PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Movie Title (And I don't know why)

Surfing HalfOrc
2009-04-23, 08:44 AM
OK, I'm trying to remember the name of a movie that came out late last year, or early this year. It was a CGI animated movie, had sort of a fantasy/RPG look to it, and it was one of the biggest flops ever! They sent this movie to hundreds of theaters, but on average, there were only two people per showing...

That's why I added the "And I don't know why" to the thread title. Morbid curiosity, maybe.

Anyone know the movie I'm talking about? Did you see it? Did it suck as bad as they say?

snoopy13a
2009-04-23, 09:08 AM
Delgo is the movie's name.

I remembered reading about it and I just searched "animated movie flops" to find the name.

It grossed about 0.5 million dollars on its opening weeked. Which according to this article, averaged about 2 people a showing:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/delgo-worst-opening-ever.html

No, I haven't watched it. Unfortunately, it will probably not come out on DVD so I'll never be able to watch it =P

Ascension
2009-04-23, 10:12 AM
Ohh... now I understand.

Somehow I got this conflated in my head with the Tale of Despereaux, and I was trying to figure out how something that was that un-viewed had as much retail presence as Despereaux.

It makes a lot more sense now that I realize that the movie that tanked was the one I never heard about except in the context of how badly it did.

Colmarr
2009-04-23, 11:59 PM
It makes a lot more sense now that I realize that the movie that tanked was the one I never heard about except in the context of how badly it did.

QFT.

I never even heard of it in Oz.

chiasaur11
2009-04-24, 12:18 AM
Delgo is the movie's name.

I remembered reading about it and I just searched "animated movie flops" to find the name.

It grossed about 0.5 million dollars on its opening weeked. Which according to this article, averaged about 2 people a showing:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/delgo-worst-opening-ever.html

No, I haven't watched it. Unfortunately, it will probably not come out on DVD so I'll never be able to watch it =P

I believe that an "Un" slipped in there somehow.

Perhaps you meant "very"?

Phase
2009-04-24, 12:37 AM
No. It's probably got a so bad it's good quality. Ever hear of Manos?

chiasaur11
2009-04-24, 12:42 AM
No. It's probably got a so bad it's good quality. Ever hear of Manos?

My brain still winces whenever it hears the name.

If it wasn't for Joel, Tom, and Crow...

Starscream
2009-04-24, 03:32 AM
My brain still winces whenever it hears the name.

If it wasn't for Joel, Tom, and Crow...

Now the Haunting Torgo Theme is stuck in my head! NOOOOO!!!