PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 monk question Ki strike (holy)

lrellok
2009-04-10, 11:41 PM
one of the feats in Book of Exalted Deeds list as a requirement Ki strike (holy). I can find no mention of this ability in the rest of the book, and it does not appear that 3.5 or 3.0 edition monks have a Ki strike (holy) naturally. Where does this ability appear?

Battleship789
2009-04-11, 12:34 AM
I assume the feat you are looking at is Holy Ki Strike, on page 44, which does have Ki Strike (holy) as a prereq...which is the benefit the feat is supposed to grant.

I'd say its a typo and replace the word "holy" for "lawful" in the prerequisite line. So new prereqs would be:

Cha 15, Improved Unarmed Strike, Ki strike (lawful), Sanctify Ki Strike

It fits with another of the prerequisite feats, Sanctify Ki Strike, which has Ki Strike (lawful) as a prerequisite.

Curmudgeon
2009-04-11, 12:35 AM
It's probably an error. My guess is that if you satisfy the requirements for Sanctify Ki Strike you'll be set to qualify for Holy Ki Strike.

Keld Denar
2009-04-11, 12:49 AM
Complete Champion, IIRC, has an alt class feature that replaces your Ki Strike Magical with Ki Strike Holy, but that can't be what they were talking about in BoED, since BoED was printed right before 3.5 came out, and Complete Champion was almost the last 3.5 book ever printed.

shadow_archmagi
2009-04-11, 10:41 AM
Complete Champion, IIRC, has an alt class feature that replaces your Ki Strike Magical with Ki Strike Holy, but that can't be what they were talking about in BoED, since BoED was printed right before 3.5 came out, and Complete Champion was almost the last 3.5 book ever printed.

Time travel! :smallbiggrin: I mean, surely some amount of coordination between the makers of the two books is possible?

EDIT: Obligatory "and just *why* are you playing a monk anyway!?" post.

Dixieboy
2009-04-11, 10:00 PM
EDIT: Obligatory "and just *why* are you playing a monk anyway!?" post.Because monks are le awsuhm... yea, sorry can't say that with a straight face.