PDA

View Full Version : Invoker related questions

Reverent-One
2009-04-19, 08:08 PM
So, I'm playing an Invoker in a campaign and had a couple of questions. The first is on the level 1 encounter power Thunder of Judgement does the daze effect on the target only happen if I target one enemy like the extra damage, or does it happen if I target more than one?

Also, how can I maximize my push/pull/slide capabilities, other than simply picking powers that force such movement, if I can beyond that?
EDIT: Related to that, if I use a power that lets me forcibly move a target, do I have to move it the maximum number of squares? Like say, if I use Divine Call (Level 2 Util), do I have to pull the one or two allies the full 3 squares, or could I only pull them 1 or 2 squares instead?

tcrudisi
2009-04-19, 08:55 PM
In response to your question about Thunder of Judgment: every creature that you hit with this power will be dazed, whether you hit one, two, or all three.

Also, page 57 of the PHB says: "If a hit grants you the ability to compel the target to move, whether through forced movement or teleportation, you can move it any number of squares up to the number specified (or not move it at all, if you so choose)."

Saph
2009-04-19, 09:04 PM
Also, how can I maximize my push/pull/slide capabilities, other than simply picking powers that force such movement, if I can beyond that?

Taking the Wizard multiclass feat lets you pick up Thunderwave as an encounter power. Since you probably have a Wis of 18, that means you can push each target in a 3x3 area a total of 4 squares. Requires a good Int, though.

At lower levels, though, I think that's about it. I don't know of any feats that improve invoker forced movement. There's the Gauntlets of the Ram (PHB item, increases push effects by 1 square) but it's a level 8 item. I think AV has a few items that boost forced movement, but only as daily powers.

- Saph