PDA

View Full Version : Halfling outrider 3.5

Stormageddon
2009-04-21, 11:46 PM
A couple of questions. First is is this PrC worth it?

Second: I had a character idea for a halfling bounty hunter type character. I was going to go Ranger 5/ Halfling outrider 10/ ?5. I was wondering if there was any way to make the character more bounty hunterist without taking levels of Blood hound? Any ranger variants? Ideas for any other PrCs worth looking into?

Frosty
2009-04-22, 02:28 AM
It's worth it in specific builds deisgned to make your mount 5x as uber as your character is.

Stormageddon
2009-04-22, 10:15 AM
It's worth it in specific builds deisgned to make your mount 5x as uber as your character is.

5x! How's that possible? I seem to remember a variant of Ranger that allows the Ranger's Animal to level like a Druid's animal but I can't remember from what source.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-04-22, 10:32 AM
5x! How's that possible? 1:Because to do this your character ends up weaker than an NPC Warrior.
2:It stacks Paladin and Ranger levels for your special mount. There's a feat that does this, too. Dip a few levels in AC-variant Bard, snag Obtain Familiar, and take one level of Arcane Heirophant for familiar progression, too.

Actually, I'm AFB right now, what are the requirements for Arcane Heirophant? It looks like a Bard meets most of them with the right variants.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-04-22, 11:52 AM
Dipping a level of Beastmaster would not hurt a bit.