PDA

View Full Version : Demons in my BRAIN! [Template]

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-08-21, 08:00 PM
Daemonic

Daemonic is a template that can be added to any humanoid, monsterous
humanoid, giant, or non-demon outsider. This creature is now on refered to as the base creature.

Daemonic cretures are created when a creture is born on a demon plane, or is exposed to demonic energy at the moment of birth. The first demon that the creature sees is forever fused with it. The demon's personality and will is forever lost. Daemonic creatures usually do not look different than others of its kind, but they are always undoubtedly evil.

Game rules
When a Daemonic creature is created, you must choose a type of demon. That demon fuses with the character, and gives it varing powers.

size and type: type is unchanged, but the creature gains the chaotic,
evil, and extraplanar subtypes. size is unchanged.

Hit dice: unchanged.

Armor class: The base creature gains half of the fused demon's natural armor.

Attacks: the base creature gains any natural attacks that the fused demon had, reduced or increased to match the base creature's size. You may not have a tail.

Special Attacks: the base creature gains any special attacks that do not require it to be in the shape of its absorbed demon. But there are some limits: unlimited abilities becom 3/day, abilities with more than 1 use per day become 1/day, 1/day abilities can not be used. The creature does not gain access to a special ability until he has hit dice equal to twice the ability's level. You do not gain the summon ability.

Special Qualities: In most cases, half the special qualities of the demon. There are some exceptions to this rule. You may not inherit fast healing. also, you may not have spell resistance as a benefiet of aborsbing certian demons. You may gain spell resistance other ways, like being a drow. Do not half darkvision. Immunity is changed to resistance 10. Treat True Seeing as a spell like ability. (under these rules, it's 1/day.) Any other effects are for the DM to decide. A Daemonic creature also gains this power:
Demonic Transformation: 1/day you may embrace the demon within and transform into your base demon for 1 round/hit die you have. You cannot transform unless you have as many hit die as your base demon does. This functions much like the alternate form ability, with these additions:
You gain the special qualities of your base demon.
You retain your ability scores, but lose your normal racial modifiers and gain those of the base demon. This applies to your mental scores as well.
You gain the spell-like abilities and supernatural abilities of the base demon, with their normal limits. Uses of a SLA you normally have are not used up in this form.
Your hit points are modified by in increase or reduction of your normal con score.
You may keep any class levels above the HD of the base demon.

Abilities: +2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Int, +2 Wis, -2 Cha: Daemonic creatures are superior to the rest of their kind, but others do not feel quite right around them.

Skills: Base creature gains Half of racial skill bonuses.

Challenge Rating: Base Creature + Half demon's CR

Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil. If the base creature ever willingly does an act of good, they must make a Fortitude DC 25 save, or die. If the base creature does make this save, its alignment may change.

Advancement: By character class.

Level Adjustment: Base Creature +2 for demons under 6 hit dice, +3 for under 10 Hit dice, +4 for under 15 Hit dice.

Sample Creature

Fallreg
Daemonic (Babau) Bugbear
Size/Type: Medium Humanoid (Chaotic, Extraplanar, Evil, Goblinoid)
HD: 3d12+6
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
AC: 18 (+2 Dex, +3 natural, +2 leather armor, +1 light wooden shield), touch 12, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+5
Attack: Morningstar +6 melee (1d8+3) or javelin +4 ranged (1d6+3), or claw +5 melee (1d6+3)
Full Attack: Morningstar +6 melee (1d8+3) or javelin +4 ranged (1d6+3), or claw +5 melee (1d6+3) and bite +0 (1d6+2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Sneak attack +2d6, spell-like abilities, summon demon
Special Qualites: Darkvision 60 ft., scent Damage reduction 5/cold iron or good, darkvision 60 ft., Resistance to electricity and poison 10, protective slime, resistance to acid 5, cold 5, and fire 5, telepathy 50 ft.
Saves:Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 17, Dex 14, Con 15, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 7
Skills: Climb +3, Hide +9, Listen +9, Move Silently +12, Spot +5, Search +4
Feats: Alertness, Weapon Focus (morningstar)
Enviroment: A chaotic evil plane
Organization: Solitary, gang (1 with 2-4 bugbears), or band (1 with 150% noncombatants plus 11-20 bugbears, 2 2nd level sargents, 1 4th level leaderguard. )
Challenge Rating: 5
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +4

Combat
Daemonic Bugbears live to gain power and inflict pain. They have little perpose beyond this. Many rise to become the leader of their tribe, usually by killing the existing ruler.

A daemonic bugbear's natural weapon's and manufactured weapons count as Chaotic and Evil for overcoming Damage Reduction.

Sneak Attack: A Daemonic bugbear can make a sneak attack like a rogue, dealing an extra 2d6 points of damage whenever a foe is denied his or her Dexterity bonus, or when the bugbear is flanking.

Spell-like abities: 1/day: darkness, dispel magic, see invisibility, greater teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only). Caster level 7th.

Protective Slime: A slimy red jelly coats the Daemonic bugbear's skin. Any weapon that touches it takes 1d8 points of acid damage from the corrosive goo, and the weapon's hardness does not reduce this damage. A magic weapon may attempt a DC 12 Reflex save to avoid taking this damage. A creature who strikes the babau with an unarmed attack, unarmed strike, touch spell, or natural weapon takes this damage as well but can negate the damage with a DC 12 Reflex save. The save DCs are Constitution-based.

Flabbicus
2006-08-21, 08:15 PM
I thought Daemons were another name for Yugoloths?

Cool idea though.

martyboy74
2006-08-21, 09:09 PM
Aren't you worried that someone's going to get in this just for the stat bonus and fuse with a quasit and get all those +2 for only a+1 LA?

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-08-21, 09:22 PM
Aren't you worried that someone's going to get in this just for the stat bonus and fuse with a quasit and get all those +2 for only a+1 LA?

Ah... very good point. I will make the minimum +3 LA. Is that reasonable?

I thought Daemons were another name for Yugoloths?

Cool idea though.

Nah, I just like the spelling better. makes it seem cooler than just Demonic. I thought that Daemonic looked cooler.

martyboy74
2006-08-21, 09:24 PM
Ah... very good point. I will make the minimum +3 LA. Is that reasonable?

+2 or +3 should be good.

Fizban
2006-08-21, 10:58 PM
After a long and drawn out reboot to get my internet working again, here's my post:

Hmm, nice idea. I think you might have some typos, and I would reword some stuff. My changes:
Hit dice: if type doesnt change, hit die shouldn't change. That's just the way it works.

Speed: you gain the base land speed of the base demon, but you do not gain other movement modes.

Special attacks: Gains special attacks of the demon, but with some limits: unlimited abilities becom 3/day, abilities with more than 1 use per day become 1/day, 1/day abilities can not be used. The creature does not gain access to a special ability until he has hit dice equal to twice the abilities level. Does not gain the summon ability (too much hassle).

Demonic Transformation: 1/day you may embrace the demon withing and transform into your base demon for 1 round/hit die you have. You cannot transform unless you have as many hit die as your base demon does. This functions much like the alternate form ability, with these additions:
You gain the special qualities of your base demon.
You retain your ability scores, but lose your normal racial modifiers and gain those of the base demon. This applies to your mental scores as well.
You gain the spell-like abilities and supernatural abilities of the base demon, with their normal limits. Uses of a SLA you normally have are not used up in this form.
Your hit points are modified by in increase or reduction of your normal con score.

Abilites: you get half the modifiers the base demon has. (Ex: if the base demon has +8 con, you have +4. If it has -4 int, you have -2.)

Skills: you gain half the base demon's racial bonus on skills, if any.

LA: ? I'd say maybe.... +2 for demons under 6 hit die, +3 for under 10, +4 for under 15.

The problem with CR, is that it's not a value for anything but xp. Hit dice and LA are the only things that affect ECL. My LA ideas could very well be wrong, but I think they're a good starting point.

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-08-22, 09:54 AM
I like most of your ideas, Fizban, but giving them half of the ability modifiers that the demon has would be largely unbalenced. A Daemonic fighter would absolutly destacrate enemies with one blow. and most likey, at 3rd level. not right. but I'll implement the rest of the stuff, because your wording is better.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-25, 01:50 AM
It needs some clarification. There's some half-demon templates out there already. What are you trying to do with this?