PDA

View Full Version : What should be the Feral's LA?

PrGo
2009-04-22, 05:25 AM
I fell in love with the template the moment i saw it but it is too broken for just a +1 LA.
So thats why I'm turning to you, fellow Playgrounders. What would you say the LA for the Feral Template should be?

Also, I apologize if there is a similar topic to this, the search engine just didn't find it.

Thanks in advance :smallbiggrin:

JellyPooga
2009-04-22, 05:38 AM
I would alter it slightly, changing the HD line to "Changes to d10 and increase Racial HD by 1". LA I would leave at +1.

For Example; a Feral Human would have 2 Monstrous Humanoid HD and LA +1 (ECL:3), or a Feral Troglodyte would have 3 Monstrous Humanoid HD and LA +3 (ECL:6).

This, for me, fits better than just increasing the LA. A Feral Human should not have a Character Class as its first HD because (in theory) it's been raised in the wild, has no refinement and has cannot learn the things that a 'civilised' Human would. On the other hand a Feral Human should be tough and hardy (higher HD) and a better combatant than the average Human Commoner (BAB +2 vs +0).

Racial HD being as bad as they are, I think this compensates for the abilities granted by the template.

Dr_Horrible
2009-04-22, 07:50 AM
I would recommend keeping it at +1 LA. Because LA is terrible, and Fighters don't get nice things.