PDA

View Full Version : DnD playlist

Froogleyboy
2009-04-19, 06:29 PM
I'v heard ppl mention before that they have playlist on there I-pods that they play during dnd and i'm workin on one and i wana here bout yalls.
so post away! :smile:

Ravyn
2009-04-19, 07:13 PM
Playlist is a bit of an understatement. I put most of my music to use in my games, though I have a few favorites depending on use. I've done a lot with the soundtracks from Seirei no Moribito, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, and Noir, for instance, I'm exceedingly fond of the Celestial Aeon Project (http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=48147), and I borrow heavy from a number of other instrumental CDs from various sources. Epica's The Score has been useful as well, though the songs change in mood in midstream, so I'm a tad reluctant to use them. I'm currently working through my overall list; I play a tune, listen to it, type out the initial impressions I get from it, then move on to the next one.

In general, I prefer my songs instrumental, as I only have to worry about what the music's saying and not what the words are doing, and there's no risk of me getting distracted trying to sing alone. Occasionally, though, something fits the scene well enough that I can make an exception. For me, the most important thing is to stick to music that my players won't have prior images from, or at least won't quite remember what it pans to; that way, I don't have to worry about cognitive dissonance, as what they're supposed to be seeing and what they're remembering from the tune don't mesh.