PDA

View Full Version : Checking interest in a Savage Species Gaming Guide

Jade_Tarem
2009-04-16, 01:16 AM
Hi,

Just a quick question, if I were to create a savage species guide - a fairly comprehensive one - would anyone at all be interested in reading it or would I just be wasting my time? I know there's an awful lot of guide threads out there, and I don't want to be redundant.

I'm not going to lie - I'm actually working on one right now, but I'm having a bear of a time filling out all the details on the various creatures - still, though, I have most of the general concept information down.

Fizban
2009-04-16, 01:26 AM
Hi,

Just a quick question, if I were to create a savage species guide - a fairly comprehensive one - would anyone at all be interested in reading it or would I just be wasting my time? I know there's an awful lot of guide threads out there, and I don't want to be redundant.

I'm not going to lie - I'm actually working on one right now, but I'm having a bear of a time filling out all the details on the various creatures - still, though, I have most of the general concept information down.

I'd read it. I'd be particularly looking forward to discussion of the Wish method of becoming another creature.

Salt_Crow
2009-04-16, 01:35 AM
I'd be very interested!

Ponce
2009-04-16, 01:38 AM
What would you write about, exactly? Would it be an optimization guide? Or some kind of guide on how to implement SS in a more balanced way?

BobVosh
2009-04-16, 01:50 AM
What would you write about, exactly? Would it be an optimization guide? Or some kind of guide on how to implement SS in a more balanced way?

++

I would read it, as would most people, no matter which way you went with it. However due to the templates it will be very hard to do a charop guide on this book.

Ernir
2009-04-16, 04:21 AM
I would read it. :smallsmile:

Pie Guy
2009-04-16, 06:54 AM
Sounds interesting.

Thurbane
2009-04-16, 07:16 AM
Mark me down as definitely interested.

FinalJustice
2009-04-16, 07:28 AM
but I'm having a bear of a time filling out all the details on the various creatures

I see what you did there.

On topic now: Sure thing. From a theoretical standpoint, SS is as valid as any book. From a practical one, not so much, I would only touch it with a 10 ft pole (read: DM absolute knowledge and consent). If you are enjoying yourself producing the guide, keep up the good work. =)

Jade_Tarem
2009-04-16, 11:21 AM

A guide for clearing up some misconceptions. Also about balanced implementation, cooperation between the DM and the player on a couple of things (*gasp*) and a few personal thoughts on some of the creatures and strategies most commonly used. A few tips on savage roleplaying and the integration of monsters into a campaign world.

Honestly, I think I'll put up what I have now (Everything but the creature index... thing) and update the creatures as people give input.

Thanks to everyone for the quick responses.

Starbuck_II
2009-04-16, 11:47 AM
Are you going to discuss/point out that it is 3.0 (you can tell as many monsters have 3.0 abilities not seen in 3.5)

Maybe point out what to change if updating to 3.5?

But either way I wouldn't mind as guide.

Jade_Tarem
2009-04-16, 04:45 PM
Yes, I do point out that it's 3.0. It's usually fairly simple to update it to 3.5 if you have a Monster Manual 3.5 sitting next to it.

Also, it's going up now...

Kobold_Love
2009-04-16, 04:47 PM
I'd read it. I'd be particularly looking forward to discussion of the Wish method of becoming another creature.

Same, though I would prefer the ritual method.