PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to get a happy ending?

Ancalagon
2009-04-21, 04:06 AM
Discuss your opinions. Say "Name: alive/dead. happy ending yes or no. Some comment"

The Order:

Roy: Alive. Happy ending. He will kill Xykon and have a life (maybe with Celia after that)
Durkon: Dead. Happy ending. Fullfilled his duty.
Vaarsuvius: Dead. No happy ending.
Elan: Alive. Happy ending with Haley.
Haley: See Elan.
Belkar: Dead. No happy ending. (Happy death is possible)

Antagonists:

Xykon. Dead (really dead). No happy ending. He'll fail in his plans and will be gone. Maybe even by the snark.
Redcloak. Dead. But he might achieve something for the goblins as whole. His plan with the gate will fail, but the golin-races will still get something out of it.

Monster in the Darkness: Alive. Happy ending (eating stew, maybe hang around with Elan too much).

The Linear guild:
All will be dead. And fail in their tasks. Dead and no happy ending.

greywords
2009-04-21, 04:58 AM
I'm not sure why, but I don't think Nale will be dead at the end. Can't say what I do see for him, but I'm thinking something more like Humperdink's ending.

Ancalagon
2009-04-21, 05:10 AM
I'm not sure why, but I don't think Nale will be dead at the end. Can't say what I do see for him, but I'm thinking something more like Humperdink's ending.

"The evil twin in the jail" isn't a solution, it's a call for more trouble. ;)

JJ48
2009-04-21, 06:22 AM
O-chul: Happy ending, whether alive or dead. His will probably have something to do with helping the MitD to get HIS happy ending, probably by vouching for him and/or even physically defending him.

GrlumpTheElder
2009-04-21, 06:27 AM
I think Thog: alive, will get a happy ending. The rest of the linear guild, no.

Manga Shoggoth
2009-04-21, 07:28 AM
Xykon. Dead (really dead). No happy ending. He'll fail in his plans and will be gone. Maybe even by the snark.

Ah. So the snark is a boojum, you see (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunting_of_the_Snark).

The Pilgrim
2009-04-21, 11:02 AM
Looks like Roy's gonna have childs with Celia. Althroug will be frustrated all his live for being the only (living) member of his family unable to fly.

Elan will marry Haley in the last strip of the comic, in order to honor proper genre conventions. Haley's rescued father will provide de rings (stealed from somewhere, but not from nowhere or anywhere)

Durkon has to die to fulfill the Oracle's profecy, but has also to return to his homeland in order to fulfill Thor's profecy. So either he doesn't need to return alive to fulfill Thor's profecy, or he will die and be resurrected. On the other hand, the Oracle's profecy was about how will he finally return to his homeland, maybe that doesn't mean that he can't return alive many times before that.

V will take a lot of sh*t back for the Deal, but maybe it manages to make it through all and make peace with it family. Or fails and dies, defeated and in misery.

Belkar is sentenced. Roy can't be watching over him all his life, and he is too dangerous to be left alone. So karmic death is in the Menu. Unless he manages to raise his wisdom score high enough to become nice and peaceful, like we already have seen (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0058.html) (the profecy about Belkar's death could be metaphorical).

Nale can make it alive to the end. What worse ending for him than being alive but overshadowed by his good twin?

Sabine, being an outsider, can't be killed, banished from the material world maybe.

Thog, being childish, has an innocent nature, so I dunno will be killed and may have a happy end.

Like the Monster in the Darkness, I see a future for him with O'Chul. Boy meets Monster and all that.

Xykon is of course boned (no pun intended... well, yes, pun intended :smallbiggrin: )

Redcloak could be very well the one that kills Xykon at the end (he owns Xykon's philacteria, or whatever it's named), and could die or not in the process. Probably will get something for the goblinoids, in fact he has already achieved something destroying Azure City.

Scarlet Knight
2009-04-21, 11:06 AM
:roy:- alive but Frodo- like unhappy ending, because of others deaths.

:durkon: – dies happily fulfilling his duty

:vaarsuvius: – dies unhappily in the control of the 3 Fiends

:belkar:- dies happily, killing V with his last breath

:sabine:- banished happily to the underword, taking Nale with her

:nale: – goes to underworld kicking & screaming ( see above)

:thog: - alive & happy, adopted by Elan & Haley; they open an ice cream parlor; Banjo services performed on the hour...

:elan: & :haley:- alive & live happily ever after , telling the tales of the Order of the Stick

Zevox
2009-04-21, 12:23 PM
:roy: - I could see him going either way. Now that he's experienced the afterlife and is guaranteed entrance to Celestia, death is no longer going to be a particularly frightening prospect for him. He could die in the final battle and not want to be resurrected again. Hell, Celia could even move to Celestia to be with him if she wanted. Or he could live, as previous posters have suggested.

:durkon: - Dead. I'm not so sure as to whether that death will be a particularly pleasant one, but I expect it to be satisfactorily resolved ultimately.

:elan: & :haley: - Happy ending, alive, together. Probably starting a family.

:vaarsuvius: - Unknown. Her fate is completely up in the air at this point, from where I'm sitting. Much depends on how the events with the splice and her debt to the fiends play out.

:belkar: - Dead. Happily or not I won't guess.

:xykon: - Destroyed.

:redcloak: - Could see him dying, but honestly, I'm hoping to see him live. I could see him reforming and becoming a great leader for the (Hob)Goblins should The Plan fail and he be finally convinced to use other methods to advance his species in the world.

:mitd: - Happy ending, returning to where he came from, or sticking with the Goblins as a friendly pet-thing.

:nale:, :sabine:, & :thog: - Totally up in the air. The only thing I can say with some confidence is that I expect Thog to live. He's too child-like to kill off. As for Nale and Sabine, I could see numerous ways for them to go, some very unpleasant, others not so bad.

Zevox

The Blackbird
2009-04-21, 04:23 PM
:roy:- Lives, killing Xykon by smashing him into the last gate and then the Snarl gets him
:belkar: Dies, is killed by Xykon at Girand's Gate to Xykon
:durkon:Lives, Origin spoilers Dies at Girand's Gate to Linear Guild and Xykon brings him up as a zombie to destroy his hometown, but is raised later
:elan:Lives, marries Haley Happy Ending YAY
:haley: Lives, (See above)
:vaarsuvius:Dies, gets killed by the Snarl in the final fight, his/her alingment being as ambigious as his/her gender
:xykon: Dies (See Roy)
:redcloak:Dies,SoD spoilers is killed by monster in dark, after he betrays Xykon
:mitd: Dies, but is raised later after finale fight
O-Chul: Dies, but is raised after finale fight

Linear Guild: All are killed at Girand's Gate, except Thog.

I acutally have a really cool how OOTS is going to end story, but I don't want to post it because I worry that if I do, none of the cool elements of it will happen.

Assassin89
2009-04-21, 07:11 PM
I think that if :sabine: & :nale: live through this adventure, it would be comical to see a half demon spawn continuing the same villainous cliches against the offspring of :haley: & :elan:.

It would also be interesting to see :redcloak: having an epiphany that the plan is not the right way to go and uses the route of kindness to gain equality for goblinkind.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-04-21, 08:02 PM
Roy: Alive, happy with Celia
Celia: Alive, happy with Roy
Vaarsuvius: Alive, unhappy and self-banished
Elan: Dead, semi-happy, waiting for Haley*
Haley: Alive, unhappy, missing Elan*
Durkon: Dead, happy, having returned home
Belkar: Dead, happy to be killing everyone in hell

Xykon: Alive, unhappy. (If anybody's ever seen the Doctor Who episode Family of Blood, what happened to them is what happens to him, IMO)
Redcloak: Alive, Semi-happy, same fate as Xykon, but having furthered Goblins
MiTD: Dead and happy

Nale: Alive, semi-unhappy, having been forced into jail, but with Sabine
Sabine: Alive, semi-unhappy, having been forced into jail, but with Nale
Thog: Dead, happy to be friends with Not-Nale (If D&D heaven allows that)

Kyrie: Alive, unhappy, missing Vaarsuvius
Oracle: I could care less, but I hope he dies.:smallannoyed:
Lawyers: Dead and nobody cares.:smallbiggrin:

*I know you guys might not agree with this, but it's pretty poetic. OR something like that.

NamonakiRei
2009-04-21, 08:18 PM
The Order:
:roy: Will probably end up alive, happy or bittersweet, with Celia, most probably, and having a family. Of course, he kills, forever, Xykon.
:elan: Will end up allright, with Haely, having a happy family.
:haely: Will end up rescuing her father, and see above.
:durkon: Dies(SoD spoiler)Probably comes dead or undead to the Dwarven lands, and is resurrected, and afterwards he dies again, fulfilling his duty. So, happy death
:belkar: Dies. Though not as he said under the Crushing Despair spell,"Alone and unloved". Probably he dies surrounded by the order. They're probably SAD about his death. I hope.
:vaarsuvius: Either: Dies unhappy, as the Darkest death of the Order, or on an heroic act, still not to happy. Or: Manages to live through all, and comes back to his family to set things allright again.

Linear guild:
:nale: Probably lives, and gets to be with Sabine. There's something real between them, I reckon...
:sabine: Probably gets to make a family with Nale. As someone else said, it'd be fun for their child to continue the story of the fight against Elan and Haely's child.
:thog: Ends up alive and happy. Probably joins the good guys. Or else, he can open an ice cream parlor! :smallbiggrin:

Azure City people:
Hinjo: Gets his city back. After all that's happened... or else, he will found a new Kingdom on this island they're in now. Or both.
Lien: Will do same than Hinjo, and help him rule with justice and ... and all that.
O-Chul: Alive, Happy, friends with MitD. Or else, dies heroically in battle. Could or could not be rezzed. Probably, yes. Ends up helping with Azure city/New Kingdom.
Kazumi and Daigo: End up alive and happy, with their family. Or either Daigo dies, after revealing his last name like on a game of... uh... whatsitcalled... H-O-R-S-E(?) and Kazumi raises her family alone, always remembering her beloved husband. Or Daigo is just Rezzed.

Plot semi-neutral characters:
Oracle: I hope the scaly little runt dies forever. I could give him a lesson or two about the "Destiny Changes" thing.
Inkyrius: Alive, hopefully with V, both happy and together again.

Team Evil:
:xykon: Is finally killed for good and forever. He does NOT repent. It seems out of his capabilities.
:redcloak: I hope he ends up alive, but he could end up anywhere. I hope he ends up realizing his mistakes and trying to correct the things he did wrong. I hope he stands up against Xykon, and after the story he ends up helping his race through other than divine blackmailing Or else, he'll end up on a tragedy. Probably Betraying Xykon, and then killed by the MitD, or killed by the heroes/ Xykon, just when he'd realized his mistakes and knew what he had to do for a better future. Man, that'd be sad.
Tsukiko: I think she probably dies, one way or another, or ends up growing up a bit, and changing sides. Or else becomes a villian to another plot that we won't live to see.
Roaches: They'l end up okay. They're roaches, they'd live through ANYTHING.
:mitd: Will end up happy helping the Azure city people. Probably. Anyway, alive and happy.

OR ! Either

The order dies on a heroic death killing the bad guys and end in a happy afterlife, the world saved, open to new millions of possibilities.
Or
All are killed by team Evil, who can:
A: Succed on their plans, but Xykon conquers the world and all hope is lost, waiting for new heroes to surge, or
B: Don't succed on their plans and the whole world is destroyed. This could happen too if the order stayed alive. The gods, sadly, make a new world, and there's a complete new beginning.
Or even:
Good and bad guys are killed in the final fight. People is in debt with their heroes, but there's no one left. Or is it? Many years later, a cloaked figure on a bar tells tales of the Order of the Stick, remembering how he used to be one of them. A legend now, not knowing if he is real or a character of a story, Belkar rises and goes on to find a new adventure. :smallbiggrin: Nope, impossible. But I still like to do these things. The 4th edition Epic Destiny thing that appeared some thime ago inspired me :smallbiggrin:

I think that's all.