PDA

View Full Version : Exalted Character Evaluation

Primal Fury
2009-04-13, 01:31 AM
I've been surfing various forums and trying to get some character crunch looked at from various sources and viewpoints. It's late, so I won't post everything right now. I'll start with relevant dice pools, it seems like their a little messed up. I'm making a Defiler (Corrupted Twillight.)

Craft (Vitriol & Water), Medicine, Lore, Awareness: All 7
Alchemy: 10
Occult: 8
Demon Summoning: 9
Martial Arts (with specialty and accuracy bonuses): 11
TK Attacks: 20 (I REALLY think I miscalculated this)

I'm making these estimates based on which Attribute is used most often. It feels like something needs to be changed. The rest will probably be up tommorow.

Kyeudo
2009-04-13, 01:37 AM
TK Attacks? I don't understand the abbreviation.

Primal Fury
2009-04-13, 01:43 AM
Telekinetic. Sorry. It's from the charm Mind-Hand Manipulation.

Kyeudo
2009-04-13, 01:47 AM
I'm not familiar with the Charm. What's it say the dice pool for such attacks are (in terms of Attribute+Ability+Modifier)?

Primal Fury
2009-04-13, 01:51 AM
It works a little differently than other attacks. It uses (Willpower+Occult), which is also the value it uses for Accuracy. He has a Willpower rating of 6, and an Occult rating of 4.

Kyeudo
2009-04-13, 01:33 PM
If you are reading the Charm correctly, then yes, you have the dice pool correct. If you put up the Charm's full text, I might be able to see what you are doing wrong.

Starbuck_II
2009-04-13, 02:03 PM
Telekinetic. Sorry. It's from the charm Mind-Hand Manipulation.

Which book/page is it on?

Kyeudo
2009-04-13, 02:14 PM
I know its from the new Infernals book, since that's the only Exalt type I don't have the book for. The Craft(Vitriol) was also a dead give away.

Primal Fury
2009-04-13, 02:20 PM
It's from MoEP: Infernals. I'm not sure how many of you have it yet though. It's quite awesome. Moving on, I will post his attributes and abilities

Attributes
Strength: 2
Dexterity: 3
Stamina: 2

Charisma: 3
Manipulation: 3
Appearence: 3

Perception: 4
Intelligence: 4
Wits: 3

Abilities
Martial Arts (Flame Weapons +2): 2
Performance: 1
Medicine: 3
Lore: 3
Craft (Water): 3
Craft (Vitriol): 3
Dodge: 2
Athletics: 2
Awareness: 3
Linguistics: 1 (Malfean Old Realm)
Occult (Alchemy +2, Demon Summoning +1): 4

Kyeudo
2009-04-13, 07:03 PM
If you want us to evaluate your character, we'll need the full write up. We need his Attributes, Abilities, concept, Charms, and gear, not just one section at a time.

The Demented One
2009-04-13, 07:53 PM
It works a little differently than other attacks. It uses (Willpower+Occult), which is also the value it uses for Accuracy. He has a Willpower rating of 6, and an Occult rating of 4.
I'm pretty sure that when it put (Willpower + Occult) for the accuracy, it meant that you roll that for attacks, not that it's doubled. Otherwise, a 20-die attack pool without having to use any charms would be just plain ridiculous.

Kyeudo
2009-04-13, 10:09 PM
I'm pretty sure that when it put (Willpower + Occult) for the accuracy, it meant that you roll that for attacks, not that it's doubled. Otherwise, a 20-die attack pool without having to use any charms would be just plain ridiculous.

I know Abyssals can get an 19 die pool before Excellencies with a taint Charm. 5 Dexterity + 5 Martial Arts + 3 Specialty in Fighting Unarmed + 1 Accuracy + 5 Essence from Five Knife Fist.

Primal Fury
2009-04-13, 10:22 PM

That's EXACLTY why I thought it was wrong! Anyway, here's his stats along with gear and backgrounds. Sorry it took so long, complicated stuff ya know. :smalltongue:

Caste: Defiler
Concept: Ambitious Apothecary
Anima Banner: Whirling Tomescu
Motivation: Surpass the paltry tinkering of the First Age Twilights
Urge (Cecyelian): Usurp the rule of Gem

Attributes
Strength: 2
Dexterity: 3
Stamina: 2

Charisma: 3
Manipulation: 3
Appearence: 3

Perception: 4
Intelligence: 4
Wits: 3

Abilities
Martial Arts (Flame Weapons +2): 2
Performance: 1
Medicine: 3
Lore: 3
Craft (Water): 3
Craft (Vitriol): 3
Dodge: 2
Athletics: 2
Awareness: 3
Linguistics: 1 (Malfean Old Realm)
Occult (Alchemy +2, Demon Summoning +1): 4

Compassion:3
Conviction:3
Temperance:2
Valor:2

Willpower:6

Essence:2
Personal: 12
Peripheral: 28 (30)

BACKGROUNDS
Backing: 2
Influence: 2
Influence (Sunken Bazzar): 2
Cult: 2
Resources: 3
Artifact: 2 (Tainted Moonsilver Caustic Flame Repeater: Quicksilver Nightmare)
Artifact: 2 (Tainted Orichalcum Chain Shirt: Soak +5B/+7L, Hardness +3B/+3L)
Demonic Familiar (Neomah): 1
Unwoven Coadjutor: 1

CHARMS
First SWLIHN Excellency x2
Factual Determination Analysis
Essence-Dissecting Stare
Mind-Hand Manipulation
Counter-Conceptual Interposition
Hardened Devil Body
Transcendent Desert Creature
One Eye Follows the Bird
Hellscry Chakra

Thaumaturgy:
Arts:
Alchemy (Adept)
Procedures:
Summon Neomah
Summon Tomescu
Summon Sesseljae

Health Levels: -0/-1x2/-2x5/-4x2/Incap

Soak
Natural: 2B/1L
Armor: +5B/+7L
Total: 7B/8L

Join Battle: 6

Attacks
Punch: Speed 5, Accuracy +1, Damage +2B, Defense +2, Rate 3
Kick: Speed 5, Accuracy +0, Damage +5B, Defense -2, Rate 1
Clinch: Speed 6, Accuracy +0, Damage +2B, Defense -, Rate 1
Quicksilver Nightmare: Speed 5, Accuracy +4, Damage +10L, Rate 1, Range 120 (MAX), Ammo 5
TK Blow: Speed 5, Accuracy +10, Damage +2B, Defense +10, Rate 2, Range 8
TK Clinch: Speed 6, Accuracy +10, Damage +2B, Rate 1, Range 8

Dodge DV: 4 Parry DV: 3

I don't have much for backstory just yet; gotta get it just right. But here is the basic idea:

He was a member of a wealthy and powerful Dragon-Blood house. He was supposed to exalt as a terrestrial, but a horrible accident in an alchemy lab caused him to be thrown in jail, where the demon approaced him. This obviously isn't much since I've not had time to make it flowery and prettyful, but that'll will happen in due time. The nature of the accident will probably involve trying to distill a charm into a liquid form (so that anyone could use it) which resulted in the death of a high-ranking Dragon-Blood.

Kyeudo
2009-04-13, 11:30 PM
I don't see anything wrong with your Abilities or Attributes but I don't know the Charms.

Is Hardened-Devil Body like Ox-Body Technique?
Do you have a perfect or semi-perfect defense?

Primal Fury
2009-04-14, 08:10 AM
Yeah. Hardened Devil Body gives him three extra -2 health levels, and 1 -4 health level. And Counter-Conceptual Interposition is his perfect parrry.

Kyeudo
2009-04-14, 10:36 AM
Then you definately have the basics and won't just drop dead. I can't say as much about how good the other Charms are, but its hard to pick a useless Charm if you are looking to use them.

Primal Fury
2009-04-14, 10:59 AM
Here's a little summary of the other charms:

Factual Dertermination Analysis allows him to assess the truth of any given statement.
Essence-Dissecting Stare is basically All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight.
Transcendent Desert Creature is a permenant charm that allows him to survive in places of desolation and makes him difficult to track without supernatural assisstance.
Hellscry Chakra allows him to percieve dematerialized demons with all senses.
Mind-Hand Manipulation is all-purpose telekinesis.
And One Eye Follows the Bird is the first charm of Golden Exaltaion Style.