PDA

View Full Version : Ashraven (creature) [EE]2

Icewalker
2009-04-15, 05:41 PM
Ashraven
Tiny Magical Beast (Fire, Extraplanar)
HD 1/2d10+1 (4)
Speed 10 ft. (2 squares); Fly 40 ft. (average)
Init: +1
AC 13; touch 13; flat-footed 12
(+2 size, +1 Dex)
BAB/Grp +1/-11
Attack Claws +4 (1d2-4)
Full-Attack Claws +4 (1d2-4)
Space 2 1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
Special Attacks Ashdive
Special Qualities Darkvision 60 ft.
Saves Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +1
Abilities Str 4, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 5
Skills Spot +5, Listen +3, Hide +3
Feats Alertness, Weapon Finesse (B)
Environment Sootfields on the Elemental Plane of Fire
Organization Solitary, Pair, Blazing Unkindness (4-16)
Challenge Rating 1/4
Treasure Normal
Alignment Neutral

This thickset gray-black raven sits quietly in the ash, hard to spot against the background, small orange eyes flicking this way and that for signs of predator or prey.

Ashdive (Ex): Three times per day an Ashraven can spiral during a dive to shake ash off into a stream behind it as it moves. As part of a charge attack, the Ashraven can activate Ashdive, giving it an additional +2 to hit on its attack and forcing the target to make a DC 11 Reflex save or be blinded for one round.

Ashravens as familiars:
Ashravens can be taken as familiar by residents of the elemental plane of fire, or by particularly enterprising arcanists. Unless one can visit the plane itself, a short ritual is required to take an Ashraven familiar, requiring 25 gp of specially treated ashes and a day of summoning to complete.

As a familiar Ashravens provide fire resistance 5.

SurlySeraph
2009-04-15, 08:01 PM
Looks simple and balanced. Nice.

Lappy9000
2009-04-15, 08:42 PM
I picture an epic-sized flock of these creatures upon the fields of ash just as the PC's step foot into the Plane of Elemental fire.

Nice work!

Edit: You seem to have left the Organization section out.

Icewalker
2009-04-15, 08:48 PM
How terribly bothersome, I was looking forward to doing that section. Did you know a group of ravens is called an unkindness?

Lappy9000
2009-04-15, 09:18 PM
How terribly bothersome, I was looking forward to doing that section. Did you know a group of ravens is called an unkindness?I do now. Apparently, the term "congress" could also work. Blazing Unkindness just sounds awesome.

Icewalker
2009-04-15, 09:24 PM
Why thank you!

I'm really looking forward to putting this project up in greater detail.