PDA

View Full Version : Barrow of the Forgotten King OOC



Pages : [1] 2

wxdruid
2009-04-14, 02:25 PM
Introduction:

The shovel clanged against rock, and its wielder snarled in frustration. He shook his brown, furry hands and squinted up into the rain.

"Dig!" a clear voice came from above. "Dig, damn you, or I'll have you flayed alive!"

Deep in the pit, the varag warrior couldn't see the speaker, but he knew the smooth-skinned, silk-clothed fool all too well.

Clang! Another stone. After throwing down his shovel, the varag took a pull from his wineskin. Time for a break, he thought.

A green orb shot out of the darkness above, knocking the wineskin out of the varag's grasp. Snarling in pain and rage, the warrior held his burned hand and watched the wineskin disintegrate in a green pool. Looking up, he saw the smooth-skinned spellcaster, and he grabbed his shovel and gripped it as if it were an axe.

And then he saw the eyes. Those eyes...

The varag turned back to the mud and the rock. He began to dig again.

A reminder: Rate of posting. I expect a reasonable rate of posting, prefer at least once per 3 days if not more. During noncombat periods I will not wait for everyone to post. During combat I expect you to promptly post. If you donít post within 36 hrs or so of my last post, I will post your characters actions for you. I wonít be counting the long forum downtimes. If you donít post within 7 days your last post, youíll be dropped from the game. If you plan to be away from the internet for an extended period, please let me know and I will work with you and be willing to keep you in the game. This game is expected to last longer than a year.

Those in the game:

And a few questions I have for each person's sheet:
Lex-kat - nothing... :smallsmile:

Bue52 - Need link for your 2nd level hit point roll. Need type of crossbow. Why do you have a +1 for the total attack bonus on the crossbow? What is your modifier for the 1d8 on the damage roll for the crossbow? The spell disguise self is an Illusion spell and shouldn't be on your list.

Leon - You need to adjust your ability stats for the dwarven race. ((You start with the 28 point buy, then add on the racial stats)). Please explain the damage rolls for your greatsword.

sum1won - Do you have an extra feat in there? Shouldn't there only be 2?

ConwayCS - You need your base saves in there 3/0/3. I would like to see a few of your characters preferred spells and please put in your spell save DC's.

Celtic8824 - nothing... :smallsmile:

SilentNight - need hp. Why is the damage on your shortbow 1d6+1?

Please answer the questions and fix up your sheet if necessary. Ask any questions here in this thread. :smallsmile: :smallcool:

SilentNight
2009-04-14, 02:43 PM
Whoops, didn't get around to that.

Rogue hp:[roll0]

The shortbow is composite with a +1 str bonus, under qualities.

Celtic8824
2009-04-14, 02:59 PM
Whew. The waiting and hoping paid off!

When do we start?

Celtic8824
2009-04-14, 03:00 PM
Whew. The waiting and hoping paid off!

When do we start?

Has anyone claimed text color yet? If not, I'd like to take:
Sea Green!



EDIT: Sorry about the double post... my computer hates the forums sometimes...

SilentNight
2009-04-14, 03:34 PM
I'll take dim gray then I suppose.

Fra Lippo
2009-04-14, 04:31 PM
If nobody minds I'll use this.
Changed my sheet as you asked, I've put the spells I'm using unless I state otherwise (or if anyone thinks I should change them). Will you expect me to post whenever Gaius prays, or can I just assume that my character has prepared his spells?

Celtic8824
2009-04-14, 05:10 PM
Changed Caelian's favored enemy to Human, not out of hatred, (Considering he too is a human) But from a standpoint of being a bounty hunter for a number of years... he has become good at hunting man.

wxdruid
2009-04-14, 05:10 PM
I will assume the spells listed are the ones he normally prays for. If you want something different for that day, just post it.

We'll start after everyone checks in and answers my questions...

bue52
2009-04-14, 05:23 PM
Rolling for HP [roll0]

Oh and my crossbow shouldn't have any additional bonuses, range attacks by crossbow doesn't have a bonus modifier

EDIT: Oh and I pick Blue
ANyways just to clarify My HP should be
4+CON(2)+Toughness(3)+3+2=14

Lex-Kat
2009-04-14, 05:27 PM
I'll claim Purple.

Leon
2009-04-14, 07:40 PM
The basic stats that i used were from Invisible Castle 28 point buy
15, 16, 12, 10, 10 ,10. Then added a +2 to the 12 and a -2 to the last 10.


Damage rolls do the nature of my broken blade? or something else
I'm not sure 100% what your meaning on that


Darker again, what looks good in the little drop down box doesn't always

wxdruid
2009-04-14, 07:45 PM
The amount you put in the damage section for your greatsword. The 2-12+3.

Leon
2009-04-14, 07:50 PM
Oh, i can change that back to the dice type, its just the way Ive done it for a long time.
I put the min and max of the typical dice down

wxdruid
2009-04-14, 07:56 PM
Ah, now I understand, it makes more sense.

sum1won
2009-04-15, 10:14 AM
1st level feat: Power attack
lvl1 fighter bonus feat: Weapon focus, axes
lvl2 fighter bonus feat: improved sunder

Oh, and color=brown

Fighters get a bonus fighter feat 1st and 2nd levels, and every other level therafter. (4th, 6th...)

This is in addition to any feats the character has (1st level feat)

bue52
2009-04-15, 10:20 AM
Sorry WX, I probably cannot post for the next few days, my uncle just died, and I've got to help out in the funeral.

wxdruid
2009-04-15, 01:47 PM
Sorry to hear that, we'll drag your character along with the rest of them.

Celtic8824
2009-04-15, 03:55 PM
Will you be letting us know in here when the IC thread is up? Or do we have to check it on our own?

wxdruid
2009-04-15, 07:37 PM
Of course I will let you know...I've been at work all day. So much fun...

Here's the IC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109448), lets get started, eh?

wxdruid
2009-04-18, 01:27 PM
Sentinels are the Town guard type people. They're not really trained for more than the occasional town disagreement, petty theft and the like.

bue52
2009-04-19, 12:27 AM
Hey Guys, I'm back, sorry for the trouble caused, I'll find a way to insert myself into the game I guess.

wxdruid
2009-04-19, 07:19 AM
You're sitting around the table/in the Inn with the rest of the group, so no worries.

bue52
2009-04-23, 09:38 AM
Sorry, I didn't on the com for 24 hours and this happens...... is it too late to determine the marching order?

wxdruid
2009-04-23, 10:22 AM
It's not to late.

Also, you're not close enough to inspect the bodies, you see them from a distance.

Leon
2009-04-23, 10:07 PM
Yeah i had been thinking we were closer than we were.

wxdruid
2009-04-26, 07:03 AM
No, you cannot edit in new rolls or change the existing rolls. You can edit around (meaning the other text in the post) the already completed rolls.

SilentNight
2009-04-27, 09:01 AM
Sorry, forgot to mention I'd be out of town for the weekend.

Leon
2009-05-05, 12:59 AM
Ive decided that when i say anything in Dwarf I'll use German for it

What was said - May Mouqol guide this blow

SilentNight
2009-05-21, 06:15 PM
Initiative:[roll0]. Also, I'll regrettably be out of town again this weekend.

Leon
2009-05-22, 01:21 AM
i was hoping on a higher init, but the hammer throw is a attention seeking attack to draw the zombie (hopefully) away from attacking Gaius

Lex-Kat
2009-05-22, 01:36 AM
That's fine. I just wanted to help protect Gaius, and be in position for the clattering sound coming from around the corner.

Fra Lippo
2009-05-22, 07:35 AM
Hi, I didn't realise you were all still posting here. How's it going so far GM?

wxdruid
2009-05-22, 07:43 AM
This is the place for OOC comments. Sometimes people post here, sometimes they don't...

I am fine and I'm at work.

Fra Lippo
2009-05-29, 04:29 AM
Roll for number of undead affected:
[roll0] +3 = 13

wxdruid
2009-06-01, 05:24 PM
I will be out in the field for a training exercise from 2 June @ 0500L to 3 June @1800L. I will not have internet, or any electronics and I'll be unable to post. On the 4th I work a 12 hr shift, then I finally have a day off. So, have fun, I'll be back soon. :smalltongue:

Leon
2009-06-02, 03:02 AM
mucked up the roll for search so i'll add it here

Search [roll0]

bue52
2009-06-12, 07:54 PM
Should we decide here who should go? I hope this is not all a trap....

Lex-Kat
2009-06-12, 08:28 PM
Here would be a good place to disguss it.

I would hope that half the team isn't planing on exploring further, I think this is just a roleplaying moment. Let Gaius say his prayers for the dead in peace, with a couple of body guards, then the three of them will join the rest of us back in town.

Leon
2009-06-12, 10:01 PM
I'll stay with Gaius

bue52
2009-06-16, 09:52 AM
Sorry guys, I'll be gone for the week,, please do continue the game without me, though I'll be back.

SilentNight
2009-06-16, 10:39 AM
I'd like to throw out too that I'll be gone from the 21st to the 28th as well as the 4th to the 14th of July. Just NPC Lazarus if you could, although admittedly that's fairly easy, just have him oblivious to the situation and he;ll never have to talk.

Fra Lippo
2009-06-19, 03:14 PM
Hi. Lex-kat, I just saw your post after I made my own post. If you guys think this is going to spoil the adventure, or its just really stupid, I'll change my next actions. I was just though that this was what my character would naturally do, considering that he's meant to be a bit of an a**hole.

Lex-Kat
2009-06-19, 06:25 PM
I think most would at least wait for the party to be reformed before marching off into the unknown darkness.

No matter how much of an bastard he is, I would hope that he knows that this necromancer is likely quite powerful.

Being that the party is all relative newbies (Lev. 2), Hopefully someone can convince him to at least wiat for everyone. And that maybe 50 gp isn't enough to fight something that may well kill you and your friends. This is a mercenary group, after-all. :smallsmile:

But I would rather wait and see how the others roleplay it out with you, then tell you to edit your post.

Fra Lippo
2009-06-20, 06:37 AM
This is all fictional of course, but I think if he understood how powerful the stuff he was facing was then he wouldn't be adventuring - more like crying in his bed at his own relative weakness.:smallbiggrin: Anyway since I think everyone agrees that going ahead is a bad idea, when everyone's finished posting I'll just have him run away.

bue52
2009-06-20, 11:53 PM
Hey Guys, I'm back, I'll start posting a little later.:smallwink:

wxdruid
2009-07-01, 04:24 PM
Anyone else have something to say? If not, then tomorrow I'll post the overnight into morning time.

Leon
2009-07-01, 08:50 PM
nothing from me

bue52
2009-07-01, 08:54 PM
I second the above statement.:smallcool:

Fra Lippo
2009-07-03, 05:24 AM
Just so you all know I've requested a username change to 'Fra Lippo', which hopefully will be retrospective.

bue52
2009-07-07, 06:36 AM
Hey wxdruid, do you want me to pm my prepared spells for today?

wxdruid
2009-07-07, 08:44 AM
Or you can list them here. Either way.

wxdruid
2009-07-10, 11:24 AM
And...waiting for you guys to post. Any more questions? Or you heading back out to the graveyard?

Fra Lippo
2009-07-10, 03:10 PM
I'm just waiting for Lex-kat and the gang, since my character was prepared ahead of the rest.

wxdruid
2009-07-13, 11:43 AM
Waiting for people to post and leave back to the cemetery before we can get moving again... :smalltongue:

bue52
2009-07-22, 09:24 PM
Do the rest of us need to roll initiative?

wxdruid
2009-07-22, 10:31 PM
Yes, everyone roll init.

Gaius needs to roll two saves.

Fra Lippo
2009-07-23, 06:23 PM
Sorry, forgot about that. I'll post my second save here instead of going triple in the main thread:

[roll0]

wxdruid
2009-07-27, 03:27 PM
I'll try to do a battle update tomorrow after I wake up.

Leon
2009-07-27, 08:42 PM
Initiative for Joh
[roll0]

wxdruid
2009-07-29, 10:38 AM
Most of the time I allow players to use the original rolls (unless they're terrible...) and yours were pretty good.

So yes, the answer to your question is yes, use your original rolls.

Leon
2009-07-29, 10:44 AM
Unlike my 1 for Init

wxdruid
2009-07-29, 10:45 AM
That just means you're almost last in the turn, :smalltongue:

wxdruid
2009-08-05, 12:07 PM
I have tomorrow off and can concentrate better on an update, so...update coming tomorrow. :smallsmile:

Leon
2009-08-06, 12:15 AM
im pretty much not got any action until things come out of the room or this encounter ends

Fra Lippo
2009-08-06, 06:28 AM
wxdruid, I've alread told you about my holiday, but just to let you know I'm leaving on Sunday, and I'll be gone for the rest of the month.

Leon
2009-08-13, 11:55 AM
Grumbles some words that are best left untranslated - suffice to say they are to do with priests, uselessness and letting undisturbed tombs lie

wxdruid
2009-08-23, 10:12 PM
Well, between forgetfulness and GenCon I just realized I never did xp for the last encounter. :smallyuk: I will get on that as I wait for you all to post.

wxdruid
2009-08-25, 12:49 PM
Well, moving onwards? Or you gonna stay at the Inn for 5 nights (as you seem intent on doing by not posting)? :smallconfused: If so, get posting?

bue52
2009-09-01, 08:37 PM
Spellcraft check:[roll0]

wxdruid
2009-09-01, 08:40 PM
The school for the spell on the door is Illusion, with a fainter aura of Abjuration.

Fra Lippo
2009-09-05, 08:15 PM
Hi all,
Just looked at the thread. Should I wait for five nights in-game time to post, or should I just assume that Gaius makes a miraculous recovery and dives back in?

wxdruid
2009-09-05, 08:16 PM
eh...he can start making his way back after a good breakfast. I'm not to overly worried about time differences.

wxdruid
2009-09-07, 07:41 PM
So...posts? Or should I have the door creak open at a random moment? :smallamused:

SilentNight
2009-09-08, 08:34 AM
Regettably, Lazarus isn't the puzzle-solving type. I can have him take a stab at it if no one else wants to though.

bue52
2009-09-08, 09:33 AM
Maybe a little hint would be nice :smallredface:

wxdruid
2009-09-08, 05:14 PM
Don't be afraid to ask and certainly don't worry about :smallredface:

I don't bite, Arha might (my avi), but I don't.

Things I think I've told you about the door, or other interesting facts.

It's a stone door, it's locked, it has that interesting design on it.

- The interesting design can immediately be seen by any good aligned person. I rolled the will save for the others and everyone passed. That's where the illusion school comes from. The image has an illusion spell on it.

- The Abjuration school comes from a second spell on the door. There is a knob and there are spells to lock a door with. One problem I know of is that you don't have access to dispel magic or knock, but it is possible to break into the room beyond the door.

- The design on the door seems to have no meaning outside of the room, but, you will need it inside the room.

So, any questions?

-------------------

Leon, I still cannot access your character sheet, did you change the public settings or anything like that?

SilentNight
2009-09-08, 07:35 PM
Well, as far as I can tell, the little symbols correspond to the beholder's eye-rays, the right two of which will get us through as detailed in the writing at the bottom. Problem is I'm buggered if I know which ones and Lazarus doesn't know squat about beholders.

Celtic8824
2009-09-10, 02:33 PM
Well guys, I'm back... (after horrible horrible computer troubles. I've talked to wx, he knows the deal)

He said I can rejoin, if ya'll will have me. It seems I have to reroll Caelian, since Mythweavers got rid of my sheet for some reason.

What do you guys say? Let's kick this pig?

Fra Lippo
2009-09-11, 10:46 AM
Well guys, I'm back... (after horrible horrible computer troubles. I've talked to wx, he knows the deal)

He said I can rejoin, if ya'll will have me. It seems I have to reroll Caelian, since Mythweavers got rid of my sheet for some reason.

What do you guys say? Let's kick this pig?

Yeah, kick the pig! kick the pig! which pig? Glad that you're back, I assumed you just got bored or something.
I know I said I'd post a few days ago, sorry about that.
My character's a pansy though, so no help with breaking down the door.

bue52
2009-09-11, 10:49 AM
Yeah, kick the pig! kick the pig! which pig? Glad that you're back, I assumed you just got bored or something.
I know I said I'd post a few days ago, sorry about that.
My character's a pansy though, so no help with breaking down the door.

I have to agree with Lippo, my own character is a spellcaster, no muscle at all:smallannoyed:

wxdruid
2009-09-11, 11:18 AM
Doesn't stop you from suddenly rolling a 20 on the dice... :smalltongue:

wxdruid
2009-09-13, 04:12 PM
Well Celtic8824, it doesn't seem as if anyone has any protest to you rejoining, so go ahead and relink me with your character and help them with the stubborn door.

Celtic8824
2009-09-14, 07:23 AM
I have to rebuild Caelian, and just got hit with a lot due on Wednesday, so I'll have it up sometime very soon on that. (College FTL).

But I'm looking forward to playing.

(I'm thinking of making Caelian a ranger/druid) :-)

Celtic8824
2009-09-14, 08:47 AM
Okay, I was going to go in a different direction with the mechanics of Caelian to prevent me from becoming bored with him. I like the idea of a Ranger/Druid, and was wondering if Mielikki would be a valid deity for the campaign?

(Basically, Druids of Mielikki that multiclass into Ranger are able to use any weapon or armor that a ranger could use without defying their oaths.)

Would this be okay? I really like the idea, as it interests me a lot. Anybody have a problem with this idea???

Celtic8824
2009-09-14, 09:01 AM
Sorry to Triple post, but what were the mechanics for the characters?

Wealth, stats, HP, and the such???

Sorry. :smallfrown:

wxdruid
2009-09-14, 01:44 PM
Here is the original Recruiting thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108593). You were originally a Ranger. I would prefer you stay close to your original character concept. If you want to cross into being a druid on your next level, that would be fine.

Celtic8824
2009-09-14, 02:26 PM
Okay sounds good.

It's best to stay away from druid levels anyway since we have a possible necromancer and paladin of Wee Jas. I'm not sure how that would play out. I'll stick with Ranger and maybe take some levels in Plant/Animal Cleric :-)

Celtic8824
2009-09-14, 04:54 PM
Okay, I really wanna stay away from two weapon fighting, so how does this sound?

Ranger 2(With some levels in cleric later)

Archery style
more of a tracker than a scout
Good wisdom, decent dex, str, and con.

I figure I can make good use of Zen Wisdom, and this doesn't stray far at all from the original character concept.

Sound good???

wxdruid
2009-09-14, 06:35 PM
Sure, I'll be waiting to see what happens.

Celtic8824
2009-09-14, 10:04 PM
rolling for HP

[roll0]

Celtic8824
2009-09-14, 10:38 PM
Alrighty, new sheet is up!!!

some stuff needs filled in. I should be good, but if anyone sees any problems, let me know!

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=153794

(You can unstrike my name on page 1 now!)

(And for future reference, how do you set the link to a different set of text? Such as, the same link location, but the text says "Caelian Thunderhawke"?)

Lex-Kat
2009-09-15, 12:53 AM
Yay!! Glad to see you back.

And evidently, I accidently removed this thread from my subscriptions. :smallfrown:

Bit I certainly wouldn't have objected to anyone wishing to rejoin. Welcome back.

wxdruid
2009-09-15, 03:06 PM
Okay, looks reasonable. Thanks.

wxdruid
2009-09-25, 10:01 PM
And.....anyone going to respond to Arianna? Or is she going to solve this by herself? hm? :smalltongue: :smallamused:

bue52
2009-09-26, 09:19 AM
Erm how many other rooms are there?

wxdruid
2009-09-26, 10:26 AM
There are 4 total. 3 rooms around a central one.

bue52
2009-09-26, 09:07 PM
I've added the coordinates into my original post.

wxdruid
2009-09-27, 11:12 AM
Updated my last post accordingly.

sum1won
2009-09-29, 10:54 AM
Checking back in. I'm at a field study program in the caribbean, and we've only just now gotten web access back up.

wxdruid
2009-09-29, 10:57 AM
Oh my...hope you're enjoying the weather? :smallbiggrin:

wxdruid
2009-10-11, 06:25 PM
So...anyone going down? Or are you all going to stand around staring at the hole in the ground? :smalltongue: :smallamused:

Leon
2009-11-05, 11:47 PM
I had a look at my sheet and it should work now

wxdruid
2009-11-06, 01:02 AM
Thank you and yes, I can see it again.

wxdruid
2009-11-10, 01:10 AM
Hm, the three players at the bottom of the post haven't responded nor been online for a while...

Caelian will be DM controlled and come the rest of the way down the stairs to help on my next post and probably die (instead of one of you) and all three will be gone.

Caelian
Durin
Gaius

Since we lost the cleric, those who want to, now have potions of cure light wounds.

I will put out a recruiting post for more players, any objections?

Leon
2009-11-10, 02:12 AM
Np
how many potions?
just so i can make a note of it on my sheet (i think i had one from startup)

wxdruid
2009-11-10, 06:24 PM
I'll give 4 cure light wounds potions to each person still playing.

SilentNight
2009-11-11, 12:01 PM
Sounds good, no objection at all to new people.

Lex-Kat
2009-11-11, 03:45 PM
I like new people too. They always have that new person smell. :smallsmile:

Leon
2009-11-12, 09:32 AM
Well dang. a nat 20 on a Zombie...

bue52
2009-11-14, 10:27 AM
Sorry, I've been a little busy. One question though, do we pause the battle and wait for new applicants or do we continue with the battle first?

wxdruid
2009-11-14, 10:32 AM
You continue on with the battle. They won't be joining us in time for that.

wxdruid
2009-11-15, 01:21 AM
I will update either Sun or Mon, as I'm currently in Chicago and at the meetup... So, please be patient and I will get a combat post up one of those days.

Leon
2009-11-17, 02:06 AM
Here (hopefully) is the damage Roll from my latest attack, not sure why the second post in IC didn't work


Damage Roll - [roll0]

Parlity
2009-11-21, 06:30 PM
Choosing dark green for Bree Anfarr (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=153683), human cleric.

Jesse Drake
2009-11-21, 07:30 PM
I'll choose red for Daz Nad Ona (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=166019), the feytouched ninja.
(Note, he's ninja by class and clan, but his actual training is done by studying ancient scrolls, so he doesn't know all of the actual ninja customs).

bue52
2009-11-21, 07:33 PM
I'm going to be MIA for awhile, as I'm going on a school trip to UK from the 22-30 of November. I have no idea whether or not I'll be able to go online, but if I do I'll just interact a wee bit.

neoseph7
2009-11-21, 07:44 PM
I think i will pick... Crimson for Ivyn Lastlescoan (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=165983), Gnome Warlock.

wxdruid
2009-11-21, 08:12 PM
bue52, Thank you for letting me know.

Parlity - please put your + amount for your damage with your weapons.

neoseph7 - There shouldn't be a +1 on the damage for your Eldritch blast?

As for joining up...

Ivyn will be in the next area. There is a bridge and a small room. The small room has burial niches built into one side. He can blast out of one of those. I will send you a PM.

Daz and Bree can hear about the graveyard problems from Ian and follow the group down into the bowels of the mausoleum. Feel free to post your entrance... The group has just gotten done killing a zombie ogre and one of their own group has just died.

Questions?

Leon
2009-11-21, 09:51 PM
Hello new people.

Wxdruid,
that last encounter just bumped me over 3k xp.
How do you want us to handle leveling up?

I was planing to take Ancestral Relic (pg 39 BoED) as my 3rd level feat, it ties in with the background i wrote and meets the other requirements

neoseph7
2009-11-21, 09:53 PM
Listen Check for Ivyn:

[roll0]

wxdruid
2009-11-21, 11:49 PM
I'll check the book tomorrow. For those who leveled in the last fight. Roll for your hitpoints. If a 1, then reroll. For those still at 2nd level, you should make it on the next fight or two...

Leon
2009-11-22, 01:07 AM
HP Roll

[roll0]

Lex-Kat
2009-11-22, 02:46 PM
HP Roll. Taking the first number that is NOT a 1. :smallsmile:

Hopefully it's not a 2. :smalltongue:

[roll0]

Yay!! a 10. And I choose Cleave as my new Feat. :smallsmile:

wxdruid
2009-11-22, 06:35 PM
For Leon, Ancestral Relic is fine.

Leon
2009-11-22, 09:38 PM
Thankyou.


The Translation once again

Rest now Caelian, may Mouqol give you fair trade in the beyond

SilentNight
2009-11-24, 06:52 PM
Speaking of translations, for you new people, Lazarus basically follows the traditional Rastafari philosophy and speaks accordingly, here's a link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rastafarian_vocabulary) for reference.

Jesse Drake
2009-11-24, 07:39 PM
[roll0] Spot Check, praying for mercy.

Edit- And Mercy, thine name be 20.

SilentNight
2009-12-09, 12:21 AM
Forgot the initiative.

[roll0]

bue52
2009-12-09, 03:40 AM
Hey all, I'm back, sorry for not notifying the extra week of MIA, had quite a bit to do. So, is it alright if I rejoin the group? If so, where do I start?

Lex-Kat
2009-12-09, 03:59 AM
I have no problem with it.

bue52
2009-12-11, 10:29 AM
Rolling INitiative
[roll0]

wxdruid
2009-12-11, 10:35 AM
You would still be in the Bridge room with Ivyn.

bue52
2009-12-12, 01:26 AM
Okay, but there isn't space for me to enter the next room right?

wxdruid
2009-12-12, 01:32 AM
Well, in D&D you can move through a friendly's space... But, it's up to you. The creature is right next to the doorway.

wxdruid
2009-12-14, 06:32 PM
Went ahead and posted since no one else seemed to want to post...

neoseph7
2009-12-14, 08:39 PM
Sorry. If I see my name as the last poster I tend to forget to check.:smalleek:

Leon
2009-12-23, 09:22 AM
Back from the Festive Break

Lex-Kat
2009-12-26, 01:12 PM
Ah yes, Detect Evil. Kinda forgot I could do that. :smallbiggrin:

But then, Arianna isn't a Black/White kind of Paladin. She does worship a Death Goddess after-all.

Parlity
2009-12-26, 06:00 PM
It shouldn't have died, Bree was doing nonlethal damage.

wxdruid
2009-12-27, 08:25 PM
Sorry, but nothing really exciting to find in this room. Anyone up for climbing up? and finding out what is up there?

Jesse Drake
2009-12-29, 09:55 AM
Spot [roll0] and listen [roll1].

Lex-Kat
2009-12-30, 01:21 AM
It looks like Joh and Bree are left at the bottom. I wasn't expecting everyone to go up though. :smalltongue:

I think Joh is just waiting to be the last one up though.

wxdruid
2010-01-02, 07:47 PM
So...do you go up and out of the shaft? Or back down underground?

SilentNight
2010-01-02, 08:45 PM
I was under the impression Daz did and didn't find anything.

wxdruid
2010-01-02, 08:46 PM
He didn't see or hear anythign out of the ordinary, but the shaft does open up to the outside. It doesn't end in a dead end. Sorry if there was confusion on that.

Lex-Kat
2010-01-02, 08:47 PM
I think he just popped his head out, but he didn't roll a search or spot check, so I don't think he has even really looked yet.

wxdruid
2010-01-02, 08:50 PM
er...he already did spot and listen. They are earlier in this thread.

neoseph7
2010-01-03, 12:39 PM
Did we just climb 18 stories? Are we exhausted as a result? Assuming we take ten on the climb check and move at half our speed for a full round, it takes Ivyn 18 rounds to hustle up there. I don't know abouit everyone else, but my arms would feel like jello after attempting such a feat, atleast for ten minutes. And did we climb 180ft up in an underground crypt? I think I may be a bit confused as to our setting. Further, what do we find up their (here's hoping to muscle relaxants!)

wxdruid
2010-01-04, 12:02 AM
Yes, you did climb that far up a ladder, the book didn't require a climb check and yes the shaft leads out into the upper world (with trees/bushes/living things)

Daz didn't hear/see anything out of place, so probably you want to go up and out?

In any case, there isn't anywhere else for you to go in the underground part at this point.

Lex-Kat
2010-01-04, 12:37 AM
If it was that far of a climb, then I suggest we all go up top to at least rest, before going back down.

Leon
2010-01-10, 07:26 AM
Survival Check - i missed the out-going / in the IC post and thus it didn't work.

[roll0]

HA

wxdruid
2010-01-13, 08:07 PM
I will write up the battle post tomorrow night. :smalltongue:

SilentNight
2010-01-16, 11:53 AM
Jump check*:[roll0]

wxdruid
2010-01-18, 09:20 PM
Hm, forgot you had posted your jump check and rolled on for you and it was better, so you're in luck. :smalltongue:

Sent out XP to everyone. Some made it up to 3rd level and some need to check the level and xp amt on their sheets...

HP - if you roll a 1, reroll it.

Parlity
2010-01-19, 04:36 PM
Bree got to level 3. [roll0]

bue52
2010-01-20, 08:48 AM
Sorry for the inactivity, had a really busy week :smallsigh: Its been really hetic for me.

So Faux has leveled up, and its time for an HP roll
[roll0]

bue52
2010-01-20, 08:49 AM
Rerolling

[roll0]

Jesse Drake
2010-01-20, 09:20 PM
[roll0] Rolling for h.p. (Sorry- I just added my xp)

wxdruid
2010-01-24, 12:41 PM
To fill in the holes would take a lot of time, there are several of them that are at least 1-3 feet deep. You would need a digging implement.

Leon
2010-01-24, 09:04 PM
1-3 feet isnt a worry, just thinking about the potential to fall into a rather deep hole and etc.

Jesse Drake
2010-02-01, 12:51 PM
My computer has been down, and I'm only on for a short while. Thank you for your understanding.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm currently having computer trouble, so if you need to take me out of the game, I understand. Also, sorry I couldn't post sooner.

Lex-Kat
2010-02-01, 12:58 PM
Thanks for letting us know. Good luck getting your computer fixed. :smallsmile:

wxdruid
2010-02-01, 12:59 PM
Do you know how long you'll have problems?

If you inform me how long, then we can work you back in when you get more reliable internet. It's up to you.

Jesse Drake
2010-02-01, 01:02 PM
Well, now, it SHOULD only be about a week or so. But that may be wishful thinking, however. Right now, it'd cost more to fix my computer than to get a new one, and I've got some decisions to make.

wxdruid
2010-02-01, 01:04 PM
Keep us in the loop when you can, it isn't hard to re-add people when I know they're having a problem and still want to be in the game.

Jesse Drake
2010-02-01, 10:56 PM
You're in the loop- and I'm back. Not much point to my announcing my absence on the day I'd return...

Leon
2010-02-02, 12:18 AM
Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Jesse Drake
2010-02-06, 05:24 PM
[roll0], remember, vs. Flat footed ac, of foe K- that's a potential crit.

Okay, just noting that the increase in attack is cause I didn't raise my bab when I leveled up. That first attack should have been at + 7 too.

wxdruid
2010-02-16, 02:51 PM
Yes, they are goblinoid, only one is undead. Does anyone else want to post before the next update?

Leon
2010-02-17, 09:10 PM
I seem to have missed a action - oh well.

which is the live one?

Jesse Drake
2010-02-25, 03:57 PM
Whoo! I got a hit in, and it's a potential crit. I think this is the undead one though, but just in case, I'm rolling that extra die. [roll0]

SilentNight
2010-02-25, 11:17 PM
Whoops, put the damage in wrong.

Should be:[roll0]

Jesse Drake
2010-02-28, 10:33 PM
Potential Crit for possible 2 damage- [roll0] vs flat footed ac. Love that rapier.

Nevermind that- wrong ninja :smallredface: This guy's using a shortsword.

wxdruid
2010-03-05, 08:11 PM
Sending out xp, you will get bonuses for writing good posts and for killing off the enemy. :smalltongue:

neoseph7
2010-03-17, 07:20 PM
Let's try that Listen Check again.
[roll0]

Leon
2010-03-19, 06:51 AM
What ever it was i didn't see it

Lex-Kat
2010-03-19, 06:45 PM
I'm picturing Daz, during his watch noticing the unlocked chest and remembering he was supposed to open it.

With a shrug, he walks open, easily picks the lock, opens it, then continues on, not even looking inside.

And now we wait for Faux, Bree, Ivyn, or Joh to notice and take what's inside.

wxdruid
2010-03-19, 06:46 PM
If they even want what's inside... :smalltongue:

neoseph7
2010-03-19, 08:26 PM
Can Ivyn kill rats for XP? :smallbiggrin: Or should I go "defeat" a PC? J/k! J/k. Ivyn is interested in potions... assuming the party can identify them.

Jesse Drake
2010-03-20, 07:23 AM
I'm picturing Daz, during his watch noticing the unlocked chest and remembering he was supposed to open it.

With a shrug, he walks open, easily picks the lock, opens it, then continues on, not even looking inside.

Yeah, that's pretty accurate. :smallbiggrin:


Can Ivyn kill rats for XP? :smallbiggrin: Or should I go "defeat" a PC? J/k! J/k. Ivyn is interested in potions... assuming the party can identify them.

You'd have to seek out some pretty big rats to get XP- and if you were to die killing rats... well, you saw my listen/spot. It might go unnoticed.

Parlity
2010-03-21, 02:47 PM
Bree's spellcraft is not high enough to identify potions.

neoseph7
2010-03-21, 03:00 PM
Unless the potions can be bluffed into telling the party what they are, Ivyn can't really help. He does, however, have Detect Magic. So I guess he can tell the party what school of magic they belong to. If any are conjuration and smell like the potions of healing he already has, Ivyn will deduce that they are potions of healing. Bonus to the check for Gnomes having good noses? :smallwink:

wxdruid
2010-03-21, 03:38 PM
Yes, they are conjuration based and when Ivyn sniffs them he can tell they smell the same as his healing potions. Bree is more likely to recognize the mark on the cap indicating that they are healing potions.

neoseph7
2010-03-21, 04:39 PM
Bamhacon? Does this mean that it has been kicked up a notch?:smallbiggrin:

wxdruid
2010-03-21, 05:56 PM
For those that have been to Trog's Tavern, it's on the menu. :smalltongue: A few of my Town characters enjoy eating it.

Lex-Kat
2010-03-21, 06:06 PM
Cure.... Light, Moderate, Serious, Critical Wounds?

wxdruid
2010-03-21, 06:07 PM
2 cure light, 1 cure moderate wounds.

SilentNight
2010-03-21, 11:05 PM
I nominate Lazarus for at least one of the potions, he seems to be the squishiest of the group so far.

Lex-Kat
2010-03-22, 02:23 AM
I could be wrong, but wasn't only one of the creatures undead? Z, I believe, was the only one ever effected, and constantly called mindless.

I think the Bamhacon was meant for the other two to eat.

And Arianna will give Lazarus the CMW potion. :smallsmile: He is rather squishy.

Leon
2010-03-22, 06:36 AM
if you say its ok, then it should be ok - not like your going to lie being a pally and all :smalltongue:

neoseph7
2010-04-19, 09:37 PM
Ding. Rolling for HP:

[roll0]

Parlity
2010-04-22, 10:51 PM
Taking 10 or [roll0]

wxdruid
2010-04-26, 06:00 PM
Anyone want to make any comments on Lex-kat's post or try something? :smalltongue:

neoseph7
2010-04-27, 11:52 AM
Sorry. Compy problems. It wouldn't even boot in safe mode.:smalleek:

wxdruid
2010-04-27, 07:12 PM
Eeek, hope you get it figured out soon.

neoseph7
2010-04-27, 09:37 PM
Eeek, hope you get it figured out soon.

Frak that. I formatted the living daylights out of my computer and reinstalled the OS. It's fixed now! No more baby computers running around.

wxdruid
2010-04-28, 05:45 AM
There were baby computers running around?

Hopefully formatting it to death worked and you fixed the problem.

neoseph7
2010-04-28, 09:28 AM
I fixed my computer. No baby computers. :smallbiggrin:

It's an old joke, I know. I got it from a crazy cat lady. At the least all of my character stuff for this campaign is online, so I can access this game from any computer connected to the internet. Just not the non-core source material (crystal keep has... a lot of errors I've noticed.)

wxdruid
2010-05-01, 06:27 PM
A reminder: If no one posts then the game won't move forward... :smalltongue: I can't post until people actually do something.

wxdruid
2010-05-09, 06:27 PM
And another reminder... If no one posts, the game will never go anywhere and we all might as well move on to something else... There is a total of 23 encounters in the book. You just finished with number 11.

SilentNight
2010-05-13, 07:35 PM
Before I post, what exactly would be the DC on the jump check for a 15ft. drop?

Jesse Drake
2010-05-14, 06:48 AM
[roll0] My Initiative.

wxdruid
2010-05-14, 10:58 PM
The PHB lists the check as DC 15 to jump down from any height. If you succeed on the check, you take falling damage as if you had dropped 10 fewer feet than you actually did. The DMG has 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet fallen. So I would divide it into 1d3 for each 5 feet segment, so if you succeed on your jump check it would only be 1d3 damage, instead of 1d9 if you fail. ((Does that make sense?))

bue52
2010-05-15, 08:44 PM
Hey druid, do you think I can see the hobogoblin clearly from where I am now? I'm thinking of shooting a bolt before moving down the stairs.

wxdruid
2010-05-15, 08:51 PM
At least the top half of him, but you're also to likely hit a skeleton instead.

Lex-Kat
2010-05-19, 08:19 PM
Oooooo. Possible Crit on the Hobbo. :smalleek: :biggrin:

[roll0] Do I add the +5 modifier for a crit check? If not, just remove it after.

wxdruid
2010-05-19, 08:33 PM
A Crit check is made by rolling the d20 and adding in the same modifiers.

To find the damage roll the damage more than once, with all your usual bonuses and add them together.

Lex-Kat
2010-05-19, 08:47 PM
Oh. You don't just times the previous damage by...... 3?

[roll0]

[roll1]

Lex-Kat
2010-05-23, 01:44 AM
Messed up my attack rolls for this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8546198&postcount=944).

[roll0]

[roll1]

Jesse Drake
2010-05-25, 12:57 PM
:smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfrown:

I've been swamped lately- and I don't know how often I'll be able to post. I'll try at least once a day/every other day, but I can't make any guarantees. I'm still here, and interested. Lucky for me this game isn't lightning paced, or I'd have missed a lot.

SilentNight
2010-05-31, 04:46 PM
Sorry for the lack of action, this seems to be the one game I forgot to tell about my going away for the weekend.

wxdruid
2010-05-31, 04:53 PM
It's the long weekend and you are in another game of mine. :smalltongue:

wxdruid
2010-06-09, 03:19 PM
I will be updating this game on Friday (when I have a day off). :smallcool:

Leon
2010-06-12, 01:51 AM
Just realized both my Attacks on the Hobgob are at a extra +1 to hit (dont think its going to be a big issue but i had been forgetting the +1 Vs Orcs and Goblins that Dwarfs get as a Racial bonus)

Results are 22 for the AoO and 23 for the Maneuver

SilentNight
2010-06-15, 12:40 AM
Just a heads up, I'll be out of town for the next three days, then again from the 19th to the 3rd of July. NPC Laz as needed.

wxdruid
2010-06-15, 07:07 PM
Lazarus can grapple if he wants to... K won't be arguing with him.

wxdruid
2010-06-22, 08:59 PM
I will be in TN from 23-27 Jun, so don't expect much posting from me. I'm going to the meetup. I'll be taking my books with me of course, but I'll be quite busy.

Lex-Kat
2010-06-23, 02:38 AM
I will be away for the Trogland Meet-up (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140649) from the 24th to the 28th.

I'll be taking my Laptop, so any posting I'll do, will be at night. If any at all. :smallfrown:

wxdruid
2010-06-27, 07:16 PM
Considering the DM was there as well... :smalltongue: I don't think you'll be docked for the missed time. :smallamused:

I'm back home, ready for things to move onwards and downwards.

edit: Anyone going to search?

Parlity
2010-07-01, 01:13 PM
How far are we away from town? I got the impression that we are a short distance from town.

Is Fiery Burst, Complete Mage pg 43, allowed for Bree's level 3 feat? Will there be negative effects from fire and limited oxygen underground? Or Sun Devotion from Complete Champion pg 62, or Travel Devotion pg 63?

wxdruid
2010-07-01, 04:25 PM
Fiery Burst seems fine, it creates a 5 ft radius burst, it doesn't necessarily burn the place down.

Both of the domains seem fine.

Everyone going up?

Parlity
2010-07-02, 08:43 PM
Great. Taking Fiery Burst.

Jesse Drake
2010-07-15, 07:02 AM
Aww, no option to be cool and balance our way across?

Parlity
2010-07-15, 02:17 PM
Can we take 20?

wxdruid
2010-07-15, 07:57 PM
As long as you're not under attack you can take 20...

Lex-Kat
2010-07-20, 07:12 PM
Who fell asleep, the monster or Faux? :smallconfused:

wxdruid
2010-07-20, 07:22 PM
Faux fell asleep

bue52
2010-07-26, 01:50 AM
By the way, am I allowed a will save anytime soon?

wxdruid
2010-07-26, 04:03 PM
For? Someone has already woken you up.

bue52
2010-07-26, 06:21 PM
Sorry, a little confused, wasn't I sleeping over the ledge or something? I get to be woken up just like that without any hassles? Oops, I thought it was magical sleep.

wxdruid
2010-07-26, 11:42 PM
It was a sleep spell. But, you can be woken up by someone else.

wxdruid
2010-08-03, 04:24 PM
I will be at GenCon10 in Indianapolis from 4-8 Aug 10. I may or may not have much time to update things, but don't worry, I won't forget about the game!

Anyone else going to post crossing between the pillars? Or, shall we all fall asleep or be really really afraid? :smalltongue:

Leon
2010-08-11, 09:32 AM
Rolls for Rope
Dex Check [roll0]
Tumble [roll1]

wxdruid
2010-08-16, 04:52 PM
Waiting for the last few to post going up the ladder before I send xp PMs. Also the next area is waiting to be explored... :smallamused:

XP was PM'd to everyone and varies based on your post content and actions.

Leon
2010-08-19, 01:52 PM
Oh for my attack if i get flanking with laz it'll be a grand total of 13 to hit.. wasn't sure of the positioning for a flank at the time

SilentNight
2010-08-19, 07:47 PM
Initiative:[roll0]

Parlity
2010-08-20, 08:41 AM
initiative [roll0]

wxdruid
2010-09-07, 07:31 PM
Waiting for replies and whistling in the dark. :smalltongue:

Leon
2010-09-07, 11:02 PM
The Dark Whistler strikes again

wxdruid
2010-09-24, 08:16 PM
I've been having problems after my surgery. :smallyuk: Not very much fun, so not sure when I'll post something again to move things along. Right now I can only use one hand to type and it is slow.

Parlity
2010-09-25, 10:39 PM
Sorry for the absence.

Hope your recovery goes well.

wxdruid
2010-09-28, 01:18 PM
I'm finally feeling more normal and actually ate some regular food for lunch. Updated the game, feel free to post.

Thanks for the well wishes

Jesse Drake
2010-09-28, 01:44 PM
Sorry about my lack of posting- I should be posting more regularly soon though.

wxdruid
2010-09-28, 02:05 PM
Well, it coincided with my own lack of posting. :smalltongue:

wxdruid
2010-10-11, 02:22 PM
And now I'm still waiting for the others to post and lead the hound archon back, unless??? Is there something else you need? I looked and both of you were active today...

Leon
2010-10-12, 07:44 AM
Sorry i apparently missed the part that said wait for us to lead it back and had assumed that i'd gone back on that statement.

wxdruid
2010-12-09, 07:00 AM
I'll be posting an update tomorrow. :smallamused:

bue52
2010-12-09, 10:41 AM
Hey guys sorry for not being active, been busy this holiday. I'm not sure if I can continue posting as I'll be traveling for the next two weeks. I think its better if I drop out now. So sorry.

Leon
2010-12-09, 11:02 AM
Aid Another Roll

[roll0]

wxdruid
2010-12-19, 05:18 PM
Did you guys want to continue onwards? I seem to see a lack of posting/enthusiasm, so I was wondering what everyone's take on it was. Yes? No? Maybe? Add another person into the mix? Just asking.