PDA

View Full Version : SoD question (spoilers)

CrimsonAngel
2009-04-11, 12:57 PM
Will the S-men ever try to gain revenge? Also, I saw V in Fyron's tour, will **e be peeved Xykon killed a powerful wizard?

Tempest Fennac
2009-04-11, 01:16 PM
I don't think the S-Men will be reappearing (I think they were just there as an X-Men parody rather then anything significant, and they would have tried to get Xykon before now if they wanted revenge, unless they tried but it wasn't depicted at all). While that Elf looks a lot like V, we can't be certain about whether it is Vaarseuveus or not due to the lack of colour. I don't know wether V's teacher would consider teleporting V to Cliffport for a field trip is plausible due to how Fyron's displays may not have had any relevance to helping people to understand magic. (The crown is either an evil item with an unknown amount of power, or it just looks neat according to Xykon).

Selene
2009-04-11, 01:21 PM
It's been 95 years, so I'm thinking the S-Men are pretty old by now. But it would have been funny.

Starscream
2009-04-11, 01:45 PM
While we're on the subject, anyone know why The Giant decided to make Xavion a wizard? Sure, it sets up the whole "mallet vs watch" thing, but wouldn't a Psion be the obvious choice for a Professor X parody?

And yeah, I doubt they'll show up again. It made for a funny spoof, but it's been about a century since that occurred.

Tempest Fennac
2009-04-11, 01:53 PM
I know what you mean about Psion being a better fit. I think it was there solely to give Xykon an incentive to set out and turn properly evil more then anything else; he was probably only a Professer Xavier parody to set up the X-Men spoof in the first place.

Selene
2009-04-12, 06:10 AM
Professor X could have taken Xykon out easily, though. So you can't have Xavion too much like him, or the story's over before it starts.

FoE
2009-04-12, 06:31 AM
On the other hand, it would have spoiled the Psion joke Redcloak makes here. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0546.html)