PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 edition Druid Questions

penbed400
2009-04-25, 01:14 AM
Hey, so I'm making a level 20 druid for one of my friends campaigns. I've always been good at making characters at lower levels and developing them over time but I've never really made it to that high of a level so I don't really know how to make a character that high of a level. So can I get any tips? Also any magic items anybody might want to suggest for me to look up? Also I've worked on getting my Wisdom up pretty high and a thought came to mind and I thought I'd bounce it off of here before I proposed it to my DM. I have metamagic feats in silent spell, still spell and quickened spell. When you apply a metamagic feat to a spell it bumps up the required casting level for it and you have to cast it as that level spell. Silent spell bumps it up one casting level, still spell bumps it up a casting level and quickened spell bumps it up four casting levels. Now if I wanted a silent, non-moving spontaneous spell I have to change the minimum of a 3rd level spell into a 9th level spell and take up a slot there. But what if my bonus spells for my wisdom score go off of the chart following the pattern given by the book. Does that give me a theoretical 10th, 11th, 12th etc. spell slots for placing metamagicked spells? Just thought I'd try that out. Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sucrose
2009-04-25, 11:03 AM
You do not get any bonus spells above 9th level until you're epic (level 21+), and I'm not sure that you get them even then. It would be akin to letting a level 1 Wizard cast Haste, if he has Intelligence 16+.

For general tips, try to find a good wild shape form, and stay in it pretty much constantly. The Huge elemental forms seem like a good balance, as they have reasonable combat effects, and can still speak languages without further spells.

Beyond that, it depends much on how much gouda you want, as a level 20 character can wreck a game pretty easily if you aren't careful.

Look up some of the threads from the 3.5 Character Optimization board on the Gleemax forums. Also, you should ask a moderator to move this thread to the Roleplaying Games forum.

One last thing; please indent. You have a rather massive wall of text, and not breaking it up a little makes it difficult to read, making people less inclined to respond.

Winterwind
2009-04-25, 11:10 AM
I believe you actually want this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30) forum. :smallwink:

penbed400
2009-04-25, 02:33 PM
sorry, I didn't notice the gaming forum, I posted there. My apologize for any inconvenience.