PDA

View Full Version : Sculpt Spell - best spells to affect

Ionari
2009-04-07, 08:18 PM
What are some of the best spells to apply the Sculpt Spell feat to? I'm especially interested in wizard spells of level 1-5, from any and all books.

(Yes, I'm familiar with the AMF "trick". Let's note that, and move on.)

I'm looking more for spells that are currently limited significantly by their area of effect (e.g., puny 5-ft burst, or proximity to caster), which Sculpt Spell could modify to affect a larger area, a discontinuous area, or an area further away from the caster.

War stories in which a spell was modified with Sculpt Spell to achieve a particularly successful result, or in a particularly clever way, would also be much appreciated for background and flavor.

I'll start off:

Hail of Stone (SC)
Sticky Floor (RotD)
Cloud of Bewilderment (SC)
Grease

Glyphic
2009-04-07, 08:21 PM
Flaming sphere!

aje8
2009-04-07, 10:00 PM
Cloud of Bewilderment- Though already mentioned, it bears repeating. The normally small radius of this spell makes it incredible when Sculpted.

Glitterdust- Each pocket of mooks will be effectivley dead for the duration. 3rd level spells slot for 4 10-foot cubes? Pretty insane.

Evard's Tentacles- It looks really wierd to have little pockets of tentacles everywhere, but it's still incredible.

Bascially any good Battlefield Control is good with this.

Also note: For Conjurer, Meta-Magic School Focus (Conj)+Sculpt Spell= 3 Free sculpts per day. Very nice as most of the good sculpt targets are Conj anyway.

Darrin
2009-04-07, 10:24 PM
Burning hands
Color spray
Entangle
Obscuring Mist
Call lightning
Path of Frost

Fizban
2009-04-08, 02:43 AM
Though I hate to point it out, do not that spell such as color spray are limited in their sculptability. Color spray's range is only 15', so while you can sculpt it, you can't increase it's range. On the other hand, the 10' cubes option will let you surround yourself with little room left in the spell's area, so it's still pretty cool.