PDA

View Full Version : [Anime] Oo, Aaaaaaawkward

Oracle_Hunter
2009-04-22, 10:24 PM
What is the most embarrassing scene in an animated medium? That is, a sequence in which one or more of the characters involved is embarrassed and/or shamed. Post links, and let's try to keep things on the legal side of NSFW.

That said, here is the infamous Rei-Shinji scene (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6049996167259695692&ei=fNzvSaHWIIas-wG57YDjDA&q=neon+genesis+evangelion+episode+5&client=firefox-a) from NGE (start at 13:09 and end at 16:44) to start us off.

While there are no naughty parts shown, you may not want to watch this at work :smalltongue:

Anyone got something to top that?

Coplantor
2009-04-22, 10:30 PM
Well... going to the other side... the Rebuild of evangelion version of the same scene. Is the same but with naughty parts!

I dont have enough time today, and my computer ctashes whenever I try to watch something on youtube, so there is no link for that.

If non animated mediums counted... then sensei negima could easily top he NGE.

Trizap
2009-04-22, 11:16 PM
well there was that time where naruto and sasuke accidentally kissed in front of all the girls who liked sasuke while in class..........c'mon admit it that was awkward and hilarious........

Coplantor
2009-04-22, 11:21 PM
Remeber when Roshi asked Bulma if he could see her panties? And Bulma agreed without knowing that she was'nt waearing anything? Yeah, that was awkward for the audience, specially when you are 7.

Oracle_Hunter
2009-04-22, 11:26 PM
Remeber when Roshi asked Bulma if he could see her panties? And Bulma agreed without knowing that she was'nt waearing anything? Yeah, that was awkward for the audience, specially when you are 7.
Yeah, "children's" anime will get you every time :smalltongue:

NGE was apparently originally aired in Japan during a children's time-slot too. Imagine what that did to the impressionable youth :smalleek:

EDIT: OK, describe the scene from Sensei Negima. Personally, I can't conceive of a more embarrassing scene than the one I posted - that's why I posted in the first place, after all :smallbiggrin:

Enlong
2009-04-23, 12:00 AM
How about any scene where Negi sneezes on someone? Bonus points if it's in public.

Coplantor
2009-04-23, 07:09 AM
Well, there is probably an infinite list of awkward scenes there.

You have the typical "oops, I fell over his face now he can see my panties" and the usual variation : "oops, I fell over his face and now he can... WAIT! Am I wearing panties at all?"

Another one was when Asuna and Makie were training with Negi, him, beign a kid and all he has a particular dislike of baths. So he is forced to take a bath, the only place was the girls bath, because he lives in an all girls dorms. Anyway, they take him there in order to bath him, and of course, all three of them naked, they go early to avoid the other girls, buuuuuuut... SURPRISE! Suddenly all the girls appear, think fast! We gotta hide Negi! He is small... Let's hide him behind our backs!

So, the other girls get in and see Asuna and Makie bathing... first point of awkwardness.

As the two girls pretend that they were bathing toghether in order to hide negi, who was pressed between the wall and Makie's back... Makie starts to feel something... stiffie. At a peculiar height. (To wich one of the firls says "I didnt thought he was old enough). I take this oportunity to remind you guys that Negi is the teacher of the girls, since he is a child genius.

So, Negi's parts are pressed against a student's behind, while that student pretends that is taking a bath with another girl in the same shower.

That combines desperation, awkwardness and shame. Top that. (Probably you could, there are probably worst moments in Sensei Negima)

Tengu_temp
2009-04-23, 07:27 AM
End of Evangelion. "I'm disgusting."

averagejoe
2009-04-23, 07:29 AM
Well, it isn't awkward in a sexual way, but I submit almost everything Vash the Stampede does. Of course, he's rarely embarrassed, but it's all pretty embarrassing and awkward.

Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaVJzL_HTVY&feature=related) is one of my favorites, starting from around 2:25 and going to the end credits.

Also here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee8f4zD8j1k) from 3:20-4:10.

Gosh that guy is wacky.

Coplantor
2009-04-23, 08:27 AM
End of Evangelion. "I'm disgusting."

Ooh. I forgot abot that... it feels wierd everytime I think about that particular moment...

GoC
2009-04-23, 08:50 AM
Any time someone does something monumentally stupid in public.

This. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvWTykJXK-4&feature=PlayList&p=4C97BCA0BEBB2AA1&index=12&playnext=10&playnext_from=PL) From 6:20 onwards.

The Tygre
2009-04-23, 02:36 PM
Nobody's gonna' talk about that scene in Code Geass where Nina Einstein was masturbating to a picture of the Princess? No one? No one else found that awkward. I just remember going, my exact words, "Was she just... to... *hand over mouth* Ohhhh my God..." I mean, just... whoa. The masturbation scene in End of Evangelion was awkward, yeah, but THIS, this was detailed. It had her sweating and panting and some rather implicative shots of her hands. End of Evangelion was masked, and I suspect probably symbolism for something (everything else was), to say nothing of the original Manga, where, before he can begin, Asuka wakes up, tackles Shinji, and proceeds to choke him in the -exact same fashion- as her mother did to her, all the while in this kind of zombie-like fugue state. She stops before she can finish and then heads back to bed while Shinji gets the Hell out of there. Not awkward, but somehow awesome. As for Code Geass: I highly suspect that if Code Geass didn't have all it's fan-service and awkward moments, not nearly as many people wold watch it.

Tengu_temp
2009-04-23, 03:20 PM
Well, that maybe could take the first place if I actually watched CG. It's also worth mentioning that Shinji, unlike Nina, is the main protagonist of his show, which also increases the awkwardness factor.

Oracle_Hunter
2009-04-23, 03:38 PM
Well, that maybe could take the first place if I actually watched CG. It's also worth mentioning that Shinji, unlike Nina, is the main protagonist of his show, which also increases the awkwardness factor.
And don't forget that, in the case of my clip, Shinji was currently obsessing over Rei - and totally had the hots for her. Did you see the stone cold rejection he got there? Dude.