PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Homebrewed feats

Zerg Cookie
2009-04-12, 09:29 AM
Ranged precision attack [General]
Prerequisites: Point-Blank shot, Precision-based attack +2d6
Benefits: Your precision attack range increases by 30 ft.
Special: You can take this feat multiple times, it's affects stack.
Your precision attack range is still limited to your ranged weapon range.

Improved Ranged precision attack [General]
Prerequisites: Point-Blank shot, Far-Shot, Ranged precision attack, Precision-based attack +3d6
Benefits: Your precision attack range increases by 60 ft.
Special: Your precision attack range is still limited to your ranged weapon range.

Ranged Death attack [General]
Prerequisites: Ranged precision attack, Death attack as class feature, Sneak attack +3d6
Benefits: You can use your death attack with a ranged weapon, although with a -4 penalty on the save DC

Skill proficiency [General]
Choose a cross-class skill
Benefits: The chosen skill becomes a class-skill for you.
Special: You can take this feat multiple times. Each time you take it, it applies to a different skill

Those are my first feats, but feel free to criticize me constructively

Cieyrin
2009-04-12, 09:49 AM
Ranged Sneak Attack seems a little short ranged, in actuality. 10' gain isn't worth much when you can take the Crossbow Sniper feat and double your sneak range with crossbows, as well as get half your dex mod as additional damage. RSA should at least increase 20' or potentially 30', but even then, it's the half dex that makes Crossbow Sniper sweet; the increased range is just a nice carrot to go w/ it.

Other than that, the other feats look decentish. Them's my 2 coppers. Take as you will.

Neithan
2009-04-12, 10:04 AM
Yeah, looks very good to me.

But I would also make the first feat to double the range to 60ft., but it could be taken only once. (And possibly requiring Far Shot.) And I would make it work for all kinds of precesion damage that usually is restricted to 30 ft. range.

Zerg Cookie
2009-04-12, 10:16 AM
Thanks for your comments. I changed RSA to apply to any precision and add +30 ft. range, but it can still be taken many times.

As for far shot, I made a new feat for that :smallbiggrin: