PDA

View Full Version : Polymorph and Assume Supernatural Ability question

Kobold-Bard
2009-04-24, 07:26 AM
I have a Polymorph question.

As a level 11 Wizard I believe I would be able to take the form of a Beholder.

I plan to take the Assume Supernatural Ability feat from Savage Species to gain access to the Beholder's Eye Rays.

My question is whether or not the whole list of rays would be available to me, or just one. They are listed under a single (Su) heading, but this may have just been to save space.

What do you think?

(I know thinking like this will most likely end with a DMG to the head, but my DM sent a huge Black Dragon hurtling towards my heavily encumbered Cleric with a Reflex Penalty. He deserves this.)

PrGo
2009-04-24, 08:39 AM
I heard it somewhere in this forum that some characters are based on the concept of polymorphing/wild shaping into a beholder with the Assume Supernatural Ability feats and boosted charisma (eye ray DC is based on Cha).

So i suppose it is possible. Good luck owning that dragon, there's nothing like spoiling the DM's plans of killing a player :smalltongue:

Olo Demonsbane
2009-04-24, 08:50 AM
Same Heading = 1 Ability

Lycanthromancer
2009-04-24, 09:34 AM
You should get all the eye-rays.

Also, take it twice, and you can get the antimagic cone as well...Useful with telekinesis!

Kobold-Bard
2009-04-24, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the clear up.

I was thinking about taking it twice, although the anti-magic cone negates the other eyes as well.

Chronos
2009-04-24, 10:21 PM
I somehow had a hunch that that's what this question would be.

I was thinking about taking it twice, although the anti-magic cone negates the other eyes as well. That's why Lycanthropomancer suggested Telekinesis. Your eye rays can't directly affect anything in your anti-magic area, but there's nothing stopping you from taking a boulder that's outside, and hurling it in.

Kobold-Bard
2009-04-25, 07:10 AM
I somehow had a hunch that that's what this question would be.
That's why Lycanthropomancer suggested Telekinesis. Your eye rays can't directly affect anything in your anti-magic area, but there's nothing stopping you from taking a boulder that's outside, and hurling it in.

In that case thats my spare feat taken care of. Thanks all.