PDA

View Full Version : Maid Gear Solid: Full Maid Panic! (IC)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Neon Knight
2009-04-19, 04:56 PM
I'm so late!

A lone girl dashes towards the school gates, trying to keep the wind from blowing her long black hair into utter disarray.

Her name is Miki Inoue, and so far as she knows, she's a perfectly normal and ordinary highschool student. The many eyes watching her know better. Orion has targeted her, and those that Orion targets always turn out to be much more than they appear.

Many eyes are on this girl. Soon, she'll have more to worry about than being late..

But for now, her main concern is getting to the morning assembly before it's too late.

She arrives, just soon enough to avoid being directly called out for it but just late enough to be embarrassed. As she takes her seat with her fellow students, cheeks lightly red with the cold stinging of the wind and shame, she is unaware of the eyes upon her...

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 05:18 PM
Lauren Fronts

Don'tScrewUpDon'tScrewUpDon'tScrewUp

Lauren turns to the late girl, who was sitting beside her.

RemainCoolRemainCoolRemainCool

Her eye is twitching.

LayLowLayLowLayLow

She can't take it any more.

HiI'mLaurenNiceToMeetYouIHopeWeCanBeGreatFriendsWh at'sYourName?

She looks like she was trying to remain calm earlier, but now she feels relieved.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-19, 05:26 PM
Sherwood had been leaning up against the outside wall of the School, waiting for Miki. He wasn't sure where Orion would strike, but if he started shadowing the girl everywhere, she was sure to notice him.

And I can't have that till I am sure...

For now, he just waited for her at specific points. As she rushed in the gate, Sherwood fell in step behind her, and he rushed into the classroom, smoothly sliding into the seat behind his charge.

Who's that?

Sherwood watched one of the girl's sitting beside Miki begin chatting her up. At the moment, the girl was probably just being friendly.

Not everyone is like you...

Sherwood pulled out a textbook, and opened it in front of him. He needed to do something other then just watch his charge, and reading didn't seem like that terrible of an idea.

wadledo
2009-04-19, 05:33 PM
Mr. Brown

Holding the gate open for Miki, Mr. Brown gives the girl a flourishing bow, motioning with his hand at the waiting school buildings and the still open gate.

"I you would be so kind, young miss."

He gently closes the gate behind her with a *snap* sound, raising an eye at Sherwood's pacing behind her.

Walking carefully but quickly, he goes to one of his many closets, picking out a mop and wheeled bucket.

Making sure to remain unobtrusive, Mr. Brown moves to the halls outside the assembly, busying himself with the ancient art of mop and humming almost silently to himself.
And, of course, making sure no one untoward happens by, but he's prepared for that.

Neon Knight
2009-04-19, 05:56 PM
Miki was bit surprised when Lauren suddenly burst into a rather speedy greeting. "Um..." Oh, she's probably just nervous. "I'm Miki. It's nice to meet you."

Miki had hardly noticed Mr. Brown on her way in and hadn't noticed Sherwood at all.

Siren
2009-04-19, 06:02 PM
Vivian Vixon

Vivian is casually sitting on her desk as the students come in. She is wearing a ladies suit with short stockings and garters. The suit could also use a shirt, instead you see her red bra. Vivian looks at her watch.

Where is the girl? Did something happen? Should I send, Lauren off on an "errand"?

Then the girl come in. The class begins.

"Well today we are going to talk about our sex lives again."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-19, 06:07 PM
Sherwood dropped the textbook when the teacher spoke, looking up at the woman like she was crazy. The woman was hardly wearing proper attire for a teaching professional, but that wasn't his concern. This...

"What!"

Looked up at the teacher and just shook his head.

"...you are joking, right?"

Neon Knight
2009-04-19, 06:12 PM
A boy behind Sherwood leaned forward to whisper to him. "Actually, she does this kind of thing all the time."

Miki looked rather uncomfortable. But, then again, most of the students looked rather uncomfortable.

Siren
2009-04-19, 06:16 PM
Vivian Vixon

"Awww don't be a sourpuss Sherwood. I don't need to know exactly what you are doing. I just want to know who is going out with who and stuff like that. I love hearing about kids in love."

Vivian hugs herself.

Hopefully someone will blab if Miki is seeing anyone if I keep doing this. I need to make sure I know anyone who she is with and anyone who knows anything about her.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-19, 06:22 PM
Sherwood looked around, and saw that most of the students were attempting to just not get noticed, and just sighed, putting his head down in his hands.

"You can't be serious..."

Discussing Sex Lives? What kind of school is this!

Sherwood looked up as the teacher instructed him not to be sourpuss.

"I'm just reacting like any normal person would, Ms. Vixon. A teacher asking a student about their sex life is highly inappropriate, in this setting at least..."

Sherwood had to admit, there were times where it might need to be inquired about, but at least having the decency to do so private was critical.

Guancyto
2009-04-19, 06:46 PM
In the sound of many footsteps with students rushing to get where they were supposed to be, one set stops. Reverses direction. Leaning her head in the doorway is the school's giant of a PE teacher.

Sharell's wearing an unassuming set of sweats and carrying a thermos of coffee.

"Vivian! What are you doing?!" she looks aghast. Maybe she caught some snippet of the conversation while outside. Or maybe she was eavesdropping?

Siren
2009-04-19, 06:54 PM
Vivian Vixon

"But Sharrell I want to know. Why is everyone so mean?"

Vivian pouts.

Guancyto
2009-04-19, 07:07 PM
"Sex Ed, Vivian!" Sharell chastises, oddly enthusiastic. "Like about love and responsibility and protecting yourself and staying out of trouble while staying in love!"

"Honestly, it's creepy any other way," she concludes, "shouldn't we be teaching them to keep themselves safe instead of who did the what in the where?"

Siren
2009-04-19, 07:13 PM
Vivian Vixon

Vivian sighs and flips her hair.

"Ok this is now Sex Ed. You all need to use a condom if you are going to have sex. Also you need to make sure you are ready before sex. Now tell me who needs to use protection."

Vivian starts to smile again.

wadledo
2009-04-19, 07:20 PM
Mr. Brown

*CLANG*
*CLATTER*
*SMASH*

The door opens and a single empty paint can comes rolling in, stopping at the foot of Ms. Vixon's desk.

Mr. Brown follows, his trademark duster splattered with black and yellow paint, slightly dripping on the floor.
"Ah, excuse me.
This would be Ms. Vixon's classroom correct?"

He walks quickly to the can, scooping it up and gesturing to the mess right outside the door.
"I was on my way to Mr. Miazaki's classroom and I seem to have taken a wrong turn.
Any chance you could give me directions?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 07:21 PM
Lauren

Lauren's head hits the desk.

She always does this... Why must she always do this? Lauren mutters.

Guancyto
2009-04-19, 07:24 PM
Sharell sighs too and covers her face with her palm. "That's not it at all..."

Siren
2009-04-19, 07:24 PM
Vivian Vixon

"Yes this is Ms. Vixon's room. I am teaching a serious class here though. Do you want these kids getting pregnant?"

Vivian looks at Lauren.

"What was that Lauren? You have a crush on Mr. Sherwood? Wow what do you think of Lauren, Mr. Sherwood?"

exmachina00
2009-04-19, 07:25 PM
In the seat to the right of Miki's, the school's 'bad boy' looks like he's sleeping to most observers -- head down on the desk, bandana pulled over his eyes, slow breathing. One corner of his left eye remains uncovered, however, allowing him to observe the schoolroom door and her tardy entrance.

Once she settles into her seat and the lightning-fast torrent of speech begins from behind her, he shifts his head toward her, revealing an open eye and part of his mouth, which twitches into a brief smile, followed by a lazy two-fingered wave of acknowledgment.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 07:30 PM
Lauren Fronts

I didn't say anything. Lauren says, glaring at the teacher. Ms. Miki might feel a jolt of electricity, about the same as static shock from touching a doorknob, not much, but enough to know "quit it"

wadledo
2009-04-19, 07:33 PM
"Yes this is Ms. Vixon's room. I am teaching a serious class here though. Do you want these kids getting pregnant?"
"It will only take a moment, and then you can get back to the school approved lesson plan.
I'm certain the the faster I'm gone, the less chance one of the administrators will come by to see what all the fuss is about."
Mr. Brown smiles innocently, his coat still dripping slightly, making an ugly mark on the floor.

"And I'll be able to clean up this mess sooner, too."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-19, 07:34 PM
Sherwood looked at the woman, just sighing and shaking his head.

"Is there any chance we can get you to drop this subject?"

Sherwood gave a sympathetic shrug to Lauren. He knew he shouldn't be getting involved in this, but he couldn't help himself.

"Please?"

Siren
2009-04-19, 07:37 PM
Vivian Vixon

"Well since no one is interested in this, I guess it is time for English. I will start passing out everyone's copy of The Saucy Maid and the Hot Fireman. You will have to read it and report on it later."

Vivian passes out the books.

"Well Mr. Brown I guess I can help you now. Lauren watch the class."

Vivian steps out of the room.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 07:41 PM
Lauren Fronts

Lauren Fronts gulps. M-me? She goes to the front of the class, and sort of stands there awkwardly. She does not read the apparently school board approved novel.

It could be worse. Once Ms. Vixon made us read the picturebook version. She says, trying to make the situation less awkward.

Just relax... Act normal...

Neon Knight
2009-04-19, 07:42 PM
Miki gave Kaito a little wave back as the rest of the class looked at their books with an emotion that could be best described as... trepidation, perhaps?

exmachina00
2009-04-19, 07:47 PM
Kaito watches with mild interest as Lauren walks up to the front of the classroom; rather than take out his book, he goes back to 'sleeping', eyes mostly covered by his bandana. His peripheral vision allowed him to glance between Miki, the door, and the windows relatively easily, and breathing slowly was child's play after spending his youth on the battlefield.

wadledo
2009-04-19, 07:47 PM
Mr. Brown

"Thank you very much."

Mr. Brown quickly gathers up all the spilt paint, wiping his duster clean with a single swipe of a towel.

Taking the directions, he says loud enough for everyone through the open door too hear, "I'll be back in a little bit to make sure everything's nice and tidy."

He smiles innocently again, catching Vixon's eye at the last moment and giving her an unsettling look as he wheels the cart away.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-19, 07:48 PM
Sherwood pulled out the book as directed, took one look at the cover, and shoved it to the bottom of his school bag.

What kind of school is this?

However, there were more important things to do, at the moment. Sherwood had an opening to introduce himself to Miki. If she regarded him as a friend, his job would become much, much easier.

And if they were right, she'll need a friend soon. I can't forget that as well as a target of Orion, she's a normal High School Girl.

With that in mind, Sherwood tapped Miki on the shoulder, and smiled.

"Sorry about drawing attention over here, despite your best efforts to avoid it. I'm Sherwood."

Guancyto
2009-04-19, 07:51 PM
"There's something wrong with her brain..." Sharell shakes her head.

"Ladies!" she points dramatically at the class. "Remember this! If you wear desperation on your sleeve you'll end up Christmas cake! That... I guess it goes for the men too."

"Now, Lauren, was it?" she has to wonder a bit. But not too much.

exmachina00
2009-04-19, 07:53 PM
There's an amused snort from Kaito's desk at Sharell's proclamation.

Shades of Gray
Lauren

Lauren jumps as the hand is pointed on her.

What the heck are you talking about? Lauren fixes her hair.

Neon Knight
Miki looked back at Sherwood and smiled slightly. "Oh, I don't mind at all. I'm Miki. Pleased to meet you."

Siren
2009-04-19, 07:54 PM
Vivian Vixon

"Well now that that is over, we can start reading the book aloud. Lauren you may go back to your seat. Sharell what are you teaching these kids? Kaito, would you like to read the part where the maid is washing the car?"

Vivian lies down on the desk with her head propped up and her legs in the air. Everyone looking up front gets a good view of her cleavage.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 07:57 PM
Lauren

Yes Ms. Vixon. Lauren says, bowing while covering her eyes. She sits down. Pleasedon'tmakemereadfirstpleasedon'tmakemereadfir st.

Neon Knight
2009-04-19, 07:57 PM
The more modest and innocent students (Miki is among them) avert their gazes and try to find a happy place. The more lecherous enjoy the view. One boy taps out what sounds like the beginning to a certain Van Halen song on his desk with his pencils.

exmachina00
2009-04-19, 07:58 PM
There's a mumbled reply from the dozing young man that sounds like a negative. He doesn't even look up from his nap.

Siren
2009-04-19, 08:02 PM
Vivian Vixon

"Ok. Well then Miki would you read from that place, please. Remember that you have to have a good English grade to pass."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-19, 08:08 PM
Sherwood gave Miki a smile in return, and would have said more, except for Vivian's return. Sherwood chuckled internally at Kaito's response, but when Vivian choose Miki, Sherwood internally sighed.

...guess I don't have much choice.

Sherwood stood up before Miki could reply, pulling the book out of his Bookbag.

"I'll do it, Ms. Vixon."

Neon Knight
2009-04-19, 08:09 PM
Miki froze for a second. The other students gave a sigh of relief (for the most part) and waited for her to begin.

Miki was terrible at English. So when Sherwood volunteered, she slumped forward on her desk with her own sigh of relief and gave him a grateful smile.

Siren
2009-04-19, 08:13 PM
Vivian Vixon

"Ok then from the part where the maid is washing the car. Use your sexiest voice please. Thank you for volunteering."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-19, 08:21 PM
Sherwood twitched slightly at the sexy voice comment, but let it pass. He sighed, cracking open the book to the indicated place.

I thought I would face danger... but this is just beyond the pale!

"The Maid, aware that the Fireman was watching her, began to wash the car. First she rinsed it down, giggling as she caught herself in the cool rush of water a few times, throughly soaking her blouse till the white garment became transparent..."

Sherwood pushed on, waiting for the woman to signal him to stop. He had an increasingly noticable blush, and he was unsuccessfuly trying to keep it from taking over his entire face.

Guancyto
2009-04-19, 08:30 PM
Hopeless.

At least Vivian was harmless. With a little cough, Sharell excuses herself from the room. There were an awful lot of eyes on her target, but none of them had the right look.

Almost none, anyway. She won't be far.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 08:33 PM
Lauren

How am I supposed to protect her when she's scared senseless? I need to renzezvous with black tail.

Lauren puts her hand inside her desk, and nods to the teacher. That's the signal that she's about to give a distraction for the pair to go out of the room.

Siren
2009-04-19, 08:36 PM
Vivian Vixon

Vivian notices the signal. She is prepared.

"You are doing a great job Sherwood, why don't you read the whole chapter to the class?"

Vivian gets off her desk and walks around the room.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 08:37 PM
Lauren

Lauren points at the desk. Some papers catch on fire. Electricity is invisible as far as I know.

Miss Vixon, your desk is on fire! I'll go get some water! Lauren rushes out of the class.

exmachina00
2009-04-19, 08:40 PM
Kaito jolts briefly, but quickly settles back into his former position, though his head is raised slightly to scan the room for sources of danger.

Siren
2009-04-19, 08:42 PM
Vivian Vixon

"Ok have some free study time while Lauren and I get some water. Think about the motivation of the maid when she is washing that car. I will ask someone about it when I get back and the fire is out."

Vivian leaves the room.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 08:43 PM
Lauren

Lauren runs into the girl's bathroom, their designated rendezvous point.

Are all of the agents like this?

Siren
2009-04-19, 08:46 PM
Shadow Tail

Shadow crosses her arms. She looks under all the stall doors before saying anything.

"No some are rookies."

She looks Lauren up and down.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 08:49 PM
Brighthand

Regardless, I believe that you aren't doing much good by freaking out our subject. You do realize what you are doing? Agent Brighthand turns both faucets on full, to make a lot of noise in case anyone is listening.

Neon Knight
2009-04-19, 08:51 PM
Meanwhile, the students in the front row had beat out the fire. Most of the class was now talking amongst itself.

Miki looked back at Sherwood. "Um... thanks for the save."

Siren
2009-04-19, 08:51 PM
Shadow Tail

"No student is going to be friends with their teacher. I scare her and you use that to become her friend. Good cop, bad cop. Did they teach you nothing?"

Shadow shakes her head.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 08:54 PM
Brighthand

Somehow I don't think that that's the best plan, but it's too late to change now. Brighthand sighs, and fills a bucket with water. Well, you're certainly playing the part.

exmachina00
2009-04-19, 08:56 PM
"Anyone who volunteers for that psycho teacher's attention deserves a pat on the back. Good one."

Kaito, seemingly reassured that there was no imminent danger, put his head back down again. That he'd even bothered to speak was a rare occurrence.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-19, 08:57 PM
Sherwood retreated to his seat, having no intention of reminding the teacher of what he had been doing. She could pick somebody else now.

"Your welcome."

Sherwood's blush was subsiding now, though still certainly present.

"Just glad that is over."

Siren
2009-04-19, 08:59 PM
Shadow Tail

Shadow shakes her head and leaves the restroom.

Like I need a rookie telling me a plan.

She returns to the classroom and starts to smile. She looks down at her hands and realizes she forgot the water.

"I saw that you guys put out the fire. Good teamwork!"

Neon Knight
2009-04-19, 08:59 PM
((Btw, since everyone has posted, we can actually advance into the game proper (as in, the bits I planned), so try to wrap up the hijinks in the next few posts. We'll timeshift to the end of the day, when school lets out.))

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 09:01 PM
Lauren

Lauren returns, carrying two buckets of water.

I have the wa- Oh, you already handled it. Umm... She puts the buckets down. That is some spontaneously combusting paper, eh? heh.

ninja_penguin
2009-04-19, 09:02 PM
Nina Morozov

OOC: slight time rewind for me to catch up with everybody here.

As Miki Inoue sprints her way to school in the morning, anybody with incredibly could eyes might have seen the glint from a lens coming down from the tops of the buildings.

"Subject is proceeding to the corner of Whitstone and Cherry, turning in anticipated direction." Nina said in a near monotone dictation as she strode along the tops of the buildings. She kept her gaze downward into a pair of binoculars. Anybody watching her would have thought she looked rather normal if a bit out of place.

Rather normal, that was, until she ran out of building, and leaped the distance between the next building without even changing pitch or speed of her voice as she continued her dictation. Oh, and if they noticed the katana sheath tied to her back. "Subject has arrived before gate closure." she continued, as she tracked Miki into the school yard. "Query for next databurst: Requesting refresh of files related to friends and known acquaintances of Miki Inoue." she added to herself as she tracked Miki into the school building.

"Proceeding to first vantage point." Nina clicked off her recorder, stowed the binoculars, and handstand-flipped down the side of the building, planting on window ledges and flagpoles to change her momentum, and eventually landed inside the school grounds. She continued her brisk pace toward the morning sun, vaulting up onto the field bleachers, and oriented her goggles in a practiced manner toward Miki's classroom, and watched her English class play out.

Subject appears uncomfortable. Query for next databurst: correlate perceived discomfort with academic records, and with data file for instructor.

Years ago, she would have been alarmed when the teacher's desk suddenly burst into flames. Now, however, she just mentally noted Ignition point unlikely to be hazardous to subject, provided subject does not attempt to extinguish.

Siren
2009-04-19, 09:07 PM
Vivian Vixon

"It is almost the end of class guys. I need one volunteer to tell me her motivation. Anyone?"

Vivian was sitting in her chair with the chair backwards, so that everyone could see her underwear.

wadledo
2009-04-19, 09:12 PM
Mr. Brown

"I'm sorry it took me so long, the acids were a bit more than I expected."

Mr. Brown enters the room with his his mop and bucket, quietly cleaning up the dribbled paint directly in front of Ms. Vixon's chair, shielding the students from the gates of hell with his back turned.
Of course, he takes a few peeks anyway.

exmachina00
2009-04-19, 09:13 PM
"Bad taste in men and the biological imperative. Can we go now?"

Kaito glances up briefly, instantly regrets it, and returns his head to its previous position. His voice is surprisingly mature and a bit gravelly, though that's to be expected from a notorious delinquent...

Siren
2009-04-19, 09:15 PM
Vivian Vixon

"Yes you may all go. Remember to read the rest of the chapter tonight."

Vivian stands up and moves in front of Mr. Brown.

Why the gates of hell?

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 09:16 PM
Lauren

Lauren rushes out of class. Why couldn't I get partnered with that nice fellow back in training? She thinks.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-19, 09:18 PM
Sherwood chuckled a little at Kaito's response. The fellow didn't look like much, but when the authority figures were like this, he had to side with the delinquents. As the class ended, Sherwood threw his bag over his shoulder.

"Pleasure meeting you Miki. Perhaps I'll have another class with you."

Sherwood knew that to be the case, but that was irrelevant. he headed out the door as well.

wadledo
2009-04-19, 09:23 PM
Why the gates of hell?

Hell's hot, difficult to deal with, and red all over.:smalltongue:

Plus, I just finished rereading "The Name of The Wind."

exmachina00
2009-04-19, 09:24 PM
Kaito rises to his feet, shoulders his backpack, and idly straightens his jacket and shirt. He pauses briefly, then looks over at Miki.

"Hey. Mind if I walk home with you after school? I think we go the same direction."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 09:33 PM
Lauren

Now time to offer to walk her- Damn. Someone already got to it. Lauren sighs, leaving the class.

Neon Knight
2009-04-19, 09:45 PM
Miki paused beside her desk. "Um... sure, I guess. But I have tennis practice after school. You'll probably be gone by the time I get done."

____

Finally, it was over. Classes were finished. After school, various teachers and students were about the school, participating in clubs, sports practice, or just enjoying some peace and quiet.

Outside, Miki stood on the tennis courts, feeling the sweat slide down her neck. It was nice and breezy this morning; why had the cool winds gone and left them to bake in the heat of the cruel sun?

She stared tensely at the girl bouncing the tennis ball on the surface of the court on the other side of the net.

Hikaru smiled back at Miki. She knew that Miki was no match for her; she was toying with her, really. Hikaru was very good at tennis. Miki wasn't particularly athletic, and wasn't particularly good at tennis. It wasn't much of a competition, really, but Hikaru was always amused at how doggedly Miki tried despite this plainly obvious fact.

Miki's only consolation was that most observers would have said that Miki was far cuter in her tennis uniform that Hikaru was, but most observers weren't that forward, nor were most observers dumb enough to insult Hikaru to her face.

It wasn't that Hikaru was ugly, really; she was just rather plain, and had the misfortune to be compared constantly to a lot of cute girls. So she took it out in athletics.

Their match was probably being observed by many eyes, although neither of them knew it.

The agents had to be vigilant. They knew that Orion was unpredictable. It had no standard operating pattern. Sometimes they took people in broad daylight, guns blazing, even killing bystanders. Other times, their targets disappeared without a trace, not even noticed as missing for several days.

All they knew was that Orion had been planning to take a target codenamed within their files as 'Ghost Butterfly' and that a recent leak from a mole inside Orion seemed to indicate that Miki was 'Ghost Butterfly'.

The match between Hikaru and Miki continued.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 09:51 PM
Lauren

Lauren stays behind to watch. She is leaning slightly towards whoever passes by. It looks kind of weird.

Stupid cling.

Guancyto
2009-04-19, 09:53 PM
Sharell sits nearby refereeing the match. It's not optimal and it's far too exposed, but it's better than nothing.

"That's thirty-love! Your serve, Miki."

exmachina00
2009-04-19, 09:55 PM
Kaito grins wolfishly. "I've got a few things to do around campus -- I'll hang out around the entrance for awhile after I'm done, see if you're still around."

____

After school, the 'things' turned out to be surveillance from a tree positioned near the tennis courts. Watching the match through binoculars, Kaito seemed entirely in his element, with jacket draped over the sturdy branch he had perched on and sleeves rolled up.

'Her opponent's way better, but spirit's the most important part. If she keeps trying, she might get to Hikaru's level.'

He hadn't really intended to sympathize with the girl, but that much determination would melt the North Pole, much less a career soldier's cold heart.

Siren
2009-04-19, 10:03 PM
Vivian Vixon

Vivian had made it a habit to watch all the sports teams practice since she started. She made the rounds making comments to all the teams. She was now coming over to the tennis area. She had changed into an outfit that looked like a cheerleading uniform. She noticed Miki and called out.

"Objection! Those skirts are too long. How are you girls going to get hot guys when you won't show any leg? Hike them up girls."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 10:04 PM
Lauren

Lauren's palm? Meet Lauren's Face.

It's a fine length you two. She says to them.

Neon Knight
2009-04-19, 10:08 PM
Vivian's comment startled Miki, who completely botched her serve. Hikaru scored on her easily.

Hikaru's taunting laugh brought a bit of pink to Miki's cheeks, an she straightened up, even more determined.

Guancyto
2009-04-19, 10:10 PM
Sharell smiles. Oh good, company. "You'll never get guys worth having if all you've got is leg!" She beckons Lauren and Vivian over to her. "Here to watch? I didn't think you'd be interested in this."

"Fifteen-thirty. Hikaru, have at!" she declares.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 10:10 PM
Lauren

Lauren points a finger subtly at the better tennis player, sending a small shock (again, like static from rubbing your feet on a carpet then touching a doorknob) into her mouth while she laughs.

She then realized that the teacher was looking at her. She walks over, nervously. YesIReallyLoveTennisAndWatchItWheneverICanOhMissVi vianIsHereWhatASurpriseNiceToSeeYou.

Siren
2009-04-19, 10:14 PM
Vivian Vixon

"Oh I watch all the sports. You can ask the other coaches. I love sports. Want to help me cheer?"

Vivian holds up some pom poms and kicks up a leg.

ninja_penguin
2009-04-19, 10:15 PM
Nina Morozov

Nina's vantage point had now actually changed to the roof of the school itself, putting her in the afternoon sun. She already had Miki's position located at the tennis court, following her schedule, and was sweeping the area.

Suboptimal location. Incapable of successfully defending against long-range rifle fire.

OOC: a 15 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6016985&postcount=2) on skill. whoo!

Guancyto
2009-04-19, 10:19 PM
"No," Sharell says flatly, "But you're going to do it anyway, right?"

"That so?" she smiles at Lauren. "Want to try doubles next game? Vivian can take over for me, I'd like to see what you can do."

Neon Knight
2009-04-19, 10:21 PM
Miki tripped and let the ball get away from her. It took basically everything she had to keep Hikaru at bay, and she couldn't keep it up for long. The game would be over soon, at this rate.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 10:22 PM
Lauren

OhI'dLoveToIHaven'tPlayedInAWhile. Now she just seems excited nervous. She also looks away from Ms. Vixon at every opportunity.

Guancyto
2009-04-19, 10:29 PM
Sharell flashes Lauren with a grin before barking to the court, "Thirty-all! You've got guts standing against the storm, Miki. Hikaru, your go!"

Maybe it would help lighten the kid up. The match is more or less decided already, so she lets her gaze wander, looking for anything out of the ordinary.

Siren
2009-04-19, 10:30 PM
Vivian Vixon

"Well I don't know how to keep score."

wadledo
2009-04-19, 10:31 PM
After locking down the building directly over the field, Mr. Brown begins to clean the roof.
Sweeping the tiles down, he looks on the scene below with amusement, taking in all the surrounding landscape, as well as a good view of Vixon's cleavage.
As long as she can't see him looking, he fine with whatever she wears.

He continues to hum quietly under his breath, moving the bristles with the rhythm of the melody.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-19, 10:37 PM
Sherwood wasn't watching Miki, at the moment. He was busy. With Miki in the safety of her club, if Orion struck, he'd have warning. So he was busy. The boy was busy putting up Camera's all over the school. They were tiny, almost impossible to see. But once he activated the system, the entire school would be his to monitor.

"And being a member of the Computer club (the only member at the moment, he;d made sure of it) gave him a perfect reason to wander the halls."

The boy just continued to distribute the Camera's everywhere. And everywhere included the bathrooms, and Locker Rooms. The boy was blushing at that, but those were the perfect places to grab her.

Oh well...

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 10:45 PM
Lauren

Ms. Vixon, do you know where the tennis outfits are?

Siren
2009-04-19, 10:48 PM
Vivian Vixon

"Yes I do, dear."

Vivian walks towards the locker room.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 10:49 PM
Lauren

Thank you Ms. Vixon, I'm just going to go and get changed. Lauren opens the door and enters the change room.

OOC: Is whatshisname still there?

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-19, 10:51 PM
Sherwood heard the door open, and instantly threw himself down, hiding behind a set of lockers and hoping whoever it was wouldn't notice him.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 10:53 PM
Lauren

Lauren begins changing. Which is hard, because her clothes sort of cling to her body. Whatshisname (OOC: Yes, I know his name) might feel the hair on the back of his neck stand up.

Siren
2009-04-19, 11:04 PM
Vivian Vixon

"Here are the uniforms."

Vivian points out the uniforms and then walks back out of the locker room.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-19, 11:07 PM
Sherwood heard Vivian's voice, and clenched up slightly, almost giving a sigh of relief when she left. However, he still heard the rustling of someone getting undressed.

I'm not a Pervert! I will resist temptation!

Sherwood was proud that he kept to his hiding place, turned away from the source of the sound. He would not give in.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 11:08 PM
Lauren

Thanks. Lauren says, fumbling with her shirt, trying to take it off. Then she gets stuck to the locker. Why do lockers have to be made of metal? Who decided that?

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-19, 11:13 PM
Sherwood continued to hide, but couldn't help over hearing what she said. He recognized the girl's voice, though he couldn't quite place it. After all, it wasn't being spoken at lthe speed of light, currently.

Why wouldn't lockers be made out of metal... and who cares?

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 11:15 PM
Lauren

Lauren drops down from the locker.

God this is difficult. Glad no one's around to see me fail at changing.

She manages to take off her socks. That's an achievement, right?

Guancyto
2009-04-19, 11:19 PM
"Vivian! Over here!" is she being friendly now? "I need to explain the scoring where it won't distract our contestants."

Did I really just say that? What a lame excuse...

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-19, 11:22 PM
Sherwood kept listening, becoming more and more worried. It was possible this girl was one of the ones he was here to defend Miki from. If so, if he struck now, he could remove a threat.

On the other hand she could just be having trouble changing.

Sherwood was stuck in a moral conundrum. Duty pulled him one way, chivalry, already tarnished, the other. He was stuck for the moment.

Siren
2009-04-19, 11:25 PM
Vivian Vixon

"Ok I am coming."

Vivian runs over.

"So how do I keep score?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 11:25 PM
Lauren

Stupid external monologue. Lauren manages to remove her shirt. At least it will be easier to get at Miki if I'm in the game.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-19, 11:30 PM
Finally Sherwood snaps. That confirmed it. Sighing grimly he gripped his Crowbar, and leapt from his place of concealment.

"Agent of Orion, you will do no such thing! Miki Inoue is under the protection of Operation Savior!"

Sherwood said grimly, pointing at her straight with his Crowbar, as menacingly as one can with a tool.

"I give you a chance to surrender, and turn away from this path. Or shall I incapacitate you first?"

Guancyto
2009-04-19, 11:32 PM
Sharell von Murfel

Sharell beckons her even closer, to a proper range where they won't be overheard. She gives a quick rundown of the scores, and follows it with, "One more thing, and don't laugh. Does all that..." she indicates Vivian's outfit, or maybe curves, "Does all that really work? What kind of guys do get with it?"

(Edit: Ninjas! How loud is he being here? :smalltongue:)

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 11:33 PM
Lauren

HolySh-Don'tDoThat! Lauren jumps back, but then regains her cool.

I could ask you to do the same thing. Lauren's hand crackles with electricity.

Siren
2009-04-19, 11:38 PM
Vivian Vixon

Oh poor girl asking me for advice. I don't know about getting guys. I am too dedicated to my job.

"Well I don't really know if this works to get guys. I am not really trying to get guys. I just like the attention. Guys do like to stare when you look like this. Sorry I can't help you."

Vivian looks Sharrell over.

"You could lose the sweats though if you want a man."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-19, 11:39 PM
(Sherwood? Not loud enough to be heard outside of a Locker Room.)

"I don't wish to fight you, but unless you turn away from your Evil Ways, I will be forced to take action."

Sherwood wasn't about to be frightened by something as simple that. He had been trained in the art of Combat for years. The Crowbar was just a tool in the hands of most. In his, it was a weapon of justice.

I won't stop protecting Ms. Inoue, or anyone else. This World isn't a place where people should fight. But I'll do so to make sure no one kidnaps an innocent girl and makes her into a tool of their nefarious schemes."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 11:43 PM
Lauren

I will not let you get close t- Wait, you're protecting her? Lauren asks, letting her guard down for a second. Her hand is still lightning...ing.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-19, 11:47 PM
Sherwood doesn't lower his Crowbar, though slightly confused. It all seemed pretty clear cut. She was from Orion. She tried to kidnap Miki. He stopped them. That was how it worked.

But she sounds... confused.

"Like I said, Miki Inoue is under the protection of Operation Savior. We refuse to let Orion have its way any longer."

Sherwood sounded a little less sure of himself as he spoke.

"You are with Orion... right? Kidnap Miki, nefarious purposes, evil doers? I stop you, because that's what I do?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 11:50 PM
Lauren

What part of anything I just said would make you think that? Lauren asks, hand crackling less.

Guancyto
2009-04-19, 11:52 PM
Sharell von Murfel

"Hmm, really? I see how it is." the teacher almost laughs herself. "It's good to know. There's one more thing," she continues quietly, putting a hand to Vivan's cheek, "look straight ahead," she guides Viv's gaze toward a tree. A very particular tree. "do you see? Do you know who that is?"

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-19, 11:54 PM
Sherwood cleared his throat, hesitantly lowering the Crowbar a bit.

"And I quote... 'At least it will be easier to get at Miki if I'm in the game.' Preventing people from getting Miki is the entire reason I'm here, after all."

Sherwood looked at her suspisciously.

"So you are claiming not to be here to get Miki? Are you still with Orion?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-19, 11:58 PM
Lauren

I'm not a member of that terrorist group.

Lauren looks at the guy, then grabs her shirt. It clings to her front due to static.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-20, 09:31 PM
Sherwood didn't get Lauren grabbing the shirt for a few seconds, a circuit closing in his brain as he realized what he had been staring at. The agent turned bright Red and turned around, putting his back to her. He put his crowbar.

"...I owe you an apology then."

Sherwood's voice was sped up slightly, desperately trying to apologize for his actions. Apparently, he had jumped to a conclusion.

"I'm really sorry about this. I hope you can understand what I was doing. It's just I was told that I needed to protect her, and nobody said anything about somebody else guarding Ms. Inoue."

Siren
2009-04-20, 09:33 PM
Vivian Vixon

"I don't see a thing. Also why are you touching my cheek?"

Vivian squints in the direction of the tree, but continues not to see anything.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-20, 09:34 PM
Lauren Fronts

Lauren puts on the shirt.

It's my fault that I made such an easy to misinterpret comment.

And she's dressed! That didn't take longer than the average girl, did it?

Neon Knight
2009-04-20, 09:41 PM
Outside, Hikaru dealt the coup de grace to Miki. Miki's game basically fell apart at the end; she was just too tired to keep up with the seemingly tireless Hikaru.

Hikaru was barely sweating. Miki was panting for breath. Hikaru swaggered past Miki on her way out of the court, 'accidentally' smacking Miki on the side of the head with her racket.

"Oops. Sorry about that, Miki. That was a real good game, Miki. We should play more often."

Miki just stood there, half bent over, trying to catch her breath as Hikaru walked off laughing.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-20, 10:02 PM
Sherwood remained turned around but he did smile. He wasn't going to look back until she said he could.

"As it appears our goals are the same, would you be willing to make an Alliance of sorts? Our jobs will be easier if we are able to take turns guarding her, rather then just double covering her."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-20, 10:10 PM
Lauren

Actually we'd be trip- Lauren stops herself. She outstretches a hand. YouCanTurnAroundNow. She shoots off, nervously.

ninja_penguin
2009-04-20, 10:13 PM
Nina Morozov

Nina sweeped the area and surrounding buildings, spotting Mr. Brown on the rooftop. "Addendum to observation log; begin recording common schedules of maintainance personnel in order to avoid compromising vantage points."

Sweeping back through the trees surrounding the tennis area, Nina suddenly doubled back, catching a lens flare from one of the trees. Spotting Kaito in the tree with his binoculars, she was able to extrapolate where he was watching. On reflex, her combat helmet popped up, metal seeming to flip and spin up from below the neckline of her sheet, encasing her whole head, with a transparent green visor over her eyes, staring at Kaito through the binoculars.

Biometrics match 99.8% probability match to Agent known as Phantom, aka the hero of Nelson center, aka the butcher of Paris tower, aka [dataflow interrupt; prepping off-cycle databurst]

"Off-cycle databurst security confirmation 319-AlphaTauEpsilon" Nina dictated rapidly, her voice coming out oddly mechanical and gender-neutral through the helmet. "Requesting inter-agency confirmation as to the status and current affiliation of agent codename Phantom. Reference case files RTG-895 and FWT-346. Requesting long-range supporting fire from fireteam alpha if agent affiliation returns hostile." Nina tilted her binoculars back to Miki just in time to see her be swatted in the head. "Databurst addendum: Requesting identity of recorded subject. Request to non-permanently hobble unknown subject. Databurst transmit."
The sound of the transmission made for a slight static squawking through the speakers of Nina's helmet as she continued to alternate between Miki and Kaito.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-20, 10:20 PM
Sherwood turned back towards her, and smiled widely.

"What do you say then. Partner's? Or at least, allies?"

Sherwood extended his hand to her, waiting for a handshake.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-20, 10:22 PM
Lauren

Lauren shakes the boy's hand. There's a bit of static electricity, enough to make his hair stand up slightly.

Allies. Although we should work out a good cover in case we are ever found together.

Guancyto
2009-04-20, 10:25 PM
"Oh well, I'm sure it's probably fine," Sharell shrugs, adjusting her glasses and releasing Vivian. "It's not like any harm could come of someone spying on a tennis match, right?"

She gets up and offers Miki some water brightly, mostly blocking Kaito's view of the target. "You've really got potential! I was really impressed with that drop shot in the second set, even if you didn't mean to do it."

Siren
2009-04-20, 10:32 PM
Vivian Vixon

Vivian starts to cheer from the sidelines.

I wonder if there really is someone in that tree. I can't really climb up the tree without looking suspicious though. Oh well. I will just have to keep my eyes on the target.

wadledo
2009-04-20, 11:20 PM
Mr. Brown

Leaning on the wall and looking down on the two teachers, Mr. Brown tilts his head to the side slightly, as though he's listening to a far away voice.
When the gym teacher points out the boy in the tree, Mr. Brown smiles slightly, muttering to himself "Well, looks like another stalker has joined the menagerie." before turning and walking to the stairwell.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-20, 11:31 PM
Sherwood was suprised at the shock, but he remembered the lightning and figured out the reason for it. He didn't lose his smile however.

"I suggest our cover's become friends. If you are attempting to befriend Ms. Inoue, as I am, that would make that easier as well. If you do not believe that will provide adequate cover, there are other options to be explored."

Sherwood said with a shrug. However, several conclusions were coming to him, one in particular making him happy. He had a chance to release himself from a moral dillemma that had been bothering him.

"As well, I need to ask a favor of you."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-20, 11:41 PM
Lauren

Lauren is still holding Sherwood's hand, not shocking him any more.

Oh? And what would that be?

Siren
2009-04-20, 11:42 PM
Vivian Vixon

The girl is taking a long time. I wonder if she got stuck to something metal again. I should check on her. Besides I need her to check the tree.

"I should go check on Lauren. She is taking a long time."

Vivian walks towards the lock room and opens the door.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-20, 11:48 PM
Sherwood blushed slightly again. He barely noticed that she hadn't let go of his hand. It was hard to explain it in a way that didn't make him seem like a pervert. He just had an overwhelming desire to be through and methodical.

"I... I've rigged the School with Camera's. All over the place. That way I could keep an eye on Miki without needing to be with her every single moment."

Sherwood nodded. Thus far, good.

"I also rigged the women's restrooms, and Locker rooms. These were the only places I could not go, and if needed, I had to be able to see what happened."

Suddenly, not so good.

"I wouldn't have used them unless it was necessary, and I tried to place them so privacy could be maintained but..."

Sherwood shrugged.

"But now that I know you can protect her, I don't have to do it anymore. And I don't want to be the kind of person that keeps camera's in those places without it being absolutely necessary. So... If I tell you where they are... can you remove them for me?"

At the sound of the Locker Room Door opening Sherwood turned birght red again, and just jumped, left only with his luck to keep him from getting noticed.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-20, 11:57 PM
Lauren

Lauren waves to Ms. Vixon. Just finished.

OOC: Siren, roll against Sherwood's result of 12 to escapse notice.

Siren
2009-04-21, 12:00 AM
Vivian Vixon

"Lauren you need to come look at something. I'm glad that you are finally finished."

Already did although I don't know why most everyone isn't putting what they got for their rolls on here as well.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 12:02 AM
Lauren

Lauren leaves the girl's locker room with Ms. Vixon. She closes her eyes, and any cameras nearby should be electrically fried.

Siren
2009-04-21, 12:05 AM
Vivian Vixon

On the way out Vivian whispers to Lauren.

"I need you to check out the tree near the tennis court. The PE teacher wanted me to look at it for some reason."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 12:08 AM
Lauren

And apparently you lack eyeballs. Fine, let's go see. Lauren whispers back to her, then sighs.

Siren
2009-04-21, 12:15 AM
Vivian Vixon

I hate her. One day when we aren't partners, I will stab her. Thinks she is hot stuff.

Vivian yells to Lauren loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Be prepared to read out of the book tomorrow, Lauren. Now that you have told me how hot the book makes you."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 12:16 AM
Lauren

Gee? Can I? Thanks you. Lauren says, gritting her teeth. She takes one last look at the locker room before going to look at whatever tree (Which I think is no longer occupied by a person).

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-21, 12:17 AM
Sherwood got up from the corner he had tumbled into somehow, and dusted himself off. Apparently, fortune was on his side. That dealt with, he snuck out the inside door, and hooked around.

I've gained an ally, and completed my Surveillence Network.

Sherwood walked outside as well now, joining the growing crowd. He stayed a reasonable distance back from the court, and pulled out his Laptop.

"Just check to make sure everythings working, then on to my report."

Sherwood checked through the Camera's making sure the system was working, smiling when he saw the two in the Locker Room were fried. That had been what that tingling was.

Good to know.

With that, Sherwood began typing up his Mission Report.

[Operation Savior, Report 1

There have been no attacks by Orion upon Ms. Inoue. No abnormal behavior, or hints to why she has been targeted have been given. She appears to be a normal High Schooler.

However, Operation Savior has made contact with another agent, from outside the organization. She goes by the alias Lauren, and appears to have some ability to generate electricity. She appears to have the same objectives as the Operative, and thusly the Operative offered her an alliance. With her help, protecting Ms. Inoue should prove an easier task then originally suspected.

Operation Savior, Report 1 End.]

Sherwood sent the Report off, and just set the laptop aside, watching the Tennis game lazily.

Siren
2009-04-21, 12:20 AM
Vivian Vixon

"No problem, just don't touch yourself in class...Again."

Vivian walks towards the PE teacher.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 12:22 AM
Lauren

I'll try not to. Lauren says, gritting her teeth once more. She approches the tennis court, and sees Sherwood. She walks over to him. Close call.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-21, 12:26 AM
Sherwood just smiled at her.

"Fate's always smiled on me. It's just one of the ways I know I'm on the right side."

He gave her a wink, making it unclear if he was joking or not.

"So what is Ms. Vixon's problem with you? You two were kind of going at it."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 12:29 AM
Lauren

My parents know her. She's worse out of school. Lauren shudders. So who you working for? She asks quietly.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-21, 12:40 AM
Sherwood nodded at her response, and when asked, he shrugged.

"Interpol. I'm part of a special task force devoted to dealing with threats that are beyond the capabilites of regional Police Organizations. My current designation is Operation Savior."

Sherwood shrugged. He didn't like lying, and wasn't going to conceal things. Secrecy only bred mistrust, and made it harder to achieve peace.

"Yourself?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 12:43 AM
Lauren

Didn't they teach you never to give out information unless the other person gives it first? Lauren smiles. The Specialized Personnel Emergency Response Mission-goers.

An unfortunate acronym.

OOC: Siren, Lauren could be lying if you want. Or if you want to go with this organization that's fine by me.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-21, 12:49 AM
Sherwood laughed at that comment, and nodded.

"Most definitely unfortunate. And people spend too much time tricking each other, and fighting among ourselves. The world would be a much better place if we all told the truth whenever we could. You are my ally, and I trust you for now. So I'll tell you every truth that is mine to tell, and yours to ask."

Sherwood didn't mind explaing his world view. He also believed if more people shared it, the World would be a better place.

"So, the two of us have been given the task of protecting a single girl from a sinister organization. How do you want to go about this?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 12:52 AM
Lauren

One of us should be near the girl at all times. We can't, of course, be too obvious about this. I'm capable of combat. Now, do you have a real weapon? Ouch.

Siren
2009-04-21, 12:56 AM
Vivian Vixon

Vivian walks up to the PE teacher and whispers to her.

"Why were you wanting me to look at the tree anyway? That is not a usual request."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-21, 12:59 AM
Sherwood just smiled at her, not bothered in the slightest by her remark. His Crowbar was underestimated quite a bit. That was until he hit people with it once or twice. Then they usually figured out what he meant.

"I have justice on my side. And if it comes to it, I have been trained in the combat potential of the Crowbar. If need be, I'm guessing I'm just as capable as you with it."

Sherwood pulled it out again, just spinning the tool in his hands lightly before putting it away.

"And if it comes down to it, I have other resources I can draw upon."

Sherwood smiled mysteriously with that remark.

"So what was your decision about our covers? Friends might explain us being seen together. If not, there are other options."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 01:01 AM
Lauren

Well if we don't want to lie as much for our covers then you can say you're my stalker. Lauren smiles, she's obviously joking. What else did you have in mind? It's best to go through all the possible options.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-21, 01:07 AM
Sherwood laughed a little at that idea, peering at her to make sure she was joking. That would make it very difficult for him to become close to Miki.

"We could claim to be relatives, cousins or some such. Or you could join the Computer Club. I'm currently the President, as I am the only member."

Sherwood gave her a smile at that. It hadn't been hard to arrange. As long as things were stored on a Computer, modifying them was a snap.

"Or, we could pretend to be romantically involved. That would make Ms. Vixon happy, and would give explanation for us being seen with one another with a high deal of regularity."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 01:11 AM
Lauren

The former doesn't work, we look far too different. The pale girl with white hair says. And I can't touch a computer without it exploding or working twice as fast. Usually exploding.

So she we go with the last one or should we just stay "good friends" Lauren laughs at the irony of the statement.

Guancyto
2009-04-21, 01:12 AM
"It's normal around here to have people lurking like that?" Sharell whispers back, "I should've picked a different place to work."

I did see someone... didn't I?

Siren
2009-04-21, 01:15 AM
Vivian Vixon

"Don't worry if there was someone they probably just wanted a good look at my hot body. That is what the lurkers normally want. You don't like working here?"

Vivian is posing the whole time.

"Oh yeah if you see anymore lurkers please do tell me. I can handle them."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-21, 01:20 AM
Sherwood listened to her throw his ideas out, and just shrugged.

"Well, as far as covering the widest range of possiblities, a relationship does have its good points. People are usually very tolerant of young people during the early stages of romantic involvement, another plus."

Sherwood shrugged again.

"On the other hand, it does limit our maneuverability in some ways. If Ms. Inoue develops feelings for either of us, things could grow difficult. And some people prefer to not be around couples."

Sherwood was covering all his bases here. He had to show Lauren his capabilities. Whether or not he was bothered by her disrespect for his weapon of choice, it spoke of a doubt of his skills.

"My personal recommendation would be for us to begin pursuing a cover as though we were in a romantic relationship, and if it becomes constraining or difficult we can simply act like we broke up on good terms, and remained close friends. What is your opinion?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 01:26 AM
Lauren

That very well might work. Although I'm not the one who's in danger of developing romantic feelings. We should act as friends for now, we could not possibly have developed a relationship so quickly. We'll test the waters this week, learn about our protect-ee, and then plan our possible love. Lauren adjusts her hair, which pretty much makes it worse due to static electricity. You wouldn't happen to own a pair of rubber gloves, would you?

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-21, 01:31 AM
Sherwood nodded, at her recommendation. It was a good plan of action. Now they just had to put it into action.

"Agreed."

At her question, Sherwood opened up a side pocket of his bookbag, and pulled out a set of Soldering Gloves. They were useful to have on hand.

"These serve? They'll serve as electrical insulators, if that is what you need."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 01:32 AM
Lauren

Thanks. These will help a great deal. Help get rid of some of those... awkward incidents that you must have been watching earlier.

Lauren will takes the gloves if offered.

Guancyto
2009-04-21, 01:36 AM
"Of course! I'll leave it to you. And yeah, people here are too shy. If someone wanted to look at your hot bod-" Sharell stops herself mid-sentence. What the hell is she saying? "I mean, they could watch the match openly. It's not like anyone would mind."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-21, 01:36 AM
Sherwood hands over the gloves with a smile, shrugging. It wasn't a bit loss, and it would help his partner.

"Take them."

Sherwood looked back towards the Tennis Game.

"Now, how should we continue in regards to Ms. Inoue?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 01:39 AM
Lauren

I think that you should sit next to her in class mostly. However I may sit next to her as well. I'll try to befriend her outside of school, if there are no objections. I might take to becoming her tennis partner. Lauren puts on the gloves, and seems more relaxed.

Siren
2009-04-21, 01:40 AM
Vivian Vixon

Vivian looks sideways at Sharrell.

"Are you a lesbian Sharrell? You seem awfully interested in my body. It doesn't matter to me if you are. Love is love. I am just asking."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-21, 01:46 AM
Sherwood nodded. It seemed like a good plan to him. He'd had some success in that regard. Ms. Vixon had helped there, in her own particular way. If he capitalized on that, she should accept him as a friend.

Damn I sound like I could, calculating... I have to remember she is a person, not just an objective. And when I become her friend, I'll need to do it for more then just fufilling my mission. I need to do it to help her.

"I have no objections to that. I think I will remain here for the tme being. I can complete checks on my security system, and begin attempting to access various portions of Ms. Inoues Student Records."

Sherwood shrugged.

"It might contain useful information. If I discover anything of value, I'll share it with you at the first oppurtunity."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 01:55 AM
Lauren

Of course. Now, I believe that tennis practice is almost over. I assume that we both head to our homes? One person in our class already offered to walk her home, I forget who.

Guancyto
2009-04-21, 01:59 AM
System overload!

"What? No!" Sharell says frantically, waving her hands, "Why do you keep twisting everything into something sexy?" Wait, that doesn't sound right! "I mean, why is it always about sex with you?" Wait, that's even worse!

After a moment, she adds, "And just what do you know about love anyway?"

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-21, 01:59 AM
Sherwood looked at her, and shook his head.

"I can stay for quite some time. Heading my own club gives me some... leeway. I would request that you walk her home, in addition to the fellow that offered to."

Sherwood wouldn't leave her unguarded for a minute. That meant that he'd be spending a rather uncomfortable night on somebody's roof.

"If needed, shadow her to her home. When I have completed my task here, I will relieve you at her home, and take the night watch."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 02:02 AM
Lauren

Sounds reasonable. I look forward to working with you. Lauren will shake his hand and make her departure.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-21, 02:07 AM
Sherwood took her hand, and smiled.

"The pleasure is mine."

Sherwood watched her walk away, intent on following her interactions with Miki. After all, depending on how well she did, their task could be made immensely easier.

Neon Knight
2009-04-21, 02:34 AM
Miki sighed. "Thank you, Ms. von Murfel." Her voice lacked conviction. Despite the fact that this was a pretty typical match with Hikaru, Miki felt really... self-conscious about the fact that she had just lost.

Miki decided that she'd given Hikaru enough of a head start and headed to the locker room to shower and change clothes.

Nina

Nina received the following message back:

Primary Inquiry: Agent Phantom affiliation currently unknown. Suggest further reconnaissance to determine disposition and then deal with accordingly. Alpha is in overwatch position.

Secondary Inquiry: Subject is Hikaru Sato, student and classmate of Miki's request to non-permanently hobble denied.

exmachina00
2009-04-21, 06:23 AM
Once the match ends and Miki has gone into the locker room, Kaito glances around briefly, notes the other watchers, and slings his jacket over his shoulder. The cigarette goes back into his pocket, and then the boy abruptly leaps from the tree branch -- keen-eyed observers may be able to note his progress through the branches -- and eventually drops out of a tree near the school's entrance.

Having somehow disposed of his binoculars, Kaito shrugs his jacket on, brushes the leaves off his shoulders and hair, and leans against a pillar to wait for Miki.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 06:53 AM
Lauren

Lauren (Who changed into her tennis outfit but due to delays never got to play) follows after Miki. HeyMikiYouOkay?

Neon Knight
2009-04-21, 07:12 AM
Miki stopped and looked at Lauren for a few seconds, then realized who she was. "Oh, Lauren, right? I'm fine."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 07:17 AM
Lauren

Mmmkay. Lauren nods, going slightly quieter.. She remains silent the rest of the trip to the locker room. The gloves help somehow.

Neon Knight
2009-04-21, 07:33 AM
"I didn't know you were in the tennis club, Lauren." Miki nodded at Lauren's clothes as they approached the locker room.

Siren
2009-04-21, 07:58 AM
Vivian Vixon

"No need to freak out Sharrell. You need to relax more. I should give you a massage sometime. Right now though I think that I need to change. Want to come change with me?"

Vivian walks towards the locker room.

wadledo
2009-04-21, 09:21 AM
Mr. Brown

The janitor walks down the stairwell, exiting the building opposite the playing field.
Going the long way around campus, Mr. Brown ends up right next to the school entrance.
reaching behind a pillar, he grabs Kaito by the scruff of his neck, dragging him around and dropping him back on the ground, making him sprawl in the dust.

If there are no interruptions, Mr. Brown folds his hands behind him and leans slightly forward over the boy.
"Well young master. You do know the school looks down on peeping toms, right?"

exmachina00
2009-04-21, 11:35 AM
The only interruption comes when Kaito himself glances to the side, notices the incoming hand, and casually ducks beneath the grab. Rather than allowing his well-honed commando's instincts to take over, he simply shifts to the side (hopefully out of reach), then rises to his feet, dusting his clothes off.

"I don't care what you think you saw, but don't touch me or I'll make you regret it."

wadledo
2009-04-21, 11:44 AM
Mr. Brown

"Well, Kaito.
I am faculty, so if you tried anything, I'd be likely just to get you expelled, which would make it somewhat difficult to follow whoever you seem to be spying on."
The janitor smiles darkly, his hands still folded behind his back like a saint.

exmachina00
2009-04-21, 11:59 AM
Kaito grins wryly and responds in his typical, mildly caustic tone.

"Ooh, I'm scared. See that? That was me shivering."

wadledo
2009-04-21, 12:18 PM
Mr. Brown

"Whatever you say, young master."
Mr. Brown matches grin for grin, turning away and slipping silently into the afternoon.
"Just remember.
We're all watching you."

exmachina00
2009-04-21, 01:38 PM
Kaito snorts and returns to his previous position, leaning against the pillar with arms crossed.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-21, 01:57 PM
Sherwood sighed as the two entered into the Locker Room, and pulled out his Laptop again. Swiftly he began attempting to access the School's Records. He'd know everything they knew about Miki soon enough. As a matter of curiosity, he also accessed Lauren's records, curious to see how good her organization was at planting things like that.

I always end up doing it myself for Interpol. Bunch of red tape to do it any other way.

Sherwood hummed as he began his attempts to access the network, the Codebreaking software already at work.

Guancyto
2009-04-21, 02:07 PM
"That's... that's okay," Sharell replies, still flustered. "You go ahead." The last thing she needs is that psycho teacher getting even more ideas!

Neon Knight
2009-04-21, 02:39 PM
After showering and redressing in her school uniform, Miki headed to the school gate. She was surprised to find Kaito there. "Hi."

exmachina00
2009-04-21, 02:53 PM
Kaito waves offhandedly, adjusts his bandana, and straightens his posture, leaning down to pull his backpack over his shoulders. His expression remains relaxed and nonchalant.

"Yo. Ready?"

Neon Knight
2009-04-21, 02:57 PM
Miki nodded. "Yeah."

She looked as if she was a bit unsure of the whole affair, but fell in step beside him readily.

exmachina00
2009-04-21, 03:16 PM
Kaito starts walking to the gate, intent on walking her home without subterfuge or malice. He tries to smile, to make small talk, and to otherwise override years of training as a commando and infiltrator to let himself look and sound like a regular person. He liked the girl well enough, so the trick was mostly balancing his professional interests with a degree of warmth.

"Nice to see you in class today. Everything going alright? That teacher's kind of messed in the head."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 03:58 PM
Lauren

Lauren follows Miki. Knowing where she is going, and trying to stay out of sight of Kaito.

OOC-12 to hide.

Neon Knight
2009-04-21, 03:59 PM
"Yeah, Miss Vixon is a little strange. But things are... alright." Miki doesn't seem to relsih the current topic and quickly tries to change it. "So, um, what were you doing while I was at tennis practice?"

exmachina00
2009-04-21, 04:11 PM
"Hanging out, mostly. Played a pick-up soccer game."

Kaito continued to stroll down the sidewalk, hands in his pockets, glancing from side to side every so often as a precautionary measure. That he was on the road-side and she was on the inside of the sidewalk was another one of those, as was the small-caliber pistol he kept somewhere on his person.

Neon Knight
2009-04-21, 04:24 PM
Miki studied him carefully. "What about that stuff you had to do? Were you just waiting for me?" She was mildly suspicious that someone like him had suddenly volunteered to walk her home. He looked like the kind of guy that parent's warned their daughters about. She was more than a bit nervous in his presence and it showed, despite his warmth and genuine amiability.

exmachina00
2009-04-21, 04:39 PM
Kaito coughs a bit, stalling for time to collect his thoughts.

"I've had gunfights with entire terrorist cells that were way easier than this kind of thing..."

He glanced over at her briefly, oblivious to Lauren's pursuit, and shrugged. "Well... yeah. I know I'm a rough guy and you're a nice girl, but I don't have a lot of friends and you're polite even when I'm being a punk, so..."

He trails off, looking down at the ground. This was uncomfortably blurring the line between mission and reality, but if he had to get close to her to protect her, then... maybe him liking her could be an advantage. He ignored the quiet voice in the back of his head calling him a hypocrite for constantly criticizing others who let their feelings get in the way of the job; it was surprisingly easy to do so.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 04:44 PM
Lauren

Lauren continues following, humming the pink panther theme softly.

mmm-hmm. Mm-hmm. Mmm-hmm-mmm-hmm-mmm-hmm mmm-hmm MMM-HMMM!

ninja_penguin
2009-04-21, 04:44 PM
Nina Morozov

Along the rooftops, Nina continued her pace along the rooftops of the buildings that lined the streets along the way to Miki's house with her combat helmet up. "Agent codename Shadow is currently accompanying subject along standard path to dwelling. Will engage immediately in event of route deviation."her mechanical voice rasped. "Will engage Agent codename Phantom to ascertain intentions if he disengages from subject without hostility."

Neon Knight
2009-04-21, 04:47 PM
"O-oh..." Miki focused on the ground in front of her feet for a second. Then she looked up at him with a tentative smile. "T-that's okay. You, um, you just need to be honest about that sort of thing, o-okay?"

They were getting close to Miki's apartment. "So, um, you said you lived in this direction? Where, exactly?"

exmachina00
2009-04-21, 05:14 PM
Kaito barely managed a faint grin of his own. Only years of harsh training let him avoid the barest hint of a blush. This was absurd. He practically grew up on the battlefield, had more bullet wounds than he had birthdays, and a teenage girl with a cute smile was tripping him up!

Ignoring the wayward praise for her floating through his head, Kaito nodded and indicated the other side of the street about two blocks away: another nondescript apartment complex. "Over there. I live with my cousin and his wife." There. A straightforward question. Easy enough to regain his composure now...

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 05:18 PM
Agent Brighthand

Seems to be getting pretty close. I should investigate this Kaito.

Siren
2009-04-21, 06:04 PM
Vivian Vixon

"Ok then your loss."

Vivian changes and having messed around too long lost the chance to follow the target with Brighthand.

I guess I will have to get in contact with the little missy later.

Neon Knight
2009-04-21, 06:20 PM
Miki felt guilty. She'd been treating Kaito like he was a sleaze, but he hadn't done anything untoward or out of line. "I'm living with my aunt and uncle, so I know what that's like, kind of."

They'd reached the walkway to Miki's apartment building. she faced him directly and played with the strap to her bookbag, uncertain of what to say for a second. Then, she said, "..Thank you, Kaito. It was really nice of you to go out of your way to walk me home." She gave him a real smile, with more shyness than reluctance or unease. "I'll... see you tomorrow, then?"

exmachina00
2009-04-21, 06:30 PM
Kaito dips his head slightly and offers a brief smile of his own. "I was glad to walk with you; it was fun. I'll see you tomorrow morning."

He waits long enough to see her disappear into the complex, smiles to himself, and then turns away to continue walking down the street. Perhaps this assignment would even be... enjoyable? Hard to reconcile with his previous experiences, full of blood and gun-smoke, but... perhaps.

Neon Knight
2009-04-21, 06:39 PM
Once inside, Miki looked around for her aunt and uncle. As usual, they were nowhere to be found. They'd been staying away from the apartment more and more recently. Miki didn't mind, really. She'd never been particularly close to them, and recently there had been a distance between them.

She stayed in her school uniform for now. She went to her bedroom and put her cellphone on the nightstand. So far, she hadn't gotten any calls from her friends, but they'd probably call her soon. It had been a while since she'd gone out with her friends. Surely, they were missing her.

She lay down on the bed, hugging a pillow to her chest, and waited for her phone to ring. She'd fall asleep waiting...

This is your chance to do anything particular that you wanted to do. The backup teams can watch Miki's apartment, for a while at least, so you can move around and do stuff.

Siren
2009-04-21, 06:45 PM
Shadow Tail

Back at her place not that far from the target in case of an emergency Shadow Tail changes into her agent gear. She always felt more professional wearing it. It is a skintight bodysuit cut low in the front down to her navel. Then she gets on her link with Brighthand.

"Brighthand, this is Shadow Tail. You available to talk to me about today?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 06:48 PM
Brighthand

Of course I am. She's currently in a tree outside Miki's apartment. She's talking to her via electric power. Cause electricity totally works that way. Dig it.

OOC: Four for sneaking.

Siren
2009-04-21, 06:50 PM
Shadow Tail

Shadow sits back.

"Notice anything suspicious?"

ninja_penguin
2009-04-21, 06:57 PM
Nina Morozov

About a block away from Miki's apartment, Nina dropped to the sidewalk a few paces behind Kaito, combat helmet up. "Continue walking, agent codename Phantom, and there will be no hostilities." she droned.

exmachina00
2009-04-21, 07:05 PM
Kaito twitched briefly as he heard the rushing air and the sound of someone landing behind him, but forced himself to remain calm. As the droning voice came from behind him, he nodded slightly and continued at a steady pace.

His expression shifted, and when he next spoke, the words didn't come from the rebellious, uncouth Miroku Kaito, but from the legendary commando, the hero of one thousand battles... Phantom.

"Not a problem. So, then... which agency are you from? I know you're not with Orion; they'd just kill me and be done with it."

ninja_penguin
2009-04-21, 07:14 PM
Nina Morozov

"You do not possess the requisite security clearance." Nina responded, never changing in tone or cadence. "What is the nature of your interactions with subject Miki Inoue?"

exmachina00
2009-04-21, 07:19 PM
"I'm here to protect her from Orion. As long as you're not here to abduct or assassinate her, we have no quarrel."

Phantom, meanwhile, shifted his shoulders from side to side, flexing his hands and otherwise loosening up. She was either an android or a cyborg; either way, if things got ugly, he was ready.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 07:20 PM
Lauren

Lauren watches the pair, unable to determine what they are saying.

She talks to Shadow Tail. Currently observing one student and one abnormal outside of Miki's apartment.

Siren
2009-04-21, 07:24 PM
Shadow Tail

"Do you want me to come relieve you for a while?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 07:26 PM
Brighthand

No, I am fine. You may want to investigate Student Sherwood. The subject was seen setting up surveillance around the building. I disabled the ones in the change room. You're welcome.

ninja_penguin
2009-04-21, 07:30 PM
Nina Morozov

"Then our objectives appear to overlap, and we have no quarrel." Nina replied. "Upon verification of this information you will be added to the operational theater." Kaito/Phantom would hear another sound of movement, catching Nina vaulting up the fire escape of a nearby building and disappearing over the roof if he looked.

exmachina00
2009-04-21, 07:37 PM
Phantom shook his head, exhaled lightly, and resumed his previous slouchy demeanor, sliding his bandana down over his eyebrows to partially conceal his eyes.

Just before he turned into his apartment complex, Kaito paused, turned halfway, and extended his arm toward Lauren's hiding place. With index finger pointing at her and thumb crooked, he jerked it slightly in a gun-firing motion while mouthing 'bang!', then grinned and started up the stairs two at a time.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 07:49 PM
Lauren

Lauren jumps down from the tree. And follows Kaito, knowing that she has lost her cover.

exmachina00
2009-04-21, 08:00 PM
Kaito's waiting on the third floor, leaning against the balcony railing, arms draped over the edge. He eyes Lauren with mild amusement. "What's up? Stalking me?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 08:01 PM
Lauren

You could say that. She turns off the link to Shadow Tail.

Who was that earlier? Lauren means business.

Siren
2009-04-21, 08:03 PM
Shadow Tail

Shadow didn't bother saying anything in return. The uppity rookie didn't deserve an answer. Shadow started over to her computer and looked up Sherwood. Then she took that information and looked up more about him on the S.P.E.R.M. site.

What would she be able to find?

exmachina00
2009-04-21, 08:05 PM
Kaito raises his hands in mock-surrender, still smiling slightly. "I have no idea. She appeared behind me, told me to keep looking forward, asked weird questions, and left. You her sister?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 08:07 PM
Lauren

Not at all. I have no siblings as far as I know.

Now, what else did she say? Lauren takes a step forward, her hand at her side clenching into a fist.

exmachina00
2009-04-21, 08:10 PM
Kaito shrugs, lifting himself off the railing and bracing his hands on it. He seems oblivious to her closed fist. "I didn't pay much attention. I was worried that she was going to rob me or something."

He glances down at her appraisingly, eyebrow lifted. "Why? You jealous?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-21, 08:14 PM
Lauren

What? Not at all. She removes one of her gloves, the one that was on her clenched hand. Why did you offer to walk Miki home?

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-21, 08:21 PM
Sherwood sighed as he closed up his laptop. Not a lot of information. Miss Inoue was an average student, slightly worse grades in English then he other subjects. He only notable attribute was an odd number of sickdays.

"Ah well, can't expect everything to be a font of information."

With that, he walked down the road to the Apartment Inoue resided in. He looked about, and sighed as he failed to see Lauren. Either she wasn't there, or he couldn't see her. He sighed, and just entered the building oppisite Miki's. He was renting a small apartment there. It was in the name of Harold Lockman, a very nonexistent Deep Sea Fisherman. He settled into a chair he set by the window, and pulled out his Laptop, setting his Binocular's beside it.

A long night of hopefully fruitless watching...

Guancyto
2009-04-21, 09:07 PM
Sharell von Murfel

It's a good night for stargazing. Or at least, that's what Sharell would probably say if you asked her what she was doing flat on her stomach on a rooftop with a telescope. And hot cocoa.

She takes a sip now and then, adjusting and panning the view as necessary, the only other sound being the occasional click. She isn't particularly hiding, but she isn't particularly nearby, either.

Neon Knight
2009-04-21, 09:32 PM
Those watching Miki's apartment noticed something alarming. At around 10:51 P.M., Miki herself stepped outside.

She'd taken off her uniform and was dressed in a pair of knee high boots, a long, swishy skirt, and an adorable pink blouse.

She had woken up to find that she'd slept through the entire afternoon. Feeling a bit upset, she decided that she'd go to her favorite spot in the park and watch the night sky to cheer herself up. She also had her headphones and a MP3 player loaded with her favorite classical pieces.

Miki quietly walked away from the apartment and into the city night.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-21, 09:39 PM
The first of the watchers took action. As Miki stepped outside, Sherwood was busy packing up, before heading down as well. He wouldn't let anything distract him from his charge. He hadn't changed clothes, as remaining in the Uniform didn't bother him. He slipped outside, his bookbag beside him, falling his charge on silent feet.

Got a 18 on my sneaking check

Guancyto
2009-04-21, 10:01 PM
Really, the instincts on that girl were legendary. Epic, even.

Still, she wouldn't be the one to judge. After a few minutes with an internet search on her cellphone getting an idea of on the target's destination, she hops down and goes for a refreshing jog.

Something to get the blood in her legs flowing again.

ninja_penguin
2009-04-21, 10:33 PM
Nina Morozov

Calculating statistical probability of multiple agencies independently converging on identical target matter....correlating known psychological baselines of agent codename Phantom to probability of deception in assignment...[Dataflow interrupt]

Nina's eyes snapped open from her semi-meditative state that she had been in while the backup team had kept its eyes on Miki's apartment, and Nina had begun compiling her assessment of the situation. Subject schedule pattern deviation the message read. Nina pushed aside her assessments from her mind, quickly moving across the rooftops to where the backup team had determiend Miki had been heading. "Standard nighttime procedure shadowing." she said "Moving vantage point to pedestrian level." A few controlled leaps later and Nina moved out of the alley, shadowing Miki. A quick sweep of her eyes back and forth revealed nothing out of the ordinary, and Nina slipped into the shadows to avoid detection.

OOC: Stalking insta-win, but a 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6022161&postcount=29) to see anybody, so I don't think I notice anybody else right now.

exmachina00
2009-04-22, 01:12 AM
(Rewinding a bit...)

Kaito frowned slightly, then moved to start walking up the stairs again. "Because I like her. Why is it any of your business?"

Shades of Gray
2009-04-22, 01:14 AM
Lauren

Nothing. Suffice it to say that many people are interested in that Miki girl. Many people, you may have some competition. She flexes the fingers of her gloveless hand.

exmachina00
2009-04-22, 01:15 AM
Kaito continues walking up the stairs. "I don't care. I'm not competing for anything."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-22, 01:17 AM
Lauren

Very well then. You may know that many people are competing against Miki. And I'm not talking about Hikaru... Lauren puts her hand on the railing. If Kaito was touching it he should feel a sudden shock.

exmachina00
2009-04-22, 01:21 AM
Kaito twitches and jerks his hand away from the railing. He pauses at the top of the stairs and turns back partially to look down at Lauren. "If you're trying to make some kind of point, just go on and say it already. I don't have time for veiled comments."

Shades of Gray
2009-04-22, 01:24 AM
Lauren

Based on observed behavior I believe that you are either a member of Orion, or are working for some group to protect Miki Inoue.

exmachina00
2009-04-22, 01:26 AM
Kaito just rolls his eyes and continues up the stairs at a remarkably brisk pace.

Shades of Gray
2009-04-22, 01:29 AM
Lauren

Fine. Be that way. Well you certainly are a lot more suspicious than the other two people protecting her I've discovered. Lauren walks down the stairs, going the opposite direction.

exmachina00
2009-04-22, 01:36 AM
"Amateur."

That's the last thing Lauren will be able to hear from Kaito before he disappears into the apartment complex.

Phantom generally didn't require much sleep, but he was slightly perturbed when Miki disrupted her usual pattern and went for a nighttime stroll. Concerned more about her safety from thieves and muggers than the threat Orion itself posed, he quickly shifted from his usual observation perch and started making his way across the rooftops, watching her from above.

(OOC: I got 4 on both my check to avoid detection and my check to detect. This board's dice-roller is terrible.)

Shades of Gray
2009-04-22, 01:40 AM
Lauren

Lauren, below, walking to her apartment, waves to the passing Kaito. She can see her mouth "amateur".

OOC: Got an 8.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-22, 01:52 AM
Sherwood sees someone dashing along the rooftops, and looked up considering. They could be trailing Miki, or they could be involved in some other task that took them along the same path. He could go and confront them, but he'd risk losing Miki.

The best choice is to just leave hiding. I'll greet Ms. Inoue like I was just a suprised classmate.

Sherwood, having found a plan, put it into action. He slipped around a building, and when Miki was about to pass in front of it, walked out, almost bumping into her. He put on a look of suprise.

"Ms. Inoue? A suprise to see you out so late."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-22, 01:54 AM
OOC: I thought this was in the Dice Roller Thread. I'm sorry.

Rolling Cunning, in case Miki wants an explanation of what he is out doing so late.

[roll0]

Neon Knight
2009-04-22, 07:52 AM
As Miki walked through the night, she began to get a little nervous. She was starting at shadows, so when she almost walked into Sherwood she took a quick step back and gave a little yelp of fright.

"S-sherwood! What are you doing here?"

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-22, 02:48 PM
Sherwood shrugged at her, smiling in a vague manner.

"Not to much, I'm afraid. I have trouble getting to sleep some days, so I take a walk to calm down and unwind. Sometime I go to to the park, others I just walk along the streets."

Sherwood hoped she bought it. Lying wasn't his forte, and he didn't like doing it. But telling her she was a target of a terrorist organization and he was a secret agent here to protect her wasn't the best idea either.

"You out for similar reasons?"

Neon Knight
2009-04-22, 03:19 PM
"Oh." Miki smiled sheepishly at Sherwood. "Y-yeah, that's why I'm out. I'm sorry about my rudeness. I just... you scared me, a little."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-22, 03:39 PM
Sherwood gave an apologetic bow.

"That was not my intention. And no need to apologize, it was my fault entirely. Would you mind some company?"

Sherwood asked in as innocous fashion as possible.

"While I'm not particularly dangerous, there are those out there which would wish a beautiful woman harm. Tis a shame, but what can you do? I'm not particuraly fearsome, like that fellow you walked home with, but..."

Sherwood shrugged, moving on. Speaking to much about his own weakness could backfire. It would make it hard for her to believe him when and if he revealed his identity.

"Besides, I could do with some conversation with a friend."

Neon Knight
2009-04-22, 03:46 PM
Miki smiled at him. "I don't mind. I was heading to the park. That's okay with you, right?"

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-22, 03:52 PM
Sherwood nodded, and then laughed a little.

"Well since I was the one who asked to walk with you, would be a little churlish to disagree with the destination. But yes, I enjoy the park as well."

Sherwood gave a light shrug. He looked over at her, and noticed the MP3 player.

"What kind of Music do you listening to?"

Neon Knight
2009-04-22, 04:31 PM
"I listen to classical music. When I was a little girl I took piano lessons. I don't anymore, but I still like the sound." Miki began walking towards the park.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-22, 05:03 PM
Sherwood nodded. He approved. He enjoyed quite a number of different kinds of music, but he approved of people who enjoyed classical. A dying breed, sadly enough, it seemed.

"Which composers do you prefer? I'm a great fan of Holst and Brahm's myself."

Sherwood fell in beside her, smiling lightly. Talking about music was a pleasant enough past time.

Neon Knight
2009-04-22, 05:50 PM
"Oh, I listen to Chopin and Tchaikovsky, mostly." They were approaching the park gate...

I'd like a check from everyone following Miki, please. Use whatever attribute best represents your perceptive abilities.

exmachina00
2009-04-22, 06:02 PM
Phantom took a running leap off the final rooftop, landing briefly on the park wall only to jump once more, perching in a nearby tree. He wasn't particularly concerned with Sherwood; unless Orion's hiring practices had diminished or it was going through a rough patch financially, he was unlikely to be targeting her.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-04-22, 06:06 PM
Sherwood nodded, and stayed silent for a moment.

"So tell me, what is that fellow you left school with like? His dress and demeanor proclaim him a delinquent, but I dislike making quick judgments."

Sherwood's voice didn't put any particular emphasis on it. He noticed Miki's Stalker (well, her other stalker) enter the park. He was very happy to see that.

Much rather he be unconcerned with us...

Sherwood got a 20 on his check.

ninja_penguin
2009-04-22, 06:11 PM
Nina Morozov

Nina followed Miki and Sherwood into the park, far enough behind them to avoid notice. For future consideration: being logging patterns of subject acquaintances in order to determine when schedules and activites deviate from norm.

OOC: A 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6024887&postcount=35), wooooo.

Siren
2009-04-22, 07:34 PM
Shadow Tail

Shadow Tail got off the computer without having gotten anymore information than she started with. She made a resolution to get more information tomorrow.

Guancyto
2009-04-22, 09:21 PM
Sharell threads her way along the streets to the park, and busies herself with feeding some squirrels. Sherwood isn't nearly so suspicious as half the people currently in the park, but that doesn't make him innocent.

(Three, sir! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6024887&postcount=36))

Neon Knight
2009-04-22, 10:08 PM
Miki paused. "Kaito? Oh, he's nice. You shouldn't judge him by how he looks."

Nothing was out of place that the agents noticed...