it seems he's pretty well toast.

EagleWiz
2009-04-10, 01:21 PM
Aemoh it is. And can you (re)send me my role pm?

ThePhantom
2009-04-10, 02:14 PM
Crimmy: Noted.

EagleWiz: resending you role in a few minutes.

pondshadow
2009-04-11, 06:45 AM
Joining random day 1 bandwagon Done! I....will....point...at Aemoh!

Mustiado
2009-04-11, 11:00 AM
Uh... apparently I was left off of the player list. Never mind then.

...Go chandelier?

Zar Peter
2009-04-11, 11:16 AM
I point at EagleWiz

Day 1 random point not following random bandwaggon

ThePhantom
2009-04-11, 11:44 AM
End of day 1

As the day draws to a close, and night falls, the new managers receive a list of complaints. "Are they serious? Nine people are saying that they can't work with Aemoh anymore." "Well, we can't afford to make that many people angry, the opera for tonight couldn't go on, and we have a full house." "Well, then that settles it. Aemoh, your'e fired, now get out of the Opera House."

Summary: Aemoh was lynched, he was a member of the cast.

Night 1 begins, it ends in twenty-four hours.

Crimmy
2009-04-11, 06:58 PM
Okay, news on my "hiatus".

I might be able to post through these days, but it will be mostly random, so don't count entirely in me yet.

Dirk Kris
2009-04-12, 10:47 AM
Alright, people, it's ON LIKE DONKEY KONG - DIRKY is in the game!

ThePhantom
2009-04-12, 11:58 AM
End of Night 1

After the opera, Night Surgeon, attempting to have a word with Christine, heads to her dressing room. Opening the door, he sees Christine walking through her mirror. "Christine!"
He runs after her, but after a few twists and turns in the dark labyrinth, he loses sight of her. "Now where did see go? No phantom will keep me from her."
"Bravo Monsieur! Such spirited words!"
Night Surgeon quickly turns around and see the Phantom. He draws his sword and charges at the Phantom, who is merely a mirror. "More tricks, Monsieur?"
The Phantom appears at the end of the hall. "Let's see mosieur, how far you dare go!"
Night Surgeon charges up the hall, dodging the fireballs that the Phantom throws at him. As he reaches the Phantom, he discovers that once again, it is only a mirror. "More deception? More violence?"
As he turns, a wall desends from the ceiling, trapping him.
"Farewell, monsieur. Don't worry, I won't kill you yet. I'll be back for you at a latter date."

Summary: Night Surgeon was captured by the Phantom. He was Raoul, Viscount de Chagny.

Day two begins, and ends in forty-eight hours.

Talic
2009-04-12, 12:01 PM
... Damn. So much for the Baner.

Dirk Kris, for coming in on day 2. That's a classic laying low wolf trick.

Wreckingrocc
2009-04-12, 12:02 PM
...Ouch. That's... Painful.

Zar Peter for randomness.

Murska
2009-04-12, 12:05 PM
Okay, well I know for a fact that NS contacted Happyturtle, since I was in on that conversation. Happy got him to bane her, so I think it's quite clear who's a wolf...

Happyturtle.

happyturtle
2009-04-12, 12:11 PM
I call Murska Constant.

Yes, somehow Murska got Night Surgeon's role out of him, and then hooked us up via msn.

And why did he do that? I didn't need to know NS's role in order to be baned. The only reason to let me know would be to frame me.

Murska.

Here's hoping I'm actually the fool, since I'm not going to survive until tomorrow either way.

Murska
2009-04-12, 12:16 PM
Actually, I told NS not to contact you. He did after all, and this is what happened.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-04-12, 12:27 PM
A small ballerina, no older than fourteen, skittered across the dormitory of the Opera, whimpering. Two people killed so far, not a single one of them that scary, big...ghost, or whatever he was.
Everyone was suspicious, everyone frightening. Why did she leave her home, her mother, to chase after such pointless dreams of dancing?

((I'mma point at Zar Peter. Just cause I can
Vote change to Murska, 'cause this is good stuff from Happy ))

happyturtle
2009-04-12, 12:34 PM
Except he didn't contact me. You contacted me, added NS/FF Fanboy to the chat, and then told me his role.

Fortunately, I just got my scry results, which said that NS was a member of the Cast. So I'm actually Carlotta the Toad, and therefore expendable.

[22:50] Murska: Might I introduce, the claimees are here.
[22:51] Murska: On one corner, Happyturtle, the Seer/Fool... or so she says.
[22:51] Murska: And in another corner...
[22:51] Murska: Want me to tell?
[22:51] FF Fanboy: I'm claiming the baner role
[22:51] Murska: Aww. My introduction. :(
[22:51] FF Fanboy: I know this is taking a large risk happy.
[22:51] Murska: (Now I wonder when Happy'll lynch me cuz I know too much for a Cast member. :P)
[22:51] FF Fanboy: But, if we are right
[22:52] FF Fanboy: and each of our role claims are true
[22:52] FF Fanboy: Then we can pull a easy victory for team villager
[22:52] Happy: yeah. But Fan, you shouldn't have claimed anything. I onoy did because I was in danger of lynching :P

D_Lord
2009-04-12, 12:44 PM
I say Murska, because he is always one.

Murska
2009-04-12, 12:44 PM
Nice try... Let me fetch the REST of the conversation.

10.4.2009 0:47:50 Aegnor FF Fanboy Should I tell her to scry you?
10.4.2009 0:47:54 Aegnor FF Fanboy It's a risk.
10.4.2009 0:47:57 FF Fanboy Aegnor Sure if you want to take a risk
10.4.2009 0:48:03 Aegnor FF Fanboy Well it's your call
10.4.2009 0:48:05 FF Fanboy Aegnor But I'm the baner
10.4.2009 0:48:07 Aegnor FF Fanboy I'm not the powerrole here. :P
10.4.2009 0:48:10 FF Fanboy Aegnor So I'm fine
10.4.2009 0:48:13 Aegnor FF Fanboy 'kay, well sure.
10.4.2009 0:48:23 FF Fanboy Aegnor Should I bane myself or her tonight?
10.4.2009 0:48:38 FF Fanboy Aegnor >..> I was thinking her as she's role claimed.
10.4.2009 0:48:57 FF Fanboy Aegnor But why dont you bring her into this so we can discuss together?
10.4.2009 0:49:13 Aegnor FF Fanboy hm. Well, I told her to scry you but no details about what you've claimed
10.4.2009 0:49:29 Aegnor FF Fanboy since that way you can bane yourself in case she's evil
10.4.2009 0:49:34 Aegnor FF Fanboy but if you wish to call her here, sure
10.4.2009 0:49:56 FF Fanboy Aegnor Well, this is all one VERY large risk but if we're right
10.4.2009 0:50:10 FF Fanboy Aegnor Then we may pull a early win for team cast/villager
10.4.2009 0:50:12 Aegnor FF Fanboy yup
10.4.2009 0:50:18 Aegnor FF Fanboy should I invite her here?
10.4.2009 0:50:23 FF Fanboy Aegnor I gots it
10.4.2009 0:50:25 Aegnor FF Fanboy or you could lessen the risk
10.4.2009 0:50:27 Aegnor FF Fanboy and bane yourself tonight

Zar Peter
2009-04-12, 12:46 PM
Point at Murska

In this game Happy's arguments with MSN chat are more convincing.
And Murska tried to get my role yesterday (well, actually he got it :smallwink:), I think he's trying to get as much information as he can as long as he lives.

happyturtle
2009-04-12, 01:01 PM
Okay, then we're in agreement that I wasn't the one who tried to get NS's role out of him.

If Murska was innocent, he could have tried harder to get NS to keep his role to himself though. :smalltongue:

Talic
2009-04-12, 01:01 PM
Meh, chat arguments are too easy to fake. And the only one I'd trust to corroborate it is dead. On one side, I see Murska telling the baner to hide himself, and dissuading conflict. On the other, I see NS blurting out his role. One or the other could be true (at least one probably is)... Or both could be.

Still doesn't prove anything. Heck, Happy's claim to be the fool could still mean she's the seer. It's all on trust. And that's dangerous to have here.

Murska's convincing... Then again, Murska's always convincing. Either way, our power roles were dangerously, almost criminally, irresponsible. You never reveal your role to Cast! Not when there's a wolf in the game that scries as a cast member! *facepalm*

Okay, then we're in agreement that I wasn't the one who tried to get NS's role out of him.

If Murska was innocent, he could have tried harder to get NS to keep his role to himself though. :smalltongue:

NS is a big boy. I'm sure he's qualified to make his own decisions. He didn't need Murska to hold his hand on that one. No, revealing his role was done by him, if your own accounts are true, and that is his responsibility to bear.

Jury's still out on both of you. Chances are, based on how it's going, murska's gonna die to test this. I hope for your sake he's a wolf. Cause if he's not, it really only leaves one choice left.

Murska
2009-04-12, 01:05 PM
Hm. I'm not sure about Happyturtle anymore, so please, seer/fool(s) around, scry her the next night before lynching her even after I die. See, I found this...

10.4.2009 0:52:31 Happy FF Fanboy, Aegnor yeah. But Fan, you shouldn't have claimed anything. I onoy did because I was in danger of lynching :P
10.4.2009 0:52:49 FF Fanboy Happy, Aegnor I claimed to form a trust thing.
10.4.2009 0:53:03 FF Fanboy Happy, Aegnor In WW, you either know everything about another player or nothing
10.4.2009 0:53:39 FF Fanboy Happy, Aegnor and I prefer a even turf. And if you 2 are wolves in cohots
10.4.2009 0:54:00 Aegnor FF Fanboy, Happy Well, that's improbable enough, given that I tried to lynch her, that... :P
10.4.2009 0:54:03 FF Fanboy Happy, Aegnor Then know that I have informed some random people that you have contacted me.

Zar Peter
2009-04-12, 01:06 PM
Meh, chat arguments are too easy to fake. And the only one I'd trust to corroborate it is dead. On one side, I see Murska telling the baner to hide himself, and dissuading conflict. On the other, I see NS blurting out his role. One or the other could be true (at least one probably is)... Or both could be.

Still doesn't prove anything. Heck, Happy's claim to be the fool could still mean she's the seer. It's all on trust. And that's dangerous to have here.

Murska's convincing... Then again, Murska's always convincing. Either way, our power roles were dangerously, almost criminally, irresponsible. You never reveal your role to Cast! Not when there's a wolf in the game that scries as a cast member! *facepalm*

NS is a big boy. I'm sure he's qualified to make his own decisions. He didn't need Murska to hold his hand on that one. No, revealing his role was done by him, if your own accounts are true, and that is his responsibility to bear.

Jury's still out on both of you. Chances are, based on how it's going, murska's gonna die to test this. I hope for your sake he's a wolf. Cause if he's not, it really only leaves one choice left.
Well, she said she scried the baner as cast so either she's the fool or a wolf. So the seer is still hidden (hopefully)

happyturtle
2009-04-12, 01:17 PM
I'm not disputing anything in Murska's chat transcripts. The first one I wasn't there for, but seems in character for NS. The second I can attest to.

All you can do is lynch Murska first, and if he's innocent, lynch me, and then if we're both innocent, then you're back at square one, and hopefully Christine can come up with some leads before Team Villager falls too far behind.

Talic
2009-04-12, 01:18 PM
Well, she said she scried the baner as cast so either she's the fool or a wolf. So the seer is still hidden (hopefully)

Unless, of course, she's lying, now that the baner's not around to act as a shield. If she were the real seer, it'd be her only defense.

Reinholdt
2009-04-12, 01:20 PM
Right. Murska claims to be a cast member?
No big loss if we lynch Murska then. Way I see it, it's probably either Murska or Happy.
Or some really, really lucky wolves.
But I'll go with the Murska or Happy for now. If Murska's not one, Happy goes tomorrow.

*sings his favorite lines*
Down once more
to the dungeon
of my black despair!
Down we plunge
to the prison
of my mind!
Down that path
into darkness
deep as hell!

happyturtle
2009-04-12, 01:31 PM
The stress that falls upon a
famous prima donna!
Terrible diseases,
coughs and colds and sneezes!
Still, the dryest throat
will reach the highest note,
in search of perfect
opera!

Talic
2009-04-12, 01:45 PM
Fair nuff. I'll change my vote to Murska.

Seems Like Reinholdt has the right idea. Someone in there is the wolf. Might as well try to cauterize it out with the least important role first.

Fan
2009-04-12, 01:49 PM
*falls to the ground, bleeding, as Christine rushes to his side.*
*begins his deathly duet*

Christine:
Raou be still,
there is nothing you need say,
it can wait.

Raoul:
Christy, my mother's... calling me.

Christine:
Sometimes I wanted to cry
when the people on TV were not quite the way we were
somehow I guess I just knew.
But I didn't know I'd love you so much
I didn't know I'd love you so much
but I do.

Raoul:
Sometimes I'd stay up all night
wishing to God that I was the one who died.
Sometimes it's not enough.. time.
But I didn't know I'd love you so much
but I do.

Christine:
Didn't know I'd love you so much.

Raoul:
Didn't know I'd love you so much.

Both:
Didn't know I'd love you so much
but I do.

Raoul:
Christine please go.

Shilo:
Raou, I will not leave you here
you will live.

Raoul:
But you've already saved me, dear.
Go and change the world for me.

Both:
We will always have each other
in our time of need
(Christine) Raou, you're the world to me.
(Raoul) Christine, you're the world to me

there is no meaning about this song aside from tragic death
*dies as he bleeds out*

Talic
2009-04-12, 01:52 PM
(Psst, you're captured, not dead.)

Murska
2009-04-12, 02:04 PM
By the way, neutrals. You cannot win unless you contact the Phantom now so you're pretty much wolves. Bad luck.

Talic
2009-04-12, 02:06 PM
Actually, they're screwed. Even if they contact the wolves, the wolves stand to gain by killing them, as kills of neutrals bring them closer to the win condition.

EDIT: I suppose they could find a wolf, and make themselves useful, try to spy out the Villagers... But even then, such an alliance would last only as long as they could keep providing useful information.

Crimmy
2009-04-12, 02:20 PM
Murska it is, then.

Both happy and Murska could be plotting to clear each others names, so maybe this is how it goes:

They did have that talk with NS, and then they both decided it would be a nice alibi. They both fight, we choose one side, and then we clear the other of "being a wolf" charge. That way, one escapes death, the other gains the trust of the cast.

So, I believe we should keep our suspicions towards happy, even if Murska ends up being a wolf [Which I believe.].

Talic
2009-04-12, 02:24 PM
Murskait is, then.

Both happy and Murska could be plotting to clear each others names, so maybe this is how it goes:

They did have that talk with NS, and then they both decided it would be a nice alibi. They both fight, we choose one side, and then we clear the other of "being a wolf" charge. That way, one escapes death, the other gains the trust of the cast.

So, I believe we should keep our suspicions towards happy, even if Murska ends up being a wolf [Which I believe.].

Well if that's the case, we have to believe that the wolves chose Murska to die. Why on earth would the wolves kill one of their own? If both happy and murska kept quiet, they'd both be in the clear right now.

No, your theory doesn't hold water, unless the wolves want murska to die for some reason. Only reason I can think of is if he were the Beast.

EDIT: Even so, the wolves can't afford to go 1 for 1. It just doesn't hold water.

Wreckingrocc
2009-04-12, 02:26 PM
Even if he were the beast, it's probably not smart to kill him off simply to kill one more villager...

He can be used later, or, preferably, be cleared; he can't die any other way anyways.

Talic
2009-04-12, 02:29 PM
Agreed. So if he's a wolf, happy's probably not, as she outed him.

Crimmy
2009-04-12, 02:43 PM
You are both following a one-way street.
If Murska AND happy are both werewolves, then if one dies, the other gets cleared of all charges. Also, NS is captured because of the talk between those three. If anyone could get to free him, then he would spill the beans about that talk. Then they would be in deep.

So, what's the best thing to do?
Make sure that he doesn't talk. And make sure that at least one of them will stay alive to keep working as a spy.

Talic
2009-04-12, 02:57 PM
You are both following a one-way street.
If Murska AND happy are both werewolves, then if one dies, the other gets cleared of all charges. Also, NS is captured because of the talk between those three. If anyone could get to free him, then he would spill the beans about that talk. Then they would be in deep.

So, what's the best thing to do?
Make sure that he doesn't talk. And make sure that at least one of them will stay alive to keep working as a spy.

Late game time is less valuable than early game time for wolves. Happy outing Murska turn 2 to prevent a possible "if" scenario on turn 5 or 6? Doesn't sound likely.

No more likely, at least, than one wolf trying to bring down a cast member with murska, since he was outed anyway. That means that if she's a wolf too, everything's good, but if she's a good guy? I'd start wondering why you were so passionately arguing such a long shot.

EagleWiz
2009-04-12, 03:07 PM
Murska. for being an obvious wolf. Better luck strategy next time. And talic? If happy and Murska are both wolves, you are definatly next.

Talic
2009-04-12, 03:15 PM
Fair nuff, eagle. If you want to jump on the talic bandwagon if that's true, I can see the reasoning. After all, I'm arguing that it's not likely that they're both wolves. If they are though? Meh, 2 wolves down, and then I die? I'd call that a good trade.

But I don't think that's the case. If murska's a wolf, then I think happy's either seer or fool.

If happy's a wolf, then I think murska's a villager.

I doubt they're both wolves. That kinda gambit is foolishness of the highest caliber. And happy and murska aren't foolish.

Murska
2009-04-12, 03:21 PM
Murska. for being an obvious wolf. Better luck strategy next time. And talic? If happy and Murska are both wolves, you are definatly next.

Better strategy? Me, for a Baner and possible other benefits? :smallamused:

Hey all neutrals, you cannot win without contacting the Alpha so gimme your names and I'll make sure you're scried and contacted by the wolves soon enough.

Talic
2009-04-12, 03:38 PM
Well that settles that. One wolf outed. If y'all wanna keep going for happy, that's all you. I'll have no part of it.

happyturtle
2009-04-12, 03:52 PM
I'm dead tonight anyway.

This might be a good time for the villager power roles to get in touch with me and see if we can get a network started. Yes, it's a risk, but I think it's worth it.

Wreckingrocc
2009-04-12, 04:01 PM
Yeah...

Well, perhaps...

Hmm...

This is tricky. If she is a wolf, which is unlikely, and she's contacted, we're screwed. Royally.

Alternatively, if she's not, we can get a cool network. But I think it would work better if, after the seer scries someone who comes up village, they would receive a PM from the seer detailing this. They could then claim to be contacted by the seer, and they could take claims from everyone. If not everyone claims by a certain time limit, they are dubbed 'questionable.' The questionables will be lynched right after the duplicates. If the person is killed, it's OK, since the seer should receive a forward of all PMs. When the seer contacts someone else, they can send the list as well. That way, the time limit can stretch over several days. Several villagers may die, but we can get some good information, and know the potential wolves based on duplicates and unclaimeds. Most wolves will claim villager, but then the seer can begin the hunt.

Sound good? I think it's a healthy alternative to happy's plan, but mostly due to my constant paranoia.

The seer should never, ever come out to anyone other than the people they have cleared, or to an un-counter-claimed power role.

happyturtle
2009-04-12, 04:11 PM
Yes, and how long is that going to take? :smalltongue:

Let's face it, the wolves have the early lead. The best way to change that is to take a gamble.

Talic
2009-04-12, 04:15 PM
If happy's the seer, then I doubt we'll get the chance.

If not, it's worth a shot. However, the only issue I have with this is that who do you believe when duplicates are received? And villagers? Just thrown in with wolves?

Not to mention the slim chance that the seer scries the alpha. Then it's GG, villagers lose. Every power role just gave themselves over.

I personally have a bit more trust in wolves giving themselves away. If not by words, then by voting history.

Then again, I would rather not get thrown in with the wolves, so I'm a bit biased.

Fan
2009-04-12, 04:16 PM
(Psst, you're captured, not dead.)

Isn't that the same thing in this game?:smallconfused:

Darkcomet
2009-04-12, 04:17 PM
Yeeeah...

Murska.

Talic
2009-04-12, 04:25 PM
Aside from RP implications of big song and dance numbers, I don't think so.

Helgraf
2009-04-12, 04:51 PM
I gave you my music
Let your soul take wing.

And now, how you've repaid me
denied me and betrayed me

He was bound to love you
when he heard you sing

Oh ... Christine (sobs) Christine...

Murska

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-12, 07:09 PM
Murska since he admitted to been a wolf.

EagleWiz
2009-04-12, 07:12 PM
I'm dead tonight anyway.

This might be a good time for the villager power roles to get in touch with me and see if we can get a network started. Yes, it's a risk, but I think it's worth it.

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/its_a_trap.jpg

Talic
2009-04-12, 07:16 PM
I'd do it, if I had a power role to give you.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-12, 07:33 PM
Murska.....

Murska
2009-04-12, 07:37 PM
*sniff*
Here I stand, betrayed by my kind, forsaken by all and wanted by no-one.

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-12, 07:42 PM
I'm dead tonight anyway.

OK, let's look at the pros and cons of every good power role contacting happy:

Pros (If happy is indeed the fool):
- Mason network expands to include the seer and lovers
- Seer has proxies that are guaranteed to be good.

Cons (If happpy is actually a wolf)
- We lose the real seer + fool + masons + lovers for the gain of 2 wolves, one of which is probably the beast if they're willing to take such a gambit.
- Even if happy is the fool, seer using any guaranteed good proxy would result in the death of said proxy thevery next night.
- Even if happy is the fool, all it takes is one inactive power role and a wolf pretender and we'd lose all our power roles.

If I were a power role, I certainly wouldn't be contacting happy now especially considering what just happened to our baner who was foolish enough to give his role to not 1 but 2 people when there was absolutely no need.

ThePhantom
2009-04-12, 09:50 PM
As much as I hate to interupt this discussion, your narrator has a question.
Is there any one willing to make trophies for this game? I would do it myself, but I have little artistic ability on a computer. Please send me a pm if you are willing to help me out with tropheys.

toasty
2009-04-12, 10:28 PM
Murska He admitted to being a wolf. Its common sense to kill him.

Noir_Cat
2009-04-13, 02:53 AM
Personally, I think that it is a very good chance that both Murska /and/ Happy are wolves. Happy furthered this with her 'all power roles should send pms to me asap' bit.

For now, though, I'll jump on the Murska bandwagon.

Talic
2009-04-13, 02:57 AM
The chance does exist. Then again, if she is a wolf, she'll survive the night.

If she's not, the wolves can't take the chance that she's not the seer.

Easy solution? If she survives the night, lynch her. If not, she was innocent.

Yeah, it's a bit like throwing someone into the water to see if they're a witch, but it's beyond our control now, so let's wait and see.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-13, 06:17 AM
Well, if I survive the night, there is chance I'm also a wolf!

Lets assume for a second that she is not going night killed during the night, there are three possibilities.

She is the seer and the wolves choose to either ignore her or scry her during the night, since some of us are planning to lynch her anyway due the paranoid assumption that we are somehow sorrounded by wolves.
I KNEW that Murska and Happy talked with NS, they told me all about it before the night ended, I find it very hard to belive both of them would be wolves.

If she is the fool (or some other unimportant role), then our seer can scry her if he/she wants to risk losing a scry to someone that are likely to die during the night.

She is indeed a wolf, then ONE of our seer/fool will scry her and reveal her real identity and we don't need to lynch her based on strange logic. This would take two nights, but then the seer always can get a proxy to out her once the scries are done.

Of course, we can always lynch her later once one of the seer/fool dies, but lynching her now is very stupid and based on mostly paranoid logic.

Of course, some of you might pretend to be wanting to lynch her dur the off-chance that the wolves choose to ignore her, I really hope that is the case here.

pondshadow
2009-04-13, 06:18 AM
Well, i suppose I will point out at Murksa because he's addmitted it.

Talic
2009-04-13, 06:49 AM
I will say, the chances that Happy is a wolf are exceedingly low. Simply put, there's no reason for her to be brought in at all on the Baner issue. The Baner had already revealed himself to a wolf (Murska) by both happy and murska's accounts. There's nothing to gain by bringing additional wolves in.

Even if that were the case, if Happy were a wolf, there would be no reason to out murska. If Happy hadn't posted her accusation of Murska, and both were wolves, then they'd melt back into relative obscurity again, with a baner down and NO casualties.

Compare this to exposing 2 wolves, in a random gamble to get one into an inner circle, and a very likely shot to get both killed.

No, that seems like too much of a long shot for the wolves to bet two team members on. No, Happy's probably a villager. But she'll still be lynched, on the off shot that she actually survives the night... Because people are sheep, and either a wolf will start that bandwagon, or subtly prod it along when a villager starts it. Only hope for her is if the wolves leave her, and she's Day-baned.

happyturtle
2009-04-13, 07:21 AM
Can I get a mason to contact me please? :smallsmile:

Dirk Kris
2009-04-13, 07:42 AM
Murska

Little Lottie let her mind wander
Little Lottie thought, "Am I fonder of dolls?
Or of goblins? Of shoes?
Or of ribbons or frocks?
Or of chocolates?"

toasty
2009-04-13, 09:59 AM
All I'm gonna say is that Talic is using some pretty good logic.

But if Happy ISN'T a wolf, what would we gain by killing her? I suggest we leave her alive. She has claimed to be the seer, I'd rather we keep her alive. Besides, the wolves will probably kill her rather soon.

Crimmy
2009-04-13, 11:24 AM
I think I've cleared it a bit more now...
I still don't quite get the big picture, but from studying Tallic's lines, I've come to see that he might be a werewolf.
I'm not pretty sure how to explain it, it's like that itch that isn't really there, or that funny feeling in the back.

BTW, Phantom, I'm maybe not the best for the job, but I could whip up some trophies for ya.

Talic
2009-04-13, 11:37 AM
Crimmy, that is your 2nd time accusing me, if I remember correctly, and your best line of reasoning is "if happy is a wolf, I'm next". This time it's a gut feeling, a hunch, and a whisper and a prayer.

Please, I'd like to think the villagers have more to go on. I'm trying to argue to SAVE a probable villager, even though I know it's probably a lost cause. My reasoning led me to vote for Murska before he outed himself.

And you're arguing to "maybe" think I might be a werewolf. Well, news flash. Any of us might be. Let's try to keep our bandwagons to the wolf that's howling in the room, rather than however many may be lurking in the shadows.

Tell you what, you seem to be in the "Happy's a wolf" camp. Let's see how things turn out before we start throwing suspicion around. If I can convince the group here not to lynch her tomorrow, her night death is assured... If she's not a wolf. But it forces the wolves to use a night kill on her, rather than someone else. That keeps every other villager alive, at least.

If she is a wolf, then the wolves are a caliber of foolish not seen in a while. If that's the case, we've got a pretty decent fighting chance, as long as we play by the evidence, rather than listening to those funny feelings on your back.

EDIT: I don't mean to come off as harsh. I'm just tired of constantly being in the he said/she said wolf accusations. It always boils down to everyone thinking "if he's not a wolf, then the other one must be"... and in all likelihood, they're BOTH villagers, and the wolves are getting a jolly chuckle out of it. I'd rather see the game feud free, and I'd rather try to get a W here.

PhantomFox
2009-04-13, 12:58 PM
Sorry, can I have a recap? I'm a bit loopy since I am now an uncle! So... um... Murska?

Crimmy
2009-04-13, 01:01 PM
YAY! New point for my accusation!

I have never accused you, not even in my latest post have I accused you.
Your paranoia is showing. I said might, never said I was sure.
Please, don't dig too deep, or you'll just drown yourself, I still have my doubts about you being a werewolf, i'm still not sure, so please, make me trust you.

EDIT: Also, I still don't think happy's anything. I was just going on with the
so-called "proof" they showed, and I made my decision based on that.

happyturtle
2009-04-13, 01:16 PM
1. Before the role PMs ever went out, I dared Murska to try and get me day one lynched and said he couldn't do it because no one wants to lynch girls.

2. Game starts, and I look like I'm about to get day one lynched.

3. I come out as seer/fool to try and stop the lynch. Someone else is lynched, and I ask to be baned.

4. FF Fanboy/Night Surgeon tells Murska and then me that he's the baner.

5. Murska has NS nightkilled, then tries to frame me. After he's unsuccessful, he comes out as a wolf.

6. I get my scry results of NS and find out that I'm the fool.

7. Since I'm likely to get killed tonight, I'm trying to organize the villager's network before I go. I've gotten a good start, but I really need one of the masons to contact me.

8. Meanwhile, there are other debates about whether or not I'm a wolf, whether the power roles should talk to me, and whether I should be lynched if I survive the night.

Hope that helps! :smallsmile:

Talic
2009-04-13, 02:13 PM
YAY! New point for my accusation!

Your paranoia is showing. I said might, never said I was sure.
Please, don't dig too deep, or you'll just drown yourself, I still have my doubts about you being a werewolf, i'm still not sure, so please, make me trust you.

EDIT: Also, I still don't think happy's anything. I was just going on with the
so-called "proof" they showed, and I made my decision based on that.

I'm not going to "make you" anything. I'm tired of constantly having to defend myself turn after turn in these games. Whether I've been a mason, or a villager, or what-have-you, I've tried to play logically, and point out the gaping holes in people's paranoid theories, and every game, I get called a wolf for it. (or it's hinted, or suggested, or whatever)

So let's look at the paranoid theory this time, shall we? Let's look.
TEXT WALL!!!!!!! woo!
After night 1, and the baner was lynched...

Murska (Wolf - self-incrimination) - Accuses Happy of being a wolf (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5986029&postcount=47). - Note: He introduces information nobody has. Information that nobody could use to connect him or happy to NS's night killing... Until now. Ask yourself... Why?

Happyturtle (Fool by admission, identity unconfirmed) - Counter-accusation (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5986046&postcount=48), based on more new information that nobody had. Obviously, an attempt to get people to not lynch her. Why? Well, the above statement hasn't yet been corroborated yet, so it'd be murska trying to persuade others at this point.

Post 49 is another accusation by Murska, no corroborating evidence.

Post 51 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5986137&postcount=51) is the first of the chat logs (last half of the conversation).

Post 53 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5986180&postcount=53), Murska's counter, shows a bit more, but is ultimately inconclusive.

Now from this, we know that the two of these people are claiming to know that NS wasn't a random lucky kill. This is news to everyone.

What does that mean? If they had not revealed this, nobody would have known. There are a couple possibilities. The first, as you suggest, is that it's an intricate plan designed to get murska killed (1 wolf), and payoff one trusted role with the masons. Couple problems with this:
1) risky. Very risky. Wolves have the advantage, with baner dying. They've no need to be risky.
2) Happy already listed herself as expendable, and possessing no useful information (announcing herself as the fool). This means that even if the Masons DO trust her, they've no reason to contact her. She has no useful information. So plan fails, even if Happy's trusted.

The second? Murska was afraid that Happy would out him, and beat her to the punch. This line of thinking puts happy and murska at odds, which suggests that happy is not a wolf.

So we have enough information to clear either happy OR murska, at this point, and since neither claim useful information, to leave them both out of the loop. However, which one? Well, the jury's already leaning towards Murska, so that looks like the test subject. If murska's a wolf, chances are, happy's not.

But let's continue.

Post 59 doesn't disprove your theory, though it's pretty unlikely already.

And here's the theory that started this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5986523&postcount=68).
1) All this has done is raise suspicion on both of them. How on EARTH would anyone trust them after this?
2) Even if they do, WHY would they feed information to a Villager or a Fool?
3) Knowing this, why would a wolf take such a risk, based only on the hope that the villagers betray their ranks? Scratch that. Why would TWO wolves take that risk? That's what? 25% of the wolves? More?

I state my misgivings with your argument in 69 and 71, and Tired joins in on 70.

Your counter? Post 72. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5986594&postcount=72) If one gets lynched the other gets cleared of all charges and is free to be a wolf in the henhouse. But what you don't mention is that it's charges that WOULDN'T EVEN EXIST were it not for the two of them leveling them against each other.

Then Eagle actively threatens my lynch (74). This is the first post I mistook for you, in my more recent letter. Apologies on that.

In 75, I welcome the lynching, if they're both bad. So now, if you believe I'm a wolf, that's 3 in the pot. But Eagle's entire issue is my defense of Happy... If she's not a wolf, his entire argument crumbles, and it's ONE wolf, who happens to be very good at playing the manipulation angle. Murska.

Then in 76, Murska admits Wolf status. This seals his doom. He's gonna be lynched.

We have an option.
1) Lynch Happy next, followed by me, if Happy's a wolf.
2) Leave her alive for now. If she's a fool/seer as she claims, the wolves will get her soon enough. If not, she'll give herself away, and we can lynch her later.

I favor the second option. It goes without saying that we should leave her out of the loop, but that loop's not mine to make the choice in. Anyone that doesn't have useful information should never be privy to the inner circle. And if she's the fool, she doesn't have useful information.

So the compromise is: Don't trust her, but don't lynch her... yet. If she is the fool, then the REAL seer can verify that with a scry. Long as she doesn't show up as a villager, she can't be the Alpha. If she shows up as a wolf/villager, then she lied about seer/fool status. Lynch her then.

In this way, if your theory is correct, the wolf plan was foiled. Nobody's on the inner circle. If mine is, then no Good Guy gets lynched.

ThePhantom
2009-04-13, 06:54 PM
7 hours and fifteen minutes before day ends.

People in danger of autolynch: Fostire, Gnomish Wanderer.

Icewalker
2009-04-13, 07:11 PM
First off, quite quickly, a link you should all follow (http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B2BDAE65061FEEDC&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL). You chose a Phantom of the Opera game, after all.

Excuse me?

I still don't quite get the big picture, but from studying Tallic's lines, I've come to see that he might be a werewolf.

I'm sorry, but if that's not an accusation...

Anyways, Murska has already admitted it, so might as well toss out my vote as a roll call if nothing else.

Talic
2009-04-13, 09:10 PM
I'm sorry, but if that's not an accusation..

Technically, he's correct. It's not technically an accusation, though his idle maybe accomplishes the exact same task. A bit of semantic smoke and mirrors for the audience, as it were.

Icewalker
2009-04-13, 09:35 PM
Ok, but seriously? He didn't vote against you, but it wasn't exactly a subtle claim.

Crimmy
2009-04-13, 09:57 PM
Okay, sorry.
When I was writing that, i wasn't precisly trying to accuse him.
And yeah, now that I re-read it, I realize it does look like an accusation.

Anyhow, seems you're using your head all you can, so I'm gonna trust you on this one, Tallic.
Let's hope you're right.

Fostire
2009-04-13, 10:07 PM
7 hours and fifteen minutes before day ends.

People in danger of autolynch: Fostire, Gnomish Wanderer.

I'm sorry, I was away last week. I forgot to tell you, and then I forgot that this game had already started :smallredface:.

So umm Talic, to avoid the autolynch

After actually reading the thread, I'm changing my point to murska.

Talic
2009-04-13, 10:11 PM
Hey Fostire, glad to meet you! I wanted to go over a couple of lines with yWHAT IS THAT A CROQUET MALLET COMING AT MY HEAD AAAAHHHH!

So much for my funny comment. Grr.

Jontom Xire
2009-04-14, 02:24 AM
Not sure if I've voted yet, but Murska seems a safe bet.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-14, 04:58 AM
Did I forget to vote? Perhaps I did, Talic.

Gnomish Wanderer
2009-04-14, 04:19 PM
I should vote for Murska, because he's an admitted wolf and it would not change my suspiciosness at all, unlike the rare chance of it affecting me later, not that it makes much difference. But everyone is voting for murska and I hate bandwagons. Therefore I must vote for someone different I find suspicious.

Murska, you really are the most suspicious, even before you revealed your role. Hmph. With everyone on this bandwagon it makes it decidingly more difficult.

Shadowcaller, then. Your votes might be random, but they might not. Same with a lot of people, but I find you a bit suspicious.

ThePhantom
2009-04-14, 08:27 PM
End of Day2

"Has anyone seen the Viscount? Anyone? Great, just great. The formost parton of the Opera House has disappeared."
"Can things get worst?"
BOOM!
"Now what?"

One of the cannon props just went off, blowing a hole in the Opera House's roof. A piece of the roof falls, crushing someone.

"Who is?" "What happened?" "Why, this isn't a person. Its just a shadow?""How can a shadow be crushed?"

"Perhaps you will believe in the Opera Ghost." "There is no such thing as ghosts."

Summary: Murska was lynched, he was a shadow(Wolf)
Night 2 begins, and ends in about 24 hours

P.S. Here's another version of the song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-5UPSeoXhg&feature=related). Its different than the other versions in this thread so far.

Murska
2009-04-15, 07:04 AM
I like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8IuFl3sMhk) one the most. :smallsmile: (Go ahead and find a better version of it, I don't have time.)

Dirk Kris
2009-04-15, 07:10 AM
I actually watched about half this movie last night before American Idol came on and sobbed like a pathetic little fangirl.

...there's no hope for me, is there?

ThePhantom
2009-04-15, 09:11 PM
End of Night 2

Normally this is where I, your narrator, would put some story of what happened in the night.
However, I thought that this clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yNP-RtFl_4&feature=related), would do a better job of that than what I could think up.

Summary: Happyturtle was taken by the Phantom, she was Christine.
Day three begins and ends in 48 hours. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Talic
2009-04-15, 10:21 PM
Oof. This is not looking good. This is why we try to keep our lips sealed, with regards to power roles.

My spreadsheet isn't giving me a whole lot of info, with only 2 days. Murska's voting record wasn't very telling. Anyone got any thoughts or info / suspicions?

I'd rather not get keep on random pointing at day 3, but I don't want to counterpoint either. Both ways tend to not provide any real results.

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-15, 10:45 PM
Is that Christine as in Christine or is there still a chance that Happy's the fool? (In other words, are we as screwed as I think we are?)

As for suspects, I point at Fleeing Coward.
He pointed at Murska on day one (only a wolf would point at another wolf first day), changed to happyturtle after she claimed a power role (only a wolf would try to kill a power role), made a third change to a villager (wolf trying to cover his tracks) and waited until Murska claimed wolf before voting for him (wolf hoping for a second bandwagon to save Murska).
Can't get more suspiscious than that :smallbiggrin:

Talic
2009-04-15, 11:00 PM
...wait, wha? you pointed at yourself!? *groan* llama logic abounds, it seems.

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-15, 11:27 PM
...wait, wha? you pointed at yourself!? *groan* llama logic abounds, it seems.

What llama logic? Everything I said makes perfect sense. Also I've done this to myself as a wolf too so that's even more incriminating evidence against me.
If you really want other leads, I could always point at you instead - with the baner dead, I doubt there's anyone who really wants to draw attention of the wolves to themselves by been as vocal as you have been the past day, unless you're a wolf that is.

Talic
2009-04-16, 12:53 AM
Sigh. Here we go... again. I'm not getting mired in the "no, you" debate. I've been using logic to try and keep the bandwagons away from people who are almost surely villagers.

If you want to look at records?

Day 1? Intentionally threw my vote away. Day 1 points are meaningless.
Day 2? Voted for Murska. BEFORE he came out.

My outspoken? To try to get villagers to not lynch Happy. Main 2 reasons? 1) She could be lying about fool, in a futile attempt to save her skin from wolves. That was spot on, as she really was Christine.
2) Either way, the wolves will need her dead, so why not make them do the work for it?

As it turns out, she was not only a villager, but a power role villager.

If coming to her defense is now deemed as... suspicious? Meh, so be it. I've been outspoken in every WW game I've played in. Ain't gonna change it cause of a dead baner. Wolves want me dead? They'll have to do it. That gives everyone else 1 more turn to form a network.

EDIT: I hope the first half of your message was tongue in cheek. Cause it's suspiciously like an admission of being a wolf. The only reason I'm hesitant to believe it is that I can't for the life of me figure out why the heck a wolf would do that.

Helgraf
2009-04-16, 01:53 AM
First the Viscount de Chagny, now Christine ... why, why why could they not have taken Carlotta, the insolent cow!

((Hrm. Hrrrrrm. Jontom Xire. This point subject to change and persuasion.))

Gnomish Wanderer
2009-04-16, 01:54 AM
Eh hem. *clears throat and possibly head*

I still think Shadowcaller is suspicious.

Crimmy
2009-04-16, 06:15 PM
Wat ze ghell iz thiz!
We havv only found a zhedoww. Ands now, Ze Viscomte! Ands
giss gerlfggiend are lozt! Lozt!
You, you Fleeingggg Cogggward!, I
Shallenge you to a Duel! En Gárde!

EDIT: Eh, what?
Fleeing, I just noticed, you voted for yourself AND you gave proof that you are a wolf?

WTF?

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-16, 07:40 PM
Guess I'll point at Crimmy then. (More proof that I'm a wolf - only a single person pointing at me in nearly 24 hours and an immediate point switch to stop any potential bandwagons :smallbiggrin:)

Gnomish Wanderer
2009-04-17, 02:08 AM
Unless Fleeing is trying some sort of 'I'm making it so obvious that I'm a wolf that I can't possibly be one' defense to slide by I don't know what he's thinking. Either way pointing for yourself if you're not the phantom only hurts team good, and anything that hurts team good is bad. So I'm going to change my vote for Fleeing Coward for now. At least until we figure out his ultimate motive.

Reinholdt
2009-04-17, 02:21 AM
Unless, of course, she's lying, now that the baner's not around to act as a shield. If she were the real seer, it'd be her only defense.
Hmmm... Talic for this post. Putting that information in thread could only be helpful to the wolves.

Yeah, it's not much, and I'm anything but sure, but it's all I got right now.

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-17, 04:54 AM
Unless Fleeing is trying some sort of 'I'm making it so obvious that I'm a wolf that I can't possibly be one' defense to slide by I don't know what he's thinking. Either way pointing for yourself if you're not the phantom only hurts team good, and anything that hurts team good is bad. So I'm going to change my vote for Fleeing Coward for now. At least until we figure out his ultimate motive.

Yep, you caught me, I'm trying the too obvious to be a wolf tactic here to make myself not suspicious.
Seriously though, I'm actually the beast here and am planning on taking the last person to point at me down with me so better get in your votes quick if you want to live :smallwink:

Talic
2009-04-17, 05:23 AM
Hmmm... Talic for this post. Putting that information in thread could only be helpful to the wolves.

Yeah, it's not much, and I'm anything but sure, but it's all I got right now.

Fair nuff. I doubt the lack of that post would have saved her though. Wolves generally don't play around with power roles. Anyone representing one usually goes down quick. Only way they survive is if the baner stays hidden and alive, and... yeah. Wolves wouldn't have even chanced it.

That post was mostly made in response to someone who took Happy's post at face value. More meant as a "never take anything at face value, especially when they're staring down the barrel of a .45."

As for the above post? Well, ask and ye shall receive. Fleeing Coward, for admitting wolf, even if it is in jest.

I don't play around with those roles either.

pondshadow
2009-04-17, 05:43 AM
I think I'll vote for Reindholt

Jontom Xire
2009-04-17, 08:05 AM
I point at Helgraf.

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-17, 08:41 AM
Well, if all I've said ain't enough to get myself lynched today, I'll change my vote again because I'm a wolf grasping at straws here and trying to get a villager lynched instead of me.
Reinholdt

((And to the person who asked and any potential people who may ask, I'm not the day baner. I just felt suicidal at the start of the day and I'm just following through on my choice, stupid as it may be.))

Crimmy
2009-04-17, 11:50 AM
Reingholdtttt eeet iz, zen?

Reinholdt
2009-04-17, 12:44 PM
Fleeing Coward cause I don't wanna die, unlike him.

Fostire
2009-04-17, 12:59 PM
Fleeing Coward
Ninja text is here to take your life

Zar Peter
2009-04-17, 01:03 PM
Point at Crimmy

Darkcomet
2009-04-17, 01:04 PM
FC seems a bit too eager here...

Crimmy

Talic
2009-04-17, 01:12 PM
Either the world's most spectacular backfire, or a beast that's not very tactical. Either way, we'll see after the day ends what happens.

Icewalker
2009-04-17, 01:32 PM
Fleeing Coward clearly just no longer wishes to play (like a fleeing coward). Either that, or he wants to shoot his own team in the foot for kicks.

Which team that might be is probably indistinguishable.

That, or it is some kind of refuge by reverse psychology, in which case it most certainly isn't working.

Talic
2009-04-17, 02:00 PM
Nah, I think he's just slinging mud at anyone who disputes him. Don't wanna look dirty? Let him be a "wolf". We'll know soon enough, he's got the most votes.

toasty
2009-04-17, 02:30 PM
Fleeing Coward. Seems to be a wolf, IMO.

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-17, 07:38 PM
Back to Crimmy again I guess since it looks like I still have a minor chance of living despite all my claims to been a wolf/beast.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-04-17, 08:32 PM
Oooo, Crimmy, why not?

ThePhantom
2009-04-17, 10:00 PM
End of Day 3

In an attempt to calm the cast, the managers have organized a masquerade.
"André? Is that you?" "Yes. Firmin right?" "Correct my friend. Well, this seems to calming people down." "This is much better than the junkyard business.""Scrapmetal." "Sorry. Now who is that, wearing that red costume?"
A man wearing red robes walks down the stairs to a little ballet girl and her cat.
"Have you missed me, Good Monsieurs? Did you think that I not exist? I have written you a opera: Don Jaun Triumphant!" The figure throws down a bundle.
"Fondest greeting to you all, just a few instructions just before rehearsals start. Carlotta must be taught to act, not a normal trick of struting around the stage. Ubaldo Piangi must lose some weight, its not healthy in a man of his age. And my managers must learn that their place is in a office, not the arts. Do not fear, Miss Daaé will be returned to you for rehearsals and the opera itself." The figure takes a few steps back, and disappears in a blurst of fire.

"That's it!" "We quit! Its not worth it." The little ballet girl and her cat, André and Firmin flee the Opera House.
"Now who is going to run the Opera house?"
"Hello. I was given by the managers before this night their word, and in legal writing, that the Opera house is mine, if they had to leave."
"Carlotta, do you know what you are getting into?"
"Silence! This place is mine now, and we will do things my way."

Summary: Fleeing Coward was lynched, he was the Red Death, and he took Reinholdt and RabbitHoleLost with him. They were André and Firmin.
Night 3 begins, and ends in twenty-four hours.

I have gotten word from Crimmy and Tired n' drowny about the trophies. Please decided which one of you are doing them.

Darkcomet
2009-04-18, 10:29 AM
Ouch. :smalleek:

Crimmy
2009-04-18, 03:10 PM
Well, crap.

Oh, well, we need only two or three more day/nights like this. Then we are screwed...

Talic
2009-04-18, 03:31 PM
Well, crap.

Oh, well, we need only two or three more day/nights like this. Then we are screwed...

I... really don't think we CAN have any more days/nights like this. Baner...Seer...Partners... Whoever they kill tonight... That's 5.
In exchange, we've gotten two wolves, at least; that's something. Even so, the only people with any kind of special roles at all are the fool and the masons. There's still a couple neutrals floating out there somewhere, and we NEED to keep them alive, or at least, not vote them off.

Crimmy
2009-04-18, 06:22 PM
Sure, I didn't meant losing power roles. If we have 3 more days/nights with nothing but villagers killed [which, of course, is obvious to happen at night], then we will decrease our numbers bad. So much that it will be decisive.

ThePhantom
2009-04-18, 07:27 PM
Three hours people. I'm still short of some night actions.

ThePhantom
2009-04-18, 10:10 PM
End of Night 3

"Now go down there, and make sure nothing is missing. I want an item by item of what's down there."
"But Mrs Carlotta, the Phantom.."
"Silence! Now go."

Gnomish Wanderer, ordered by Carlotta, desends into the bowels of the Opera house. "Why does she want to know what's down here? There's nothing but old props." Turning a corner, he catches sight of something terrifying.
"Ahh!"
"You broke the rules." The Phantom draws his sword, and starts walking towards Gnomish Wanderer.
"No, please, please I beg of you!"
Gnomish Wanderer runs for it, with the Phantom close behind. "NOOOO!"

Summary: Gnomish Wanderer was killed by the Phantom. He was a member of the cast.
Day 4 begins and ends in forty-eight hours.

Talic
2009-04-19, 12:57 AM
Two options. Either that Crimmy bandwagon was a bunch of people trying to be contrary... Or there was a wolf or two trying to save Fleeing.

If it's the second, then Crimmy's pretty much assured to be not a wolf. Personally, that's what I think. However, it's the first major break I think we have. Next step is weeding out the bandwagoners from the wolves. I shall ponder my notes for a bit, and cast a vote later.

happyturtle
2009-04-19, 07:22 AM
Poor Gnomish. Nightkilled in two different games on the same day. :smallfrown:

pondshadow
2009-04-19, 07:55 AM
Rabbitholelost for being on the crimmy bandwagon

Dirk Kris
2009-04-19, 09:00 AM
((Psssst, Rabbitholelost is already dead.))

I remember there was mist
Swirling mist upon a vast glassy lake
There were candles all around
And on the lake there was a boat
And in the boat...there was a man...

...who looked an awful lot like D_Lord.

Darkcomet
2009-04-19, 10:21 AM
Two options. Either that Crimmy bandwagon was a bunch of people trying to be contrary... Or there was a wolf or two trying to save Fleeing.

If it's the second, then Crimmy's pretty much assured to be not a wolf. Personally, that's what I think. However, it's the first major break I think we have. Next step is weeding out the bandwagoners from the wolves. I shall ponder my notes for a bit, and cast a vote later.

I, personally, had no idea what to do. FC's actions screamed Beast, and, between this and WoD, I don't have any games left. So I decided to play it safe.

Not sure who to point at yet, though.

Crimmy
2009-04-19, 11:58 AM
I'm sure I'm gonna regret this, but I believe there's something fishy about the
Great Zar Peter.

However, and again, it is nothing more than a gut feeling...

Wreckingrocc
2009-04-19, 12:12 PM
Well, with the recent string of deaths, we're pretty much royally screwed. If the wolves have any idea what they're doing, we have no chance of winning.

Zar Peter to prevent Autolynch.

PhantomFox
2009-04-19, 02:19 PM
Talic for no good reason.

D_Lord
2009-04-19, 07:20 PM
Really Well I say that I saw Talic acting oddish.
\/some one missed the odd part. He keeps on getting in and the seer is gone.

Crimmy
2009-04-19, 09:24 PM
Well, as far as I've seen, Tallic has done a good job finding wolves.
So I must say it's not a very good plan to bump him, especially since he's the base mind in our operation.

Talic
2009-04-19, 09:35 PM
Well, I'm out of sure things. I'm not voting for Zar. 1st on Crimmy yesterday isn't enough to go on, by itself.

However, DarkComet was 2nd on...
1) And he didn't vote at all Day 1...
2) And chose to sneak in day 2, pointing at Murska after he outed himself.
3) And day 3's counter-point at Crimmy, that really changed it from a point to a counter-bandwagon? His only reason has been that Fleeing Coward was too eager to die.
4) He's also been remarkably quiet, only talking when he's voting. Not sure if that's normal for him...

But everything together points to "laying low"... Except for the Crimmy point.

The Crimmy point was a deviation from his M.O.

I'm trying to think why, and don't see anything. That's suspicious to me. And barring any lunatic wolves outing themselves (again)... That's my point.

If someone has better reasoning for a different point, I'm all ears.

Darkcomet
2009-04-19, 09:39 PM
Responses are bolded.

1) And he didn't vote at all Day 1... I usually avoid day 1. I have a bad history of being targeted whenever I do post.
2) And chose to sneak in day 2, pointing at Murska after he outed himself. I didn't have anything better to do, did I?
3) And day 3's counter-point at Crimmy, that really changed it from a point to a bandwagon? His only reason has been that Fleeing Coward was too eager to die. I didn't have any suspicions of my own yet, and I didn't know who to point at. I am also in remarkably few games lately, and I'd rather avoid the possibility of being beast-killed.
4) He's also been remarkably quiet, only talking when he's voting. Not sure if that's normal for him, but everything together points to "laying low"... Except for the Crimmy point. In my experience, I usually do better when I am quiet early on. I don't get much in the ways of suspicions until later on, and when I DO try to do something earlier on, it generally costs me my life.

There's your explanation.

Talic
2009-04-19, 09:47 PM
@D_Lord: Yeah, the seer's gone. Thank Murska for that (well, Murska and the Seer herself...). My point on wolves has been based on suspicious evidence and reasoning... For Murska? It was after the problem of Murska / Happy came up. A compelling argument to test things came up, and I went along with it. Later that day, Murska outed himself. For Fleeing? At the start of the day, he outed himself.

No, my only real accuracy has been in defending villagers. Statistically more reliable, first off, as there are more villagers than wolves. Second, it's all been based on logic.

This is a game where a single wrong vote can get you bandwagoned. Now, evidently, a couple right ones can as well. My points haven't been wrong because wolves outed themselves. My defenses haven't been wrong because I'm looking at statistics that are on my side, and using wolf behavior to base it on... Namely, Murska and Fleeing.

@DarkComet: As I said, I'm not 100% on you. But it does strike me as suspicious. If you've got someone with other suspicious activity, I'm willing to consider changing my point.

To be honest, my point could have just as easily gone to Eaglewiz. We're doing a whole lot better now that nobody listened to Happy's request to form a network. Thoughts?

Also, while I've been trying to avoid baseless counterpoints... D_Lord has been laying low too. Suddenly now he's speaking up? Why?

EDIT: I'd like to reiterate one thing. Masons, make your decisions based on information you see, but leave me out of it. Without a seer, anyone that PM's me, I'm a bit suspicious of... And I don't want to be the one that lets a wolf into the mason network.

toasty
2009-04-19, 10:23 PM
However, and again, it is nothing more than a gut feeling...

For now, I'll trust your gut feeling. Zar Peter

ThePhantom
2009-04-20, 09:29 PM
In light of the forum going out for most of the day, the day is extended for another twenty-four hours.

Helgraf
2009-04-20, 09:40 PM
..Zar Peter

D_Lord
2009-04-20, 09:47 PM
@Talic the reason why I'm doing more is my School year is almost over and before hand I was very busy with the end of the year projects.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-04-20, 10:41 PM
Rabbitholelost for being on the crimmy bandwagon

Summary: Fleeing Coward was lynched, he was the Red Death, and he took Reinholdt and RabbitHoleLost with him. They were André and Firmin.

:: drops quote and leaves again::

Talic
2009-04-21, 12:24 AM
Eaglewiz, upon further consideration. Putting the thought in everyone's head to not communicate with Turtle really hurt us. The timing was just too good.

Zar Peter
2009-04-21, 12:45 AM
Ah well, seems this is my last day in the show.
It was nice to sing with you all!

Point at EagleWiz

Jontom Xire
2009-04-21, 04:38 AM
I point at PhantomFox for no good reason...

But I love the irony! :smallbiggrin:

pondshadow
2009-04-21, 05:35 AM
(Sheepishly changes point to Zar Peter)

EagleWiz
2009-04-21, 02:43 PM
Zar Peter might be a wolf. Talic, i doubt it. Few wolves would want us to create a large network.

ThePhantom
2009-04-21, 10:34 PM
End of Day 4

"Out!"
"But Mrs Carlotta, I"
"Silence toad. It matters not what you say. I'm tired of you and telescope. Besides, you said your'e retiring soon, so think of it as early retirement."
"But."
"OUT!"

Summary: Zar Peter was lynched, he was a member of the cast.
Normally Shadowcaller, Dirk Kris and Noir Cat would follow him, but as school is going to done for me tomorrow, I'll give them a one day grace on the autolynch, but they have to vote on the next day, or they are finished.

Night 4 begins and ends in twenty-four hours.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-22, 02:55 AM
I appear to have a poor awareness of the passing of time in this game, I never noticed that two days had gone by...

Oh well, thanks for letting me get another day to vote.

Dirk Kris
2009-04-22, 12:12 PM
((Pssst, Mr. Narrator - I voted. On that same page. *points up*))

ThePhantom
2009-04-23, 04:34 PM
People, I need night-actions. If I don't get those night actions in five hours, I'll be forced to end the night anyway.

ThePhantom
2009-04-23, 11:06 PM
End of Night 4

After one of the rehearsals of the Phantom's opera, one of the cast spots Christine heads down a set of stairs. "Christine, wait!"
"Meg, go back."
"How you can keep going back to that monster?"
"He is not a monster, Meg. Just a poor, lonely man."
"But, Christine, it just doesn't" "Well, Mademoiselle, I see you want something unfortunate to happen to yourself."
The Phantom appears to Meg and Christine. He grabs Meg."Aaah!"
"Erik, no! Please, not her!"
"Well, for you, and that she is one of the few that that can act. However, I think she still needs to disappear for a while."
The Phantom and Meg disappear into the catacombs below the Opera House.
"I'm sorry Meg. I couldn't do anything more for you."

"Where is Meg? Where is my daughter!?!"
"Sorry, Madame Giry, but there is no sign of her."
"I saw her last at the rehearsal. I think she went after Christine."
"No..."
"I'm sorry."
"Erik, what have you done?"

Summary: The Phantom took PhantomFox. He was Meg Giry. With his capture, Madame Giry switches from fool scries to seer scries.
Day 5 begins and ends in forty-eight hours.

D_Lord
2009-04-23, 11:30 PM
I still say that Talic has been too luckly these last times.

edit: well, then lets leave me alive for this day and see if the wolfs kill me at night, if I die then, you know that Talic is a wolf, if not it's another chance for the cast to win.

Talic
2009-04-24, 12:15 AM
Sure thing... Pray tell, what have I been lucky with?

Voting you, who still is unknown?
Murska, who outed himself?
Fleeing Coward, who outed himself?
Asking to not kill Happy, who outed herself as seer?
Asking to not kill Crimmy, who was counterbandwagoned in an attempt to save Fleeing?
Voting Eaglewiz, who still is unknown?

Where is my luck? Really? I don't see it. I do, however, see you trying to start a bandwagon with unusual persistence. Why ya pushing so hard? My points have all been sound, and for sound reason.

Is that why? D_Lord, is that why?

Shadowcaller
2009-04-24, 02:52 AM
Talic you have been analyzing a lot, why a simple point back now? Or is there another reason for your vote?

And D-lord... your logic is very weird, you are saying that just because you are night killed Talic would be a wolf? Do you have some kind of important role, or do you just think he will kill you because you voted for him?

Right now I'm voting for Tired N' Drowzy for being so ridiculous negative.

Talic
2009-04-24, 03:49 AM
I point back because he's been trying very hard to start a bandwagon, after so long of laying low, and has yet to present a compelling reason WHY he's trying to start a bandwagon.

Shifting M.O. is somewhat suspicious, and repeated baseless accusations seems like he's trying to create something. Hence, why I pointed at him.

At this point, I'd point to either him or Eaglewiz, but at least I can see a reason behind why Eagle might have did what he did (paranoia over Happy's claim). D? I can't see.

Jontom Xire
2009-04-24, 07:16 AM
I point at D-Lord for various undisclosed reasons.

toasty
2009-04-24, 08:10 AM
Eaglewiz for now. I have my reasons.

D_Lord
2009-04-24, 12:14 PM
Well there is one other reason for Talic. He is in the perfect place for a wolf. He is trusted. Never trust anyone in a Werewolf game, the wolfs are everywhere and everyone.

Talic
2009-04-24, 02:17 PM
I'm not asking for trust. I'm asking that you look at my reasoning, and judge for yourself. In fact, I believe I have discouraged people from including me in their network, as I have not much useful info that's not already in the board plain to see.

If I'm trusted, it's because I'm trying actively to protect villagers, and asking for other people's view. Again, though. I didn't ask for it. I'm just playin' the game. Previous direct confrontations in past matches tended to melt me down, and get me killed. So? Less of that, I'll be a team player.

EagleWiz
2009-04-24, 02:57 PM
D_Lord. And btw, i am NOT paranoid. Everyone knows to NEVER reveal your role to an unscryed.

Crimmy
2009-04-24, 03:04 PM
Aaaagh, Zat dagggk man iz zomewhat suspiciouz!
Yes, you, D_Logggd!

Why?

Because he doesn't make any sense, and he's trying to cover his tracks by making a [pardon me] very stupid aseveration.

Tallic has done nothing but play by the rules of logic.

You point at him, he gives some reasons not to vote for him, and he gives a little reason to vote for you.
Then you, D_Lord, say that if you are night killed, then Tallic is a wolf.

Your mistake?
You could be a wolf, trying to get yourself killed just to take out the strong factor in the cast side [allegedly].

pondshadow
2009-04-24, 03:42 PM
I believe I will vote for Jontom Xire for various, undisclosed reasons not limited to llamas.

Talic
2009-04-24, 05:50 PM
edit: well, then lets leave me alive for this day and see if the wolfs kill me at night, if I die then, you know that Talic is a wolf, if not it's another chance for the cast to win.

Even if we're both villagers, that's a bad comment to make. It gives the wolves a weapon against the cast. They kill you, and raise the chances I get lynched, all at one.

No, all you accomplish with this? Is painting a wolf bullseye on you.

ThePhantom
2009-04-24, 11:50 PM
List of people still under the threat of autolynch: Noir Cat, Fostire, and Icewalker.

Fostire
2009-04-24, 11:53 PM
List of people still under the threat of autolynch: Noir Cat, Fostire, and Icewalker.

I was sure I had pointed yesterday, sorry about that.

D_Lord

Darkcomet
2009-04-24, 11:56 PM
Um... Okay, I'm still a bit shaken from someone targeting me for the lynch, so I'mma going to point at D_Lord for now.

D_Lord
2009-04-25, 12:34 AM
Oh, well. Phantom after I'm dead, stop PM'sing me about this game.

Helgraf
2009-04-25, 12:41 AM
pondshadow. I'm curious as to your reasons.

toasty
2009-04-25, 08:36 PM
Hmm... seeing how this has turned out I think I'll go with D_Lord

ThePhantom
2009-04-25, 11:25 PM
End of Day 5
"Like yellow parchment is his skin. A great black hole serves as the nose that never grew.
You must be always be on your guard or he will catch you will his magical lasso."
D_Lord is doing a little show for a few of the ballet girls. Madam Giry enters.
"Those who speak of what they know find, too late that prudent silence is wise.
D_Lord, hold your tongue, he will be burn you with the heat of his eyes."

Later
During the opera, the Phantom's voice rings out in the theater.
"Did I not instruck, that Box 5 was to be kept empty?"
D_lord, up in the catways of the Opera house, spots the Phantom heading away. He follows, after a while, on the catways above the stage, he turns around and sees the Phantom right behind him.
"Aaaah!"
He tries to run for it, with the Phantom close behind. Through D_Lord tries his best, the Phantom catchs up and begins strangling him with the punjab lasso. As the ballet dancers dance, D_Lord's body, falls from above the stair, crushing one of the dancers.
The audience stands up and joins the cast in shouts and screams of horror. One of the dancers runs straight out of the Opera house, never to return again.

Summary: D_Lord was lynched, he was a member of the cast. Icewalker was autolynched, he was a police officer. Noir Cat was autolynched, he was a member of the cast.
Night 5 begins and ends in twenty-four hours.

Wreckingrocc
2009-04-26, 10:18 AM
...My god, why the hell would a police officer not want to play? I can understand the cast being autolynched, but seriously?

At least we have a real seer now... I think we need to play this safe... Perhaps have her gather a lot of info before seeking the masons.

We could, actually, have this... It'll just be a matter of finding the phantom.

Talic
2009-04-26, 10:52 AM
I don't think the Phantom will help much.

The Phantom: The Phantom of the Opera himself.
Alpha, special: If lynched, the role of the Phantom moves to a shadow.

As long as there are shadows to escape to... There will always be a phantom. Giry being a seer is a break though. She's one more sandbag on the way to a wolf win, and doubly endangered now. They advance their win condition by killing her.

We don't. Between revealing to the group that benefits from you dead, and gets daily kills... And the group that doesn't, and shares a daily kill...

Well, more than ever, we have a reason to spare Giry.

ThePhantom
2009-04-26, 11:34 AM
As for poor Icewalker, here is a pm that he send me about midnight for me.

It would have been nice to have more than a THREE hour warning, I was at a concert tonight, already left after you sent this, got back right now. I've been watching and keeping up, although I haven't been voting. I know I should've checked in, but I thought we got a bit of warning on the autolynch.

I suppose there isn't much I can do about it now, seeing as it's already posted. I'm not particularly mad at you, but...damn. I liked this game, and was certainly keeping up with it.

I'm sorry about his choices, but rules are rules. If you don't vote in the ninety-six hours allowed, you are out. I can't bring anyone back after their role has been shown, it would throw the game out of wack. I'm sorry about this but there is nothing I can do at this point.

p.s. A question for the players, do you think that this ruling is fair or not? I'm feeling a little too down to tell.

happyturtle
2009-04-26, 12:00 PM
As a narrator, I've never sent autolynch warning PM's. If players aren't paying attention in thread, then it's their loss if they get auto'd. So yes, your warning was fair.

Dirk Kris
2009-04-26, 12:10 PM
((Much as I hate to lose a member of Team Good, happy is right. Most narrators do not send warning PM's at all. I do, but that's because I am running my first WW game and don't want it to fall apart because of inactivity. Fair ruling.))

ThePhantom
2009-04-27, 12:37 AM
End of Night 5
Carlotta is wandering around backstage, when a figure carrying a large bouquet of beautiful flowers.
"Who are you?"
"Just an admirer. I have never heard a voice quite like your's."
"Why thank you."
"Not even in a barnyard. While I have never been to one, I can imagine it." The figure pulls away the bouquet from his face, revealing the mask of the Phantom. "You have two choices: You can leave my Opera house, in which case these flowers are a parting gift, or you can stay and die, in which case these flowers are for your funeral."
"Your Opera house!?! This place is all mine, and it is you who is leaving. Here! He's here! The Phantom is here!"
The Phantom grabs a cable as Carlotta runs up a metal staircase. "I'm sure you will find this more shocking than what you planned for Christine!" The Phantom sticks the cable to the staircase, sending three hundred-thousand volts through it, with Carlotta still on the staircase.

ZAP!

Summary: Jontom Xire was electrocuted by the Phantom, he was Carlotta. Day 6 begins and ends in forty-eight hours.

Jontom Xire
2009-04-27, 03:26 AM
Absolutely a fair ruling. People who deliberately don't vote for tactical reasons deserve to get auto-lynched if they lose track and don't vote in time. It's their own damn fault.

When I see day start I point. Sometimes if I see it when I first get in in the morning and I have all day at the computer at work I'll wait to see how other people are pointing, but I always try to get my point in within the same day of seeing that day turn has started.

Oh, and thankyou for killing me, Phantom. You didn't really think I hadn't made plans for such an eventuality did you? :smallbiggrin:

Icewalker
2009-04-27, 10:27 PM
Nah, it was a perfectly fair ruling. I'm just disappointed, mostly with myself, for not knowing the details. I've played very few pbp werewolf games, so I didn't know the specifics like the time to auto-lynch (which I must say was not posted anywhere, recruitment thread or here). It's not that I wasn't following the game, just that the of lack of experience (just one game where I was lynched for voting) led to me keeping more (read: too) silent. The only complaint I can make is that I'd have liked more warning, but the issue is definitely my fault, it's more of a preference than a complaint.

Must say, I deeply apologize to the now further crippled good guys. :smallsigh:

ThePhantom
2009-04-27, 10:56 PM
People, you have to vote sometime this day. Failure of everyone not voting will have result in a punishment.

Fleeing Coward
2009-04-27, 11:00 PM
ThePhantom is the Phantom. Why hasn't anyone worked that out yet? :smallamused:

Fostire
2009-04-27, 11:02 PM
Shadowcaller

Talic
2009-04-28, 12:42 AM
I think I'll go along with that. Shadowcaller is my point.

He's been layin' low. Like REALLY low.

First, he voted on the Aemoh bandwagon.
Then he voted Murska...

He's kept quiet the entire time, only posting when voting.

Then, suddenly... This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5989592&postcount=96) Gutsy play... out of character for a wolf? Fleeing coward did it... Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5977410&postcount=26), on day 1... FLAUNTING it.

But why break character? Why start talking? What was the point, that warranted it?

Arguing against contacting Happy. Right after Fleeing Coward did (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5987776&postcount=91).

Following that, he was 2nd or 3rd on me, in an effort, I assume, to start a bandwagon. Again, was following bandwagons, suddenly a deviation on starting one. Why?

If he's a villager, he's done some damage to team good here... and he's supported known wolves.

Noir_Cat
2009-04-28, 01:08 AM
Sorry guys. I did not autolynch on purpose for lack of wanting to play. I did want to play, I just got distracted by Real Life. *shakes fist at*

Good luck, Team Good Guy!

pondshadow
2009-04-28, 05:32 AM
I think I'll vote for Shadowcaller

Shadowcaller
2009-04-28, 05:58 AM
I am being sheeped in all games now? Sure, Talic got a reason, but it have been suggested to me that the wolves will win this game if a villager or neutral gets lynched today.

And therefore you don't want to lynch me, I have been lying too low for a wolf, I would have been auto-lynched if not thephantom had decided otherwise.

For various reasons I will not vote yet, but depending on what happends today, I will do that soon enough.

Dirk Kris
2009-04-28, 07:52 AM
Shadowcaller - and if he's innocent, I know who I'm voting for next.

Eaglewiz - let's give this a shot.

Crimmy
2009-04-28, 09:40 AM
Sorry for being absent for most of the time, goddamn swine flu!

anyway, it seems everyone has gotten their BW.

Shadowcaller it is.

Fine by me, even though "Giry" is now dead...

Eaglewiz.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-28, 09:43 AM
...Okay, lets try this a bit differently, I am Madame Giry and possible the only thing the villagers got close to a seer right now.

You would lose a lot and gain nothing by lynching me.

Trixie
2009-04-28, 09:59 AM
Oh, and thankyou for killing me, Phantom. You didn't really think I hadn't made plans for such an eventuality did you? :smallbiggrin:

So... will you shake a fist at him threateningly? :smallamused:

Talic
2009-04-28, 11:24 AM
Hmm. Well, if nobody refutes that, then my new point goes to Eaglewiz, for being the only other key voice with strong arguments against Happy... Well, him and Crimmy, but if Crimmy's a wolf, that's some really subtle play on his part.

If someone does, then I have a choice to make on who to point to, and chances are, Shadow's got more against him.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-28, 11:31 AM
I'm fully willing to follow that point since I have not scried Eaglewiz yet and do not know his role, but at least I know what role I have aswell that lynching me would be very bad for the villagers.

Fostire
2009-04-28, 11:36 AM
...Okay, lets try this a bit differently, I am Madame Giry and possible the only thing the villagers got close to a seer right now.

And thanks to that big red target you painted on yourself, you just became useless to us :smallsigh:.

Oh well, no point in doing the killing for the wolves, so I'm changing my point to Eaglewiz as well.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-28, 12:08 PM
And thanks to that big red target you painted on yourself, you just became useless to us :smallsigh:.

Oh well, no point in doing the killing for the wolves, so I'm changing my point to Eaglewiz as well.

Really? My other attempts to convince you didn't exactly help, there are 24 hours left of the day and 100 % of the people that have voted pointed at me.

Unless every person that are left in the game had voted for someone else then me, I would have gotten lynched.

5/11 people have voted.

100 % of the voting players have voted for me despite my attempts to convince you otherwise.

24 hours are left of the day.

It would need that every singel person in the game voted and also voted for the same person to prevent me from getting lynched.

toasty
2009-04-28, 08:56 PM
To be honest, I'm not sure how to vote. obviously it serves us no purpose to kill shadowcaller (assuming what he is saying is true... we which we can't be sure of). The Eaglewiz bandwagon looks like a decent idea... but one can never be sure...

At this point I think its perhaps best to not vote for one day. Besides, its not like my vote will matter much unless I'm able to change the Eaglewiz bandwagon to someone else, and I don't have a clue who that someone else would be.

ThePhantom
2009-04-29, 12:51 AM
End of Day 6

"Carlotta? Carlotta? Has anyone seen Carlotta?"
"No.""I haven't seen her since last time."
"Alright, you. You saw her last, what have you done with her!?!" "Yah, you were with her last, so where is she?"
"You think that I have done nothing to her. Besides, I have worked with her for years, why would I do anything to her."
"Your'e right, sorry Madam Giry. You! You were the last person other than Madam Giry to see her, now get out!"
"Alright, aleast I can get out of his madhouse."

Summary: Eaglewiz was lynched, he was a member of the cast.
Night 6 begins

ThePhantom
2009-04-29, 11:16 PM
End of Night 6

One of the police officers, called to the Opera house before this madness started, waits in the orchestra pit.
After what happened to his follow officer earlier, he would wait for the proper moment, after all, all the people at the opera house knowing that the Phantom always watched the operas from Box 5.
So here he waits, waiting for the moment to fire his rifle into Box 5.
"Looking for me, Officer? Well, I'm here: The Phantom of the Opera..."
The voice of the Phantom rings out from on the stage. Then from the main seats, then from above, and finally in Box 5.
The Officer fires into Box 5. "Idiot! You will kill someone!"
"But Monsieur Choleti"
"No 'buts', for once, Monsieur Choleti is right."
"Urgh, why don't you do something useful and help me look for Carlotta."
"No, I'm leaving."
As the officer leaves, a sandbag is cut lose, and falls on his head, killing him.

Summary: pondshadow was killed by the Phantom, he was a member of the police. Day 7 begins, and ends in forty-eight hours.

Talic
2009-04-30, 06:43 AM
I've been holding off from posting... I'm honestly at a loss here. I'm not trusting my own judgement anymore, as it seems to be running contrary to the way the wolves are playing right now.

Does anyone else have a suspicion? Hopefully a reason?

Crimmy
2009-04-30, 09:48 AM
Okay, so as far as I can see, the Devil is doing a great teamwork with the Phantom.

They're only getting Power Roles.

I'm getting my suspicions towards Toasty, even though I have nothing to suspect...

Talic
2009-04-30, 03:54 PM
Well, let's think for a second. There can't be many wolves left. No more than 4, as there are 9 players left.

Of that, we've only lost 2 masons. We have a self-proclaimed (and unchallenged) Neutral seer in the mix.

So between the seer, and no more than 4 wolves, most of what's left is gonna be a power role (mason).

I'm not sure if I'm willing to support a toasty bandwagon, with nothing to back it up.

Crimmy
2009-04-30, 05:41 PM
Well, that's a good point, but how can you know there's only 4 wolves?

Talic
2009-04-30, 07:20 PM
Easy. There's 9 players left. If there were 5 wolves, the game would be over, due to the wolf win condition. So there's no more than 4.

pondshadow
2009-05-01, 05:33 AM
"crunch" Oh well I wasn't that good of a mason anyways

toasty
2009-05-01, 05:42 AM
I'm getting my suspicions towards Toasty, even though I have nothing to suspect...

Curious: what have I done to arouse your ire/Suspicion?

I mean, we might as well vote for you since, from what I remember, both of us have pretty much voted for the same people. All I'm doing is doing my best to work out who's the wolves and who's not, and then voting accordingly.

Talic
2009-05-01, 05:55 AM
Well, Crimmy does have the fact that he was counterbandwagoned against a known wolf...

Then again... That wolf was the beast. It's entirely possible that Fleeing meant to go down there. His demeanor that day certainly suggested it.

And if wolves meant for that wagon to fail, it could have been used to screen a wolf by just the logic that I used.

This is why I don't trust my judgement anymore. That variable can shift too much, based on whether the beast thought it was a good time to make use of his power.

Fostire
2009-05-01, 02:28 PM
I probably won't have internet before day ends so I'm making a random point here:
Dirk Kris

It would appear that this is no longer the case so I'm removing the point for now

Talic
2009-05-01, 05:29 PM
I'ma log a point at Dirk Kris, just so a lone wolf can't snark an end of day lynching with nearly no votes on the table.

Crimmy
2009-05-01, 05:54 PM
Dirk Kris it is, and I hope you are playing it well, my friend, cause if it's not, then we are certainly ****ed...

toasty
2009-05-01, 09:51 PM
Since I don't want to get Lynched: Dirk Kris

Darkcomet
2009-05-01, 09:54 PM
Dirk Kris, thank you.

Fostire
2009-05-01, 10:28 PM
Tired N' Drowzy

Shadowcaller
2009-05-01, 10:32 PM
Dirk Kris...

Fostire
2009-05-01, 10:38 PM
What's with all the pointing at Dirk Kris? is it a random bandwagon or am I missing something? (wouldn't be the first time I missed something completely obvious if that's the case)

Wreckingrocc
2009-05-01, 10:57 PM
I'm really still clueless. No contacts, no nothing.

Since I don't want to be a tool and follow the big bandwagon, I'll jump the smaller one.

That Tired N' Drowzy fellow seems awfully suspicious... Always claiming to be a clueless villager and such, and being so negative towards the beginning...

ThePhantom
2009-05-02, 12:04 AM
End of Day 7

As the remaining members of the slowly group together on the stage, they begin to have a discusion.
"Maybe that toasty is an agent of the phantom." "No, it would have Dirk Kris, after all, my logic hasn't lead us wrong yet." "Perhaps you are right."
"]"But why me? I haven't done anything."
"There is no miztake, here. Out with you!"
As Dirk Kris leaves the Opera House, Darkcomet begins to laugh. "Ha haha, hahahaha HAHA HAHAHAH!!!!! You fools were so easily lead!"
"Uh, oh. I think we made a mistake."
"Yes, you did. You followed me and my logic, and it has lead you to the point of no return."
"Whatz do we doz?"
"We run for it!"
The few remaining cast members run for the doors, leaving DC, the Phantom standing on the stage with Shadowcaller.
"Well, Madam Giry, are you not leaving too?"
"I would like my daughter back, Erik."
"But of course. I have no need to keep her prisoner. "
"So, what will you do now?"
"Wait, those fools will rally their courage, and then my opera will be preformed. And then, all the loose ends will be tied. Farewell, Madam Giry, may we meet again soon." As the cast members reach the Phantom shouts out a single word as the chandelier (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei9f0R_31Io&feature=related) falls.
"GOOOO!!!!!!"

End of Game: The Phantom has triumphed. Madam Giry, also wins.

List of players and roles:
1-Reinholdt - Firmin
2-Murska - shadow
3-RabbitHoleLost - André
4-Night Surgeon- Raoul
5-Gnomish Wanderer - cast
6-happyturtle - Christine Daaé
7-Shadowcaller - Madam giry
8-Dirk Kris - police
9-Aemoh - member of the cast
10-PhantomFox- Meg Giry
11-Fleeing Coward - red death
12-Tired N' Drowzy
13-Crimmy
14-Noir_Cat - cast
15-Jontom Xire - Carlotta
16-Zar Peter - cast
17-D_Lord - cast
18-Fostire - cast
19-Helgraf - shadow
20-Darkcomet - The Phantom
21-EagleWiz- cast
22-Icewalker - police
23-pondshadow - police
24-Talic - shadow
25-Toasty - Head of Fire

Trophies will be up when I get them. And here is a parting gift from me, a few questions.Another version of the song. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQyXajYBLqs&feature=related)

1. How did you like the game?
2. What did you think of the narrations?
3. Did the narrator(s) do a good job?
4. Was the game balanced?
5. Any complaints?
6. Would you play again?

D_Lord
2009-05-02, 12:07 AM
I told you guys so. I was right, he was too good at it. It wasn't bad, ThePhantom did a ok job, and It seemed fairly banched just the people wouldn't go for the right ones. And yes I would play again.

Murska
2009-05-02, 12:16 AM
That went as smoothly as expected. :smallsmile:

1. How did you like the game?
The little I got to play, was great. A wolf role for once, a great team and lots of behind-the-scenes intrigue. :smallamused:

2. What did you think of the narrations?
I hate to admit I didn't read them very carefully after I died but they seemed good.

3. Did the narrator(s) do a good job?
No complaints.

4. Was the game balanced?
I'd say the rules were quite balanced, maybe one Shadow too many, maybe not, but what imbalanced the game for the wolves was the whole thing with baner and seer dying on nights 1 and 2. *cough* totally not my fault *cough*

5. Any complaints?
Would have wanted to play for longer. :smalltongue:

6. Would you play again?
Indeed, if as nothing else than a first-day lynchee. :smallsmile:

Wreckingrocc
2009-05-02, 12:26 AM
1. It was alright. I have to admit that I'm really competitive, and love to win, so I'm generally more critical of the games that I don't win in... Though I definitely had fun. The villager roles are a little boring, but the few times I did post creatively were fun. The narrations were pretty entertaining, too.

2. As I said above, the narrations were amusing. I think you did an excellent job.

3. ... OK, these questions always seem to pop up just as I answer them. Yes. You did fine. :smalltongue:

4. I think the Alpha seemed pretty overpowered, and some of the village rules were a little on the dim side. Not only is the seer counterparted with a fool, but there's also the alpha to worry about, as well as the fact that, even if you get the phantom, there's still the shadows to worry about, one of which resumes the alpha role. I would definitely, in the future, consider another villager role, an improvement on an existing one, or a couple of reduced shadows. I'm probably only feeling this way due to the awful luck we had early-on, though.

5. Not really, aside from the early deaths. Perhaps the balance was a little off, but it wasn't too bad.

6. If the rules are tweaked a little in favor of the villagers, yeah.

Talic
2009-05-02, 12:42 AM
I told you guys so. I was right, he was too good at it. It wasn't bad, ThePhantom did a ok job, and It seemed fairly banched just the people wouldn't go for the right ones. And yes I would play again.

Too good? I did all my research without my wolf list. It led to a problem once when I almost outed the Phantom. But it kept me so far removed that I stayed safe.

I chose a few different tactics this game. Rather than argue for the unlikely occurance (xxx is a wolf), I argued for the easily proven one (xxx is not a wolf). This has 2 advantages for wolves, and 1 for villagers.

1) It's more often than not right. This averts suspicion. Plus, the villagers that you protect develop a repoir with you, and are less likely to vote for you, or support bandwagons.

2) You dont have to out wolves to avoid suspicion (wolf advantage only).

No, what really sealed it, was the Xanatos Speed Chess (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/XanatosSpeedChess) I was playing in the background.

Every time someone acted in a way I didn't expect, I found a way to turn it to my advantage.

Shadow contacted a wolf earlier, when Fleeing was on the chopping block. That was passed around, so we all knew who he was.

When I made my first point on my own? I chose to hit him to pressure him. I wanted to see if the good guys would lynch him. Well, unfortunately, he got dirt on us. He scried the phantom. Then PM'd me, revealing his role.

As a good villager, I couldn't take that at face value (even though, as a wolf, I could). So I told him I'd take another look (I wasn't). I simultaneously sent a message to Fostire (who I knew to be a villager of some sort), saying Shadow claimed Giry to me, but if he didn't reveal the role, he couldn't be trusted as a neutral seer.

Same time? I was trying to get the identity of the Phantom from Shadow (if he'd given it, I'd have tried to get him night-killed). He didn't. But he did reveal his role, foiling the setup with fostire. So I change my point again. Meanwhile, Shadow is prodding the phantom for information. I suggest we misinform him as to the number of wolves left, and less than 10 minutes later, I have my fake number (3, when there were really 4) in my mailbox. So I know not to trust him... yet.

Then we get the "you're useless to us" message... Suggesting townies force the wolves to kill Shadow. At this point, I ask comet to pass on to shadow that we don't want to kill him. But if we know he's helping townies, we'll have to. However, if he helps us, we will not kill him. As he's revealed himself to the phantom, all he needs is survival, and, since villagers won't kill him, we can promise him that... If he scries for us.

Other wolves had similar gambits going on (Murska was MAGNIFICENT). But I stayed alive by making my accusers look suspicious... By maintaining the impression of a clear, logical head, and well-measured reasons. Even when D died? Nobody suspected me, because he was so thoroughly guilty looking.

EDIT:
1. How did you like the game? I loved it. One of my favorite plays/shows. Well executed.

2. What did you think of the narrations? Cleverly done. Good narration brings these games to life... and there was good narration.

3. Did the narrator(s) do a good job? Yup. A couple rules weren't clearly laid out (such as Giry's scry can see through Alpha "villager" protection), but all in all, very nice.

4. Was the game balanced? The baner/seer dying right off, in exhange for a wolf, unbalanced the game. That's damning. I wouldn't say 1 less wolf. But one more mason maybe.

5. Any complaints? It's over. :smallbiggrin:

6. Would you play again? Give me a sign up sheet, and I'm in.

EDIT 2:
@Murska: Day 2 Lynchee, technically. :smallwink: