PDA

View Full Version : Exorcist of the Silver Flame-Is it worth it?(3.5)

Saint Nil
2009-04-07, 05:15 PM
For a caimpaign this summer, I intend to play a

Its a cleric/fighter/presitige paladin/Exorcist, in this order, 1-20
Cleric
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Cleric
Cleric
Cleric
Prestige Paladin
Prestige Paladin
Prestige Paladin
Exorcist of the Silver Flame

My question to you, oh mighty forums, is it worth it? I lose 1 caster level from fighter, one of the presitige paladin levels, and 4 of the exorcist levels, for a total of 14th level caster at 20th level.

In exchange I get a bonus feat(needed), immunity from fear and disease, detect evil at will, Cha bonus to saves, fiend censuring darkvison, detect thoughts at will, and smite, holy mount, so on.

I also get a free +1 Lawful Good Silver Magic +2d6(sacred fire, stacks with flaming property).

Unfortuantly, I'll never get past 7th level spells, and I am the only divine caster in my group.

So, what do you suggest please?

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-04-07, 06:33 PM
There's a Paladin feat in Dragon that switches all of your Paladin abilities(Smite, Turn Undead, Save bonus, Lay on Hands) from Cha to Wis. Highly recommended.

Saint Nil
2009-04-07, 06:35 PM
Could you please provide a link? Also, I intended to take leadership, but that's probably a better idea.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-04-07, 07:02 PM
Yeah, if your DM allows Leadership, Serenity (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Serenity,all) probably isn't unbalanced.

Keld Denar
2009-04-07, 07:14 PM
Exorcist of the Silver Flame is kinda meh. What are your goals for this character? Are you planning on being a melee smiter type of cleric? Or more of a caster type spellslinger? I'm thinking the former.

Thus, I'd highly recommend something like.

Cleric4/OrdainedChampion5/FistofRazriel10/Cleric+1

Its smitalicious, and still gets 17/20 casting and 18/20 BAB. Ordained Champion is in Complete Champion and Fist is in the Book of Exalted Deeds.

OC allows you to sacrifice turn undead attempts to smite, and Fist gives you even more smites. Smites add utility with the Awesome Smite tactical feat from Complete Champion which allows you to avoid DR, miss chance, and make trip attempts when you smite. OC's flavor also aligns very well with the Church of the Silver Flame, even though bookwise its tied to Heironeous and Hextor. If you do this, you will also want to look into taking the feats Law Devotion and Holy Warrior from Complete Champion as well as the feat Divine Might from Complete Warrior.

Sorry for recommending something else, but EotSF really isn't that great of a class.