PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart DS question

Linkavitch
2009-04-23, 01:51 PM
So, other than weight, do the different characters have any effect on the stats of the vehicle, similar to MKW? Or not? I have the game, and am doing pretty well, but I was just wondering.

(And please, if you only want to post hate on Mario Kart and Nintendo in general, please don't. None of us want to sit here, paging through that crap, trying to find something interesting to read.)

Oregano
2009-04-23, 02:27 PM
hmm I'm not sure but I haven't noticed much difference when I play different people although I like to god for looks and my favourite character.

btw don't worry, we don't hate Ninty, look at how good the Pokémon thread's doing.

Lunix Vandal
2009-04-23, 02:46 PM
Yes and no. I'm not entirely sure, but I think weight (indirectly) negatively impacts your acceleration and handling (and causes you to slow down more while offroading), but raises your drift rating. (Basically, you speed up slower and turn wide when you don't skid, but turn tighter while skidding.) Since I dislike high-drift karts, that pretty much means I use Dry Bones whenever I can.

Linkavitch
2009-04-24, 04:03 PM
Pretty much my thoughts, too. Another thing: I've only beaten a couple of the ghosts, does anyone know if there are experts?

@Oregano: Yeah, I guess people around here don't hate Nintendo. It was just a precaution 'cuz on all the mariokart/nintendo related videos I see on Youtube about 50% of the comments are all people hateing Nintendo 'cuz they blew everyone else out of the water last year.