PDA

View Full Version : Drainer Type characters

RagnaroksChosen
2009-04-23, 10:10 AM
There was a thread around here that talked about Making alternate healers and in that thread the idea of an egoist came up with share pain and empathetic transfer and what not.
Well i wanted to take that idea a step further adding in necro spell casting into it.

The onyl think i relised is the lack of good drain style spells. Serious Vampiric touch was the only one i found and it was temp HP rather then healing.
Am i missing something or are there any good drain style spells in necro?

My other question is Could you guys critique my build?
I'm going to be using it for a 1-2 shotter at 9th level.
Sorry about the wall of text I don't know how to do the spoilers thing.
Some assumptions: Don't worry about the skills i know there a bit fubar.. we use a rule where if you had the skill as a class skill its a class skill forever. also was thinking about getting improved familiar for an imp or a mephit for there fast healing.

Human
Class: Dragon shaman(gold)1/Egoist3/Focused specailist necromancer 3/Cerbmancer2

HP: 8d4 + 37 (53)
AC: =10+
BAB:+3

str:10
dex:12
Con:16
Int:18 (base 16+2 for 4th, 8th)
Wis:12
Cha:10

Saves Total=DS+Eqoist+Sorc+Cerib+ab
Fort 7=2+1+1+0+3
Ref 3=0+1+1+0+1
will 11=2+3+3+3+0

Skills
Heal 15=12+0+2
Knowledge(arcane) 16=12+4
Knowledge(Psi) 16=12+4
knowledge(NAture) 8=4+4
Search 8=4+4
Autohypnosis 9=9+0
Concentrate 12=9+3

Feats
Egoist Bonus:Psicrystal
3.psi Containment
Wizard Bonus: scribe scroll
9.Magic of the land

Class abilities
Aura(vigor, Damage shield, toughness)
Totem gold

Psi powers

Powers known 11 (3rd)

1-(5) Vigor,Empathy, Inertial armor, Mind thrust,Crystal shard
2-(4)Share pain,Empathic transfer, Concussion blast, inflict pain
3-(2)Body adjustment, forced share pain

Wizard:
lvl|perday|bonus|DC
0|3|0+3|14
1|2|1+3|15
2|1|1+3|16
3|0|1+3|17

Key spells in spell book:

False life, Vampirice touch, Healing touch, any other drain

Familar
Toad
HP:
AC 17=+4size+1dex+2Nat)

str: 1
Dex: 12
Con: 11
int: 7
wis: 14
cha: 4

Amphibious, lowlight

Alertness, improved evasion, share spells, empathetic link, deliver touch

Crystal:
4 hd
HP Half of mine.
Ac =+4size+2dex+1

Str:1
dex:15
con:0
int:7
wis:10
cha:10

Feats:
Wild talent
Psionic body

thanks all

Starbuck_II
2009-04-23, 10:19 AM
There was a thread around here that talked about Making alternate healers and in that thread the idea of an egoist came up with share pain and empathetic transfer and what not.
Well i wanted to take that idea a step further adding in necro spell casting into it.

Other than psionics: I can't imagine any drainer of hps. Well, there is Hungry Touch in Complete Psionics. But like Vampiric Touch; this is temp hps (though it is a 1st level power).

Psi warrs have a power called Strength of my Enemy that does what it sounds like increases your str and lowers enemies. It is an untyped bonus.

RagnaroksChosen
2009-04-23, 10:34 AM
Other than psionics: I can't imagine any drainer of hps. Well, there is Hungry Touch in Complete Psionics. But like Vampiric Touch; this is temp hps (though it is a 1st level power).

Psi warrs have a power called Strength of my Enemy that does what it sounds like increases your str and lowers enemies. It is an untyped bonus.

Psionics get a few. Vampiric claws/blade from the psi warrior. Hmm.. its still odd that there aren't a ton of drain type effects seems like a popular archtype...

I was actualy thinking about taking the Expanded psi feet thing that allows you to learn any psi power... and taking claws of the vamp or weapon of the vamp.

Zaq
2009-04-23, 10:54 AM
Heroes of Horror has a spell called Bestow Wound which is essentially an HP drainer. It doesn't scale very well past low levels, though.