PDA

View Full Version : Vorpal Tribble, Demented One: huddle

DMgrinder
2006-08-15, 02:41 AM
Yes I would like to talk to both of you.

I have seen alot of your work, and I've just gotta say that you two have put out enough monsters to make a whole new Monsters Manuel.

I suggest that you two talk to each other through PMing or Email or even a phone call if you're willing, and make some money! Your creations are original, creative, and well thought out. And you make one every day!

Get a job at WotC or wherever tickles ya most, but you two are doing professional work and should be smothered in moola and very naked women.

Besides, how cool would this be:

MONSTERS MANUAL 5
http://www.whalefish.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/monster%20pics/leviathan.gif
By Vorpal Tribble and The Demented One

Fizban
2006-08-15, 04:39 AM
Hear hear, he speaks for all of us!

ghost_warlock
2006-08-15, 04:52 AM
Although I obviously can't speak for either The_Vorpal_Tribble or The_Demented_One, I know that, in previous threads, VT has mentioned publishing his work on his own.

BTW - I love that picture. Tentacles!

InaVegt
2006-08-15, 06:00 AM
Yup, VT has been planning on sending some to dragon, don't know what became of it though.

chaosbrand
2006-08-15, 06:18 AM
If I remember correctly, the only time WotC will publish or even look at your work is when you work for them.

I_Got_This_Name
2006-08-15, 12:36 PM
If I remember correctly, the only time WotC will publish or even look at your work is when you work for them.

Well, there was that one time they looked at other people's work; I remember The Giant got pretty far in that.

But, yes, unless you work for them, you're stuck either in Dragon or in 3rd-party books. I still think a book of Vorpal Tribble and Demented One monsters would be sweet.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-15, 12:40 PM
I dunno about D1, but VT has been burned by third-party bookers before.

Which is unfortunate.

But there's always Lulu.com.

The Demented One
2006-08-15, 12:41 PM
I'm currently trying to get an article submitted to Dragon, but I think I whole book, 3rd party or no, would be a bit beyond my scope. Now, if someone were doing this, I'd be glad to submit a monster or 20, but I'd rather not be the ringmaster.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-08-15, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I'm with Demented, not sure how well an entire book of these would go. Generally the MM's have a good dozen or more writers, so that way you get alot of different styles of creatures.

As for Dragon, I've sent in three queries for various articles, but not heard anything back (though the guidlines say it may be over a month before they'll respond with a yea or nay, or sometimes even longer at the end of summer coincidentally ::) ).

Saithis Bladewing
2006-08-15, 01:30 PM
If a major project of a GiantITP created Monster Manual decided to be made, I'd certainly be willing to help out. I have a ton of monster designs, but I'm generally too lazy to stat them out, or if I do, I'm too lazy to actually go all the way in finishing them.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-15, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I'm with Demented, not sure how well an entire book of these would go. Generally the MM's have a good dozen or more writers, so that way you get alot of different styles of creatures.
Well, so far, we've got you, D1, me...who else makes a metric ton of creatures around here?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-08-15, 01:37 PM
There's Sylgaeia. ^^

And I don't have a metric ton, but I could probably chip in a few.

Saithis Bladewing
2006-08-15, 01:41 PM
I make a metric ton of creatures, I just don't submit them until I think they're ready for even an evaluation. This is rarely. :P

However, with this many people on the forum, we could also remember that quantity of submissions by a person may not be as important by the quality. If every single (active) person on the Homebrew put out one good monster, we'd practically have an MM in and of itself right there.

The Demented One
2006-08-15, 01:42 PM
D1
Favorite. nickname. ever.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-15, 01:50 PM
Favorite. nickname. ever.
I'll keep that in mind.

So, should we hold a vote sort of thing? What goes in a book? Start a thread/project?

Saithis Bladewing
2006-08-15, 01:52 PM
Dunno, but I'd be interested in dusting off some of my old character concepts and submitting them to such a project.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-08-15, 02:18 PM
A question: Would monsters already posted to these boards be acceptable, or would all-new ones be required?

Brickwall
2006-08-15, 02:20 PM
Perhaps we should think about making a 'From the Playground: Monster Manual', consisting of the best monsters here (basically, we look over every monster and say 'yay' or 'nay'). And we could also do 'From the Playground: Ultimate Prestige (Classes)', and such. There's so much stuff here that shouldn't go to waste.

Just a thought.

Saithis Bladewing
2006-08-15, 02:23 PM
Could be interesting, but what would we do with the said collection of monsters or prestige classes?

Fax Celestis
2006-08-15, 02:28 PM
Could be interesting, but what would we do with the said collection of monsters or prestige classes?Publish using Lulu, (www.lulu.com) of course.

Saithis Bladewing
2006-08-15, 02:34 PM
I see. o.O

Personally I'd like credit for my stuff, but I don't really care about publishing or anything like that. ::)

Fax Celestis
2006-08-15, 02:38 PM
Well, of course you'd get credit.

Saithis Bladewing
2006-08-15, 02:39 PM
Oooh, goodie. Credit makes the Saithis happy. ;D

Hm, I should dust off the Diamond Reaper and give him a good thorough rewrite. Gah, now you've all gotten me in the mood to write monsters.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-15, 02:44 PM
Glad to be of service.

ilovefire
2006-08-15, 09:46 PM
I say we just lump it all together in a Best of the Playground book. We take the best base classes, PrCs, races, monsters, and stick all of 'em in a book. It would be, for want of a better term, great for all of us. And now I want to go make PrCs again... *fires up creativity!*

ghost_warlock
2006-08-15, 10:39 PM
I'd love to help out and maybe insert something of my own design into the mix (too bad that many of my creations, class wise, are just arrangements of bonus feat... :( ). And, so far as monsters go, I'm not especially good at rating their CR. But, I guess, that's what the board is for, right! ;D

I don't know about the "metric ton" thing, but I've got oodles of character races that I've made over the years (for a variety of different systems) that I could stat out and post.

As for publishing, I certainly wouldn't mind it! I've had my work published once before, but it wasn't exactly a glorious publication or a wide circulation. :-/

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-08-16, 12:02 AM
Hey, I'll get in on this! I have my shedder bee, and I have so many ideas flaoting around in my head... would you mind if I helped?

StephenZuckerman
2006-08-16, 12:13 AM
If there's any interest in some specialized basic monster races (alternatives to orcs, kobolds, and the like), I'd not mind chipping in, or for some high-CR creatures.

DMgrinder
2006-08-16, 12:32 AM
I'm not sure, but isn't this how the Tears of Blood World building forums started? I mean could we ask the Giant to make a new section for just monsters?

storybookknight
2006-08-16, 01:26 AM
Form a committee as to which monsters are acceptable and meet play balance, find someone to make stick art... I'd work on it.

Brickwall
2006-08-16, 01:47 AM
I can do stick art for humanoid monsters, but nothing else, really.

Saithis Bladewing
2006-08-16, 02:05 AM
I'm rubbish for anything that isn't humanoid.

InaVegt
2006-08-16, 04:56 AM
I'll dig up a lot of mythological monsters and stat them out, way better at ststting stuff out than coming up with stuff.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-16, 12:32 PM
Right then. I'll make a new thread (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11557461 87) and we can come up with an approval comittee of, say, seven people. Like the Supreme Court.

TheThan
2006-08-16, 03:44 PM
Hey while I haven’t made a bunch of monsters I’d like to help out with some. I like to come up with more natural monsters more like weird animals and the like. But anyway, I’m in like Flint… if you’ll have me.