PDA

View Full Version : Chrono-Legionnaire?

Crow
2009-04-07, 09:32 PM
I was looking at the control body power on the srd and discussing it, when somebody mentioned a build by teilaxu ghola called the chrono legionnaire. I wanted to check it out, but was never able to find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

wadledo
2009-04-07, 09:43 PM
Found it. (http://forums.gleemax.com/wotc_archive/index.php/t-976976)

It seems to be a somewhat better than average psionic gish, though I've seen much better.
Though the guy who made it seems to like saying how good it is..........

Eldariel
2009-04-07, 10:11 PM
As far as Gishes go, having access to teleport-by attacks is pretty friggin' amazing - pretty much the ultimate marriage of melee and manifesting right there. All the other benefits are just groovy, although of course pivotal to actually being Gish instead of Your Average One-Trick Pony.

The big problem is that the best tricks are all built around Divert Teleport, which is a level 7 power and thus only available level 13 the earliest (and level 15-16 to a Gish as you lose manifester levels). Sure, the build doesn't suck before that or anything, but the best tricks do come late.

Also, the build doesn't actually note Temporal Acceleration, a key power that's constantly used, but not actually included in the level progression chart. It's mentioned to be available on level 14, but the power chosen is Inconstant Location. Weird, to say the least.

At any rate, Temporal Acceleration needs to be crammed in there as it's such an integral power for Gishes - I suppose you could push other powers down the line and get rid of e.g. Mind over Energy, a relatively narrow power and not really that much additional punch to Energy Conversion. The other option is to go the other way around - while Energy Conversion is certainly handy, Mind over Energy does provide complete immunity, which can be very relevant when being tossed Super Orbs at, or just breathed by Great Wyrms.

Crow
2009-04-07, 10:17 PM
Thanks dude. Psionic gishes are quite fun.

Starbuck_II
2009-04-07, 10:21 PM
As far as Gishes go, having access to teleport-by attacks is pretty friggin' amazing - pretty much the ultimate marriage of melee and manifesting right there. All the other benefits are just groovy, although of course pivotal to actually being Gish instead of Your Average One-Trick Pony.

The big problem is that the best tricks are all built around Divert Teleport, which is a level 7 power and thus only available level 13 the earliest (and level 15-16 to a Gish as you lose manifester levels). Sure, the build doesn't suck before that or anything, but the best tricks do come late.

Also, the build doesn't actually note Temporal Acceleration, a key power that's constantly used, but not actually included in the level progression chart. It's mentioned to be available on level 14, but the power chosen is Inconstant Location. Weird, to say the least.

He might of had psychic Chirugry used on him to learn an extra power (it can do that).