PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 (The Pitt, Spoilers) - Weird Bug no one else seems to have

Avilan the Grey
2009-04-14, 12:54 AM
Hello

Figured I should put this as a separate thread since it's a specific question that also contains some spoilers (at least if you have covered your ears, closed your eyes and went "LALALALALALA" every time someone talks about The Pitt :smallwink:)

Anyway. Wehrner shows up too early! After I have won the Arena, and turn around to go to Ashur's place, Wehrner shows up in the doorway right there and demand me to hand over the "brat". The only two choices I have is A) Kill him or B) Black Widow-him to leave without a fight.
If I do the first it seems the quest suddenly fast-forward so that I "officially" have already talked to Ashur once, and should go back to claim my reward, or something. If I use my Black Widow perk the quest in the Pip Boy seems unchanged (I am still supposed to talk to meet Ashur for the initial meeting).

I have google the heck out of this and I have not found anyone with the same problem.

Seems I sided with the slavers. Oh well, I still have Trogs to hunt down so I get my Perforator (not interested in the armor for this character) before talking to Ashur. I am not leaving without that gun...

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Is it worth re-loading the whole thing (I have a save just before going through the railway tunnel).

Cristo Meyers
2009-04-14, 07:13 AM
Did you check The Vault wiki? They have a listing of reported bugs in The Pitt section. The worst bugs I have are the magic disappearing autoaxe and a disappearing wire-bridge...

...and missing a single measly damn ingot...but that's not really a bug...

Avilan the Grey
2009-04-14, 07:51 AM
Did you check The Vault wiki? They have a listing of reported bugs in The Pitt section. The worst bugs I have are the magic disappearing autoaxe and a disappearing wire-bridge...

I can't find anything about this there, no.

I might restart this, trying another approach.

Cristo Meyers
2009-04-14, 07:58 AM
That's what I'd do. I mean, it's not exactly like The Pitt is horribly long unless you look high and low for the ingots.

Avilan the Grey
2009-04-23, 05:27 AM
Restarted the Pitt, no bugs this time. Except that I followed an online guide to find the ingots and I only got 96 of them...

Anyway, I agree with those that say that the Arena bit is too easy, and too quick.
My guess is that it is made on purpose so that even people with only tagged non-combat skills will survive, since there are no other way around that part of the quest.

I am now back in my beloved wasteland, combining the Chinese stealth suite with the (french canadian guy's) hockey mask. Looks quite creepy actually, and a god at sneaky sniping (and I am boosting my melee fighting for shock-sword combat too).