PDA

View Full Version : Nets!

RagnaroksChosen
2009-04-18, 12:29 PM
So Me and my roomate where discussing the finer points of Trident/spear and net fighting when I started to wonder if i enchant a net with shocking or flaming or what not and throw it at the enemy do they take the shocking/flaming/ what have you every round?

The next question is can you think of any funny net enchantments?

The best we came up with is a returning net ... we couldn't figure out if it would fold it self or entangle the owner.

Dogmantra
2009-04-18, 01:18 PM
A flaming, spell storing net would be pretty awesome (the flaming's so that it damages, and therefore activates spell storing), maybe something like Vampiric Touch stored.

And to answer your first question, in the interests of fairness, I'd personally say no, though I'm not sure if there's an official ruling.

Faleldir
2009-04-18, 04:32 PM
Ain't no rule that says removing the net ends the entanglement condition:

A net is used to entangle enemies. When you throw a net, you make a ranged touch attack against your target. A net’s maximum range is 10 feet. If you hit, the target is entangled. An entangled creature takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls and a –4 penalty on Dexterity, can move at only half speed, and cannot charge or run. If you control the trailing rope by succeeding on an opposed Strength check while holding it, the entangled creature can move only within the limits that the rope allows. If the entangled creature attempts to cast a spell, it must make a DC 15 Concentration check or be unable to cast the spell.

An entangled creature can escape with a DC 20 Escape Artist check (a full-round action). The net has 5 hit points and can be burst with a DC 25 Strength check (also a full-round action).

So yeah, Returning is by far the best option.

Zhalath
2009-04-18, 05:32 PM
A flaming net would damage each round, as it is still on fire.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-04-18, 07:02 PM
What about a Dislocator Returning Net?

You throw it at them, activate the entangling, then activate Dislocator. It teleports them 1d100 miles in a random direction. It returns to you that same round, with the enemy still wrapped up in it. I'd estimate that moving 50 miles in about a second would do a large amount of damage when the net stopped?