PDA

View Full Version : If you thought epic V was bad...

pantoffelheld
2009-04-17, 03:22 AM
...you're gonna cry as soon as V releases hir most powerful minion: Blackwing!
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I would not want to face an angry, epic level, probably psychotic (from being ignored too much) raven who is out for revenge on all humanoid for making him suffer when he was weaker.
Now I don't know the exact rules for epic levels on familairs but seeing how strong V has become, I can imagine Blackwing being a hell of a lot stronger too. So what will the crazy bird do now that he has achieved ultimate power via his master? Kill a town centre for fun? Pick out Belkars eyeballs en leave him for dead? Hunt down and destroy every member of the bandit gang that turned him into a pinata? Discuss!

Tempest Fennac
2009-04-17, 04:37 AM
I can see Nightwing's revenge being centered solely around making V suffer like G did (attacking other people would just be an unnecessary risk which wouldn't make sense due to other people not having anything to do with V's actions). I'm curious about whether he still classes as V's familiar due to how long it's been since he left him/her.

Volkov
2009-04-17, 08:47 AM
I can see Nightwing's revenge being centered solely around making V suffer like G did (attacking other people would just be an unnecessary risk which wouldn't make sense due to other people not having anything to do with V's actions). I'm curious about whether he still classes as V's familiar due to how long it's been since he left him/her.

It was many pages in between black wing's first appearance and his second one, and even more between his appearance at the bandit camp and his final appearance.

Laughing Dragon
2009-04-17, 08:51 AM
The only reason that I can see V summoning hir familier right now is to possess it and thereby force it to do something that otherwise it would have no inclination to do.

Code Black
2009-04-17, 09:54 AM

(High Pitched Voice): Suffer Like G Did?

silvadel
2009-04-17, 11:24 AM
Isn't it a former familiar?

derfenrirwolv
2009-04-17, 12:36 PM
Isn't it a former familiar?

We don't know.

It fled the battle of azure city , but whether it just refused the order to hold off the undead knight or severed its connection with V permanently is unknown. Its probably hiding in the "ignored space" between existence and non existence on Vs shoulder.

Texas_Ben
2009-04-17, 01:25 PM
I had rather hoped the imp would act as a new familiar for V, but since it left with the IFCC I guess not.

CapedLuigiYoshi
2009-04-17, 01:31 PM
Blackwing, if he appears (which is very unlikely), would likely try to take revenge on V. However, V will be stronger than Blackwing no matter what hisorher ECL is.

Logalmier
2009-04-17, 02:15 PM
Blackwing wouldn't be able to take out V all by himself. The whole point of a familiar is that they serve a more powerful master. If wizards got to rule over a second character that was as powerful as they are, they'd be totally broken ( I mean more broken.) For Blackwing to defeat epic V, he would need to find another caster at least as powerful as V, which is really improbable, as V is like around CL 75. (CL 120 with Haera on board.)

Dreganastra
2009-04-17, 05:42 PM
what if nightwing was a rougue crow? then Nightwing could sneak up and peck out V's jugular. coup de grace style.