PDA

View Full Version : Character build for Altiar from Assassin's Creed?

Os1ris09
2009-04-21, 10:04 PM
Hey does anyone know a build for Altiar in assassin's creed? Or does anyone know where I can find a build already posted?

If none of those apply can someone please make me a build that is darn near him or exactly him (either or doesn't matter). Thanks GITP!

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-04-21, 10:07 PM
I had an idea that I think is pretty good. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62659)

Bluebeard
2009-04-21, 10:12 PM
I'd think Swordsage. I don't remember its skill list exactly, but a Rogue dip and Able Learner would cover any holes it might have.

Add Diamond Mind with a splattering of everything beside Desert Wind.

Maybe alternate some Warblade levels in for Iron Heart maneuvers.

overduegalaxy
2009-04-21, 10:16 PM
I made a free-running Ranger for an Eberron campaign a few months ago, which is close to the idea (for a base, at least). Grab a high Int for a lot of skill points, use the Cityscape Enhancement to trade out Ride for Tumble, and grab the hidden sleeve blades from Complete Scoundrel for weapons. Cityscape and Complete Scoundrel both also have a handful of fun feats.

TWF with liberal use of pouncing/charging (especially from heights) works wonders. Grab a level in Scout to add skirmish dice for some more damage, and Prestige into whatever class you find fits the flavor best.

It's not an optimal build, but it'd damn fun to leap from a rooftop onto someone and slice them silly.

ErrantX
2009-04-21, 10:43 PM
I'd think Swordsage. I don't remember its skill list exactly, but a Rogue dip and Able Learner would cover any holes it might have.

Add Diamond Mind with a splattering of everything beside Desert Wind.

Maybe alternate some Warblade levels in for Iron Heart maneuvers.

Well honestly, at that point just go Master of Nine.

-X

Teutonic Knight
2009-04-21, 10:57 PM
Fighter/Rogue/Assassin?

In which case, probable more Rogue than Fighter, because he far more skilled at running around rooftops than skewering innocent soldiers. Altair can climb the highest buildings in the city, possess all those free-running skill tricks, and not to mention hide from Crusaders just by putting his hands together and walking slowly.

Apparently he never learned to swim though, probably because he lives in the desert.

ErrantX
2009-04-21, 11:03 PM
Hmm.. perhaps Swordsage with a few rogue levels, taking the feats that will get you into Master of Nine (taken later in the build gives more benefit, I feel), take a couple levels in Thief Acrobat as well to for the crazy acrobatics and rooftop stuff.

My 2 cents,
-X

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-04-21, 11:04 PM
There's a Scout variant based around countering opponents and such instead of Skirmish. Combine that with Thief-Acrobat, gestalt with Warblade, and you're golden.

Teutonic Knight
2009-04-21, 11:24 PM
And where might one find this variant?

I'm serious, I really want to know, because skirmishing means losing full attack options.

MeklorIlavator
2009-04-21, 11:29 PM
here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a). Just hit ctrl+f, then type Riposte, and enter. That should do it.

Os1ris09
2009-04-22, 12:44 AM
so how would this build do? scoutxx /ranger1/fighter2/rogue4. take the swift hunter feat and ones that help with sa and stealth like darkstalker. also for fa I would take human elf Orc goblin reptile not in that order though. so what do you think?

Teutonic Knight
2009-04-22, 07:43 PM
here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a). Just hit ctrl+f, then type Riposte, and enter. That should do it.
I appreaciate the link. In that case, Altair should be a fighter, scout (with riposte), assassin. Scout, an urban scout, can be used for his seemingly tireless running with 40ft. per round movement rate, and his skills are more like Altair's skills.