PDA

View Full Version : Looking for comments (and playtesters)

thirdkingdom
2009-04-17, 08:04 AM
Hi all,
The playtest edition of the Third Kingdom FRPG should be complete and headed to the printers by the end of April. I am interested in feedback and/or finding playtesters for the system. The .pdf is available at www.thirdkingdomgame.com. In addition, I will be making the first 30 printed copies available for free to anyone interested in playtesting (e-mail me if interested). Any additional copies will be available at cost from Lulu.
The Third Kingdom is the Mortal Realm, a world nesting between immortal Faerie and deathless Eternity. Magic in the Mortal Realm, known as plasm, is omnipresent; it suffuses the world like air. The PCs are human, able to use their own plasm reserves to one degree or another. Character creation is point-buy and the system itself is classless. With over one hundred skills and as many Talents (special abilities) the possibilities are nigh infinite.
The system itself is not "rules-lite" but it is fairly simple mechanically. The only dice needed to play are ten-sided, and most players will only need one or two. Challenges are made by adding a die roll to the appropriate Attribute score along with modifiers (such as skill Ranks). All other results (such as damage, duration, etc.) are based off the Challenge result, so the need for rolling is kept to a minimum.

Thanks,

Todd

thirdkingdom
2009-05-04, 10:31 AM
Just an update,
The PHB is done and ready to be downloaded from www.thirdkingdomgame.com. There are also free print copies that will be made available to the first thirty people interested in playtesting.

Todd