PDA

View Full Version : Second Start

Pages : 1 2 [3]

MGuy
2009-10-11, 10:42 PM
Before you all can part a familiar voice rings in your ears. "Comrades!" Roaman exclaims patting Caradoc roughly on the back. "I am having exciting news to share with you! Tonight is a night of celebration!"

Guancyto
2009-10-12, 02:09 PM
Bess has been busy checking the security arrangements in the inn and not seeming terribly impressed. "Wait, what's this now?" she asks.

Steward
2009-10-12, 03:11 PM
"A celebration?" Caradoc exclaims. He is surprised to see Roaman again so soon; the last time they had seen him, the warrior had seemed almost eager to get away from them and see to his duties at his mysterious Guild. Caradoc doesn't question the coincidence, however; Roaman was a font of information and he is eager to record it all. "Oh, do tell us about it, please!"

MGuy
2009-10-12, 04:39 PM
Roaman moves to order a drink. "Well my comrades I would be liking to keep the reason behind this celebration secret." He marches proudly up to the barkeep and acquires his drink. He then asks for the biggest private room they have. "This shall all be on me comrades! Come come!"

Ezeze
2009-10-12, 04:52 PM
Early morning planned or not, Tia is intrigued. They hadn't paid the big man that much, what news would motivate him to spend the gold on a private room? Her curiosity spurs her into following him.

Steward
2009-10-12, 05:20 PM
Caradoc claps his hands together. "Participant observation! Even better!" He follows Roaman to the private room, briefly forgetting his desperate desire for sleep.

Prince_Selm
2009-10-13, 08:00 PM
Nerick's sense of fun, coupled with his naivity, (Why can't I ever spell that right?) means that his thoughts share nothing with Tia's

Sounds like a blast!

MGuy
2009-10-13, 08:11 PM
After the group assembles in the spacious room Roaman tells his tale. "Upon our last meeting your old comrade Roaman did some investigating. I had been in the having of suspicions about the inn we had found on the road a while back. I heard word about the lady who wrote the diary we found. It turns out she is a figure of some historical importance and that any number of researchers who are doing research on the Last Age are looking for any and all clues on what happened to the important peoples from that time. So I am saying the diary is worth a lot to a lot of peoples."

Prince_Selm
2009-10-17, 12:24 PM
Last Age?

(Would this be something the average person would know? I'm prepared to make any kind of INT, Knowledge check if you ask for one.)

MGuy
2009-10-17, 04:34 PM
[Yes, the average person knows about the Last Age but you could know more or less depending on a knowledge roll. Knowledge History, Arcane, Religion, and Local all would fit]

Steward
2009-10-17, 05:17 PM
"The Last Age? So that's connected to the diary we found?" Caradoc muses out loud. "Say, I bet that the researchers into the Last Age would be willing to grant us admission into the Librarium if we were to promise them access to that diary." It might not have done them much good when they had found it, but if Caradoc was right it might help them gain access to that imprenetrable vault of knowledge later on.

Prince_Selm
2009-10-19, 07:50 PM
(All of those checks have the same mod for me, +4.
Generic Knowledge Check: [roll0])
(excellent.)

That's a good point, but is it really the right thing to do?

I mean, this lady could very well still be alive. Is it really fair to hand off her private thoughts to researchers? If I may:

"I don't have any... direct experience with this, mind you, but I've been told that the sort of people who keep diaries are the sort of people who don't want it to be read by prying eyes. That was probably why she hid it - so that some nosy so-and-so like myself wouldn't start thumbing through it."

MGuy
2009-10-20, 07:41 AM
[The last age was one of darkness where, after an apocalyptic event that occurred in this very kingdom, the undead walked in the light of day for many many years afterward. This came at an inopportune time for the forces of the living. The celestial energies had been caught in some kind of turmoil. Exactly what happened is a complete mystery. In that time the powers of Light and even those of Dark gods waned. The Lords of the Undead reigned over the land during this dark time. Eventually the forces of the living united and were able to drive out some of the more heinous lords while coming to an uneasy agreement with those that remained. A number of heroes and mysteries were born in this time so its quite possible that the name in the diary is a figure of some note.]

Steward
2009-10-20, 10:57 AM
Caradoc nods and smiles faintly. "Fair enough, but as I said before, I am a nosy so-and-so and she is a figure of some historical import," He points out. "And, now that I think about it, why would anyone write something down in a relatively accessible spot if they wanted it to remain secret for all eternity? It's quite reasonable to infer that she would want her knowledge and experiences to linger on even after she's shuffled off the mortal..., so to speak." He looks to the others. "I really think that it might be worth it to at least suggest a proffer. What do you think?" He glances to Roaman. "What else can you tell about this diary?"

Guancyto
2009-10-20, 12:12 PM
"I bet it would last longer if we found someone who knew how to preserve it," Bess says pensively, "it wouldn't do to let a historical document fall to pieces, would it?"

Steward
2009-10-23, 09:12 PM
"Quite." Caradoc answers. "Although it has lasted this long all by itself..."

Ezeze
2009-10-25, 01:17 PM
"Well, yes. But in a small cubby beneath a floorboard. If people are going to start handling it again, additional measures are advisable."

Steward
2009-10-27, 07:09 PM
Caradoc nods. "Excellent point! Roaman, my good man, is there anything else you can tell us about this? Maybe steer us as to anyone who might be interested?"

Prince_Selm
2009-10-31, 06:57 AM
(Hey, sorry. My computer has been blinking out recently.)

I mean, I understand your point.

I guess I'm just oversensitive to this kind of thing.

Prince_Selm
2009-11-03, 03:07 PM
I suppose I am

Nerick exclaims, bumping the thread.

Steward
2009-11-25, 09:34 AM
"It's nothing to feel bad about," Caradoc remarks, to fill the silence. "In most circumstances, I would leave it be, but when you're dealing with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity like this, I feel that we have a higher responsibility." Even as he says that, however, he thinks, Yes. A higher responsibility... to sell this to the highest bidder. All to further our own interests. Already he was acclimating to the culture of the city.

Prince_Selm
2009-11-30, 10:31 PM
Nerick seems to pick up on something.

I still must object.

What if this person is still around? I mean, some people think that I hail from then, so obviously it's possible that she could still be kicking, right?

Prince_Selm
2009-12-23, 08:46 PM
Bump... :smallsigh: