Level: Sor/Wiz 0
Components: S
Casting Time: 1 Swift Action
Range: Close (25' + 5'/2 levels)
Effect: 6" hand
Duration: 1 round

Bigby's Inappropriate Gesture creates a small magic hand
that appears between you and one opponent. This floating hand
rudely gestures to the opponent for 1 round and then dissipates.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-08-17, 01:30 PM
A spell very much like this appears in the Munchkin Player's Handbook.

MetalKelt
2006-08-17, 01:37 PM
Ah, I was unaware of that, having not had the time/money to buy/read every single gaming book I would like to.

Grey Watcher
2006-08-17, 01:42 PM
Bigby's Inappropriate Gesture
Evocation
Level: Sor/Wiz 0
Casting Time: 1 Swift Action
Effect: 6" hand
Duration: 1 round

Bigby's Inappropriate Gesture creates a small magic hand
that appears between you and one opponent. This floating hand
rudely gestures to the opponent for 1 round and then dissipates.

If it doesn't have any rules effect at all, I can't imagine a caster using it. Heck, even Prestidigitation (or however you spell it), is more useful. I mean, it's only a cantrip, so it can't do THAT much, but maybe it could be used to disrupt concentration, or SOMETHING, I dunno.

Still, it's a fun little spell, and an interesting way to taunt the DM, or another player in PvP, I guess. :-)

IonizedChicken
2006-08-17, 04:04 PM
^ you crazy? it's awesome. I'd use it all the time. Oh, change the casting time to immediate. It would be awesome to cast it at someone who misses you or something. Maybe you could justify a -1 to attack rolls for 1 round if the fail a Will save 'cuz they're angry.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-08-17, 04:06 PM
Ah, I was unaware of that, having not had the time/money to buy/read every single gaming book I would like to.

Hey, it's no biggie. The Munchkin's PH is very much a parody of D&D, not an official supplement.

TheThan
2006-08-17, 04:28 PM
so are we going to see SB's double deuce any time soon?

Fax Celestis
2006-08-17, 04:54 PM
Mordenkainen's Obscene Gesture of Disrespect! Tenser's Floating Finger! Melf's Acid Trip! Otiluke's Resonating Smackdown! Tasha's Hideous Figure! Otto's Irresistable Daughter!

...these are spells we need.

martyboy74
2006-08-17, 05:00 PM
Mordenkainen's Obscene Gesture of Disrespect! Tenser's Floating Finger! Melf's Acid Trip! Otiluke's Resonating Smackdown! Tasha's Hideous Figure! Otto's Irresistable Daughter!

So, would Otto's Irresistable Daughter be Conjuration or Illusion?

Fax Celestis
2006-08-17, 05:04 PM
So, would Otto's Irresistable Daughter be Conjuration or Illusion?
I would actually think it'd be Transmutation.

The Demented One
2006-08-17, 05:34 PM

May I?

Aganazzer's Ready Light
Evocation: Fire
Level: Bard 0, Sorcerer/Wizard 0
Casting Time: 1 swift action
Range: Touch
Target: Cigar, pipe, or similar touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell immediately lights a single cigar, pipe, or similar smokeable. The heat it produces is not enough to deal any damage.

Barlen's Pinching Claws
Transmutation
Level: Bard 0, Sorcerer/Wizard 0
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Target: Creature touched

You make a touch attack against your target. If you succeed, it feels a crab-like pinching, and takes 1d3 points of damage. This is especially distracting if he was in the middle of casting a spell. The damage dealt is treated as being 3 higher for determing the DC of the Concentration check to avoid losing the spell.

Material Component:
The freshly steamed claw of a crab, consumed during the casting of the spell.

Bigby’s Floating Finger
Evocation [Force]
Level: Bard 1, Sorcerer/Wizard 1
Components: V, S
Range: Short (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: Magical hand
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Saving Throw: Will negates (see text)
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell creates an immobile, floating, medium-size hand of force that immediately begins giving a rude gesture to all enemies. Any enemy that sees the hand must make a Will save or be forced to attack in preference to you or your allies. It does not have to attack the hand, but it may not attack you or your allies until the hand is destroyed or its duration runs out. It takes damage as a normal creature, but most magical effects that don’t cause damage do not affect it. The hand has an AC of 10 and 1 hp per caster level. The hand automatically fails all saves. Disintegrate or a successful dispel magic destroys it.

Bigby's Obscene Gesture of Disrespect
Level: Bard 2, Sorcerer/Wizard 3
Duration: 1 minute/level (D)

This spell, functions as Bigby's Floating Finger except that you may move the hand 10 ft. as a move action. In addition, the hand has an AC or 20 (+10 natural), has 5 hp per caster level, and makes saving throws as its caster.

Kelgore's Luminous Lightbulb
Conjuration and Evocation (Creation) [Light]
Level: Sorcerer/Wizard
Range: 0 ft.
Effect: Floating lightbulb
Duration: 1 hour/level

This spell conjures a glowing glass sphere, which shines as a torch and orbits your head, much like an ioun stone. In addition, as a move action, you may attempt a DC 15 Intelligence check to double the range of the sphere's light for 1d6 rounds.

Leomund's Instant Alehouse
Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Bard 1, Sorcerer/Wizard 2

Probably responsible for all the other spells detailed here, this spell functions as Leomund's Secure Shelter, except as above and that the building created is neither protected by arcane lock nor alarm and is not staffed by unseen servants. It is, however, stocked with five kegs of ale. The ale reverts to lukewarm water if removed from the instant alehouse.

Material Component:
A mug full of ale. The ale created by the spell is of the some kind the mug is filled with.

Leomund's Pet Shelter
Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 0
Effect: 5 square ft. structure

Originally developed to house a young Leomund's familiar, this spell functions as Leomund's Secure Shelter, except as above and that the building created is neither protected by arcane lock nor alarm and is not staffed by unseen servants.

Melf’s Acid Trip
Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 2
Range: 40 ft.
Area: Cone-shaped burst
Duration: Instantaneous, then 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates

This spell creates a cone of acid (not the “AHH MY FACE!” kind, the “Let’s listen to Pink Floyd” kind). All creatures caught in it must save or become fascinated, as the hypnotism spell.

Material Component:
25 gp worth of hallucenogenic substances.

Mordenkainen's Faithful Hamster
Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 1
Effect: Phantom hamster
Duration: 1 minute/caster level or until discharged, then 1 round/caster level; see text

This spell functions as Mordenkainen's faithful hound, except as above and as follows. The hamster only reacts to creatures that come within 10 ft. of it, is incapable of seeing invisible or ethereal creatures, reacts to figments as if they were real, and squeaks alarmedly, rather than barks. It may only attack creatures in its space. The hamster has a +1 attack bonus and deals 1d4 points of piercing damage.

Material Component:
A bottle of water, a handful of hamster pellets, and a spinning wheel.

Mordenkainen's Mystic Mumbo-Jumbo
Universal
Range: 30 ft.
Area: 30 ft. radius burst, centered on you
Duration: See text
Saving Throw: See text

This amazingly random spell unleashes a nova of energy. For each creature in the area of the spell, roll 1d100 to see how it is affected, any saves the effect allows, and the duration of the effect.

{table]
Roll
Effect
Duration
Save
1-15Turned a random color of the caster's choice1 hour/levelWill negates
16-25Marked with caster's arcane markPermanentWill negates
26-35Charmed1 hour/levelWill negates
36-45Falls asleep1 minute/levelWill negates
46-55Stunned1 roundFortitude negates
56-65Confused1 roundWill negates
66-75Takes on appearance of race most hated by target1 hour/levelFortitude negates
76-80Loses ability to speak CommonPermanentWill negates
81-85Gender becomes opposite of what it wasPermanentFortitude negates
86-90Blinded1 round/levelWill negates
91-95Deafened1 round/levelWill negates
96-99Paralyzed1 round/levelWill negates
100Reduced to 0 hpInstantaneousFortitude negates
[/table]
Nybor's Insistent Reminder
Transmutation
Level: Sorc/Wiz 0
Components: V, S, F
Casting Time: 1 minute
Target: Paper touched
Duration: Permament

This spell inscribes a single reminder, no longer than 2 words/level, on a sheet of paper. Whenever the information stored in the reminder becomes critical for the caster to recall, the reminder levitates in front of his face, as long as it remains in the caster's possession.

Otiluke’s Irresistible Daughter
Transmutation
Duration: 1 minute/level
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

This spell perfects its target’s face and body, working them into a thing of beauty. The target gains a +10 circumstance bonus on all Charisma-based skill checks made to influence creatures of the opposite gender. This bonus increases to +20 at caster level 5th and +30 at caster level 9th.

Ottiluke's Irresistible Daughter counters and dispels Tasha's Hideous Figure.

Material Components:
10 gp worth of make-up.

Otiluke’s Resonating Smackdown
Evocation [Force]
Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 4
Components: V, S, F
Target: One creature
Saving Throw: Reflex partial

You make a touch attack, bitch-slapping your target. If you succeed, it takes unarmed strike damage, is knocked back 5 ft. per caster level, and is knocked prone. If it succeeds, the distance it is knocked back is halved and it is not knocked prone.

Focus:
A black leather glove, worn on the hand used to deliver the bitch-slap.

Rary's Telepathic John
Divination
Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1
Target: One latrine, toilet, or similar
Duration: Permanent
Saving Throw: Will negates (see text)

This poorly thought out spell grants a single latrine, commode, or similar to telepathically communicate with any creature that sits on it. The toilet does not receive any mental scores, leaving its communication abilities similar to those of a rock that the stone tell spell used to speak with--that is to say, not much. Sitting on a telepathic toilet is a somewhat disturbing event, and any creature that uses it must make a Will save or be shaken for 1d10 minutes after.

Rary's Telepathic Lawn
Divination
Target: One lawn no larger than 25 square feet per level
Duration: Permanent

This ill-conceived spell permanently grants a single lawn the ability to telepathically communicate with any creature within 100 ft. of it. It does this non-stop. The lawn does not receive any mental scores, leaving its communication abilities similar to those of a rock that the stone tell spell used to speak with--that is to say, not much. Because the lawn's persistent telepathy is so annoying, all casters within the range of its telepathy are distracted and must make a DC 15 Concentration check to cast any spells.

Material Component:
Three pounds of fertilizer mixed with the ground-up tentacles of an Illithid.

Tasha’s Hideous Figure
Transmutation
Duration: 1 minute/level
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates

This spell mars its target’s face and body, twisting them into a thing of wretched ugliness. The target takes a -10 penalty on all Charisma-based skill checks made to influence creatures of the opposite gender. This penalty increases to -20 at caster level 5th and -30 at caster level 9th.

Tasha's Hideous Figure counters and dispels Ottiluke's Irresistible Daughter.

Material Component:
10 gp worth of make-up dissolved in a vial of acid.

Tasha's Sarcastic Messenger
Enchantment (Mind-Affecting, Language Dependant)
Level: Sor/Wiz 2
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature or object
Duration: Permanent until discharged
Saving Throw: No

This spell imbues the chosen object or creature with an enchanted mouth that suddenly appears and viciously taunts the next creature to touch the object. The taunted creature must make A DC 13 Cha check to come up with a sufficiently witty retort. If he fails, he takes 1d6 points of Cha damage.

Material Component:
The tongue of a being with Cha 13 or greater, dissolved in 10 gp worth of acid.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-17, 05:43 PM
D1, I love you.*

*disclaimer: in a completely platonic, non-sexual, non-creepy sort of way.

martyboy74
2006-08-17, 05:45 PM
I think that Tasha's Hideous Figure should counter and dispel Otto's Irresistable Daughter.

The Demented One
2006-08-17, 06:00 PM
I think that Tasha's Hideous Figure should counter and dispel Otto's Irresistable Daughter.
Yeah, I'm about to revise a few and add some more.

TheOOB
2006-08-17, 06:03 PM
My D&D group often refers to Major Image as "The Hand of God" for such uses as this. Sure Silent Image can do the same thing, but and sound of a angel chorus during the spells effect makes it worth a 3rd level spell slot...sometimes.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-17, 06:15 PM
My D&D group often refers to Major Image as "The Hand of God" for such uses as this. Sure Silent Image can do the same thing, but and sound of a angel chorus during the spells effect makes it worth a 3rd level spell slot...sometimes.
"Haaaaaaalelujiah! Heeeeeeeeeeeeere's the finger! Hallelujiah! Hallelujiah! Ha-aaleeeluuuuu-jiaaaaah!"

Fax Celestis
2006-08-17, 06:19 PM
RARY'S TELEPATHIC LAWN! AWESOME!

Now, what about, Bigby's Impotent Hand. Kelgore's Lightbulb, and Leomund's Pet Shelter?

martyboy74
2006-08-17, 06:28 PM
RARY'S TELEPATHIC LAWN! AWESOME!

Now, what about, Bigby's Impotent Hand. Kelgore's Lightbulb, and Leomund's Pet Shelter?
What, does Kelgore's Lightbulb appear above your head and give you a bonus to Intelligience based checks?

Fax Celestis
2006-08-17, 06:46 PM
What, does Kelgore's Lightbulb appear above your head and give you a bonus to Intelligience based checks?
Perhaps.

EDIT: Thinking about it, Otiluke's Resounding Smackdown is actually quite powerful. Especially since at CL 9, that's forty five feet.

The Demented One
2006-08-17, 06:48 PM
Bigby's Impotent Hand
Do I even want to know what this one does?

Fax Celestis
2006-08-17, 06:55 PM
Do I even want to know what this one does?

I was under the impression it didn't do anything.

The Demented One
2006-08-17, 07:00 PM
I was under the impression it didn't do anything.
Oh, thaat kind of impotence. Nah, spells that don't do anything at all don't really strike me as anything interesting.

DMgrinder
2006-08-17, 08:18 PM
I love all the spells you guys have made up.

At last night DnD meet, the wizard cast open on a cambatants pants.

Randomman413
2006-08-17, 08:26 PM
Bigby's Impotent Hand
Evocation
Level: Sor/Wiz 1
Casting Time: 1 Standard Action
Effect: 6" hand that moves in a grabbing motion
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving throw: Fort. partial

The hand created by this spell grabs a male opponent 'below the belt' so to speak. If the target makes their Fortitude save, they are only stunned for 1 round. Of they fail, they may take only 1 action per round so long as the spell is in effect. This spell has no effect on creatures with no discernible anatomy or 'soft spot', one might say.

TheThan
2006-08-17, 08:27 PM
I would have cast knock on the pants instead.

Har har har

*slaps knee*

CockroachTeaParty
2006-08-17, 11:15 PM
I'm adding all of these to my spellbook, post-haste.

theswarm
2006-08-18, 12:31 AM
Fear the bitch-slapping magic hand of DEATH!!!! love it!!!
must add all of these to my spellbook

The Demented One
2006-08-18, 12:38 AM
Fear the bitch-slapping magic hand of DEATH!!!! love it!!!
must add all of these to my spellbook

I've got more in my "Everyone Makes Mistakes" thread.

NullAshton
2006-08-18, 11:14 AM
D1, I love you.*

*disclaimer: in a completely platonic, non-sexual, non-creepy sort of way.

Doesn't love in a platonic sense means you flirt with each other and stuff? A love relationship without the sex, basically...

GeeVee
2006-08-18, 11:37 AM
This spell creates a cone of acid (not the “AHH MY FACE!” kind, the “Let’s listen to Pink Floyd” kind).

...You have no idea how much it annoys me when people think Pink Floyd is a stoner band...

Anyway, these spells have GOT to be published somewhere!

Fax Celestis
2006-08-18, 01:23 PM
Doesn't love in a platonic sense means you flirt with each other and stuff? A love relationship without the sex, basically...
Platonic: Transcending physical desire and tending toward the purely spiritual or ideal.

Jarl
2006-08-18, 02:21 PM
...You have no idea how much it annoys me when people think Pink Floyd is a stoner band...

They're a psychadelica band.

-Some people can't tell the difference.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-18, 02:26 PM
As for Pink Floyd, they aren't a stoner band, but stoners certainly like listening to them.

Jarl
2006-08-18, 02:55 PM
As for Pink Floyd, they aren't a stoner band, but stoners certainly like listening to them.
Actually, I just recently saw a picture of Syd when they were starting out. That is *exactly* the look Emo guys are going for, it seems.

-He was hot. They tend to be not.