PDA

View Full Version : Solhawk [EE]4

Icewalker
2009-04-16, 12:12 PM
I've decided I'll just be starting with Air and Fire, Water and Earth are such complex and unusual mediums in comparison, and are a good bit harder to consider when designing such a network as this, so I'll do them after these two. Also, makes for better pacing than trying all four at once.

[hr]
Solhawk
Small Magical Beast
HD 1d10+2 (7)
Speed Fly (average) 60 ft. (12 squares)
Init: +5
AC 13; touch 12; flat-footed 12
(+1 size, +1 Dex, +1 natural)
BAB +1/-2
Attack Talons +3 melee (1d4+1)
Full-Attack 2 Talons +3 melee (1d4+1) and bite -2 melee (1d6+1)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Flare
Special Qualities
Saves Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +0
Abilities Str 12, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 1, Wis 11, Cha 12
Skills Listen +2, Spot +14
Feats Alertness, Improved Initiative (B)
Environment Sunplains on the Elemental Plane of Air
Organization Solitary or pair
Challenge Rating 1
Alignment Neutral
Advancement -

A streak of gold soars through the open sky. At first glance it seems to be a broad eagle, except that its feathers gleam gold in the sunlight. As the bird banks into a turn, sunlight off its feathers concentrate into a sharp point before it levels off into a glide again.

Solhawks are the top of the food chain of the elemental plane of air in the sunplains. With their strength and size, there is little that can face them as a predator, and they make up for their lack of speed and grace with the flashing golden feathers they use to blind their prey before striking.

Flare (Ex): Solhawks can angle their wings so the sun flashes off their golden feathers and into the eyes of their prey. At will as a full-round action a solhawk can flare a target, which is blinded for 1d4+1 rounds unless they succeed on a DC 12 Reflex save (Charisma based).

Skills: Solhawks have a racial +8 bonus on spot checks.

sigurd
2009-04-16, 03:06 PM
EE - Hopeful

Forebane's Beast - Elemental Vampire

Emile Forebane, Alchemist Extraordinaire, demonstrated that exotic Planar energies could be detected for on the prime material plane. His most interesting discovery was a class of creature that once removed from its home plane could seek out planar visitors and feed on the energy they carried.

Appearing as a dark shade or shadow, often lurking near summoning circles or portals, these creatures typically pose no threat to humans but are deadly to planar travelers.

Emile documented a corrupted Djinni spirit so removed from its realm that it preyed on elemental energy of all sorts to sustain itself. He suggested that the nature of the feeding provided sustenance but caused mutation and was itself a form of corruption. "Desperation and insanity are coupled with brief instances of great power, after feeding."

It is rumored that Emile was able to trap this spirit in a well. He fed it conjured creatures while learning great secrets of magic. Emile is thought to have expired in a huge terrible fire.

Q: Do you want a chat thread or contribution thread?

Sigurd

Icewalker
2009-04-16, 07:54 PM
I intend to start one, both, or a combination of the two at some point, but so far the project hasn't even really started. I'll put it/them up once I am actually writing the real EN entries for each creature.