PDA

View Full Version : [IC] Beneath the Mists of Arkenia

wadledo
2009-04-19, 08:21 PM
The day is lovely.
Despite the mists that crop up, and the general air of doom and gloom that seems to hang over Arkenia, today manages to be a beautiful, clear skyed day, a light breeze moving the air just enough to cool it.

As you walk down the broad avenues of Latsyrc-on-the-river, gazing over the sides of the arched bridges that span the River Dinm with countless other creatures of the mind, you feel a sense of excitement, or can at least sense that something significant is going to happen today.

What seems to be up to fate to decide.

-----------------------------------------

As you approach Mecental Square, the buzz of conversation washes over you, a somewhat large crowd of beings having taken over most of the available surfaces.
The only places to sit left are the street side restaurants, which seem to be checking if people have money before they allow them to be seated, handing out menus in a hurried and slap-dash manner.

Jack_Simth
2009-04-19, 09:45 PM
Onld Ert, not being overly burdened by what he carries, isn't too terribly concerned about simply standing there. Still, the crowd is quite dense, and Onld doesn't particularly wish to step on anyone's toes, so rather than pushing through the crowd, he just tries to get within a mile of the center of the crowd, gets off the street and near the wall in a local bistro, and sends his psicrystal, Kals, out to take a closer look, and relay back what it sees.

Kals, reasonably obedient, climbs up the buildings and over the walls to get close to the events, watch them, and relay back what's happening.

Pretending to check out the menu while mentally talking to Kals, Onld glances at the header on the menu, notes the name of the bistro as Watercrest, and idly wonders how long it will be before they notice that he's looking at the menu, but not actually ordering anything... of course, considering that the staff is only helping customers perfunctionally, he expects it will be quite some time... in the meanwhile, he has an eye in the sky, so to speak.

Activate Self-Propulsion for Kals (Psicrystal) and have it find a convenient wall to climb, to go take a closer look, bypassing the crowds of large critters. Psicrystal Takes 10 on all Climb checks (result: 24), and tries to stay out of sight, taking ten on Stealth checks (result: 24), and keeping it's "eyes" and "ears" open to see what's up.

Perception for Psicrystal: [roll0]

Dreamshifter
2009-04-20, 10:58 PM
The excitement of the day is contagious for many, but Anersha proves immune. Not that she isn't excited and cheerful, but that is her natural state, the way she lives. Still, seeing everyone like this is a wonderful change, even more so given recent events.

She has dragged Xirak shopping, mostly for essentials, but as she has argued all morning, just because it has to be practical and useful doesn't mean it can't look good as well. But she is low on cash now, and has had enough now. Upon entering Mecental Square, she sees the restaurants, and knocks on Xirak's chest armor. Rather than waiting for a response, she points, grabs his arm, and attempts to lead him in that direction.

Many choices are before her, and of them all, she picks the Watercrest, since it appeals to her on some level (which she can't explain). She drags her construct protector along, quickly sits, and orders the fifth item on the menu she is handed. "This place is hopping today, don't you think? Can't wait to see why. You gonna order anything, my metallic myth?"

Salvonus
2009-04-23, 08:22 AM
The excitement of the day is contagious for many, but Anersha proves immune. Not that she isn't excited and cheerful, but that is her natural state, the way she lives. Still, seeing everyone like this is a wonderful change, even more so given recent events.

She has dragged Xirak shopping, mostly for essentials, but as she has argued all morning, just because it has to be practical and useful doesn't mean it can't look good as well. But she is low on cash now, and has had enough now. Upon entering Mecental Square, she sees the restaurants, and knocks on Xirak's chest armor. Rather than waiting for a response, she points, grabs his arm, and attempts to lead him in that direction.

Many choices are before her, and of them all, she picks the Watercrest, since it appeals to her on some level (which she can't explain). She drags her construct protector along, quickly sits, and orders the fifth item on the menu she is handed. "This place is hopping today, don't you think? Can't wait to see why. You gonna order anything, my metallic myth?"

After seating himself tentatively on a chair of suspicious sturdiness, Xirak chuckled at his companion's question. "Not much point in that, is there? We both know that I hardly have need of food, wild one!" the construct responded in a deep, smooth voice, utilizing the affectionate nickname that described Anersha's personality so well. "It would be nice to taste things," Xirak mused, "I've always been a bit jealous of humans in that regard."

"Ah, a project for the distant future, I suppose! While my notes on the nature of my own neural processes have long since been lost, one would think that stimulation of certain 'brain' centres could have the desired effect. After all, I was, albeit unintentionally, constructed with the capacity for both pain, advanced emotions, and capacity for non-linear reasoning - in a sense, those two functions are what gifts me with actual sentience and that nebulous concept of a 'soul'. Given the unintentional side-effects encountered in my construction, it is certainly conceivable that the ability to discern and, indeed, draw pleasure from the various flavours found in food is a solvable problem. The sensory capacity may already exist, in fact - we both know that I can receive magical properties from consumable items, so I evidently have some sort of system for processing ingested substances. Perhaps all is needed is the codification of an additional pseudo-neural pathway to process the information that pre-existing sensors already generate. Unfortunately, my memories of comprehensive self-study of my own physiology are irretrievable, due to... certain psychic damage inflicted by a certain gamble of mine..."

Xirak's long-winded and one-sided discourse slowly trailed off, the construct dangerously close to reliving certain undesirable moments from the past. Just as a particularly painful memory threatened to resurface, Xirak snapped back to reality with a start. Looking up at his companion, he suddenly realised that he'd been thinking out loud for the past five minutes.

"Uh... Sorry, wild one, I kind of lost myself there. You need to stop me when I go off on those tangents - it happens far too often! I don't want to bore you to death..." he trailed off, thoroughly embarrassed. Had Xirak been physically capable of blushing, he certainly would have been a very bright shade of red.

Dreamshifter
2009-04-23, 04:37 PM
Anersha giggled at Xirak's reaction, but her eyes are lit up with thought. "Far from boring my, it is a fascinating possibility. Forget the natures of souls, we could delve deeply into the nature of taste itself! Perhaps start with the possibility of tastes as colors, it would tie into parts of your brain we know work well. And once we master taste, we could work on expanding your other senses much more. That, certainly, has some real possibilities..."

As if sensing his discomfort, she adds "I alreadt have an idea that uses a derivative of the Chameleon power to reflect moods. You'd finally be able to blush. With your entire body." Her typically mischievous grin is one her face, though it doesn't last. "But all that will have to wait until after the current... problems go away."

Jack_Simth
2009-04-23, 05:29 PM
Seeing the incredibly unusual specimen in front of him, and listening in on the conversation that hints at the construct not really knowing where it came from, and feeling slightly mischevious, Onld quietly crafts a small wooden model of the construct, behind his menu so that it cannot be easily seen, suppressing the display as a matter of course, before joining in on the conversation and showing the woodwork....

"Ah, excuse me; I've had this statue for a little while now, and I couldn't help but notice a resemblance...."

Craft Check: [roll0]
Suppress display: No threat, just taking ten, for a result of 18 (vs. DC 16, for the first level power).

Power Points:
12/14
(1 spent on Repletion as a matter of course, 1 spent on the wooden statue)

Dreamshifter
2009-04-23, 06:08 PM
Anersha looks over at the stranger, and then down to the statue. "Resemblance? I'd say it was nearly a copy, if smaller and wooden. The craftsmanship is amazing! Where'd it come from, do you know? And per chance, who made it?"

What a time to roll a 20... :smalltongue:

Salvonus
2009-04-23, 08:27 PM
Anersha giggled at Xirak's reaction, but her eyes are lit up with thought. "Far from boring my, it is a fascinating possibility. Forget the natures of souls, we could delve deeply into the nature of taste itself! Perhaps start with the possibility of tastes as colors, it would tie into parts of your brain we know work well. And once we master taste, we could work on expanding your other senses much more. That, certainly, has some real possibilities..."

As if sensing his discomfort, she adds "I alreadt have an idea that uses a derivative of the Chameleon power to reflect moods. You'd finally be able to blush. With your entire body." Her typically mischievous grin is one her face, though it doesn't last. "But all that will have to wait until after the current... problems go away."

Xirak let out a light chuckle, his embarrassed mirth dampened somewhat by the reintroduction of unpleasant reality into his mind. "I look forward to that, wild one," Xirak responded, "But, as you say, these things shall have to wait until this situation is resolved. Hopefully, we can expedite that process."

"Ah, excuse me; I've had this statue for a little while now, and I couldn't help but notice a resemblance...."

"Resemblance? I'd say it was nearly a copy, if smaller and wooden. The craftsmanship is amazing! Where'd it come from, do you know? And per chance, who made it?"

Xirak looked carefully at the strange statue, cautious of any art object that could depict him so accurately. "Indeed, a rather striking resemblance," he stated, a reserved tone creeping into his vocalisations, "I, too, would be interested in knowing how you acquired such a piece."

Eyeing up the object, Xirak attempted to seek out any defining features. The damage he'd sustained so many years ago had certainly altered aspects of his physiology, and the construct was highly curious to see if such details might be present. In particular, the distinctive, emblazoned emblem of his Arcane creators that was situated on his right shoulder had been altered by a certain person's blast of psychokinetic energy. Should that emblem still be intact, Xirak would be intrigued, indeed...

Xirak is a tad sceptical (and a bit concerned) by the sudden appearance of art depicting what seems to be him. I'm just putting an Perception check for him to notice certain details of the object, and a Sense Motive check to see if he picks up on any particular vibe from Onld.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Sorry, this was kinda rushed. :smalltongue:

Jack_Simth
2009-04-23, 08:54 PM
Onld, unable to pull off a bluff but quite satisfied with Anersha's response to his advertising ploy, continues honestly after the interest seems caught.

"I made it; I'm a craftsman by trade, although mostly of fine armors like what I'm wearing, and also weapons. This statue is only a temporary object, and it will vanish in a little under two hours. You can keep it until then if you like. I mostly make things like that to demonstrate that I am a good craftsman, and as a way to open up conversations with potential clients. Granted, you don't actually look like you're interested in armor or art at the moment, but I couldn't help but overhear your conversation, and found I simply couldn't resist the temptation to break into the conversation this way."

"I am curious, though - I've never seen a member of your kind before; do you know where you came from?"

Apparently, Onld's quite transparent to Xirak, seeing as how Onld has a bluff modifier of +0.

Still, he's being honest in his intentions. He's currently motivated by curiosity, and a bit of a desire for a chat.

wadledo
2009-04-24, 01:35 PM
Perception checks: Nothing much.
You see an assortment of people sitting and chatting around the square, with nothing particularly exciting happening, though one woman seems to be breaking up with her boyfriend at the opposite end of the plaza, and a little dog has escaped its lead and is running around a group of mantis folk, yapping like mad.
The mantis folk are taking it in good humor.

Everyone make Will checks.

The crowd ebbs and flows around your tables, conversations drifting like the cool breeze into your ears and out the other-side, un-consequential and uninteresting.

A waiter finally gravitates by and asks what you would like, before being quickly swallowed up by the crowds, his wave signifying he heard you, whither or not you actually said anything at all.

Dreamshifter
2009-04-24, 02:25 PM
[roll0] Will Save

A series of expressions crosses Anersha's face in quick succession. Shock at having fallen for the ploy, then annoyance about the whole thing, gratitude that Xirak had spotted the truth as always (which is followed, or perhaps accompanied, by fondness for Xirak for protecting her yet again), and finally her grin returns. Through it all, she says nothing, but it definitely looks like she wants to (but apparently can't).

"Oh, well played. Very sneaky. If I weren't such a nice person, I'd probably be slightly annoyed at the deception. Though, as Xirak would tell you, that would be very hypocritical of me. And I suppose at this point, introductions are in order. Anersha Silverwing, and it is always a pleasure to meet a great crtaftsman." Turning her attention back to Xirak, she asks "Oh mighty metal mentalist, would you mind if I claimed that statue, temporary though it is? It really is quite well done."

Jack_Simth
2009-04-24, 07:37 PM
Onld wonders briefly what exactly the waiter will be bringing, since he still hasn't ordered anything, but that concern is of far less importance than the current conversation.

"I have not lied to you, Anersha. Not a single thing I said was untrue. Of course, that only serves to illustrate the very important distinction between lying and deceiving. I'm known as Onld Ert, and it is a pleasure to make your aquentence, Anersha and Xirak."

Spending a point on Elan resistance, if permitted (it carries some restrictions due to the Immediate Action nature of the ability; let me know if it is or not, eh?)
Will: [roll0] (+4 if Elan Resistance is permitted for this)
Also, Psicraft to identify: [roll1], but do note that unless Onld can see the display (in which case, it's DC 15 + Power level), this is only valid if Onld passes the save (in which case, it's DC 25 + Power level).

Power Point Tracking:
Current: 11/14 or 12/14
1 spent on Repletion
1 spent on Minor Creation
(1 spent on Resistance, if permitted)

SlyJohnny
2009-04-25, 06:13 AM
A dwarf with sandy orange hair and a thick orange beard, barely held tame by various bangles and small circlets, moseys down along the plaza. He looks about, frowning at how the place seems to be so packed.

"Dyamn. Somebody givin' away free steaks, or somethin'?"

He buys a stick of what looks like a skewered corn on the cob covered in batter from a street vendor, and seats himself at the table next to Anersha, Xirak, and Onld, munching on his snack food, with a vague air of defiance about him. He figures that if a waiter or someone actually comes to kick him out, he'll get to place an order. And if not, he at least has someone to rest his feet.

He wipes a sticky bit of food away from what at first appears to be a droopy, twisted orange rope resting beneath his nose, but is in fact the thickest and longest fu manchu moustache you've ever seen, and peers about him, idly.

"What's got folks all hustlin' and bustlin' around today?" he asks to himself.

((OOC: I don't normally take liberties with the world like that, but I want to get in as quickly as possible :) If there are no street food vendors anywhere nearby, feel free to smack me down. Or replace the food with a fried lizard on a stick, or something.))

Jack_Simth
2009-04-25, 09:08 AM
Onld shrugs at the sudden intrusion, and runs with an advertising ploy.

"Nah, more likely they're all here to see some of my wares - like my armor or this statue. I am, of course, available for commission at the moment, if you need some fine armors or weapons. Everyone can use at least some armor - I can make several armors that do not restrict movement, although it does take a few weeks."

OOC:
SlyJohnny - are you going to roll your Will save like wadledo (the DM) asked in the spoiler a few posts up?

Wadledo - Anything interesting coming in from my Psicrystal's viewpoint above the crowds? Any results on the Will save or the Psicraft check to go with it?

SlyJohnny
2009-04-25, 12:59 PM
The dwarf turns, a 'Who, me?' expression written on his worn, creased face.

"Huh? Oh, sorry sir, I was just mumblin' to myself. Sure didn't mean to interrupt your conversation with this good lady an' her golem."

He smiles and pats his own worn, reinforced leather armor.

"This peice serves me well enough. No doubt your work is mighty fine craftsmanship, sir, and if'n I had the coin to spend, I'd surely take you up on your kind offer. Maybe on my next big break." he drawls, in a polite, respectul voice.

The dwarf turns away. His eyes linger on the golem for a moment, sizing it up. That there's an intricate peice o' work. He thinks to himself. I ain't ever seen such a... a finicky lookin' golem, afore. Whassit for? Lady ain't having it carrying all her bags... must be a bodyguard, but all done up to look pretty for t'other rich folk.

He looks as if he's about to ask a question of Anersha about it, but apparently he doesn't want to impose on strangers any further, and simply turns back to his table.

Spooky the way its eyes move, seem ta look right back at a feller.

Jack_Simth
2009-04-26, 04:29 PM
Onld grins at the dwarf, while he gives the dwarf's armor a good once-over, using the dwarf's turning to get a better look at the armor.

"Hmm, yes, I suppose that backpack you're carrying would encumber you more than the armor you're wearing, wouldn't it? Forget I said anything about it, then. I can't speak for the young lady or her metallic companion, but I don't particularly mind the intrusion - what better way to while away the hours than a little conversation, eh?"

"So, do you happen to know anything about those odd mists that have recently set upon the land?"

By the way, SlyJohnny, you do realize that 78.5 pounds of equipment you carry gives you a -3 Check Penalty, which is rather painful for a skillmonkey, right (assuming the DM is enforcing encumbrance, anyway)?

Dreamshifter
2009-04-26, 05:05 PM
"Well, better conversation than silence, though silence today might be asking for a bit much. As for the mists, well, I haven't learned much yet, but I only really decided to start checking them out recently. I do hope to learn more soon. Part of what brings us here today was to get a few supplies. Gotta have some things if you are going to be away from home, after all."

Jack_Simth
2009-04-26, 05:19 PM
"You're curious about the mists too? Hmm. I have all the supplies I expect to need already, including my tools in case I need to set up shop somewhere for a while. I was mostly holding off on my investigations pending a bit of aid in the doing - those who've wandered in there wander back out with no memory of what happened in the interim. When you've got that kind of events going on, you need a spotter, at a minimum, for finding out what's going on."

Salvonus
2009-04-28, 03:02 AM
[roll0]

This reminds me... I need to finish up my equipment. :smalltongue:

Xirak had remained silent, observing Onld and attempting to discern if his intentions were as he claimed. Finding no reason to distrust the man, Xirak finally spoke up.

"I do believe Anersha and I have gathered all the supplies we will need, good sir Onld. Perhaps it would be in our mutual interest to collaborate?"

SlyJohnny
2009-04-28, 01:19 PM
The dwarf raises his bushy eyebrows.

"Awww, now, you folks ain't planning on heading out into the mists, are ya? Anyone what's gone in there to find out what's goin' on, has wound up same as all t'others. Now, it ain't none of my business what other folks get up to. But I'd feel rotten as hell if'n I didn't at least try to talk you out of this, because it's a damn fool idea. I mean, what are you three scheming up that them other folks din't think of?"

He takes another bite of his snack food.

"If you're ridin' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there, y'know?"

Dreamshifter
2009-04-28, 06:46 PM
"Into? Perhaps, but not right away. But someone must puzzle out a solution, and I figure, it might as well be us, right? Who knows, maybe all it takes is to enter enough times. I admit, I don't have a fully thought out plan yet, but something will occur. It always does!"

I admit, the shopping was done to finish up my equipment, though I still need to actually buckle down and get it done...

Jack_Simth
2009-04-28, 06:52 PM
Onld considers the dwarf a moment, and finds that he's got one reply that fits both the dwarf and Xirak's concerns quite well, and even gives a starting point for Anersha's semi-inquiry into methods.

"Well ... that depends entirely on how one goes about investigating the mists, doesn't it? Those who've been in them show back up a short while later, with no memory of what happened... but as yet the talk of the town includes no mention for what happens if one stays within sight of one outside the mists going in a short distance only, nor what happens to one who's tied off by a length of rope to someone outside the mists, nor what happens to less usual people who walk into the mists, nor what happens when a group of people enter into the mists. Where one person can't investigate well, given what's already known, a group has significantly more options, and better odds. A collaboration is definitely in order, and the more people in the collaboration, and the more individual variety in the collaboration, the better. Most of my hesitation for my personal investigations into the mists revolves around needing said aids."

wadledo
2009-05-01, 05:54 PM
[roll0]

Jack_Simth: You can't spend any point on it, and you don't notice anything untoward.

SlyJohnny: When I ask everyone to make will saves, I mean everyone.:smallsigh:

At a point when the conversation in the square is at a lull, a figure dressed in a dark cloak appears on one of the roves, leaping down onto the street from the 15-story building with the grace of a spider.
A low roar begins to build up from the crowd, as well as a number of shouts of "Awesome!", and "That was sooo damn cool!"
We can only assume that the man in the cloak is Omar Scavenger, the detective who's looking for some grunt work.
Which seems kind of odd, what with the way he's barreled into the crowd and has started to beat on all of them.
The cheers soon turn to shrieks of pain as the sound of meaty smacks echo's throughout the square.

Dreamshifter
2009-05-01, 06:09 PM
Anersha doesn't look that impressed by the sudden appearance, nor the fall, but she grins slightly. "Well, as entrances go, I've seen worse," she says softly. But her faint smile fades as the violence starts. Her face scrunches up (cutely, of course), and she glares at the cloaked figure. "Now that's scarcely called for. Someone should go smack him in the head for his rude behavior. Probably spank him too, and send him to bed without supper." It isn't readily apparent if she is serious or not.

But, whatever her plan, she stands and starts making her way toward the cloaked figure, manifesting a protective barrier as she makes her way through the crowd.

Manifesting Force Screen as a psi-like ability, then moving in the direction of Omar.

Jack_Simth
2009-05-01, 07:36 PM
"While he is being quite rude, it's not really my place; it's not like I'm his father ..."

Or so Onld says, sitting quietly in his chair, while he Concentrates, checking with his Psicrystal to see what is seen from that remote vantage point...

Manifesting without the display: [roll0] for Astral Construct (DC 16), making it as Buff as possible.

Astral Construct Stats: If Onld successfully manifests it, anyway...

Small Construct
Hit Dice: 1d10+10+5 (20)
Initiative: +2
Armor Class: 18 (+2 Dex, +5 natural, +1 size), touch 13, flatfooted 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/-1
Attack: Slam +3 melee (1d4+3)
Full Attack: Slam +3 melee (1d4+3)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: One ability from Menu A: Buff, +5 hit points, construct traits, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +0
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 15, Con -, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 10
Skills: -
Feats: -

And... assuming it can look like whatever Onld wants it to look like, I'd like to make it look like a plaid (http://www.scotclans.com/scottish_clans/clans/buchanan/tartan.html) clockwork orangutan.

Power Point Counting:
Current: 11/14
1 spent on Repletion
1 spent on Astral Construct

Onld's initiative, if it matters: [roll1]

SlyJohnny
2009-05-02, 11:45 AM
The dwarf frowns. Then he sighs, reaching for the oversized pick he has strapped to the backpack he'd dropped beside the table while he was eating.

"Boy, you better calm down. Leastaways, before I get over there." he mutters, quietly.

He stands, yelling to any nearby person who looks like they could move fast, "Don't just stand there gawking, son! Go and get the gorramn watch!"

He moves off into the crowd, circling around away from Anersha. He pauses mid-dash, steadying himself and digging his heels into the ground to avoid being knocked over by anyone running the other way. He concentrates for a moment, and then a disk of invisible Force appears before him, shimmering unseen on the Astral.

(Moving to flank from the opposite side that Anersha's approaching, using Force Screen.)

wadledo
2009-05-03, 08:05 PM
You all take your respective actions, with a plaid clockwork orangutan appearing out of nowhere, for some odd reason.
"Aww furk." Omar says when he sees you charging at him. "I didn't expect them to start the fight this soon."
As he spins around, the hood of his robe falls back, revealing a bald head veined with translucent blue crystal, another large black stone fused into the bone and skin of his forehead, and two thin, clear diamonds placed over his eyes, making his pupils expand like saucers.
In mid punch, he stops and stares at you quizically for a moment, his large and rather expressive face making it quite clear that he sees something wrong with this picture.
"Wait, you're not messed with. Furk, just start knocking people unconscious until I can explain, would you? This isn't going to get any easier if I don't get some help."
He then flips lightly away from you, barreling into the crowd again, knocking people aside like bowling pins.

At the same time, you start to notice that the mantis people who you saw before are doing the same as Omar, though they seem to be doing in in a far more organized manner. Tying up those who they have rendered unconscious and placing them to one side of the square, a young warrior watches over the captured, applying cold compresses to those who've been hit a bit to hard.

Dreamshifter
2009-05-03, 08:42 PM
Anersha looks quite confused. "I don't understand. But, clearly something is up. Xirak, be a dear and help cudgel these people into unconsciousness, ok?" She moves to help with the knocking people out herself, clearly trusting this person.

Jack_Simth
2009-05-03, 09:44 PM
"Apparently the world has gone crazy. Hmm... what next, pink rain?"

Onld flips the page on his menu, staying seated, but despite his words, Onld mentally directs his current construct to try some nonlethal attacks against others who fit the same profile as the targets Omar is after, while he constructs another one. He also thinks to himself: Well, if I'm wrong to trust this madman, there's no witnesses saying I did anything. If it turns out his explaination is satisfactory, I can truthfully say I did what I could to help him...

Existing Construct's attack: [roll0] (includes the -4 for dealing nonlethal damage) for [roll1] nonlethal.

Manifesting without the display: [roll2] for Astral Construct (DC 16), making it as Buff as possible.

Small Construct
Special Qualities: One ability from Menu A: Buff, +5 hit points, construct traits, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision

And... assuming it can look like whatever Onld wants it to look like, I'd like to make it look like a blue mechanical guard dog.

Power Point Counting:
Current: 10/14
1 spent on Repletion
2 spent on Astral Construct

Active Effect counter:
Astral Construct 1 (plaid clockwork orangutan): 1 of 2 rounds of actions taken
Astral Construct 2 (blue mechanical gaurd dog): Currently forming

SlyJohnny
2009-05-04, 06:22 AM
"This feller tells you to start beatin' on folk and you just do it? That ain't right."

Doxx waits until the man is preoccupied, and then leaps for him, slamming his pick through his back. A tickly, familiar little voice murmurs to him, telling him at exactly what point to strike. You shut the hell up. he thinks, crossly, but heeds its advice anyway. (Charging, Lurk Augment: Sneak attack damage)

(To hit)

(Pick damage)
[roll] 1d6+2
(Sneak Attack damahe)
2d6
(-2 ac nex tround)

If the man is still standing after the blow, Doxx says,

"I'm gonna be needing a better reason then that to start punchin' folk I don't know, son. The hell is wrong with you?"

((Urgh, bloody roller. What'd I do wrong?))

Dreamshifter
2009-05-04, 01:32 PM
Anersha turns away from the person she was about to attack, to converse with her new dwarven friend. "Friend Dwarf, please listen. We can all see that something is wrong here. First, I thought it was with Omar here, thought he had lost his mind or something. But he hasn't, I can see that. And I know his history. Read all about it when I was younger. He has always been a heroic sort, always working for the betterment of the people. If it were just him, I'd be right there with you in taking him down. But it's not just him. There are others doing as he does, and without his prompting. That means they see or know something we don't."

She points to the warrior helping those who have been more seriously hurt. "And they aren't trying to kill them, either. They don't want to harm them, but feel they must knock them out. That almost certainly means someone has influenced the crowd in some way beyond our, or at least my, understanding. Omar is someone I'd trust when the chips are down, he has always fought the good fight, and I'm inclined to believe him now. I'm a good judge of character, so if you can't accept his word, please accept mine. Or at least, if you won't help him, then let us both sit and drink some tea, and let this situation sort itself out."

Jack_Simth
2009-05-04, 09:31 PM
"Ah, tea, splendid idea. There is the slight problem, however, that it looks like the wait staff is on the receiving end of the scuffle."

Or so Onld says, as he continues to construct the second Astral Construct and direct the first.

wadledo
2009-05-06, 10:15 PM
As Doxx charges Omar, a silvery light seems to grow around his forehead, and as the detective turns and says in a very loud voice "Aww, Fur-" before the claw emerging from the dwarfs head hits him in the back.
Griping the street, another hand emerges and gently presses, opening the silvery space a little wider until a head emerges, alive with a manic grin.
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/xph_gallery/33186.jpg
"Magrutha glashnas Plasna!" it says to the world, taking a step out of Doxx's head, the spines twanging where they scrape against the portal.

Now roll for initiative.
And somebody poke Salvonus

Dreamshifter
2009-05-06, 10:57 PM
[roll0] Initiative
Oooo, ouch. I failed my Init roll!

Anersha looks surprised, then mutters "So much for talking it out..."

Jack_Simth
2009-05-07, 06:58 AM
"Hmm. That seems a little out of place. Why does a bistro of this caliber serve hot wings?"

Onld tries to continue the fiction of being interested in his menu as he redirects both the already-formed and the newly-formed Astral Constructs to focus on the new threat, ideally taking flanking positions, and as he suppresses the display on the next. He also becomes particularly insistent on checking with his Psicrystal through the telepathic link he has with it to see if it's seeing the same things from it's remote vantage point

Initiative: [roll0]
Knowledge check to see if Onld recognizes it: [roll1]; Do note that Onld has exactly 1 rank in every knowledge skill except Arcana, so it's the same modifier for basically anything except stuff covered only by Knowledge(Arcana).

Existing Construct 1's attack: [roll2] [roll3] damage.
Newly Completed Construct 2's attack: [roll4] [roll5] damage.

Manifesting without the display: [roll6] for Astral Construct (DC 16), making it as Buff as possible.

Small Construct

And... assuming it can look like whatever Onld wants it to look like, I'd like to make it look like a pink miniature elephant.

Power Point Counting:
Current: 9/14
1 spent on Repletion
3 spent on Astral Construct

Active Effect counter:
Astral Construct 1 (plaid clockwork orangutan): 2 of 2 rounds of actions taken (dissolving after it strikes)
Astral Construct 2 (blue mechanical gaurd dog): 1 of 2 rounds of actions taken
Astral Construct 3 (pink miniature elephant): Currently Forming

Edit: Poke sent... and ouch, natural 1 on initiative... well, I guess Onld goes last.

Let's see... the normal Knoweledge Check DC is 10 + Hit dice, so that roll should ID anything with 10 hit dice or less. What is it, and what's the one or two useful things that check should grant (one useful thing if it has 6-10 hit dice, two useful things if it has 1-5 hit dice)?

SlyJohnny
2009-05-07, 12:55 PM
((Errr... whoah. So, like... am I still alive? What did I feel, etc?))

Salvonus
2009-05-10, 08:28 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]

(If another knowledge skill is applicable, Xirak has at least one rank in every type...)

"Be careful, Anersha!" shouted Xirak, positioning himself between his companion and the newly-appeared threat.

"I think I remember seeing a creature like that before, back before my rest. I wonder if I can remember anything about it..."

Jack_Simth
2009-05-13, 07:22 AM
"Hmm... perhaps a pastry? I'd need something to drink to go with it, though..."
Poke to the thread ... and talking is a free action that can be taken out-of-turn, so...

wadledo
2009-05-16, 10:42 PM
Info Checks:Xirak and Onld:The creature is a Phthisic, a mental 'demon' that is impossibly hard to kill once it comes out of some one's head. They haven't been seen in a couple hundred years, but there are a few rumors of them wandering the abandoned halls of some of the rich dynastic families.
Onld:If they bite you, they can suck up some of your thoughts, and as well as being near impossible to kill, they are also have a number of powerful psi-like abilities.
The most dangerous of these abilities focus on beating down someone mentally, so that all they can do is drool as the creature proceeds to slowly devour their mind from the outside in.

As the creature exits Doxx's head, the dwarf seems to crumple up, folding backwards and landing on the ground out cold.
Omar gets picked up by a pair of mantis-folk who try to drag him away, but he waves them off and takes an offensive stance, the mantis-folk shrugging to one another and moving to flank the creature.
The creature itself seems to be completly oblivios of all thats going on around it, staring at its hand like it has never seen anything more facinating in its life, which seems somewhat likely.

Everyone:Well, hopefully you'll be able to survive with only three players.:smallsigh:
The Init order looks something like this:

Mantis-folk 2
Omar
Mantis-folk 1
Creature
Xirak
Anersha
Construct 2
Construct 3
Onld
Faceless Masses

I know roughly where Xirak is, and Onld is sitting at a cafe(which I will refuse to do anything with, as he seems to be talking to thin air), but if Anersha could be given a rough position (I.e. between Xirak and Onld, closer to the fountain, right in the thick of things, etc), then I'll post a map.

Dreamshifter
2009-05-16, 10:54 PM
Anersha stands a short distance behind Xirak, perhaps 5-10 feet, having retreated automatically at the construct's command.

Jack_Simth
2009-05-16, 11:12 PM
With the recognized Phthisic in play, Onld pretty much abandons his attempt to make himself seem uninvolved as he directs all constructs to flank and attack while he forms yet another....

"Phthisic - hard to kill, hurts your brain when it bites you, and has some strong mental powers of it's own to use. I'll keep up the barrage of constructs for as long as is feasible, but I might suggest staying at range for anyone with a brain to damage."

Actions for when Onld's turn rolls around, but the talking can be taken out of turn anyway, so that's immediate
Existing Construct 2's attack: [roll0] (includes a +2 for Flanking) for [roll1] damage.
Newly Completed Construct 3's attack: [roll2] (includes a +2 for Flanking) for [roll3] damage.

Making the new construct as Buff as possible, keeping with the display.

Small Construct

And... assuming it can look like whatever Onld wants it to look like, I'd like to make it look like a red crystal manikin.

Power Point Counting:
Current: 8/14
1 spent on Repletion
4 spent on Astral Construct

Active Effect counter:
Astral Construct 2 (blue mechanical gaurd dog): 2 of 2 rounds of actions taken (dissolving after striking)
Astral Construct 3 (pink miniature elephant): 1 of 2 rounds of actions taken
Astral Construct 4 (red crystal manikin): Currently forming

wadledo
2009-05-22, 04:32 PM
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff42/wadledo/Screeshot.png
The big dragon head thingy is the Phthisic, the little wolf things flanking it are Onld's constructs, etc.
I can make no excuses on trying to learn to use this damned thing.
This should tide you over until I get back tomorrow, hopefully with a significantly better understanding of maptool.