PDA

View Full Version : Logging in

Eldrys
2009-04-08, 04:30 PM
This isn't very major but--when you log in there is an option that say "keep me logged on" and I click it but I'll get back on the forum and it will tell me to log on again:smallannoyed:. I was wondereing if this happened to anyone else and if so how it could be fixed.

The Rose Dragon
2009-04-08, 04:33 PM
Are your cookies turned on? If not, you need to do that.

Eldrys
2009-04-08, 06:42 PM
how do I do that? if it helps I have windows vista

The Rose Dragon
2009-04-09, 02:33 AM
Are you using Internet Explorer? I'm not familiar with that.

If you have Firefox, you need to go to Preferences -> Privacy -> "Allow cookies".

crimson77
2009-04-09, 02:43 AM
This isn't very major but--when you log in there is an option that say "keep me logged on" and I click it but I'll get back on the forum and it will tell me to log on again:smallannoyed:. I was wondereing if this happened to anyone else and if so how it could be fixed.

If you are using Firefox I ran into a glitch that kept logging me out every time I left a site. If you have your cookies turn on and using firefox then try uninstalling firefox and then reinstalling it. It worked for me.

Shhalahr Windrider
2009-04-09, 07:38 AM
If you have a high security setting that clears "private data" everytime you quit the browser, that would probably be clearing your cookies all the time.

(That might have been the actual source of your "glitch," crimson. If it was, changing that setting would probably be easier than a reinstall.)

Eldrys
2009-04-09, 12:17 PM
I run internet explorer and don't have a very recent security thing.