PDA

View Full Version : So if you discover that you had....

DrizztFan24
2009-04-07, 11:08 PM
Psionic abilities. If you suddenly realized that you had the beginnings of psionic abilities what would you do, and what spells/powers would you create/recreate? Would you train and develop your newfound abilities, always pursuing greater knowledge? Learn a few tricks and find the most efficient use for your tricks? Post and let us know.

Yukitsu
2009-04-07, 11:11 PM
Mordenkainens magnificent mansion is the only thing I would learn, and would thusly live in the lap of luxury without paying a cent, or working a day. Would probably also put up rooms for rent so I could pay my utilities bill, unless the M. mansion comes with a hotspot.

Would be hard explaining to the tenant where the house goes in the day though.

Valentyne
2009-04-07, 11:35 PM
metamorphosis/shapechange

Going into the girl's lockerroom...or just changing into zac efron or whoever the gal fancied at the time...

chiasaur11
2009-04-07, 11:52 PM
Time Stop.

Oh, the things you could do with time stop...

Tempest Fennac
2009-04-08, 01:23 AM
I'd want Magnificent Mansion and Shapeshifting (the latter one is mainly bcause I think I'd look good with a half fox form). I'd also want to look into Psionics which could heal other people for onvious reasons.

Crazy Scot
2009-04-08, 02:21 AM
Good suggestions so far, but how about something like Teleport (for traveling and seeing stuff), Create Object (or whatever it is called, for making money), or Mass Teleport (put the local airport out of business).

golentan
2009-04-08, 02:43 AM
For me: Mind reading and control. Well... Illusions.

Then become a superhero (I am dead serious). Take out criminals with illusory attacks and faking powers, all while sitting quietly outside the building. Once they're unconscious or expended all their bullets, call in the police. Plus, I like listening on people's surface thoughts and conversation.

The problem is I'd have to impose strict limits on myself, because it would be tempting to listen to everyone (violation of privacy: no no) or actually control people's actions rather than just their senses. But that temptation is probably directly linked to my desire for those powers, so it's a good indicator that's what I actually want. Just have to watch myself closely, right?

BlueWizard
2009-04-08, 02:44 AM
Telekinesis, perhaps something to make a force field.

Waspinator
2009-04-08, 03:25 AM
I would do a really awesome magic show.

VelvetThunder
2009-04-08, 05:09 AM
Fusion all the way. That would be Amazing. Just take your best pal and Fuse with them.. Then go enter Toughman or something. Hecks yeah!

Quietus
2009-04-08, 05:43 AM
Telepathy, for one. I'm sick of failing at speaking; I'm good at it, but I have this problem with nouns. That is, when I'm with my friends, I don't use them. It's somewhat... special... when my friends can understand "Blah blah, et da blah blah!" better than actual language.

The ability to perceive things through another's senses. I want to know how other people see the world. I want to know what shrimp and crab taste like to someone that actually likes them. There are other uses, that are less forum-clean, that I'd like to experience as well.

Telekinesis. Lifting things with my mind. I want this, badly.

And possibly some form of shapeshifting; I do like the idea of making my impulses to just grab and lift kegs without concern a reality, or being able to fly.

So of those, in order : Telekinesis, Shapeshifting, Telepathy, then the "Extra perception" deal.

Drakefall
2009-04-08, 06:48 AM
Telekinesis without a doubt. And I want all of it: Being able to move about heavy objects with a mere motion of my finger, slamming blasts of force into annoying philistines, shielding myself from any pathetic attack thrown at me and actually flying.

Telepathy is a big no no. I don't care what people are thinking and I certainly don't want to be driven insane by their voices in my head nor do I want any sort of mind control powers. I find them abhorrent.

Shapeshifting does sound amusing: rawr I'm a wolfman with mind bullets! Time manipulation to a degree has appeal but then I think of the poop that could result from messing with time and definitely wouldn't want that temptation/burden on my shoulders.

In short: I'd want to be awesome incarnate, but nowhere near a god.

Lamech
2009-04-08, 06:55 AM
Astral seed obviously, (stuipid aging). Genesis as well to store it. Wish... shapechange. Pyschic reformation, convert knowledge from one type to another ftw! Probably some healing powers as well.

SolkaTruesilver
2009-04-08, 07:51 AM
Telekinesy, both powerful and delicate. I suppose I'd need a lot of training with it...

Telepathy is a big "no". I have learned recently that knowledge of things and what people think is hugely overrated. I don't need this.

I guess time-slowing would be great. Teleport too.. Maybe cerebral acceleration, to increase the IQ :smallwink:

Hmmm... A powerful 6th Sense would be great...

Telekinesy HAVE to allow me to fly, btw :smallbiggrin:

Roderick_BR
2009-04-08, 08:08 AM
Time Stop.

Oh, the things you could do with time stop...
Sleep a few more minutes, for example :smallamused:
Or reach that damn bus :smallfurious:

I think I'd look for practical uses to make the "normal" everyday life easier.
Teleport to cut down on transport cost would be a plus.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-04-08, 08:18 AM
The list goes on and on... If a genie gave me three wishes right now one of them would be to have the stats of a 100th level wizard//psion geshalt...

Teleport--Who wouldn't?
Telekinesis--Awesome factor
Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace...--Better at sports, better at school, just better...
Timestop--If you don't know why I want this, just read that again.
Shapechange--Turn into, well, anything
Prestidigitation--Big one
Overland Flight--Up, up, and away!

Those are the ones off the top of my head.

Gorbash
2009-04-08, 08:28 AM
Teleport--Who wouldn't?

Yes, but there are consequences. I know people who've become fat slobs once they got a car, imagine what would ability to teleport do to them. Even an ordinary person would gain weight by not walking everywhere they normally would.

But for teleporting to other countries/cities is a splendind idea.

Lamech
2009-04-08, 08:36 AM
Teleport, overland flight, the whole owl's wisdom, fox's cunning line. Divination spells, legend lore for example. Would be great for science... Presdigitation, thats an amazing power, unseen serevent and the army version of it. Mordikanin's Magnificent Mansion.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-04-08, 10:03 AM
What I would do:Mordekain's Magnificent Mansion+Greater Creation. Get myself infinite cash and awesome living quarters.

What a decent, moral person should do:Heal+Greater Creation.

What would be awesome:Astral Projection+Mindrape

streakster
2009-04-08, 10:09 AM
Metamorphosis. Oh, Metamorphosis.

Transform into something that has healing powers and run through hospitals curing everything while laughing like crazy.

Turn into a dragon and tour the world from the air.

Turn into a mer-something, explore under the sea.

Be a construct and explore space.

The list just goes on and on...

EDIT: Or Fabricate. I'd be Santa Claus!

Darth Stabber
2009-04-08, 02:49 PM
Assuming psionic powers as per psion (I would probably choose nomad, Usefull w/o major ethical Issues)
lvl 1
Call to mind (google my brain)
Burst (for when you just need to go faster)
Far hand (pretend to be a jedi)
missive (Txt people directly from my brain, tell the jerk who cut me off what i really think of him)
Force Screen (Can't touch this)
lvl 2
Sustenance (No thanks, not hungry)
Body Equilibrium (tight rope/water walking)
Dimension swap (hey man switch me spots)
Levatate (move things, including me)
Detect hostile intent (know where the attack is going to come from)
lvl 3
Body adjustment (band aids)
Body Purification (neosporin)
Darkvision (See in the dark)
lvl4
Fly (needs no explanation)
Freedom of movement (can't hold me)
Empathic Feedback (normally against hurting folks, but if this does it, you deserve it)
Correspond (Brain to Brain IM)
lvl5
Teleport (when i need groceries in a hurry)
Adapt Body (never buy a coat again)
Incarnate (allow certain powers to always be up)
Planeshift (see the multiverse)
lvl6
Temporal acceleration (More time)
Aura alteration (put on my psychiatrist hat)
Contingency (always have a backup plan)
Retrieve (I'll have that thanks)
Overland Flight (better faster more expensive flight
lvl7
Moment of Prescience (when failure is not infact an option)
Phase door (when you just need an exit/entrance)
Oak body (got to have a few self defense tricks)
lvl8
Bend reality (some times you need to bend the rules a bit)
Mass Time hop (me and some buddies jumping through time)
True teleport (needs no explanation)
Shadow body (just seems like fun)
True Metabolism (keeps me feeling strong all day)
lvl9
Reality Revision (let me make my wishes)
Time Regression (for taking my foot out of my mouth)
Teleportation Circle (make a shortcut for use later)
Microcosm (Makes people go off into their own little world)
Affinity field (Really good sharing, I think one bottle of tequila could get a room drunk that way)

at least thats how I would do it if got to pick powers, and there was no adventuring/others with powers to worry about. And very few of these have major ethical complications, infact 6

Empathic Feedback (though the power is entirely retalitatory, so you cant really actively harm anyone)
phase door (no locked doors)
Microcosm (obviously that is tantamount to Murder)
affinity field (dependant on what happens in the field)
Bend reality (what part of ethics could I not break)
reality revision (as above but with less limitations)

Thoughts

RandomFellow
2009-04-08, 03:14 PM
I'd take 5 Psion Powers for World Domination for 200, Alex.

Psionic Greater Teleport (I dun wana die. Also, I hate driving.)

Dominate, Psionic (For the people I can't bribe)

Genesis (Planes of Pure Gold anyone?)

Planet Shift, Psionic (For getting to and from my natural gold mine.)

Moment of Prescience, Psionic (Teleport away from assassins anyone?)

Calinero
2009-04-08, 03:18 PM
I would do a really awesome magic show.

lol, it would be interesting to see how people reacted to real magic in a magic show. They'd probably think the special effects looked cheap, or something. Hiding in plain sight....

Waspinator
2009-04-08, 03:31 PM
It'd be hilarious to invite one of those people who debunk psychic powers and then just start floating around the room. Also, I'd want Energy Ray. Then I can be Iron Man!

Telonius
2009-04-08, 03:53 PM
Teleport. I hate this blasted 2 hour commute.

Flickerdart
2009-04-08, 04:03 PM
Utility powers, oh, utility powers. Low-level effects aren't that great. Attraction and Call to Mind, as well as Empathy, Telempathic Projection and Far Hand have daily uses, though. But not so much when you need to level up and get more of those sweet powers. So the question is whether you actually need to kill things or merely do what you normally do and "defeat" the morning traffic or waiting in line to the ATM.

Ravens_cry
2009-04-08, 04:25 PM
Hideous Laughter.

I like to make people laugh. >:D

Polymorph and Shapechange.
Sometimes I want to be different.

DrizztFan24
2009-04-08, 04:33 PM
Assuming psionic powers as per psion

The idea was actually that you started off with minimal powers and could develop your own pwers as you studied and tried. Thus you could create your own powers. Personally, I would see if I could find some kind of an aura around myself and then see if I could detect it around others, identify others with powers. Then I would proceed to create powers and bend reality as would suit me. It would probably begin to possess my life as a spent hours sweating off in some field trying to bend reality and teleport myself 6 feet. I would definately try to do some agility enhancement with a wee bit of strength (free parkour traning) with a really fast dim-door ability. Like in Jumper. From there, whatever suited my fancy. I guess it would be like constantly casting small wishes as I alter things around me...Blue pen is now black. That guy's coffee is now frozen. That lady no longer has her pack of smokes at work...I hate tobacco smoke.

But yeah, I would spend hours increasing my endurance and pushing my power capacity higher.

Winthur
2009-04-08, 05:42 PM
I'd become Pun-Pun. Once I stop getting infinite stats, I'd transform myself to someone less repulsive than an orange runt. Like... Richard Dean Anderson. That would fit my looks to my stats.

EDIT:
I'm not quite sure what the heck does my above post has to do with anything, but then again, I'm kind of sleepy.

Triaxx
2009-04-08, 08:17 PM
You know, if you have Teleportation, you don't have to worry about catching the bus. You can sleep longer and then teleport to whereever you were going to be. (Note that teleporation and sleeping are not mutually exclusive.)

I say flight, telekinesis and invisibility. Maybe Polymorph Any Object. Shapechange is even better, since the real world isn't limited by HD. :smallbiggrin:

Gralamin
2009-04-08, 08:29 PM
Hypercognition and Metafaculty. Knowledge is Power, and if there are others developing these talents (possible if I am), then I may end up in a situation where being able to out think is critical.

Also, Who wouldn't want to be just that smart?

Llama231
2009-04-08, 09:12 PM
Time, telekinesis, teleportation, and illusions in that order.

Knowledge is power, but ignorance is bliss.

Thrawn183
2009-04-08, 09:20 PM
I'd go with teleportation just because you can make an entire career out of it. People will pay prime money for instant transport from New York to Tokyo.

The Glyphstone
2009-04-08, 10:08 PM
Can I beat Tippy to the punch by saying Mindrape?:smallcool:

Personally, though, I'd take True Creation. Make whatever I want, whenever I want, permanently.

Khanderas
2009-04-09, 06:30 AM
Invisibility, teleport and cha boost.

Because one would get unwanted attention from suddenly teleporting in anywhere.
And teleportation to a nice weekend vacation when the weather is crap.
Honestly, money would be no problem either, weather you teleport people who want vacations, teleport cargo, smuggle legal / illegal substances or port into bankvaults... plenty of opportunities to keep a comfortable lifestyle.

Finally, the psionic verion of eagles splendor. Becase you can be rich, smart, cunning, worldly, strong or agile and it matters nothing compared to the ability to be charming (edit: when it comes to personal happiness).

Edit 2: With all this, my next wish is problebly eternal youth cause that looks like a life I dont wanna quit.

shadow_archmagi
2009-04-09, 06:54 AM
Microcosm could be fun.