PDA

View Full Version : Kobold to Other Races Insults

Parvum
2009-04-12, 02:34 PM
The Why is a bit long, if all you want is What then you can skip the spoiler tag.
I am fond of kobolds.

I sometimes feel it is for this fact alone that my DM is not. I think it was how he narrowed his eyes and said "No. No kobolds. In fact, they're slaves. In mines." when I asked about them. Thankfully, through liberal application of the Rule of Funny (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfFunny), he warmed up to the idea of a hate-filled revolutionary with all the humor-veiled subtlety of an elephant in the living room and an accent to make Jacques Clouseau tear out his auditory canals.

Setting for this particular fellow includes: An empire that could be described positively as "Better than being ruled by vikings!" (human), afore-mentioned kobold mining slaves (which kept thoquas [flaming worms] as pets), dwarves who can mine more thoroughly with kobold competition under human control, as well as scattered minority races in wild nooks and crannies.
Basically, what I'm looking for are some good insults that a small (french) reptile can throw at the various hairless apes that he would meet on an average adventure. Grand kudos to anyone who can tell me about a generator or massive list. If you can think of kobold equivalents to "Vive la revolution!" I would appreciate these as well.

Flickerdart
2009-04-12, 02:39 PM
Well, there's always the "Half-elves...half-orcs...half-dragons...centaurs" joke.

Garian
2009-04-12, 03:17 PM
Perhaps "Your mother was a ape and you father smelt of mammal dung, you sniveling soft skinned worms."

Or maybe "At least we don't carry our hatchlings around like groceries for nine months"

"Your blood will keep my feet warm."

Give me until I have time later to come up with more.

kjones
2009-04-12, 04:34 PM
KoDT gave us "Porg du' mundee!" which roughly translates to "Your mother is a bare-handed wiper of halfling bums!" Pretty rude.

Shadowbane
2009-04-12, 04:42 PM
"Your beard looks like the tail end of a goat. Did your mother dally with a rangy goat when your father proved too, ah, un-endowed?"

Dogmantra
2009-04-12, 04:43 PM
Perhaps "Your mother was a ape and you father smelt of mammal dung, you sniveling soft skinned worms."

Alternatively, you could use "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries"

Garian
2009-04-12, 04:51 PM
Alternatively, you could use "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries"

I love monte' python, I knew I had heard it somewhere.

Gnorman
2009-04-12, 04:57 PM
If you're using ACTUAL French, I suggest:

"Moutons" - Sheep (say it like Crouton)

"Con" - A**hole

"Imbecile" - fairly straightforward cognate, but pronounce it AM-BUH-SEEL

"Singe" - Monkey (pronounced SANJ)

"Sang-chaud" Warm-blood (SANG-CHO)

TSED
2009-04-13, 04:51 AM
For some reason, I cannot stop imagining your kobold with a goatee, a beret, and a rapier. With carrier pigeons.

... Please, please, please make him a ranger / druid / wizard / sorcerer. So he can have a carrier pigeon companion.

"For ze eggs zat vil never 'atch!"

How do you say "So we will hide from the sun by our own choice" in french? If you can find a way to make it short and snappy... But it'll be hard to top "Vive le revolucion!" It's a classic for a reason.