PDA

View Full Version : American McGee's Grimm 4e: Ruining B-Fantasy, One Disneyfied Folktale at A Time

Leliel
2009-04-22, 01:19 AM
For those of you not in the know, American McGee's Grimm-which is a lot better quality then Scapland, and on a whole different plane of existence then Bad Day LA-is about the titular Grimm, who has grown so sick of the half-assed version of fairy tales told to children by oversensitive and easily scared parents that he's decided to use his mastery of black magic, ruthless will, and poor hygiene too turn the stories into a more horrific, dark, and mythologically accurate version of themselves.

Given the slightly wretched nature of some of the campaign settings I've seen that claim to be, ahem, more family friendly-wuss approachable, if you ask me-I had an idea for the characters in a game being effectively disciples of Grimm, though they specialize in RPG stories. They can even be good-aligned, since injecting a sense of conflict and logic into one of the sickengly light-hearted stories I've seen can only benefit the universe at large.

So, what do you think of this idea, and do you have any suggestions on what adventure ideas should be?

SurlySeraph
2009-04-22, 02:15 PM
Bleakdim (http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/1014114/) is a good place to start getting ideas. Do note that this is a 4chan thread, therefore NSFW.

Calinero
2009-04-22, 08:38 PM
It seems to me that the agents of Grimm would make for better bad guys than PC's...I can only imagine the looks on their faces when you tell them that they're Little Red Riding Hood....then horribly slaughter their families.