PDA

View Full Version : How long should I make wolverine's claws

Berserk Monk
2009-04-07, 07:02 PM
With X-Men Origins coming out soon, I figured I make a par of claws and maybe wear them to the premiere. I'm just wondering how long the claws should be. I'm thinking somewhere around 8 inched. The height would be around an inch. Are these good proportions?

Fay Graydon
2009-04-08, 12:40 AM
think about your arm proportions to that of the blades...
Wovereens Claws slide back into his forearm correct?
therefore the claws must be less than the distance from his knuckles to his elbow by an inch or two...
same principle for the thickness.
Hmmm attaching them may be a problem... mabe to gloves and wriststraps / bracers to even the weight out...
Just make sure you don't make them outa metal ^.~

Kara Kuro
2009-04-08, 12:53 AM
If you take a few good stock pictures of him, you can use that old scaling math you learned in like... fifth grade to figure out a decent length in relation to your body length and shape.

Berserk Monk
2009-04-08, 01:21 AM
Hmmm attaching them may be a problem... mabe to gloves and wriststraps / bracers to even the weight out...
Just make sure you don't make them outa metal ^.~

Actually, I just gonna make them like in the picture below (obviously edits to make the look more like Wolverine's). And yes, they will be made of metal (zinc).
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s216/phyreblade_blog/Weapons/Wolverine/X-MenWolverineClawsStyle2_540.jpg

Also, what in the name of Zorc does ^.~ mean?

Kara Kuro
2009-04-08, 01:32 AM
I'm not sure they let people in to movie theaters when they flash sharp, live-steel knife-like objects.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-08, 08:08 AM
I'm not sure they let people in to movie theaters when they flash sharp, live-steel knife-like objects.

What she said.
Especially not at premieres.

Elder Tsofu
2009-04-08, 09:29 AM
And yes, they will be made of metal (zinc).

Just curious - why pure zinc out of all metals/alloys? Is it for the melting point?

They seem nice thou, although maybe a bit heavy to hold horizontally. I would personally make something like that out of plywood and sheet them in metal-foil. But it wouldn't be the same feel I guess.

Holammer
2009-04-08, 11:12 AM
You don't wanna be seen with a potentially dangerous weapon publicly.

http://shannynmoore.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/sw-stormtrooper-arrested.jpg
... Yup, I'd go with what Elder Tsofu said.

Berserk Monk
2009-04-08, 03:32 PM

First off, zinc not steel, though, people will undoubtedly mistake it for the former. Second, they'd be about as sharp as butter knives, but yeah, I suppose to the observer, they'd look pretty sharp. As for me getting into the theater, you'd be surprised who'd they let dressed like what. When I went to see the midnight showing of Watchmen, my one friend went as Dr. Manhattan (completely blue wearing only a black speedo). The guys working there, you know what they said to him? They said he had to wear shoes. Aside from that they didn't even care he was practically nude. Oh, and I went as Rorschach, who, let's face it, looks pretty menacing what with the mask. Plus, aint nobody gonna mess with Wolverine!

Still, even if I don't bring them to the showing, I'll still make them to show my friends. I'm kind of know as the "blacksmith" among them.