PDA

View Full Version : Classes in the Playground

Pages : [1] 2

Lord Herman
2009-04-23, 08:16 AM
Classes
in the Playground

Main Thread | Nominations | Polls

Welcome to Classes in the Playground, the thirty-third ...in the Playground contest. This contest was about the four traditional classes of Dungeons and Dragons: the Fighter, the Rogue, the Cleric, and the Wizard.

Fighter in the Playground

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Classes_FighterGold.png
With 31 votes, Fredthefighter gets the gold trophy!

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Classes_FighterSilver.png
Graymayre wins silver with 15 votes.

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Classes_FighterBronze.png
horngeek got only one vote, and gets the bronze trophy.

Rogue in the Playground

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Classes_RogueGold.png
TwoBitWriter wins the Rogue category with 19 votes.

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Classes_RogueSilver.png
Kid Kris got 17 votes, winning him the silver trophy.

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Classes_RogueBronze.png
With 15 votes, Murska gets bronze.

Cleric in the Playground

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Classes_ClericGold.png
Tempest Fennac is voted Cleric in the Playground with 29 votes!

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Classes_ClericSilver.png
Saint Nil ends second with 14 votes.

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Classes_ClericBronze.png
with 7 votes, Coplantor wins bronze.

Wizard in the Playground

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Classes_WizardGold.png
Amiria is re-elected for Wizard in the Playground with 21 votes!

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Classes_WizardSilver.png
Blue Ghost wins silver with 15 votes.

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/Classes_WizardBronze.png
The Randomizer got 9 votes, and wins the bronze trophy.

horngeek
2009-04-23, 08:30 AM
Horngeek for Fighter in the Playground!

Now, see, the reason why you should vote for my player, Horngeek, as Fighter in the Playground is-
*flying kicks Daisuke*
*fight scene rated M for repeated kicks to Daisuke's head*
NO! YOU'RE ONLY SUPPOSED TO BE ON FFRP! GET BACK THERE!
okay...

Horngeek: So much of a fighter that he can beat his own character.

Tempest Fennac
2009-04-23, 08:36 AM
Please could you guys nominate me for Cleric? While I'm nowhere near as powerful as a D&D Cleric, I have been able to help a lot of people by sending them Reiki (I've been using it as a "bluff" for people who are worried about tests as well as using it to help them will pains and illnesses). Also, Reiki revolves around channeling positive energy with the help of spirit guides, so it's similar to the sort of magic which Clerics use in that sense as well.

TwoBitWriter
2009-04-23, 09:03 AM
Nominate TwoBitWriter for Rogue ITP

I know what you're thinking. Why would Twobi go for Rogue and not Wizard or Bard? What's up wid dat? :smallconfused:

Well the answer is quite simple. I am, in reality, a rogue with a few ranks in Craft (writing) and have no magical affinity beyond a smooth tongue and penchant for bad prose. :smallbiggrin:

And, while you think I don't post as often as some, in reality I'm merely stalking in lurker mode and striking only when my bonuses are optimal and I get extra sneak attack dice to my post. I am most certainly a night person and prefer nighttime activities. They may have mellowed out somewhat due to my recently acquired mantle of domestication, but make no mistake. I was and am a night owl like the best of 'em.

I could bring in some more nerdy examples. The Rogue has been my favorite D&D Class. My first character ever was a 1st Edition AD&D Thief named Mick, who got tricked into putting on a Girdle of Femininity and then impregnated by the party Half-Orc... but we don't need to go into that. My mom was a harsh DM...:smallannoyed:

I have played a rogue in every edition of D&D that has been released (even a one-time run in the old-school paperback booklets that only went up to level 3) so I know all the ins and outs of this class.

So, nominate me, TwoBitWriter, for Rogue In The Playground!

TwoBitWriter: He's watching you now with a dagger and a grin. :smallamused:

UncleWolf
2009-04-23, 09:05 AM
I'll nominate Twobitwriter for Rogue itp.

Seriously, he is a Devilishly Handsome Rogue or maybe a Roguishly Handsome Devil. :smalltongue:

Either way, he's good.

InaVegt
2009-04-23, 09:22 AM
Okay, so you guys know of my recent victory as Mouse in the Playground, right?

Even though I'm clearly a fox, who eat mice, not exactly friends.

You know how I did that?

Epic disguise, to look like a mouse.
Epic bluff to sway voters to think I really was a mouse.
Epic diplomacy to motivate people to vote (for me)
Epic use magic device to help my other skills out.

Notice how all of those are rogue skills?

But those are not my only skills, of course not.

I have epic search, I can find things that have been lost for years, without even so much as effort.
I have epic craft(software), as shown by my software creation skills and ease of getting academic credit in a computer engineering major.
I have epic perform(acting), as shown by having played in a few plays, as well as being considered a good roleplayer by most friends.
I have epic sleight of hand, as shown by my pseudo-magic skills.
I have epic use rope, just ask my ex.

Notice how all of those are rogue skills?

Now, I do have some magical ability, but that's because I'm a bard.

Not a problem, because bard is, like thief, a subclass of rogue, just ask any ADnD player.

Ina for Rogue ITP, or she'll steal the trophies!

Dirk Kris
2009-04-23, 10:19 AM
I totally nominate Twoobi for Rogue!

Fan
2009-04-23, 10:34 AM
Nominate Night Surgeon Wizard in the playground!
Why would we nominate a Surgeon for Wizard itp?
Well, it's simple really.

1. When I first came to this little part of the boards I was a Elven Vampire Ninja/Wizard, sure there were some cheese problems at first, but that's what we've addressed as first charecter syndrome.

2.Every charecter I have made EVER has been a magic user, yes even that one, and most of them Wizards in the arcane aspect.

3. It's always been my motto that if beating it with a sharp stick of metal doesn't work then try sending it to the plane of oblivion instead.

4. Even IC, I've shown a tendency to flaunt my magical prowess a distinctly wizardly trait of being addicted to magical power, and OOC I've shown to be very studious in the arts of science, and as a well known Pillsbury dough boy would say "Sufficently advanced technology is indistinguishable from sufficently advanced magic.".

5. Because I'll polymorph into a bugbear and eat you if you don't.

6. Ask the ladies. I've got the magic touch.:smallwink:

My theme- a DnD themed version of TTGL's Row Row Fight the powah made Wizardly. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avRuZ4QLWek)

Cast the uncastable,
see invisible,
Row Row Wizard powah!
Wish the Undoable
Chill touch the untouchable,
Thunder wave the unbreakable
Row Row Wizard powah!
What cha gonna do is what you wanna do. Interpret the rules, and you'll see the truth.
It's the power of the arcane coming through baby.
Row, Row, Wizard Powah!
Power for the dream, Power for the means
Row Row Wizard powah!
Always missing a piece, always so incomplete.
I'm the most incredible caster from the Mage's underground.
ROW ROW Wizard POWAH!
See how easy all the fighters fall down?
Digging through ancient texts to create the light.
Let's cast it all babe that's the way to survive!
I'm the head of this 5 man set,
you say that's impossible, well do you wanna bet?
Row Row Wizard powah!
Alot of things changed when 4th ed roll'd around
Been waitin in vain for that source book to bring the others down
If you wanna be the best, no pain no gain.
Row Row Wizard powah.
WOW, Fighters wanna test me again,
sorry, mind rape's gonna wreck your brain.
We're gonna make it happen with our crazy casting skills.
Cast the Uncastable,
See the invisible.
ROW ROW Wizard Powah.
Chill touch the untouchable
Wish the undoable
Row Row Wizard powah!
What cha gonna do is what you wanna do. Interpret the rules, and you'll see the truth.
It's the power of me coming through baby.
Row, Row, Wizard Powah!
2nd verse dedicated to the Real full casters
What we gotta cast is such a real thing
Coz Martial charecters just ain't gonna get wise.
Row Row Wizard powah!
Casting the power flow, Summoning the Elemental sub type.
Open the arcane, and see the truth.
I'm about to hit you with the SHOUT from the Mage's underground.
Ebberon is covered in the Arcane favor,
Mage in your area,
the toughest enigma
Cast the uncastable,
see invisible,
Row Row Wizard powah!
Wish the Undoable
Chill touch the untouchable,
Row Row Wizard powah!
Row Row Wizard powah!
Row Row Wizard power!
Row Row Wizard power!

Night Surgeon Wizard itp, Row Row Caster powah!:smallbiggrin:

Fredthefighter
2009-04-23, 10:41 AM
Vote Fredthefighter for Fighter in the playground!
Okay, I have a few reasons why you should nominate and maybe even vote for me.
1) I am a fighter. A dwarven fighter to be exact.
2) Fighter is the favoured class of Dwarves like myself.
3) I'm naturally pugnacious, which is what any self-respecting fighter needs to be. If I get hit, I hit back.
4) I couldn't think of a number 4.
5?) Unlike other fighters who rely on energy blasts and fancy tricks, I make do with the gifts my class has given me. I don't need no Fleccha Divina or explosive hand grenades, give me a good ol' metal stick and I'll give the bad guys something to cry about.
6) The epitome of fighter is the warrior who protects his friends and allies by putting his own life on the line. Each day I play the part of the "meatshield" and take the force of each blow for the good of all.
7) Some fighters think they're powerful enough to go solo and sometimes they're right. However, a good fighter knows and understands the value of teamwork. I understand this, I understand that I provide the rogue with a flank in melee combat, I understand that without the cleric, I would succumb to the wounds I suffer in combat and I understand that without the wizard I would be defeated by foes that simple steel cannot kill.

So go ahead, nominate (and maybe even vote for :smallsmile:) Fredthefighter for fighter itP.
Fredthefighter: Protecting your face with his own since 1993.

Hyozo
2009-04-23, 10:53 AM
No warlock (Me IC), no duskblade (The most statistically appropriate class for the real me), no artificier (The class I would want to be). Nope, I'm not getting anything here. Good luck Fred and Night Surgeon.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-04-23, 11:06 AM
RabbitHoleLost supports FredtheFighter for Fighter itP.
I mean, come on.
Duh.

TwoBitWriter
2009-04-23, 11:08 AM
I'd back up Fredthefighter for fighter ITP anyday! :smallbiggrin:

Amiria
2009-04-23, 11:38 AM
I want to defend my title, if that's possible. So please someone nominate me for ... you know what. :smallsmile:

Cleric
Fenric (is he still active here ?)
Surly Seraph

Fighter
Fred the Fighter

Rogue
El Jaspero the Pirate King (is he still active here ?)

Fredthefighter
2009-04-23, 11:42 AM
Wow, thanks people. :smallsmile:
*Thumbs up to Twobit, Rabbit, Amiria and Hyozo*
Hmmmmmm, I just had an idea.
http://i39.tinypic.com/ivxsuq.jpg
Yep, you all gain official Fred Seals of Awesome.

Haruki-kun
2009-04-23, 11:45 AM
Support Haruki for...... Nothing, actually. :smalltongue:

*lurks*

Kaelaroth
2009-04-23, 11:49 AM
Wow, thanks people. :smallsmile:
*Thumbs up to Twobit, Rabbit, Amiria and Hyozo*
Hmmmmmm, I just had an idea.
http://i39.tinypic.com/ivxsuq.jpg
Yep, you all gain official Fred Seals of Awesome.

Not quite as good as some other GitPers seals of awesome. I suggest you refine it. *nod nod*

Fredthefighter
2009-04-23, 11:57 AM
Not quite as good as some other GitPers seals of awesome. I suggest you refine it. *nod nod*

I only have MS Paint and very little artistic skills. Also, I don't have a scanner and I don't want to download special programs that I have no time to learn how to use (I have trouble with using photoshop so anything more advanced/complicated is going to cause problems).
So that's pretty much the limit of my artistic skills on a computer. Apologies to anyone dissapointed by this.
Heck, I don't have much artistic skills in RL anyway, I took Drama as my art option at GCSE and my drawing skills are limited to small doodles.

wxdruid
2009-04-23, 11:57 AM
I'll just be waiting for Druid itP someday... I already have wizard-warrior :smallsmile:

Lord Herman
2009-04-23, 11:59 AM
The best seals of approval include obvious puns.

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/SealOfApproval.png

Fredthefighter
2009-04-23, 12:05 PM
The best seals of approval include obvious puns.

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/SealOfApproval.png

I have no idea how I'd draw that effectively in MS Paint. I'm serious. The most I've drawn in MS Paint is a giant mouse shooting a hyper beam out of its mouth.
I have put the heads of various people on bodies that I drew and turned them into pokemon creatures though (Bill Gates as Microgates, Steve Jobs as Jobippo, etc, etc).

InaVegt
2009-04-23, 12:16 PM
I support Freddy for Fighter,
Amiria for Wizard,
Twobitwriter for Rogue,
RabbitHoleLove for Multiclass.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-23, 01:19 PM
DD for rogue itp!

What the heck? DD is probably one of the most un-rogue like people around here, with his many posts.

Yes! Hiding in plain sight! You'l expect a happy post. I mean. Really, you do.

And then! SPLORCH! A sneak attack!

I've always preferred a strike on the right place when one doesn't expect it then just trying to fight somebody.

I have actually, IRL, shot somebody in the back with a un-tipped arrow and shouted ''Sneak Attack!''

Also the Sneak-DD debacle, we disguised as eachother, actually confused and deceived lots of people.

I'm probably one who you would have expected it least from, but thats me. Not obvious, just hiding in it.

I'm one sneaky bastard!
I just hide it well.:smallamused:

Boo
2009-04-23, 01:31 PM
Nominate Boo for Nothing itP! >>

D_Lord
2009-04-23, 01:41 PM
Nominate D_Lord Sorcerer in the Playground!
1. Sure I mult-classed for more spells, but you got to love a Spell caster that doesn't need to use a book.
2. I get extra mile out the Charisma, minions and more powerful spells, what isn't to love.
3.Vote for me or I'll Meteor Swarm or Energy Drain you and then cast Familicide on what is left of you.

Lord Herman
2009-04-23, 02:14 PM
There are already four categories in this contest, so I'm not including any extra ones. But as is says in the intro post, this won't be the only contest about classes; there'll be other ones with the iconic classes I left out.

Fan
2009-04-23, 02:14 PM
It's on like Bat guano and Sulfur Amiria.:smalltongue:

Graymayre
2009-04-23, 03:32 PM
Nominate Graymayre for Fighter in the Playground

Courage
Compassion
Determination
A big Frickin' Halberd

These are the attributes playgrounders think of when they hear the name "Graymayre".

Born and raised on the wall of Azure City, Graymayre grew up with a weapon in one hand, and a dream in the other. A dream to one day gain the prestigious title of Halberd in the Playground Fighter in the Playground. At the tender age of 5, Graymayre singlehandedly crushed a goblin invasion by sheer will and determination. At 10, he parlayed the peace of the nearby rival metropolis of Magenta City with Azure City (while simultaneously finding a cure for super-cancer). Yes, all around the land, people had great expectations for Graymayre.

But then, tragedy struck. In a single night his entire family passed away from disease/dragon attack/ninja death squad/food poisoning. Since then, he has dedicated his life to the safety of all playgrounders. Using his family's exorbitant funds, he has opened several hundred charities to various illnesses and diseases.

"I wish to become FighterITP and go to the moon and do the other thing! Not because it is easy but because it is hard!"

"I have a great feeling of pride when I say the words:
Ich bin ein Playgrounder!"

Slogans:
-Graymayre: Azure candidate for Fighter in the Playground!
-Graymayre: Halberd could he possibly be?
-Graymayre: More like Greatmayre!

Boo
2009-04-23, 03:53 PM
Slogans:
-Graymayre: Halberd could he possibly be?

Pun... taking over body... must fight it... losing... AHHHH!!!

Graymayre must be ob-hayed. Vote Graymayre, or be trampled by Hal the Bored and his pony posse.

... *grows halberds for feet* GAH!

FireFox
2009-04-23, 05:22 PM
Hello Playground. I want to start what some of you are probably realizing is a campaign speech by saying that I endorse both FredtheFighter and Horngeek for FighteritP. All I wish to do right now is give the two and Graymayre a little friendly competition, and so I am running for that category. As the American General Douglas MacArthur, who is coincidentally my role model, said in a speech at West Point, "On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory". To all of my opponents I simply say: "If you want it, earn it". Of course, my campaign is not based on whimsy. Those of you who already know of me have probably already dismissed me as a belligerent child with a rather martial disposition. Those of you who have gotten to know me a little better would know that it is my ardent desire to become a soldier, an officer in the military, and a fighter for my country. I like to describe myself by quoting General Patton, “I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight”. Not so much because I am actually a soldier right now, but more because I have that mentality of winning my battles.
So, Playground, has this little speech swayed you in any way? Does my personal life, the fact that I am running my campaign based as myself and not as an online persona, and my militaristic mentality count for this contest of RPG classes enough to at least provide some competition for my worthy opponents?

FireFox for FighteritP, it’s all about the Fighter Mentality.

billtodamax
2009-04-23, 05:28 PM
FtF4FitP!
It's the logical choice.

Amiria
2009-04-23, 06:06 PM
It's on like Bat guano and Sulfur Amiria.:smalltongue:

I love the smell of bat guano in the morning.1 And my first word was "Fireball". :smalltongue:

1 = Not really, but that reminds me of what a wise wizzard said about it once:

"... an eye of newt, some tears from a scorned lover, and a pinch of bat guano."
[Pause.]
"Class, remember that when you cast this spell, you are advised to use dried bat guano."
- Elmunchster, remembering why he hated that spell in the first place.

Tarmikos
2009-04-23, 06:53 PM
My nomination for Fighter in the Playground goes to Graymayre.

Or rather, Greatmayre, and his great big halberd :smallbiggrin:

jolle antipathy
2009-04-23, 06:53 PM
Graymayre is a balling pimp machine, I nominate him for Fighter in the playground. He rocks face with his mind controlling dry humor and his sexy halbred skills.

Crimmy
2009-04-23, 06:55 PM
Crimmy for:
Wizard In The Playground

I first entered this Playground, only a novice caster, known only as "The Crimson Mage". Many praised me as a powerful wizard, especially when I mastered the Avatarist skills by following the Great Masters.

Much has been seen, from reviving dead greek guys who managed to kill gods, to bringing alien beings from the future to this place. No one can deny that it is in fact a great feat.

This being has also transmutated, from his original self of a Shadow caster, to a Wizard Drow, and also a Warmage Drow. This, of course, happened to be known by the Giant and his Powerful Minions. One of them granted the wizard another name, so that he could be recognized from others who claimed the color of blood as their own.

For this, I must say that he also secluded himself from the world for a little time, for the Studies of the arcane can never be completed in one lifetime.
Still, this decided caster worked hard to improve every day, until it finally came to be a great Wizard [who also happened to multiclass to Barbarian:smalltongue:].

This story is not only the truth, but it is also veridic :smallbiggrin:.

For this, I only say:

Vote Crimmy for Wizard in the Playground:

Because I put the "Nation" in "Damnation!".

-Alt: Choose the 'mon, or choose the Summon!

Fan
2009-04-23, 07:15 PM
Yeah, well my first words happened to be something more along the lines of "Finger of Death", and directed at a mugger, but the blasty stuff is cool too. Flashy, if abit brutish though. You see that is where you stray from the true path of wizardry. Wizardry is about being prepared for the complex problems in life one can't solve by simply beating with a sharp metal stick, and be protected from by a simple metal shell. What Wizardry is about is choosing your own path, and making it with your own hands, weather it be that of a Diviner, where the way may not be clear, but you know where to slip through only to find yourself swarmed by the unseen problems, or that of a Necromancer, who's problems he ends with but a flick of a finger, but is mobbed by the undead he had once cherished so. Simply put, there is no single path to the mastery of wizardry, and if one chooses just one path you will die a painful death. The True path lies in the way of the Generalist Wizard,all paths are open to his mighty hands, and all ways cleared by his many magicks. For in the Generalist wizard you have me, and in I you have the path to Ultimate Arcane mastery. Thus, I present my reasons for my nomination.

1. As a Elven Generalist I have the broadest amount of spells to choose from, and it is the Sorceror's lot to be stuck with the limited options he started with, not a wizards.

2. Would you really see a reason to give someone a COPY of the award they already have? It's the same thing, and I believe it's time Amrira stepped down, and let a true wizard take the title. /gilbness

3. Ask any of the people I AIM with, I'm as quick as a whip, and have a near photographic memory for anything I read. Perfect wizard traits.:smallcool:

4. I read my entire library at the age of 8. Addicted to knowledge you say? Hell yes. Yet another wizard trait I possess.

Blue Ghost
2009-04-23, 08:47 PM
Blue Ghost for Wizard In the Playground

My life has been dedicated to the mastery of knowledge and arcane power. And finally, by my own efforts, I have mastered all but the most powerful epic spells. As a 17th-level generalist wizard, I possess an unmatched store of arcane knowledge. And to those of you who know me well, it should be apparent that I, Blue Ghost, have never strayed from the path of wizardry. My every appearance on these boards has been punctuated with displays of my arcane prowess. Never have I handled a weapon other than my trusty staff and arsenal of spells. Is there another here who can match my dedication to the arcane arts? I think not.

And yet, despite my pursuit of wizardry, I know that there is a far greater force than any that mortals that master. I have spent my life pursuing arcane power, not for my own ends, but for the cause of Law and Good. I employed my mastery of prismatic spray to aid the Playground against the threat of the clone invasion last year. I continue to use my wizardry to destroy evil in the Playground, as any of my friends can attest. If you vote me for Wizard In the Playground, I, as the representative of the arcane masters in our realm, will ensure that the arcane arts will be used to strike a mighty blow for Law and Good.

Blue Ghost: Arcana for Justice, Arcana for Life

Crimmy
2009-04-23, 08:47 PM
Ehm, I'm sorry to say that being aggresive is hardly the path of the Wizard.

Well, I shall not try to give a sharp retort to Night Surgeon, Elven Generalist.

As you can see, the only thing I try to show is that I have been a Wizard for a long time, but I have not been recognized by many, mostly because they claim that they have total arcane knowledge.

The only thing I shall accuse the Surgeon of, is that he himself accused me of having a one-sided view of magic, when in fact I have showed many times my different abilities. There are very few wizards who follow just one path of the Arcane, but that is not me.

I use the elements, I not only "reanimate" the dead, I give Resurrection.
I follow the Forbidden and the Holy.
And I am an artist too, and not a bard, excuse me, but an artist of beings.
I create faces, bodies, people and animals, spirits an demons, the whole shebang.

So, I tell you, follow the original and unique Crimmy, the only possible union of Black Mage and Red Mage, the most honorable in the pratice of the Magic and Arcane. Because I am The Crimson Mage!

Coplantor
2009-04-23, 10:43 PM
Vote Coplantor for
Cultist Cleric itp!

So, from all the classes cleric? Seriously? Yeah, seriously. It's been my favourite class since 2nd ed. But lets think about it a little bit more. Am I a wizard? I dont think so, I can hardly focus into one thing, so I cannot even start to imagine what preparing spells from a book might feel like!
Am I a rogue? Ha, I have far more chances of beign a wizard than a rogue, I'm not the kind of guy who can pass unnoticed, I'm quite particular regarding my looks and my personality and I'm also pretty loud. A fighter perhaps? Nope, I'm ot a fighter I'm a lover o yeeeees...
But what was the one thing that I always did since I joined this forums? I preached, I preached the word of the magnificent life one can have if only he accepts the true chaos of the world. Cause and effect? Just a string of cassualities, very predictable cassualities. Once we understand that, what use have we for sciences? None, after all, the world will be run by random chains of events and of course magic, the true power behind the absurdity of the universe. And I want to amass all that power, and bring glory to my cultists fellow men of faith as the world slowly returns to it's primal state of chaos.
So vote for me, dont be foolish anouh to let the others convince you with pretty discourses and reasons, come to me I'a Coplantor I'a Cthulhu!

Curing all the sanity of the world!

Fan
2009-04-24, 06:02 AM
Ehm, I'm sorry to say that being aggresive is hardly the path of the Wizard.

Well, I shall not try to give a sharp retort to Night Surgeon, Elven Generalist.

As you can see, the only thing I try to show is that I have been a Wizard for a long time, but I have not been recognized by many, mostly because they claim that they have total arcane knowledge.

The only thing I shall accuse the Surgeon of, is that he himself accused me of having a one-sided view of magic, when in fact I have showed many times my different abilities. There are very few wizards who follow just one path of the Arcane, but that is not me.

I use the elements, I not only "reanimate" the dead, I give Resurrection.
I follow the Forbidden and the Holy.
And I am an artist too, and not a bard, excuse me, but an artist of beings.
I create faces, bodies, people and animals, spirits an demons, the whole shebang.

So, I tell you, follow the original and unique Crimmy, the only possible union of Black Mage and Red Mage, the most honorable in the pratice of the Magic and Arcane. Because I am The Crimson Mage!

I thought this was Wizard itp, not weird FF class fusion itp.:smalltongue:
On my earlier post though, you had said that you had taken the path of the warmage at some point in the past yet you claim that aggression is not in a wizard's nature, while I whole heartedly agree, except in cases of self defence, I wonder how you have come to this, and wish for you to elaborate.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-24, 06:08 AM
Ah. And so it begins. Well, here I am, and to start with, I will tell you exactly what you should be doing in size 7 font. You'll see the relevance of this later.

Ahem...

VOTE KID KRIS FOR ROGUE ITP!!!

By now you're probably asking, why? What could this random dude with a slightly unhealthy obsession with the color red offer us? Well, for one thing, I could offer you gold...

*tosses gold pouch at reader*

... Oh wait, that was your gold? Heh. Sorry. At least you have it back now.

Anyway, where was I. Oh yes. 'What can I offer you?' How about a speech?

Ahem.

Nominate me for Rogue ITP. Why? Well, first lets take a look at the competition.
Hmm. Yes. Lets see... lets see... Ah, nice. Good bluff check there. Hey! Cuddly! Now get away from my cookies. I think I've identified the problem. See, thing is, none of these people are rogues. Yes. I went there. I just bashed all my running mates in a single blow. You know why I think none of these people are rogues? Let's take a look at what 'rogue' actually means.

rogue
   /roʊg/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [rohg] Show IPA noun, verb, rogued, ro⋅guing, adjective
–noun
1. a dishonest, knavish person; scoundrel.
2. a playfully mischievous person; scamp: The youngest boys are little rogues.
3. a tramp or vagabond.
4. a rogue elephant or other animal of similar disposition.
5. Biology. a usually inferior organism, esp. a plant, varying markedly from the normal.

Now, I think we can ignore the last two, since I have it on good authority that none of those in the running are plants, inferior organisms, elephants, tigers or three-ton rhinoceroses named Desmond. Meaning three can go as well, since the fact that we all have computers with internet access pretty much destroys any claim to vagrancy (though if you see a hobo with a laptop and high-speed wi-fi, let me know).
So lets look at the first too. Is there anything about gaining Xd6 extra damage when flanking someone? No. Is there anything about bluff checks? No. Is there anything about cuddly cookie stealing monstrosities? No. Is there anything at all to do with thievery? No no no no no.
Roguishness, my friends, is not about what you do. It's about how you go about doing it. When you call someone a rogue, you refer to their behavior.

If you stalk people and murder them for money, does that make you a rogue? No, it makes you an assassin.
If you steal, does that make you a rogue? No, it makes you a thief.
If you trick someone in to believing you are someone who you aren't in order to gain wealth, are you a rogue? No, you are a Nigerian. Er... that is to say, a con-man.

Yes, a rogue can do/does all the above things, but more importantly, he does it with flair. And not your typical 'step right up ladies and gentlemen' circus flair. A true rogue knows know bounds. A true rogue lies and steals and does generally nasty things, and makes you like him for it. He doesn't just steal, he does it in the most over the top, Ocean's Eleven right-under-your-noses way.

You don't just rob the caravan, you hold the caravan up, woo the ladies, threaten to steal their lupins and rave about trees, then go ahead and steal all their gold anyway, while still being the charmingest, most magnificent bastard there is.

You don't just take a few coins from the baron's manor in the dead of night through the bathroom window, you stride right up to the front door in the wee hours of the morning, waltz past the guards, seduce the kitchen girl and get the location of the baron's vault, ignore the vault, rob the baron's bedroom while he's still in it, leave, return, rob the vault anyway, and paint a thank you note on the wall in 7-foot high letters (told you) using the hundred-thousand-dollar white truffles he was saving for his knighting party. Screw the humiliation conga. Your job is to make the baron dance the humiliation macarena, making him run crying to his bed, only it isn't there, because you stole it, so he goes crying to his wet-nurse instead, only she's too busy swooning at your awesomeness and laughing at his suck to care.

You are the folk hero. You are the untouchable ghost who can walk right into the king's palace and steal the crown jewels right off his head. That's what a rogue really is. Robin Hood was a rogue. **** Turpin was a rogue. Hell, James Bond is a rogue. And with these mighty (and very, very sexy men) in mind, I would be honored if you voted me Rogue ITP. Because I know what a rogue really is, and it isn't the smelly, dirty thief who burglerized someone's house and managed to get away with it. A true rogue doesn't just steal his target's possessions, he steals his target's ego. And in the case of heroic rogues like me, we choose said targets carefully. The corrupt, the tyrannical. Destroying the status quo. Because the status is not... quo. The world is a mess, and we... are making it messier, I guess. But that's not the point. The point is you should vote me for Rogue ITP (sexy prefix optional). And to my competitors, I have but this message:

All your votes are belong to us. (The gold was nice, too).
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/RogueITPbanner.png

Saint Nil
2009-04-24, 06:57 AM
Looks at Blue Ghost and Night.

.....Damn it.

TwoBitWriter
2009-04-24, 07:33 AM
rogue
   /roʊg/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [rohg] Show IPA noun, verb, rogued, ro⋅guing, adjective
–noun
1. a dishonest, knavish person; scoundrel.
2. a playfully mischievous person; scamp: The youngest boys are little rogues.
3. a tramp or vagabond.
4. a rogue elephant or other animal of similar disposition.
5. Biology. a usually inferior organism, esp. a plant, varying markedly from the normal..

You are forgetting that this is for the Rogue as a class. Therefore, ALL aspects of the class must be considered, not the dictionary definition.

Also, you obviously don't know me very well at all, do you. :smallamused:

Those who know me will know that I am actually quite the playful, mischievious scoundrel and I have been known for a bit of dishonesty (Anyone remember my sexy fireman pic in the "You" thread? Everybody believed that was actually me for MONTHS. Nevermind the fact I had posted real pictures of me more than once. I still get random PM's about how hot I am. I call that a hell of a bluff and disguise act:smallamused:)

Point is, part of being a good rogue is being able to observe as well as be charismatic. You obviously failed your perception checks. Your bluff could use a little work as well.

Draig
2009-04-24, 01:54 PM
I Nominate Graymare for fighter in the playground.

Hail his Halberdness.

Tempest Fennac
2009-04-24, 01:56 PM
Draig, Lord Herman will make a separate nomination thread in the future (this thread is just for campaigning).

DrakebloodIV
2009-04-24, 02:10 PM
VOTE DRAKEBLOOD4 FOR ROGUE ITP

Because he's so sneaky, even his campaign speech is invisible

Falgorn
2009-04-24, 02:36 PM
Nominate Falgorn for not rogue, but Ranger IN The PLAYGROUND!

You may be thinking: "Why should I nominate Falgorn? Nobody knows him, and he looks like a ninja!" I'll tell you why I should be Ranger In The PLayground: Because like any good ranger in real life, I care about you and the safety of you. And of nature. I try to help those who need it, and unlike other classes. *Ahem* ...barbarian and fighter... I have the wisdom to cast spells! Vote me!
:smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:
"TOGETHER, WE CAN TRIUMPH!"

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-24, 02:41 PM
*coughBelkarcough*

That was all.

Fredthefighter
2009-04-24, 02:44 PM
Nominate Falgorn for not rogue, but Ranger IN The PLAYGROUND!

You may be thinking: "Why should I nominate Falgorn? Nobody knows him, and he looks like a ninja!" I'll tell you why I should be Ranger In The PLayground: Because like any good ranger in real life, I care about you and the safety of you. And of nature. I try to help those who need it, and unlike other classes. *Ahem* ...barbarian and fighter... I have the wisdom to cast spells! Vote me!
:smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:
"TOGETHER, WE CAN TRIUMPH!"

Actually, I've got a hearty wisdom score of 15. :smalltongue:
If there was a Ranger itP, you would totally get my vote though.

Current status.
Cleric: Saint Nil
Fighter: Abstaining for obvious reasons.
Rogue: DD/Twobit
Wizard: Undecided

Emperor Ing
2009-04-24, 02:46 PM
Rand for Wizard ITP

Because I put the "Ridiculously Overpowered" into your 9th level spell slots.
You know its a fact. :smallannoyed:

Falgorn
2009-04-24, 02:50 PM
Actually, I've got a hearty wisdom score of 15. :smalltongue:
If there was a Ranger itP, you would totally get my vote though.

Current status.
Cleric: Saint Nil
Fighter: Abstaining for obvious reasons.
Rogue: DD/Twobit
Wizard: Undecided

There's no Ranger ITP?
Well, Fred, you get a cake AND my seal:http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss177/quiglar12/NinjaAvatar3-17.png
I approve of your evil methods...:smallamused:

Crimmy
2009-04-24, 02:52 PM
Okay guys, now we're screwed.
Rand is on the game, Rand is the winner of the game.

Everybody else, please, jump overboard, before it's too late! :smalleek:

Fredthefighter
2009-04-24, 02:54 PM
There's no Ranger ITP?
Well, Fred, you get a cake AND my seal:http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss177/quiglar12/NinjaAvatar3-17.png
I approve of your evil methods...:smallamused:

I shall inform you that my alignment is actually Chaotic Good. As I fit into the "Rebel" crowd.

Nominate Fredthefighter for Fighter itP.
Fredthefighter: Screw the rules I have bonus feats!

Thufir
2009-04-24, 03:15 PM
(Anyone remember my sexy fireman pic in the "You" thread? Everybody believed that was actually me for MONTHS. Nevermind the fact I had posted real pictures of me more than once. I still get random PM's about how hot I am. I call that a hell of a bluff and disguise act:smallamused:)

You're kidding right? People actually believed that was you?

Fan
2009-04-24, 03:15 PM
Okay guys, now we're screwed.
Rand is on the game, Rand is the winner of the game.

Everybody else, please, jump overboard, before it's too late! :smalleek:

Bah, you say winning is impossible, but in the wizard class we kick logic to the curb, and do the impossible. That's the Wizardly way.:smallcool:
Giving up is for the martial classes.:smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2009-04-24, 03:21 PM
As a wizard, I can also achieve the impossible. I learn that even gods can be killed. If I have to fight through one million warriors to get to their king, I will kill the one million warriors then have the king kill himself in the realization of utter hopelessness.

Anyways, Rand for Wizard Itp because i'm too sexy for my mortal body :smallcool:

Fredthefighter
2009-04-24, 03:22 PM
Bah, you say winning is impossible, but in the wizard class we kick logic to the curb, and do the impossible. That's the Wizardly way.:smallcool:
Giving up is for the martial classes.:smalltongue:

Last time I checked. It was the martial classes who take the hits for the casters. Face it, if the different classes don't work together, they fall.
United we stand, divided we fall.
A group without a fighter gets smushed by big monsters.
A group without a cleric succumbs to hundreds of tiny wounds.
A group without a rogue is caught unawares by deadly traps.
A group without a wizard is destroyed by a creature that cannot be defeated by simple steel.

Reinholdt
2009-04-24, 03:25 PM
Last time I checked. It was the martial classes who take the hits for the casters. Face it, if the different classes don't work together, they fall.
A group without a wizard is destroyed by a creature that cannot be defeated by simple steel.
The difference is that a wizard can totally dominate person all of them and have them do his bidding for him. :smalltongue:

Who needs allies when you can cast enchantment spells?

Fredthefighter
2009-04-24, 03:29 PM
The difference is that a wizard can totally dominate person all of them and have them do his bidding for him. :smalltongue:

Who needs allies when you can cast enchantment spells?

A true friend doesn't need to be enchanted. A true friend and ally will stand by you until their dying breath. A true friend will willingly give their life to protect you.
Also, two words.... will save.

Emperor Ing
2009-04-24, 03:30 PM
Personally, I prefer Iron-Fisted rule as opposed to Mental Rule.
"Do my bidding or i'll nuke you." hehe, good times.

Reinholdt
2009-04-24, 03:33 PM
A true friend doesn't need to be enchanted. A true friend and ally will stand by you until their dying breath. A true friend will willingly give their life to protect you.
Also, two words.... will save.
Pfft. If they pass the will save and you don't get other chances later to dominate them, I can tell you one thing.

You're playing the wizard wrong.

Fredthefighter
2009-04-24, 03:36 PM
Pfft. If they pass the will save and you don't get other chances later to dominate them, I can tell you one thing.

Why waste your spell/spell slot when they're willing to do what you want anyway? Regardless of fear, power or anything.
A team of people who are friends fight twice as hard than a band of mercenaries who've never met each other.

Fan
2009-04-24, 03:38 PM

Except a wizard can Gate in the fighter/Cleric role with a Solar, the Cleric is a better fighter than the fighter with the right buffs, and any traps can be found by the Factotum much easier than the rouge.:smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2009-04-24, 03:39 PM
You're missing the point. Which is simply this.
Fighter = Fighter.
Rogue = Rogue.
Cleric = Cleric.
Wizard = Wizard + Fighter + Rogue + Cleric + whoever else the wizard wants.

Mordokai
2009-04-24, 03:40 PM

Pretty much, yeah.

Fan
2009-04-24, 03:42 PM
That, and enchantment is the weakest school of magic with damn near everything being immune, or damn near immune, to mind affecting abilities which IS the enchantment school outside of buffs.

Fredthefighter
2009-04-24, 03:45 PM
Except a wizard can Gate in the fighter/Cleric role with a Solar, the Cleric is a better fighter than the fighter with the right buffs, and any traps can be found by the Factotum much easier than the rouge.:smalltongue:

You said rouge, why would you want Moulin Rouge to find your traps? :smalltongue:
Also, that's the key point there, "buffs". Whatever buffs you can place on a cleric, you can put on a fighter.
I'm not just thinking end-game here. I'm thinking of the entire spectrum.
1st level to 5th level
Wizard is almost useless (Magic Missile doesn't cut it and their only useful spells are Summon Monster and Sleep)
Fighter kicks ass.
Cleric heals and kicks ass.
Rogue kicks ass.
5th level to 10th level
Wizard gets better with the addition of blasting spells like Fireball and better utility spells.
Fighter is still relatively kickass.
Cleric is still relatively kickass.
Rogue is still relatively kickass. (Those d6s are adding up)
10th level to 15th level
Wizard is now kickass. Very kickass.
Fighter is a bit less kickass as he begins to focus on tanking instead of dealing damage. (Relatively anyway)
Rogue is still the same, but special abilities are giving the rogue survivability.
15th to 20th level
Wizard is the lord of all creation, but still needs someone to take the hits. Especially when their fighting stuff like The Tarrasque.
Fighter is the damage sponge. Complete focus shift.
Cleric is kickass.
Rogue is still the same, probably 2nd/3rd on the "damage meter" depending on how the cleric is focused.

Mordokai
2009-04-24, 03:51 PM
That, and enchantment is the weakest school of magic with damn near everything being immune, or damn near immune, to mind affecting abilities which IS the enchantment school outside of buffs.

Tsk, tsk. Looks like somebody didn't study his spell book well enough.

Emperor Ing
2009-04-24, 03:56 PM
I only use Enchantment to double my asskickery. Nothing more or less.

Fan
2009-04-24, 04:03 PM
You said rouge, why would you want Moulin Rouge to find your traps? :smalltongue:
Also, that's the key point there, "buffs". Whatever buffs you can place on a cleric, you can put on a fighter.
I'm not just thinking end-game here. I'm thinking of the entire spectrum.
1st level to 5th level
Wizard is almost useless (Magic Missile doesn't cut it and their only useful spells are Summon Monster and Sleep)
Fighter kicks ass.
Cleric heals and kicks ass.
Rogue kicks ass.
5th level to 10th level
Wizard gets better with the addition of blasting spells like Fireball and better utility spells.
Fighter is still relatively kickass.
Rogue is still relatively kickass. (Those d6s are adding up)
10th level to 15th level
Wizard is now kickass. Very kickass.
Fighter is a bit less kickass as he begins to focus on tanking instead of dealing damage. (Relatively anyway)
Rogue is still the same, but special abilities are giving the rogue survivability.
15th to 20th level
Wizard is the lord of all creation, but still needs someone to take the hits. Especially when their fighting stuff like The Tarrasque.
Fighter is the damage sponge. Complete focus shift.
Cleric is kickass.
Rogue is still the same, probably 2nd/3rd on the "damage meter" depending on how the cleric is focused.

Lemme introduce you to the truth, as I have played a solo as a Conjuration domain wizard, and KNOW how this works from YEARS of playing

1st-5th level-
Wizard: Sleep, Color Spray, and Obscuring mist make combat as simple a coup de grace. Thats all in core without venturing out of core, but he can only do this about 1-2 times a encounter.
Cleric: Kind of a box of band aids right now, but can lay down some effective buffs outside of core.
Fighter: Doesn't really stop the monster from going around him, but manages to be useful
Rouge: Still not as good as the Factotum, or Beguiler.
6th-10th level:
Wizard: Pretty much disables the 3 encounters per day, and allows the fighter to whack them into death.
Cleric: Getting into his groove now, with the right buffs from the Wizard, and himself he becomes a step above the fighter. Due to the self only nature of cleric buffs this sadly doesn't apply to the fighter.
Fighter: Still useful but is beginning to get eclipsed by the Druid, and the Cleric
Rouge: Even worse then the Factotum, and the Beguiler now
11th-15th level:
Wizard: Can subsistute any role in the party with planar binding, and greater planar binding. Temporary, and costly, but that cost is substituted for effectiveness. Is also now able to reduce a 32 HD monster to -10 in one round, or disable it to where it might as well be catatonic.
Cleric: INSANE MEELE MONSTER 24/7 7 days a week, he has surpassed the fighter in all aspects.
Fighter: Crying himself to sleep asking why he didn't multi class.
Rouge: 100% eclipsed by the Factotum, and Beguiler.

Sad truth, Cleric, Druid, and Wizard are the best classes mechanicly at all levels.

Mordokai
2009-04-24, 04:06 PM
I can foresee a lot of flaming going on in here yet...

Fredthefighter
2009-04-24, 04:10 PM
Lemme introduce you to the truth, as I have played a solo as a Conjuration domain wizard, and KNOW how this works from YEARS of playing

1st-5th level-
Wizard: Sleep, Color Spray, and Obscuring mist make combat as simple a coup de grace. Thats all in core without venturing out of core, but he can only do this about 1-2 times a encounter.
Cleric: Kind of a box of band aids right now, but can lay down some effective buffs outside of core.
Fighter: Doesn't really stop the monster from going around him, but manages to be useful
Rouge: Still not as good as the Factotum, or Beguiler.
6th-10th level:
Wizard: Pretty much disables the 3 encounters per day, and allows the fighter to whack them into death.
Cleric: Getting into his groove now, with the right buffs from the Wizard, and himself he becomes a step above the fighter. Due to the self only nature of cleric buffs this sadly doesn't apply to the fighter.
Fighter: Still useful but is beginning to get eclipsed by the Druid, and the Cleric
Rouge: Even worse then the Factotum, and the Beguiler now
11th-15th level:
Wizard: Can subsistute any role in the party with planar binding, and greater planar binding. Temporary, and costly, but that cost is substituted for effectiveness. Is also now able to reduce a 32 HD monster to -10 in one round, or disable it to where it might as well be catatonic.
Cleric: INSANE MEELE MONSTER 24/7 7 days a week, he has surpassed the fighter in all aspects.
Fighter: Crying himself to sleep asking why he didn't multi class.
Rouge: 100% eclipsed by the Factotum, and Beguiler.

Sad truth, Cleric, Druid, and Wizard are the best classes mechanicly at all levels.

24/7? No buff lasts 24 hours, let alone 7 days, unless you use permanency, but then you end up with massive exp costs. Spell slots run out. Spell points run out.
Why bother bringing in aid when you already have the people here.
How is the cleric an insane melee monster anyway? d8 HD, 3/4 BAB progression, a lot less feats than the fighter, restrictions on weapons.
Sure Righteous Might can give you a temporary boost, but apart from that, what makes him a melee monster when the fighter is THE melee class (Barbarian is melee yeah but he's a different type of melee in my opinion). Hence the name "fighter", it's what we do. We fight things.

Fan
2009-04-24, 04:10 PM
I can foresee a lot of flaming going on in here yet...

I never said they were the best overall Mordy, I personally prefer the wizard because I can relate to them, but I do see the beautiful fluff in the aspects of the Fighter, Barbarian, and the other classes, I thought I was just stating what was basicly a pre known fact of 3.5 edition. What with Treantmonk's Guide to Playing God, and Logicninja's Guide to playing batman, in addition to the Divination God's eye's handbook, and the Necromancy, Conjuration, and Transmutation God's tool's books. (God reffering to the wizard.)
And everyone knows the Factotum is the incarnation of awesome mechanicly, although Rouge has FAR better fluff for any backstory, and I personally see Sneak attack as HORRIDLY under powered, and am a fan of Fax Celestis's fix's for all the classes that got shafted by WOTC's imbalances they created.

Fostire
2009-04-24, 04:11 PM
24/7? No buff lasts 24 hours, let alone 7 days, unless you use permanency, but then you end up with massive exp costs. Spell slots run out. Spell points run out.

Divine metamagic

Fredthefighter
2009-04-24, 04:18 PM
Divine metamagic

I might need to look that one up. Extend spell could be applied but even then it couldn't last an entire week.
Righteous Might
5th level spell.
Duration: 1 round/level
Okay, so 20 rounds at level 20. That's 2 minutes.
Using extend spell, that's 40 rounds or 4 minutes.
At level 20 with a Wis score of 29 (Base 18, all 5 ability boosts, +6 Periapt of Wisdom) a cleric can cast 7 5th level spells per day.
Extend spell makes Righteous Might a 6th level spell
So the cleric can cast it 5 times per day.
That adds up to 200 rounds. Which is 2 hours.

Fostire
2009-04-24, 04:24 PM
I might need to look that one up. Extend spell could be applied but even then it couldn't last an entire week.

Divine metamagic is a feat that lets you expend uses of turn undead to fuel metamagic feats.
There is a metamagic feat that makes a spells duration 24hours (I think its called persist spell). A cleric could use this metamagic feat and by expending turn undead uses instead of an increased spell level, he could apply it to most of his spells.

Add nightsticks for unlimited turn undead uses (works by RAW, but is probably not what was intended) and the cleric has buffs that last all day.

Fredthefighter
2009-04-24, 04:26 PM
Divine metamagic is a feat that lets you expend uses of turn undead to fuel metamagic feats.
There is a metamagic feat that makes a spells duration 24hours (I think its called persist spell). A cleric could use this metamagic feat and by expending turn undead uses instead of an increased spell level, he could apply it to most of his spells.

Add nightsticks for unlimited turn undead uses (works by RAW, but is probably not what was intended) and the cleric has buffs that last all day.

But that's bordering a little bit on munckinery there isn't it?
It sounds like clerics just exploit one feat to turn themselves into a god.
Isn't D&D meant to be fair anyway? Aren't all classes meant to be on an equal par?

Mordokai
2009-04-24, 04:27 PM
Isn't D&D meant to be fair anyway? Aren't all classes meant to be on an equal par?

Excuse me while I go roaring with laughter, over there, in the corner.

Fredthefighter
2009-04-24, 04:29 PM
Excuse me while I go roaring with laughter, over there, in the corner.

I meant that if wizards and clerics are so overpowered and everything, why does anyone play a different class?
Are the other classes just there to help the wizards and clerics level up into these all powerful gods?

Emperor Ing
2009-04-24, 04:29 PM
Isnt it possible, with the right feats and magic items, for a Fighter to actually be Usable?
Improved Trip much?

Reinholdt
2009-04-24, 04:35 PM
I meant that if wizards and clerics are so overpowered and everything, why does anyone play a different class?
Are the other classes just there to help the wizards and clerics level up into these all powerful gods?
Because some people don't play to win.
They don't play to be overwhelming and power their way through.

They play for other reasons.

Fredthefighter
2009-04-24, 04:42 PM
Isnt it possible, with the right feats and magic items, for a Fighter to actually be Usable?
Improved Trip much?

My fighter feat list usually goes something like this.
Human fighter for simplicity of an example here.
Level 1 - Weapon focus (martial weapon), Power attack, Dodge.
Level 2 - Mobility
Level 3 - Combat Reflexes
Level 4 - Spring Attack
Level 6 - Weapon specialisation, Combat Expertise
Level 8 - Greater Weapon focus
Level 9 - Greater Weapon Specialisation
Level 10 - Improved Initiative
Level 12 - Improved Critical, Improved Shield Bash
Level 14 - Improved Sunder/Improved Disarm/Improved Trip
Level 15 - Quick Draw
Level 16 - One of the feats I didn't pick at Level 14.
Level 18 - The feat I didn't pick out of the two at Level 16, Iron Will/Lightning Reflexes/Great Fortitude
Level 20 - Possibly Improved Bull Rush or something. (Maybe Run so that I can qualify for Epic Speed)
By level 18 I usually have all the feats I want and I can begin to focus on what I want out of Epic feats.
Epic level plan usually goes along these lines.
Level 21 - Dire Charge
Level 22 - Overwhelming Critical
Level 24 - Devastating Critical, Epic Weapon focus
Level 26 - Epic weapon specialisation
Level 27 - Improved Combat Reflexes
Level 28 - Epic Speed/Epic Prowess (Depending on if I took Run or Improved Bull Rush)
Level 30 - Epic Will

EDIT: Ah, roleplay, I see what you mean. Although I find it a little... disheartening? that a wizard can walk into a room and just obliterate everybody.

Saint Nil
2009-04-24, 04:43 PM
Okay, enough arguing. Your all entitled to your opinions. Arguing isn't going to change anyone's mind. Go do what your best at, and leave the flaming for gold and red dragons.I now can only think of a gay red dragon:P

Mordokai
2009-04-24, 04:44 PM
@^ what he said. We really don't need this to become another thread for measurement of virtual organs.

Fredthefighter
2009-04-24, 04:54 PM
@^ what he said. We really don't need this to become another thread for measurement of virtual organs.

Too right.
Well, I've gotta jet now. So seeya tomorrow.
(I'm guessing we can just forget this and say... bleh it's D&D, what are you gonna do.)

Emperor Ing
2009-04-24, 05:13 PM
get a Vorpal Keen weapon with the feats that increase your crit chance and you become invincible :smallbiggrin:

Blue Ghost
2009-04-24, 06:09 PM
I believe this debate has wandered far off course. Yes, I believe that the wizard is powerful enough to do everything by himself, but what of that? The essence of the true adventuring party is not power but friendship. I believe that the fate of Vaarsuvius has proven that point quite well. A true wizard does not succumb to pride, but realizes his need of friends to support him in the spiritual side of the struggle. A true wizard is always there to support his teammates with what he does best: arcane power and knowledge. A true wizard does not seek power over all else or abuse his power for chaos or evil (Rand, I'm looking at you).

Nominate Blue Ghost for Wizard itP: Because he's a true wizard.

Saint Nil, are you going to run for Cleric itP? I think that we need a truly good and powerful representative of the divine out there for the role.

Night Surgeon, you spelled "rogue" incorrectly. That might hurt your campaign for Wizard itP, if you do not brush up on your spelling.

Saint Nil
2009-04-24, 06:11 PM
No thanks, I don't need a trophy to tell me I'm a good cleric.:smallwink:

billtodamax
2009-04-24, 06:15 PM
I'll be supporting KK for Rogue and Saint Nil for Cleric, whether he wants to or not.

Blue Ghost
2009-04-24, 06:19 PM
Well, if Saint Nil does not object, I will be supporting him for cleric as well. Because he deserves it.

Mordokai
2009-04-24, 06:25 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense to wait for Paladin itP competition and support him there?

Saint Nil
2009-04-24, 06:27 PM
Despite popular belief, I never intended to be a paladin. I started off as a cleric, and so many people called me one I decided to give it a try.

Blue Ghost
2009-04-24, 06:28 PM
By that time, dear Mordokai, you will already be back on the side of Good and taking home the prize. And I see Saint Nil as more of a cleric than a paladin, as he focuses more on spiritual warfare than physical.

Mordokai
2009-04-24, 06:39 PM
Despite popular belief, I never intended to be a paladin. I started off as a cleric, and so many people called me one I decided to give it a try.

Funny. Same thing happened to me.

Saint Nil
2009-04-24, 06:50 PM
Seriously? Lets see if I can avoid the fall part.:smallwink: Though you could certainly set the redeemd standard.:smallsmile:

Mordokai
2009-04-24, 06:54 PM
It will happen, dammit! :smalltongue: Just be patient.

Blue Ghost
2009-04-24, 06:58 PM
We will wait for you with all our patience, Mordokai, but I do not see why you cannot redeem now. It's not like you're suited for the dark side anyway.

Crimmy
2009-04-24, 06:59 PM
Well, this has gone off course.

I say, Warmage is not an aggresive class, mostly because you change to that in order to endure a little more for the team.

Vote Crimmy for Wizard in the Playground.

--- Vote the 'mon, or my Summon!

Elrond
2009-04-24, 11:52 PM
I wonder if i could run for Spell Thief in the playground
And for those of you who dont know a spell thief is a rogue character that has a basic use of magic and uses that power to steal others power making him more powerful

Now Vote Elrond Spell Thief ITP:smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-25, 12:52 AM
:smallsigh:

You don't make additional categories.

They just happen.

Also on the power debate : Rocks fall. Everybody dies.

Graymayre
2009-04-25, 01:05 AM
It's a good thing I readied my weapon against the rocks for X2 damage.

You see! That's the kind of skill you get when voting Graymayre for Fighter in the Playground!

Blue Ghost
2009-04-25, 01:13 AM
A prismatic sphere destroys the rocks far more efficiently than a halberd, and is quite beautiful to boot. So vote Blue Ghost for Wizard itP for optimal protection from falling rocks!

Tempest Fennac
2009-04-25, 01:27 AM
If anyone is skeptical about my campaign for Cleric, send me a PM, and I'll send you some Reiki over IM or the GitP Gabbly in order to demonstrate why I think I should win that catagory. :smallsmile:

Boo
2009-04-25, 01:44 AM
get a Vorpal Keen weapon with the feats that increase your crit chance and you become invincible :smallbiggrin:

Headless Bill is beyond your abilities, my friend.

Lord Herman
2009-04-25, 02:33 AM
:smallsigh:

You don't make additional categories.

They just happen.

Like pineapples!

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/PineapplesHappen.png

And apart from that, as I've said two times in this thread alone, there are already four categories, so there won't be any extra ones.

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 04:18 AM
Nominate/Vote Rand for Wizard ITP because i've knocked stuff over by glancing at it IRL. I am not kidding.

And in terms of protection from Rocks Fall Everybody Dies, I prefer to use the rocks as target practice for my Ray spells. Whats the point of spells if you dont abuse them for incredibly impractical reasons?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-25, 04:23 AM
Dimension and plane shift block and the world explodes.

Everybody. Dies..

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 04:32 AM
Globe of Invulnerability. It may save only me, but at least I dont take world-explodey damage.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-25, 04:38 AM
>.>
<.<
Evasion! :biggrin:

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 04:43 AM
evasion, yes yes, good good, but you'll need to succeed reflex save DC [over nine thousand] first. :smallamused:

Lord Herman
2009-04-25, 04:58 AM
You know, if you'd all just convert to 4E, wizards wouldn't be so overwhelmingly overpowered anymore.

Stop, worms! Go back in your can!

Mordokai
2009-04-25, 05:00 AM
*crucifies Lord Herman for liking 4E more*
*crucifies Lord Herman second time, for opening a can of worms*
*crucifies Lord Herman the third time, just for the fun of it*

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 05:03 AM
*quickened maximized heightened blizzard bolt on Lord Herman*

Fredthefighter
2009-04-25, 05:21 AM

I have a vorpal keen weapon.
Actually, I have a +10 Vorpal, Keen, Holy, Flaming Burst, Cold Iron, Silvered Dwarven Waraxe.
60% chance to crit each round (4 attacks at 15% chance each (18-20/x3)).
Also, Headless Bill?
The only creatures that can survive without a head are abberations, golems, oozes and undead (except for vampires).

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 05:27 AM
alas, its useless vs Ghosts. :smallwink:

Fredthefighter
2009-04-25, 05:33 AM
alas, its useless vs Ghosts. :smallwink:

Yep. But If I can just get an Ghost touch back up weapon. It's only an extra +1 bonus, which will only bump up the price to that of a +20 weapon.
Maybe I should get the Speed enchantment on it, or perhaps Disruption. :smallwink:
Current value of Fred's axe: 7'220'000 GP
Value with Ghost touch: 8'000'000 GP

Boo
2009-04-25, 05:37 AM
Also, Headless Bill?
The only creatures that can survive without a head are abberations, golems, oozes and undead (except for vampires).

The failure (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3308/3234395239_0da00c5f87.jpg) is great in this one. Perhaps Headless Bill (http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Headless_Bill) can help him achieve 'win'? No, he's failed too much... There's no recovering from that. :smalltongue:

Fredthefighter
2009-04-25, 05:41 AM
The failure (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3308/3234395239_0da00c5f87.jpg) is great in this one. Perhaps Headless Bill (http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Headless_Bill) can help him achieve 'win'? No, he's failed too much... There's no recovering from that. :smalltongue:

But he can't see me. I can just repeatedly hack the stuffing out of him until he stops moving. :smalltongue:
I may have to upgrade Fiery Burst (+2 Bonus) into Fiery Blast (+6 Bonus).

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 05:44 AM
you can always enchant an ordinary ghost-touch sword with Kill :smalltongue:

Boo
2009-04-25, 06:00 AM
But this is Headless Bill. You'll be lucky to see him.

Right, well, back to self promotion! Go! NOW! *shoos away*

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 06:03 AM
Vote Rand for Wizard, Overpowered is my middle name. :smallwink:

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-25, 06:08 AM
*cringes when the axe comes out*

Oy! Watch it with the cold-iron and the silver 'n' stuff mate!

*distracts with pretty pictures*

Advertisement. It works, betches.

billtodamax
2009-04-25, 06:18 AM
*pokes KK*
Picture ad image url thingy please.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-25, 06:27 AM
Oh yeah. I forgot you could disable signatures.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/RogueITPbanner.png

Advertisment. It sometimes semi-works, betches.
*slashes billy's gold-pouch while he's distracted by the pretty picture.

billtodamax
2009-04-25, 06:50 AM
I don't have signatures disabled. I was just hoping you'd give me a link to the picture instead of the picture again. But then I right clicked it and picked random options until one of them gave me what I wanted.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-25, 06:53 AM
Oh.. right. Thanks. :smallredface:

But yeah, you could always quote my post and copy-pasta the code form there.
>.>
<.<
*discreetly returns the gold*

billtodamax
2009-04-25, 07:05 AM
Hey sweet, free gold! Weeee! Now I can buy everything I ever wanted, especially with the other gold I keep right here... Ah.

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 07:08 AM
You keep your free gold, i'll hold onto the gold I got from coercing dragons to give me their hoards.

billtodamax
2009-04-25, 07:12 AM
Commoners need all the gold they can get... :smallfrown:

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 07:19 AM
If they can earn it, I will gladly give them gp for their trouble. 1 gp for a bit of info can go a long way for all of us.

Thufir
2009-04-25, 07:36 AM
I feel compelled to point out:

My fighter feat list usually goes something like this.
*snip*
Level 9 - Greater Weapon Specialisation
*snip*

Prerequisites
Proficiency with selected weapon, Greater Weapon Focus with selected weapon, Weapon Focus with selected weapon, Weapon Specialization with selected weapon, fighter level 12th.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-25, 08:08 AM
Somehow I think the definition of being :insert class you´re running for: is more acting like one, then, :insert various feats and spells here and scream them out loud:

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 08:23 AM
By that logic, everyone who's running for Fighter ITP might as well just convieve to Fred. :P

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-25, 08:29 AM
Somehow I think the definition of being :insert class you´re running for: is more acting like one, then, :insert various feats and spells here and scream them out loud:

See? He agrees! Rogues are meant to be roguish. Which is why you should vote for me! :smalltongue:

And I dunno about that Rand. I'm particularly liking Graymayre. Gotta love that halberd!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-25, 08:38 AM
:smallconfused:

I think you got me wrong.

I absolutely didn´t even dare to imply that Rogues are ment to be Roguish? Is that even a word?

:smallamused:

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-25, 08:45 AM
My spell checker says that 'roguish', is indeed, a word.

Now, have at thee ruffian! I'm the true rogue here!
*pulls out rapier*

Fan
2009-04-25, 10:21 AM
Well, I did mention the roleplay superiority of the rouge, fighter, and barbarian over their out of core, and summoned alternatives in my last post. I also seem to have cast a incite on all the other posters with that post, and I apologise, anyways you all saw nothing :programmed amensia:

Fredthefighter
2009-04-25, 10:21 AM
By that logic, everyone who's running for Fighter ITP might as well just convieve to Fred. :P

The man is right.

@thufir: I can always just swap it around with a different feat that I took at a later level. E.g. Improved Sunder.

*Stands in front of DD*
KK, if you want to get to him you'll have to go through me first.
*Stands defiantly*
So long as I stand, none shall pass.

happyturtle
2009-04-25, 10:26 AM
*cleric casts hold person on fighter*

Gotta love the will saves on a meatshield. :smallbiggrin:

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-25, 10:29 AM
Fine I'll just go around you then. You and your big scary cold-iron axe. *cringes*

Fan
2009-04-25, 10:32 AM
*casts ghost form on KK*
There, now you CAN go through him.:smalltongue:

Crimmy
2009-04-25, 10:38 AM
*Casts ESTofI! on Surgeon.*
Stop casting!

Fredthefighter
2009-04-25, 10:40 AM
Actually, I have a quite high will save considering my chosen class.

*Quick draws his ghost touch weapon, which is also cold iron and silvered*
I do not wish to hurt you, but I shall if I must.
*Maneuvres to keep himself between KK and DD*

Graymayre
2009-04-25, 11:37 AM
*Readies an Action*

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 11:40 AM
The man is right.

@thufir: I can always just swap it around with a different feat that I took at a later level. E.g. Improved Sunder.

*Stands in front of DD*
KK, if you want to get to him you'll have to go through me first.
*Stands defiantly*
So long as I stand, none shall pass.

*casts a spell that bestows enough negative levels to Fred to make the fight for Fighter In the Playground a fair fight, even if that means bestowing positive levels*

Wizards do the impossible.

The one who earned the title of Fighter ITP for Fighter ITP :biggrin:

Fredthefighter
2009-04-25, 11:44 AM
*Readies an Action*

*Readies an action against the readied action*
Also, Rand...... I made my save. :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 11:48 AM
You...didn't suceed your save...its just...my spell didn't do anything.
HEY!! FIGHTERS!!! You can pass through Fred now

Fredthefighter
2009-04-25, 11:51 AM
You...didn't suceed your save...its just...my spell didn't do anything.
HEY!! FIGHTERS!!! You can pass through Fred now

No they can't. And do you know why?
It's because you can beat me, but I will feel no pain,
It's because you can hurt me, but I will never cry,
It's because you can kill me, but. I. Will. Never. Die.

Never give up, never surrender, this is the true way of the fighter.
To arms my comrades! Today we make our last stand, today we fight for our freedom.
DEATH OR GLORY!

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 11:58 AM
*telekinetically throws Humble Pie at Fred*
And don't worry, it's just a flesh wound. :smallwink:

Fredthefighter
2009-04-25, 12:00 PM
*telekinetically throws Humble Pie at Fred*
And don't worry, it's just a flesh wound. :smallwink:

Don't make me get the holy hand grenade. :smallwink:

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 12:07 PM
What, you're a cleric now? When will the madness end!

Fredthefighter
2009-04-25, 12:09 PM
What, you're a cleric now? When will the madness end!

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
I fart in your general direction!
:smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 12:11 PM
DAMN good thing I have natural immunity to poisons, all the fortitude and 20s rolled in the world wouldnt save you. :smalleek:

Fredthefighter
2009-04-25, 12:15 PM
DAMN good thing I have natural immunity to poisons, all the fortitude and 20s rolled in the world wouldnt save you. :smalleek:

I just thought the smell would be enough.
Also, you don't scare me, I have a white chipmunk. If a white rabbit is dangerous, then something that looks even less dangerous should be even more dangerous.
Chip'Kar, kill!
*Throws a white chipmunk at*

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 12:18 PM
*Throws a white chipmunk at*

*wins initiative*
*Quickened Maximized Empowered Meteor Swarm*
:smallconfused: that might have been a tad overkill...

Fredthefighter
2009-04-25, 12:20 PM
The white chipmunk is completely immune to spells and magical attacks.
It's a wizard's worst nightmare.
*The chipmunk rips Rand's arms on*

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 12:23 PM
Since it rips my arms on, I can now cast 4 spells simultaneously :smallwink:

*telekinetically throws rocks at*
*summons a meteor strike on the chimpunk*
*creates a gateway to the plane where everything dies*
*magically influences the weather to create a nonmagical gust of wind that will blow the chimpunk into the gate*

Fredthefighter
2009-04-25, 12:27 PM
*Chipmunk stands there and takes the hits, nothing happens*
*Chipmunk eats Rand and gains his wizard powers through devouring his soul*
ULTIMATE WHITE CHIPMUNK! (U.W.C)

Amiria
2009-04-25, 12:39 PM
Nominate Amiria for Wizzard in the Playground ... again !!!

I do the magick stuff in the Plaground for more than 3 years now.

Unlike my elven generalist wizard competitors (we had two of them ?) I am a 17th (or 25th1 ?) level Specialist Wizard (Transmuter) with Enchantment and Necromancy as prohibited schools. So while I can't cast it all, I can still do all those cool Transmutations and other flashy stuff ... like Illusions, Magick Missile, Fireball and Prismatic Spray. That's right, I love good old fashioned Evocation, I even have Spell Focus in it.

I am a neutral good hunter of ancient arcane lore and treasures. And a foe of the Fiends and Undead and EvilTM in general.

When I arrived in the Town long ago I soon had my magick tower upon the lake and I swoosh on my Vhroom of FlyingTM through the Town. With my magick I helped the good townsfolk in battles against evil invasions, monsters and plots. My library in the tower is open to all, free of charge. There are with knowledge on a wide range of topics, not only on arcane lore.

Vote Amiria ! For knowledge, for power, for the GoodTM ! Or else ... I'll transmute you into a cute, fuzzy animal and cuddle you to death !:smallbiggrin:

Tagline:

I will leave my Hat on ! http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j179/Kotzgeist/amiriasmiley.gif

1 = 17 RL Character, 25 Town Character

Kaelaroth
2009-04-25, 12:42 PM
*sacrifices several donkeys to Amiria*

Mordokai
2009-04-25, 12:53 PM
Vote Amiria ! For knowledge, for power, for the GoodTM ! Or else ... I'll transmute you into a cute, fuzzy animal and cuddle you to death !:smallbiggrin:

You might want to change this. Because this motivated me to not vote for you :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Reinholdt
2009-04-25, 12:57 PM
You might want to change this. Because this motivated me to not vote for you :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:
Seconded. But I'm already a cute fuzzy animal.
It's just a good way to die. :smalltongue:

Fredthefighter
2009-04-25, 12:58 PM

I can't help but agree with Mordokai here. :smalltongue::smallbiggrin:
I also can't help but agree with Reinholdt. If you're gonna die, either go down fighting or get cuddled to death.

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 01:58 PM
Vote Rand for Wizard ITP because I like blowing stuff up.

Fan
2009-04-25, 02:04 PM
And I believe we only have 1 Elven Generalist wizard competitior, because Crimmy looks distinctly like a Drow, or a human in the avatars of his that I have seen, and Drow don't get those tasty substitution levels like us High elves do.:smallbiggrin:

Anyways, a vote for Night Surgeon for Wizard itp is a vote for change, and progress. Amiria has had her time with her title, I believe it's time we let another have a chance eh'?

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 02:16 PM
Vote for Rand for Wizard ITP because i'm actually a spellcaster, and unlike Amira, i'm not afraid to use Meteor Swarm on those pesky rats.

I like to send a message. When you kill a rat with Shocking Grasp or Ray of Frost, you demonstrate your use of a first level spell or Cantrip to kill a rather pathetic enemy. I am something else. By my implementation of massive overkill, I have sent a message to other observing rats. Either suck 18d6 damage or GTFO, and I am certainly not effin afraid to use the 18d6 a second time! :smallmad:

And let's not forget the use of magic for practical and impractical uses. Summon a man a fish and he'll be fed for a day. Cast Summon Bigger Fish right on top of the man and food will not matter anymore. Trap a man in a closet and then cast Enlarge Person while he's inside of it. Even if you don't lock the door, hell, even if you leave it wide open, you'll kick yourself in laughter watching him try to get out.

In conclusion, Rand for Wizard ITP. Because I AM magic.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-25, 02:33 PM
See?

I did nothing while still getting Fred to defend me.

Is that not a charismatic side of me to you? Eh?

:smallamused:

happyturtle
2009-04-25, 02:37 PM
Right now I'm leaning towards KK because he has the most awesome banner EVAH!

DrakebloodIV
2009-04-25, 02:53 PM
If you can read this, you are eligible for Rogue itp. If not, vote Drakeblood4

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 03:59 PM
Just cuz I can, now I has a banner.
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/style.png

Saint Nil
2009-04-25, 04:01 PM
*cleric casts hold person on fighter*

Gotta love the will saves on a meatshield. :smallbiggrin:

Hey, happy, are you a cleric now?

*goes to nominate happyturtle and tempest*

happyturtle
2009-04-25, 04:09 PM
No, no, I was referring to some other cleric casting a spell.

Don't nominate me for anything. :smalltongue:

Saint Nil
2009-04-25, 04:10 PM
Aww, you'd make a nice cleric.:smallfrown:

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 04:20 PM
Srsly... (http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2241/facepalm2ic7copyrl2.jpg) you glogers have such a fanatical devotion to each other that can only be parraleled by fangirls to Edward Cullen. :smallsigh:

Saint Nil
2009-04-25, 04:22 PM
Or maybe Happy's characters have always shown high faith and spiritual maturity that clerics should have. That might be the reason instead of a popularity contest.:smallannoyed:
V-True, but please don't always make that your first assumption.

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 04:25 PM
That, while definitely a legitimate reason, unfortunately, does not negate that sometimes, it feels like a popularity contest.

Fan
2009-04-25, 04:32 PM
I'm a little offended that you think that we vote for each other simply because we are from the same orginization. We vote for each other not for that reason, but for the reason that we Rp with each other, know each other, and have only a moderate knowledge of the other canididates... Also... ITP contests ARE popularity contests Rand, and that's because the more popular someone is the more people know about said person, and the more people who are privy to their history.
For this error, I will have to present a fitting punishment.
:Ray of Antimagic sculpted to be 4 10 ft cubes with a combination of sculpt spell meta magic, and the Arcane shaping from the Archmage prestige class targetted at Rand:

Mordokai
2009-04-25, 04:42 PM
No, no, I was referring to some other cleric casting a spell.

That's one of the reasons most of my tanks take Iron Will.

And have Wisdom higher than 11.

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 04:52 PM
:Ray of Antimagic sculpted to be 4 10 ft cubes with a combination of sculpt spell meta magic, and the Arcane shaping from the Archmage prestige class targetted at Rand:

*dimension door*

I'm a little offended that you think that we vote for each other simply because we are from the same orginization. We vote for each other not for that reason, but for the reason that we Rp with each other, know each other, and have only a moderate knowledge of the other canididates... Also... ITP contests ARE popularity contests Rand, and that's because the more popular someone is the more people know about said person, and the more people who are privy to their history.
it still kinda bugs me. :P

Fan
2009-04-25, 04:58 PM
Your forgetting who I am. :grabs hand by the shirt Rand as his contingent dimension lock goes off stopping the teleport: I"M THE GOD DAMN PALE MAN. :smallfurious::smalltongue: :smallwink:

Amiria
2009-04-25, 04:58 PM
Vote Amiria ! For knowledge, for power, for the GoodTM ! Or else ... I'll transmute you into a cute, fuzzy animal and feed you to my falcon familiar !:smallbiggrin:

Better ? Will you vote for me now ? :smallsmile:

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 05:02 PM
Your forgetting who I am. :grabs hand by the shirt Rand as his contingent dimension lock goes off stopping the teleport: I"M THE GOD DAMN PALE MAN. :smallfurious::smalltongue: :smallwink:

Pale man, yes yes, good good, but there is only ONE being of arcane energy in this room with a head which is speculatively made out of jelly. *points to self with thumbs*

Saint Nil
2009-04-25, 05:02 PM
Vote Amiria ! For knowledge, for power, for the GoodTM ! Or else ... I'll transmute you into a cute, fuzzy animal and feed you to my falcon familiar !:smallbiggrin:

If I vote can I still be cuddled to death?

billtodamax
2009-04-25, 05:04 PM
I have no idea who I'm voting for in Wizard itp! Weeeeeee! It also appears that there are only two candidates running for cleric, or have I mis-counted?

Edit: Forgot Coplanter. there's three.

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 05:07 PM
Herman only has 2 listed candidates for Cleric ITP

And you should vote for The Randomizer for Wizard ITP, because when people think 'overpowered killing machine' they think me.

Saint Nil
2009-04-25, 05:14 PM
I'm tied between Night Surgeon and Blue Ghost, though Amiria is also a great canidate.:smallsmile:

Who's the thrid cleric?:smallconfused:

billtodamax
2009-04-25, 05:15 PM
<.<
>.>
You are.:smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 05:20 PM
Nil, you dissapoint me. Amira already won, give someone else a chance. :smallsigh:

Saint Nil
2009-04-25, 05:22 PM
Yes, but the cuddles!:smalltongue:

Mordokai
2009-04-25, 05:25 PM

I'm considering it... :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Graymayre
soooo...

When do nominations start? Are we waiting until we have atleast three for each class or is it due to come up at a specific time, regardless of how many have joined?

Fan
Pale man, yes yes, good good, but there is only ONE being of arcane energy in this room with a head which is speculatively made out of jelly. *points to self with thumbs*

Or'ly? :summon breakfast biscuits IV: I've always liked Jelly and Biscuits.:smallamused: :OMNOMOMNOM:

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 05:27 PM
Yes, but the cuddles!:smalltongue:

I can commission any cuddles you require. However, vote for Amira and I will personally oversee to sabotage any cuddles you recieve. :smallannoyed:

Saint Nil
2009-04-25, 05:28 PM
Scary. Though I thought you were a golem mae out of arcane energy, not a wizard?:smallconfused:

V-Ahh. Now I understand/ will vote for you. I just assumed you were in the wrong competion.

Emperor Ing
2009-04-25, 05:33 PM
Its impossible for me to be one thing and not the other. For example, its impossible to have a sandwich with peanut butter without jelly.

TL:DR: I'm a wizard/thing made of arcane energy

billtodamax
2009-04-25, 05:36 PM
I have salami on my sandwiches. Mmmm, salami.

Fan
2009-04-25, 05:41 PM
:continues nomming Rand, but stops eating when he hears he lost Nil's vote::smallfrown:

Boo
2009-04-25, 05:41 PM
Its impossible for me to be one thing and not the other. For example, its impossible to have a sandwich with peanut butter without jelly.

TL:DR: I'm a wizard/thing made of arcane energy

Oh no! He's multiclassed! Run away! Run away!

Also, if you're going to complain about it being a popularity contest, yell at DD.

Saint Nil
2009-04-25, 05:43 PM
:continues nomming Rand, but stops eating when he hears he lost Nil's vote::smallfrown:
I meant to say "might" vote for you.:smallredface: My bad.

Deathslayer7
2009-04-25, 05:49 PM
awww why did you change your avvie? :smallconfused:

Saint Nil
2009-04-25, 05:51 PM
I thought it would look cool?

And, to keep it on topic, when will nomination start?

Lord Herman
2009-04-25, 06:36 PM
Nominations usually start a few days after I've posted the main thread, when most of the candidates have started campaigning. So I think I'll be posting the nomination thread sometime tomorrow (Sunday, for those who live on the wrong side of the world).

DrakebloodIV
2009-04-25, 06:40 PM
OY
For those who couldn't see my last post I'm officially announcing my candidacy for rogue ITP. Also, for those who could, I will be glad to out rogue you any day of the week.

Also, note that my rogueishness is so undoubtable because it is practically impossible to find out where the parts of my post are

For instance, this bit is over here

While this bit is hiding under here

Saint Nil
2009-04-25, 07:23 PM
Pssst. If you want to be added to the list, you have to PM Lord Herman.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-25, 08:01 PM
Amiria has my nomination, if not my vote, for one simple reason: she knows how to smell 'magick' right. :smalltongue:

Lord Herman
2009-04-25, 08:06 PM
Amiria has my nomination, if not my vote, for one simple reason: she knows how to smell 'magick' right. :smalltongue:

How does one smell magick? I thought octarine was odourless. :smallconfused:

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-25, 08:12 PM
*pickpockets Lord Herman while he's busy trying to solve the conundrum which definitely wasn't a spelling error*

Kid Kris. Taking mistakes and turning them into opportunities. How roguish.

Blue Ghost
2009-04-25, 09:00 PM
*freezes Kid Kris's fingers*
Blue Ghost: Arcana for justice, and for stopping pickpockets.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-25, 09:28 PM
:frown:

That... that was just plain mean.

*goes of to find a cleric who can Regenerate his now dead fingers*

Fan
2009-04-25, 09:44 PM

I was actually using a thinly veiled elder scrolls refference there. The Art Magicka is their wizardry, and their spells are called Magick. >.>

Blue Ghost
2009-04-25, 09:47 PM
I don't know about Elder Scrolls, but "magick" is an accepted spelling, used in reference to genuine wizardry. Though I prefer "arcana" myself.

Tempest Fennac
2009-04-26, 01:32 AM
Moon Called can't get online at the minute, but she wants to run for Fighter, so please could you guys vote for her if you can?

UncleWolf
2009-04-26, 02:18 AM
Guys, I don't know if this has been suggested before, but sooner or later it will be.

Vote Reinholdt for Playa itp!*

It is a core class. Really.

>.>

*Disclaimer: Please note that I do not believe Reinholdt to be a playa or has ever been one. Maybe.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-26, 02:46 AM
Also, if you're going to complain about it being a popularity contest, yell at DD.
I'm running semi-seriously so that any contestants have to make a effort, instead of just walzing up there, like Wolfbane would have done.

Also because I believe in hiding in plain sight!

Also, may I tell you, despite all the times I have run, I have Never. won a first prize for anything, despite seriously running for it.

Boo
2009-04-26, 03:24 AM
Also, may I tell you, despite all the times I have run, I have Never. won a first prize for anything, despite seriously running for it.

You realise, of course, that I am to cause for your misfortune in the polls. Yes, even that time. Yes, that one too. Do you understand why? I shall tell you, so that one day you can FULLY understand.

Bronze tastes bestest.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-26, 03:35 AM
Actually I usually win silvers...

Boo
2009-04-26, 03:56 AM
That's why you still cannot understand. You win silver too often, and lose out on the tastiest trophies of all!

Fredthefighter
2009-04-26, 05:15 AM
*Crashes into the thread after being bull rushed by a red dragon*
DIE!
*Beheads the red dragon*
Sorry about that, the little blighter came out of nowhere and starting attacking a village of innocent farmers. Protect and serve and all that jazz.

Nominate Fredthefighter for Fighter itP!
Fredthefighter: So long as he stands, no harm shall come to you.

Boo
2009-04-26, 07:24 AM
Did someone say... jazz? *tips hat forward* Lend me some skin, brother, and I'll feel you a beat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz76hX4mYqc).

Fredthefighter
2009-04-26, 07:27 AM
Did someone say... jazz? *tips hat forward* Lend me some skin, brother, and I'll feel you a beat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz76hX4mYqc).

*Lends Boo some skin through a hi-five*
*Tips hat to Boo*
Unfortunately, I can't play the sax. But that beat is happenin'. :smallwink:

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-26, 07:32 AM
I was actually using a thinly veiled elder scrolls refference there. The Art Magicka is their wizardry, and their spells are called Magick. >.>

You misunderstand me. I was praising Amiria for her use of 'magick' over 'magic' (because it looks cooler and has a k in it), which is something I had not seen anyone else do.

Emperor Ing
2009-04-26, 07:58 AM
which is something I had not seen anyone else do.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/magick.png

Amiria
2009-04-26, 09:50 AM
Copycat. :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-26, 10:00 AM
Vote Amiria for wizard itp! Because for example, in D2 LoD her favorite class is Sorceress, which is the main caster in the game!

Amiria
2009-04-26, 10:30 AM
@^ Thanks.

Some people here put me in a dilemma. I like my old title and the trophy, being "Wizard in the Playground" on a D&D-heavy board like this is a great thing and it really flattered my ego, even though it is just a SMBG thing with no serious privileges behind it. :smallsmile:

Should I continue in this contest ? Or is it time for me to step down ? Is it because of my high profile, popularity and my wizzzardly avatar that it so likely that I'll win again, as some people think ?

But if I withdraw from the competition, what then ? Would the then winner of the coveted title be genuinely happy with it ? Wouldn't there then be nagging doubts like "I only won because Amiria wasn't in the contest ?" :smallconfused:

Crimmy
2009-04-26, 11:05 AM
Well, I must say that if you withdraw, and I have the really big luck of winning, I will be doubting if it was because you left the competition.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-04-26, 11:41 AM
Amiria, you have high-profile and popularity because of the quality of your posts. Thats you. Don't withdraw, please.

Its not time for you to 'step down', there are new wizards itp, yes. But there are also new 'nominators' and 'voters'. So it would still be good to just hold the competition with you in it.

Don't withdraw, please.

Emperor Ing
2009-04-26, 12:27 PM
2 8th level spell slots say NOBODY will ask you to withdraw :smallwink:

Amiria
2009-04-26, 12:55 PM
2 8th level spell slots say NOBODY will ask you to withdraw :smallwink:

Uh, that must be Demand and Sympathy, right ? Admit it, Randy ... :smalltongue:

Ok, I stay. :smallsmile:

Emperor Ing
2009-04-26, 12:58 PM
Ha, you owe me 2 8th level spell slots :smallbiggrin:

Fredthefighter
2009-04-26, 01:00 PM
Ha, you owe me 2 8th level spell slots :smallbiggrin:

And you owe me 4.5 million GP for the last time you broke my axe. :smalltongue:

Fan
2009-04-26, 01:56 PM
You misunderstand me. I was praising Amiria for her use of 'magick' over 'magic' (because it looks cooler and has a k in it), which is something I had not seen anyone else do.

...I've used it alot... I used in place of the normal magic quite abit... Nobody pays attention to me. V.V

Fredthefighter
2009-04-26, 02:02 PM
...I've used it alot... I used in place of the normal magic quite abit... Nobody pays attention to me. V.V

*Pats Night Surgeon on the back*
Don't worry, it'll get better, I promise.
*Reassuring smile*

DrakebloodIV
2009-04-26, 02:36 PM

Fred, only us rogues count money and debt like that. Most fighters cant even count that high anyway...

Emperor Ing
2009-04-26, 03:33 PM

*casts a spell that makes Fred think Platinum Pieces are hair*
It's all on your head.

DrakebloodIV
2009-04-26, 03:39 PM
*casts a spell that makes Fred think Platinum Pieces are hair*
It's all on your head.

I thought Enchantment was one of your barred schools...

Falgorn
2009-04-26, 03:41 PM
I Vote Randomizer for Wizard ITP! Not only is he my favorite abr-er, but he haz bad grammr postrz? :smalltongue: I know it's too early to vote, but just saying.

Emperor Ing
2009-04-26, 03:53 PM
I thought Enchantment was one of your barred schools...

There's several Evocation spells that have the same effect. Or maybe those are Head-Explodey spells. Same thing.

DrakebloodIV
2009-04-26, 03:55 PM
There's several Evocation spells that have the same effect. Or maybe those are Head-Explodey spells. Same thing.

I know, right? Why threaten to slit someone's throat for a bag of gold when you can just do it and take the bag.

Emperor Ing
2009-04-26, 04:02 PM
There's ways to do everything

A) Earn the bag of gold
B) Steal the bag of gold
C) Kill the dude for the bag of gold
D) All of the above

Perform the task, because you may get the opportunity to kill something. Then steal the bag of gold while the dude sleeps after the task is done, and then beat him to death with it.

Blue Ghost
2009-04-26, 04:09 PM
Rand, I must say that I seriously disapprove of your style. Wizardry is not for indiscriminate killing or personal gain. Wizardry is to benefit the world.

Vote Blue Ghost for Wizard itP: Putting wizardry to good (and lawful) use!

Emperor Ing
2009-04-26, 04:13 PM
You dont have to approve. But Wizards have no alignment restrictions. THere are the chaotic evil wizards of the world that walk through the world, leaving a trail of death and destruction. THere are also lawful good wizards who protect and serve the weak and downtrodden, protecting them from the omnipotent dangers of the world.

Rand for Wizard ITP because I advocate freedom from alignment restrictions.

Blue Ghost
2009-04-26, 04:17 PM
If that is the way it is, then I must challenge you to a duel, to prove that my way is better.
First, we bow.
Now, we duel. Roll initiative!

Fan
2009-04-26, 04:22 PM
You dont have to approve. But Wizards have no alignment restrictions. THere are the chaotic evil wizards of the world that walk through the world, leaving a trail of death and destruction. THere are also lawful good wizards who protect and serve the weak and downtrodden, protecting them from the omnipotent dangers of the world.

Rand for Wizard ITP because I advocate freedom from alignment restrictions.
Well, Chaotic evil wizard's make very little sense. A Wizard is supposed to be a architect, or a studious scholar. Not some raving lunatic who harnasses the energies to do the bidding on destruction. That's a evil cleric of the sluaghter gods job.

DrakebloodIV
2009-04-26, 04:25 PM
Well, not really. A CE wizard is supposed to be obsessive compulsive and neurotic, a character whose only focus is acquiring magical power. Weather that power is used for destruction or just a goal in and of itself dosnt matter. The thing is it's supposed to be how a wizard gets its power. A LG wizard always obeys the local restrictions on magic and hides his powers when possible, while a CE flaunts his powers, lusts after more magic, hunts fore more powerful spells, uses them as tools of war and generally abuses magic.

Emperor Ing
2009-04-26, 04:27 PM
*calculates roll* (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2045140/)

Fan
2009-04-26, 04:29 PM
Well, not really. A CE wizard is supposed to be obsessive compulsive and neurotic, a character whose only focus is acquiring magical power. Weather that power is used for destruction or just a goal in and of itself dosnt matter. The thing is it's supposed to be how a wizard gets its power. A LG wizard always obeys the local restrictions on magic and hides his powers when possible, while a CE flaunts his powers, lusts after more magic, hunts fore more powerful spells, uses them as tools of war and generally abuses magic.

:smallsigh:, Yet another depiction of ambition as evil, while obediance is good. The ambition part doesn't make him anywhere near evil, it makes him successful, what he uses it for makes him evil. Also, Rand isn't exactly lusting over power here, he's just blasting crap as his description.:smalltongue:

Blue Ghost
2009-04-26, 04:36 PM
Well, Rand, looks like chance is not favoring me today. I received a natural 1 on my initiative roll. Looks like I'm going to have to let you cast the first spell.

DrakebloodIV
2009-04-26, 04:38 PM
That isn't ambition, its frivolency. The needless spending of spell slots, while a LE wizard would save the spell slots for a future encounter and continue plotting. A CE wizard would blow them in anger or heat of the moment. A CG would think about moderation at the very least, but if they wanted to spend them they most likely would. A LG would spend them only as absolutely needed, and even then might experience moral confliction about using an inherently chaotic art.

Emperor Ing
2009-04-26, 04:39 PM
=\

*Maximized Polar Ray*
*Quickened Meteor Swarm*

Blue Ghost
2009-04-26, 04:44 PM
Dodged the Polar Ray, and my ring of fire resistance absorbed most of the meteor swarm. Though I must say, I am quite awed by your mastery of such epic spells.

Now, feel the wrath of Lawful Good!
*blinding glory*
You're blinded. No save.
*quickened consecrated rainbow blast*